Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 106
football teamsPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I had previously watched the film of the incident,
both car drivers were supposed to be focusing on driving
No matter they were slow in traffic, neither came out well in this
The father for his lack of care for his daughter when he was supposed to focus on driving
Carragher, what he did was unforgivable,
he should have kept his window up, his radio and ignored
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 107
football teams
Posted: 3/14/2018 6:43:39 AM
A guy spat at me in a pub once, I threw a pint over him....man was I incensed.
Both guys were acting nuts but that’s a reflection of how stupid men get over football in general.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 108
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 3/18/2018 5:20:12 AM
Chapster
I think big sam will keep Everton up in the premiership. He is like a cat and always lands on his feet. The club now have a very wealthy backer now as well do they not?

An interesting wee bit of trivia for you football fans. When european football competitions were first mooted back in the 50's my team Hibernian played in the first european cup competition.

We made the semi finals only to be beaten by stade de rheims.

Anyway the first uk player to score a goal in the european cup on uk soil was Jock Buchanan. Here is a wee snippet below. Sadly he has now passed away. His daughter Jenny is a good pal of mine. Her dads medals and memorabilia are up in her ma's attic.

I'm trying to get Jenny to donate all the memorabilia to the club museum down at The Holy Ground.............

"Buchanan holds the distinction of being the first player to score a European cup goal on British soil - scoring for Hibernian in their 1-1 draw with Rot Weiss Essen in their second leg fixture held at Easter Road Stadium on Wednesday, 12th October 1955.

Buchanan replaced Lawrie Reilly at centre forward for the game due to Reilly being on Scotland duty in Denmark the previous day, although injury had prevented Reilly featuring. Chairman Harry Swan had calculated that assuming no delays, Reilly along with Gordon Smith and Tommy Younger, could make it back to Prestwick, via London, where a fast car would be waiting to transport them back to Edinburgh.

Unfortunately, with fog delaying the flight from Denmark, the trio arrived back in London too late to have any chance of making the game.

Not expecting to play and not learning of his inclusion in the team until his arrival at Easter Road, Jock had, in his own words "eaten a plate of mince and tatties that would have killed a store horse".

Jimmy Mulkerrin stood in for Gordon Smith while a young Bill Adams replaced Tommy Younger in goal for his only first team game for Hibs. In the fifth minute a cross from Willie Ormond found Buchanan who crashed the ball into the net to create a piece of European history.

Jock also played in Hibernian's first ever game under the Easter Road lights on 18th October 1954 when Hearts ran out 2-0 winners in a game to inaugurate the system.

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/forwards/john-buchanan
 Squareslice
Msg: 109
football teams
Posted: 3/19/2018 1:25:16 AM
Nowt up wi the name Reilly, even though I spell mine A over T n put the I before the E...

O really? No... O'Reilly... I thank you.... cannae whack Adolf n his bros

I still loathe fitba... still a Jags fan

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more than one reference to the Marx bros per eon
 vlad dracul
Msg: 110
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 3/29/2018 1:09:48 PM
I know the uk forums are dying a slow death. And i know we don't have too many football supporters around. But this story below is well boss.

There's a film been made about the lad. There have been many folk called footballers who were anything but. If you like your football give it a read. I'm going to try and track the film down............

"Carlos Henrique 'Kaiser' - The story of football's greatest conman The nickname Kaiser, he said, was given because of the similarities in style between him and legendary German defender Franz Beckenbauer.

In a career that spanned 20 years, he travelled far and wide, plying his trade for clubs in Brazil, Mexico, the US, and even France.

Instead, he decided to take destiny into his own hands, and two decades later, ended with a storied career as a striker who never scored a goal.

At Botafogo, he carried a huge phone with him during training sessions – at a time when owning a phone used to indicate a high status – and used it to make fake phone calls in English with what he said were interested clubs from European countries.

His teammates, not natural English speakers, were easily hoodwinked into buying stories, but the club’s English-educated doctor Ronaldo Torres was baffled to hear one of Kaiser’s phone conversations, which did not make any sense at all. Looking to investigate further, the doctor found that Kaiser’s phone was in fact a toy.

https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/carlos-henrique-kaiser-the-story-of-footballs-greatest-conman

Speaking of guisers who pretended to be footballers a special mention must go to the geezer below. The plastic paddys in the weege spent millions on this geezer. They signed him on the strength of a 40 or so minute video.

Because he was brazilian he had to be deemed good enough to get a work visa. We heard straight from the horses mouth (Pat Stanton the Hibees greatest EVER player and one of the panel who deemed if he was worthy enough) that they let celtic sign him for a laugh...........

"Rafael Felipe Scheidt (born February 10, 1976 in Porto Alegre, Brazil) is a Brazilian footballer. He was signed by the John Barnes/Kenny Dalglish management of Celtic from Grêmio for £5 million and failed to make an impact.

Plagued by injury and finding it hard to settle he started one game in the 1999–00 season against St Johnstone[1] and was let out on loan to Corinthians by new manager Martin O'Neill after just five appearances.

Indeed, Scheidt later admitted that following an umimpressive showing in a pre-season friendly O'Neill had told him "I like footballers who are not like you", further adding "I like footballers who play well."[2]

The Guardian newspaper called Scheidt the second worst transfer in the history of soccer, behind Steve Daley, in an article published in 2001.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 111
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 3/31/2018 3:46:30 AM
I was in a quiz last week where they asked, "where does carabao come from". Apparently it's Thailand - home of Red Bull. Who would ever have thought that disgusting****ail of sugar and caffeine would make billionaires oit of the owner who would come to own just football teams in Austria, America and Australia as well as two formula one teams?

One of the guys working for m a couple of years ago collapsed at work. Apparently his heart rate went though the roof He went to see his GP who asked him quite a few questions including his diet. When he told her he drank a couple of cans of Red Bull a day, she said to him he'd be better off on heroin.

He stopepd for a while bt still has the occasional one. Yu can see when he does, he becomes slightly hyper, his feet and arms not staying still and his nevrous tension is palpable. (I like that word even if it doesn't fit).
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 112
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 3/31/2018 3:54:42 AM
Back to fitba! (football).

Big Sam stormed in and rescued Everton with just 3 games moving them out of the relegation zone. Since then not much has happened and ther was talk of him being kicked out. Suddenly Everton are firing on 2 or 3 cylinders and have moved into 9th place with 40 points. That's still 21 points short of a top four position which is now the Holy Grail to be able to play in the Champions league. At the other end, they are still only 12 points away from being in the drop zone.

Man City with 81 points, 16 ahead of Man U are already all but Champions.

Anyway, Big Sam looks safe again in terms of points but rumours are he'll be out in the summer to be replaced by some Portuguese chappie. 6 million quid for essentially 9 points. Not bad work if you can get it.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 113
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 3/31/2018 10:23:27 PM
I was at the game yesterday down the Leith San Siro. We beat slices team partick thistle 2-0. To be honest they were the better side for a good part of the game. They had a goal disallowed then we went right up the park and scored our first.

It was absolutely baltic. And being near the sea didn't help.

Still it made the iona bar all the more welcoming after the game.

We have this stupid system in the Scottish premier league up here. After next saturdays game the league splits in two. Top six bottom six. Sometimes the team who finished 7th end up with more points than the team who finished 5th.

The plastic paddies have romped the league. Us, the aberdeen mutton molestors and the orcs from castle greyskull will battle it out for a europa league place.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 114
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 6/14/2018 10:08:42 AM
Slicey
How did the gig doon south go mate?

The World Cup.
Any of yous watch the opening ceremony? Robbie Williams giving it big licks. I'm no sure who the lassie was who sung Angels with him but what a buzz it must have been.

Around 78,000 supporters joining in. Beltin.

5-0 Russia against saudi arabia. Some well taken goals. The big geezer who came on for Russia and scored the header. Some size of a laddie. Naebody will push him off the ball.

The camera kept panning to vlad putin, some arab geezer and the translator. You could see vlad wanted to jump up and say 'GIT IT RIGHT UP YI YA CAMEL SHAGGING TWAT' but he was very diplomatic and just had a wee sleekit smirk.

Looking forward to spain v portugal the morns night.

A good weekend of football coming up.

And i shall lay my stall out now regarding englandshire. I would like them to get to the semi finals. Because i know the players and it gives a bit interest. But.

If yous actually WON it life would be unbearable. It would be 1966 on steroids.

Oh and did you hear WE gubbed englandshire at CRICKET? And apparently it was a good englandshire team.

Anyway comrades

Футбол. Самый большой спорт в мире. Россия 2018
 10ky
Msg: 115
football teams
Posted: 6/14/2018 10:33:00 AM
Hey Vlado. I didn't watch the opening. Given that Italy have not qualified this year, though, I'll be supporting the Argies out of respect for the phenomenon who is Messi and the demi-god who was the great St. Diego Armando Maradona. You?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 116
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 6/14/2018 11:02:22 AM
"Hey Vlado. I didn't watch the opening. Given that Italy have not qualified this year, though, I'll be supporting the Argies out of respect for the phenomenon who is Messi and the demi-god who was the great St. Diego Armando Maradona. You?"

How you doing gadgie? All ok?

I cannae see past germany in most tournaments to be honest. They are always knocking at the door. I think it will be a european nation that wins the cup though.

Brazil were always a good shout as were the argies but again i feel a european nation.

The ivans scored five today, their first win in 8 games. But saudi arabia are a bit like the scunthorpe of football. I mind when the u16's world cup was played up here. The saudis had geezer that looked about 30 playing.

"The former SFA secretary has lifted the lid on the cheats of Saudi Arabia as the 20th anniversary of the Under-16 Hampden showpiece approaches.

Scotland lost 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw on June 24, 1989 and Walker has revealed how allegations of over-age involvement by the Saudis were more than just suspicions.

He was tipped off by a coaching colleague 12 months after the Final that one member of the Saudi team was actually a captain in the army and a married father of three."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ex-sfa-chief-still-raging-20-1028076

Cheating scunthorpes (remove the s, h, o, r, p, e and s)
 10ky
Msg: 117
football teams
Posted: 6/14/2018 1:00:21 PM
You're prolly right, vlad, pal. Germany are strong. I have a feeling Sweden might do well this time - albeit, I've said/thought that before and they didn't. Spain, we'll see how they'll do tomorrow. I think it's gonnae be a good match.

LMAO@scunthorpes

Yeah, I heard about saudi vs scotland. Frankly, these nasty tricks disgust me in sports. Calciopoli (2006) was another appalling thing. Ehh .. mafia wherever you look this day n age...
 Jacknher
Msg: 118
football teams
Posted: 6/14/2018 1:24:48 PM
Well I have Iceland and Croatia in the work sweep stakes......I don't know much about football but pretty sure I won't be in the money lol

I was hoping I'd pull out Australia....just for sentimentality's sake lol
 10ky
Msg: 119
football teams
Posted: 6/16/2018 4:11:37 AM
^^
And how did you pick those?

-Vlado
Spain vs Port Was indeed a great match as anticipated. Portugal were clearly inferior to Spain. I thought Spain were splendid. Utterly love their football. Almost better than the Argies in style.
 Jacknher
Msg: 120
football teams
Posted: 6/16/2018 4:20:35 AM

^^
And how did you pick those?

Someone came round. I put a pound in one envelope and dipped my hand in another envelope. Then did it again again later in the day when there were more teams than staff......so some leftover teams.
 Jacknher
Msg: 121
football teams
Posted: 6/18/2018 12:17:29 AM

Jackn
Watching the soceroos just now. Hope they turn over the smelly cheese eating gits.

One of our players is on the bench for the ozzies. Wee MacClaren.

Fair amount of bruces and shielas made the trip eh?

@ Vlad

Yeah Australians do like their "soccer"....as they call it.

They call the sport where you kick the ball "soccer".....and the one where you carry the ball "football".
Bit ar5e about face but still not as strange as Aussie Rules Football where it is there are 4 goal posts at each side of the field, you actually "punt" the ball rather than throw it, and it's okay to jump on your opponents shoulders to catch a high ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxhqXzVBen4
 vlad dracul
Msg: 122
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 7/3/2018 5:58:08 AM
Now now all yous brexit loving posters getting excited because englandshire are playing the night.

Did yous not know that it is 48% who lost the referendum vote who are actually playing tonight? It must be. The grauniad says so.

This article below is most amusing. The comments after it rip the journo arsehole to bits. Well worth a gander.

Here's one of the comments lol..........

"jingles1964 SuperDooperPooper 38m ago
Surely if they lose by a single goal, the remainiacs will require the game to be replayed or at the very least VAR to award the game to England on the grounds that England didn't really know what they were playing for?"

"If this England team represents anyone, it’s the 48%: the remainers

Steve Bloomfield

Some people in Britain* seem to have forgotten – these young players are the sort of people they don’t usually like very much

A Kosovar immigrant in Switzerland is unlikely to have the opportunity to run a bank, but Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri have made themselves Swiss heroes at this World Cup.**

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/03/england-team-48-remain-players-brexit

* yep once again us Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish have somehow made it into the Englandshire team

**will that be those 'Swiss' players who made albanian nationalist signs at the Serbia fans? The players who are under a fifa investigation?

Switzerland’s 2-1 World Cup win over Serbia was was dominated by the celebrations by scorers Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri which appeared to have political overtones.

Anyway personally i hope yous win the night. I don't want yous to win the bloody thing though. One win of the cup for yous has been an eternity stuck in 1966 for us.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 123
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 7/3/2018 6:23:52 AM
After watching France and Brazil I doubt England have a chance to win the cup. I almost said "we" but I never get that use of the word as I have never played for England. I guess it's a bit like the royal "we". Only different.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 124
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 7/4/2018 1:53:25 AM
I watched England - Columbia. It was as painful as I expected. England played quite well to start with but seemed to run out of fizz. Columbia were a bit rough to say the least. The inevitable penalty shootout which England won! I think that's a first.

Anyway - onwards to Saturday. Can I waste another couple of hours of my life or maybe it would be better spent in the pub?
 squareslice
Msg: 125
football teams
Posted: 7/4/2018 7:27:32 PM
You made me laugh there, Chap... wasting another couple of hours in a pub... would that be with fat fat bastids in union shorts with their replica tops straining over their absurdly fat bellies pontificating on how to play at kicking a ball?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 126
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 7/5/2018 3:09:13 AM
I guess I'm another of those armchair pundits. I'll probably watch it at work, didn't realise it is to be an afternoon event.

I couldn't possibly spend a couple of hours as you described. I don't inherently understand the sense of loss and elation that other people go through, it just is not in me. And I can't understand all this talk about "we could go all the way this time". Well, sorry, but who didn't wathc that France game with Mbepe running at the defence and scaring them witless. I just can't see how "we" would stand up to that. But then my opinion is as valid as all the other people who will call it wrong.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 127
view profile
History
football teams
Posted: 7/7/2018 9:01:02 AM
As predicted I did watch it. Went to the tyre place this morning to book my car in for new tyres - deserted. everything here deserted - no customers - absolute peace and quiet.

Unusually I enjoyed this game. England much less random than they've been in the past. Who would have bet on this team getting to the semi finals. Who are they going to play next - Russia or Croatia on Wednesday at 7 o'clock.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 128
football teams
Posted: 7/7/2018 9:34:12 AM
I predict Russia.
 billybonds
Msg: 129
football teams
Posted: 7/7/2018 2:01:15 PM
Scorchio.....
8 days if we don't lose a match, we will return to the
pinnacle of the world game where we belong...
Of course we won't and that will be my story for the
next 8 days . Until full sarcasm is unleashed on
all our dopey detractors . Three semi finals and we never started until 1950....
Russia has given their all
for England. Vlad picked the Brazilian guy...what a statesman.
I going to make a prediction...please Billy.....don't worry guys ..
England will lose to Croatia and be annihilated by a FrancoBelgium axis of
pure evil.....next Sunday... I purchased a 1982 replica t shirt tonight...
That' s the world cup where west ham's Ron Greenwood brought England home from
a world cup undefeated for only the second time....if only sir Trevor had been fit.
We truly are Ron's 22....this time ....let me get it ..

https://youtu.be/uO844xT7ivE

The world cup trophy is only 18 carat (75%) gold.
Still it's more real money coming into the country to
Shore up our latent insolvency, due to a global governmental resorting
to fake money and its myriad derivatives . It always ends well fake money. Just saying ..

Just to iterate : England has no chance ....
 squareslice
Msg: 130
football teams
Posted: 7/7/2018 7:14:00 PM
If I ever even half understand you, Billy, I'm booking a one way to Switzerland.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >