Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 301
Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material? Page 13 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

You have to remember that this is the most amateurish, most poorly run web site that anyone has ever encountered.

Yes, this is indeed the broken down jalopy of the interwebs.

~ sir pig
be safe my friend ~ everyone sane here, will be thinking good thoughts for / of you !!
& we will be waiting for the first heads up ~ that your safe and sound !!

Thanks, I appreciate it
 browneyesboo
Msg: 302
Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?
Posted: 9/8/2017 11:52:19 AM

But if we slept together that soon I would say that would fall under the category of " hitting it off " !

What Mr. Butter said!

Sleeping with someone has taken on a whole new meaning for me. I never got why people called it that when clearly
you weren't sleeping. I only sleep about 3 hours a night...so when someone asks me if I slept well or ask did I sleep in...
I always look at them wondering if they're being funny.

Umm...no. I was by myself.
 Seki1949
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/9/2017 12:07:18 AM
L.H., her name was Kathleen (I think). I miss her; she must be somewhere.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 304
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/9/2017 5:54:15 AM

Awww. Did you contact her while she was active here?
 backcreek7
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/9/2017 5:57:46 AM
all safe thoughts ~ headed down Florida way !!

" When it rains, I don't mind being lonely ~
I cry right along with the sky ~

When it rains, I don't pretend to be happy ~
I don't even have to try ~

Yeah the sun may brighten your day, but if I had my way ~
I'd take the rain ~

^^^^ Ely Young Band ( awesome song ~ turn it up ! )
 Kj521
Msg: 306
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/9/2017 9:27:01 AM
^^^^^Thank you kindly, sir.

I Will add that to my playlist. I should probably delete my CCR....it's kinda skirting the edge of propiety...but...I keep going back and forth cause I just love the song! Lol! :)

"I see a bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

I hear hurricanes a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin

Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise...."
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 307
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/9/2017 1:02:58 PM

I seem to recall it being Broom Hilda. I could be wrong, though.

It's too bad Casey Casem's American Top 40 is no longer around. You could have had him play a long distance dedication song for her.

Aw, f*ck. Where's my hanky?
 gtomustang
Msg: 308
theeeeres a bathroom on the riiight.
Posted: 9/9/2017 4:52:35 PM
Broom Hilda, that's funny. I remember that cartoon, too.

Around here, one radio station replays old Casey Casem. America's weekly top fooooorrrr-teeee. What a trip back to 1980's tech-pop that you tried to forget. Bananarama, oh, like totally rad (everyone make the T shape thing with your fingers, now) . At least you can't see thru the radio, the hairstyles from back then.

wait, sleep 3 hours a night? I think I do that at a time....I remember when even saying, "we slept together" on "One Day At A Time" was risqué. I guess they used that phrase b/c everyone else was too..naughty for prime time. Can't believe they resurrected that show, much less the movie "Flatliners". What's going to be next?
 backcreek7
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/9/2017 6:00:11 PM
" I should probably delete my CCR "

love john foggerty, a true musical genius ...
music is huge for me, I record cds in my spare time, each 80 min. one is composed of ... one after another ~ different songs by different groups ...
have about 150 cds done now, so taking a break currently ( time to listen to a few, col )
takes me at least 4 months to record one when I do, picking thru all genres of music, recording thousands of songs I love ...
would be happy to share some music with you KJ...
lets start off with this one, a live song off the david letterman show, a splendid vocal performance ...

This Isn't Real ~ by Menew ( guys got a heck of a voice ) type the info on youtube ( live performance ~ david lettermen )
 NewYorker58
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/9/2017 9:46:00 PM
I'm not really seeing what was so bad about LH. Poor Casey Kasem! His body was moved all over the place. He was ultimately moved to Washington State where I live and he died here. There was a big fight over his wife not wanting his kids to see him, and where he would get buried and who was going to bury him and it was a big mess. The poor guy could no longer speak and people were just fighting over him and it was really disgusting.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 312
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 5:32:02 AM

I'm not really seeing what was so bad about LH.

What the f*ck?? You have admitted to not even being here when she was. It's been made abundantly clear she bashed and blamed men incessantly, and I suppose that is what makes her A-okay in your book, right?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 313
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 7:14:33 AM
There is no need to go into detail over LH. It was her story not ours.
Much of her life was posted in the Forums, by her own hand.

Back a few years, occasionally , complete postings / pages were deleted by POF.
Enough said.
 ohenryx
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 8:05:27 AM
Ladyinred0407, I’m not sure what you are getting at here?

I’m quite well aware that in the bad old days (which look better than today, actually) Ms A would delete several pages of postings at a time, anything that she did not agree with. Hell, some of my very best work disappeared forever – maybe I could have won a Nobel Prize for Literature, wadda ya think?

No, probably not.
 michleas
Msg: 315
Posted: 9/10/2017 10:23:27 AM
siisaa, you are so right. I chatted with a man for a least a month or more, then we did a video chat to make sure we were the people in our profile pics. I trusted him enough to come over, we had a fling. a couple weeks later, we had another fling and a month later, one more. I started having feelings for the guy, he talked like he did too. In reality, he didn't have any feelings for me. It's just like you said, it fizzled out on his end. I eventually found out he was bisexual posing as straight! I'm lucky to have clean test results. DON'T HAVE SEX WITH ANYONE UNTIL YOU'VE MET THEM AND BECOME FRIENDS. It's too easy for people to lie on ANY dating site. It can mean danger to your health and life! Most chances it will NOT become an LTR.
 cooldog65
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 10:32:42 AM

It's too bad Casey Casem's American Top 40 is no longer around. You could have had him play a long distance dedication song for her.

https://youtu.be/rV7WF5VVwuo

MsSkeezix
Msg: 317
Posted: 9/10/2017 11:11:04 AM

DON'T HAVE SEX WITH ANYONE UNTIL YOU'VE MET THEM

Damn...there goes my fantasy sex life~ ;-(

hahahaha
 siisaa
Msg: 318
Posted: 9/10/2017 12:41:08 PM

siisaa, you are so right. I chatted with a man for a least a month or more, then we did a video chat to make sure we were the people in our profile pics. I trusted him enough to come over, we had a fling. a couple weeks later, we had another fling and a month later, one more. I started having feelings for the guy, he talked like he did too. In reality, he didn't have any feelings for me. It's just like you said, it fizzled out on his end. I eventually found out he was bisexual posing as straight! I'm lucky to have clean test results. DON'T HAVE SEX WITH ANYONE UNTIL YOU'VE MET THEM AND BECOME FRIENDS. It's too easy for people to lie on ANY dating site. It can mean danger to your health and life! Most chances it will NOT become an LTR.

I'm sorry that happened to you Michleas. That's happened to me and a bunch of other people too. Yes, there's always that unicorn story about the woman who married the man she slept with the first night she met him but there's A LOT more people who get their feelings hurt by sleeping with people too soon rather than marrying them in the future.

I'd rather know if the man I'm seeing is boyfriend-material before sleeping with him. Constant pumps and dumps don't sound appealing.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 319
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 3:38:16 PM

It was her story not ours.

She made it ours by turning a public forum into her personal diary.

https://youtu.be/rV7WF5VVwuo

hahaha, I've heard this before. F*cking hilarious.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 4:18:40 PM
Yes, I didn't know her, I'm just here a few months now. All I'm hearing is that she's a hiker and she dated a lot. Her dates either didn't go well or end well. What's the problem? Since when is it a crime for men and women here to say they had crappy dates that didn't go well?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 321
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 4:35:15 PM

Yes, I didn't know her, I'm just here a few months now. All I'm hearing is that she's a hiker and she dated a lot. Her dates either didn't go well or end well. What's the problem? Since when is it a crime for men and women here to say they had crappy dates that didn't go well?

Oh, for f*ck's sake. Even some of the friendliest posters here have filled you in on what a shithead she was. She was quick to call out "frustrated nice guys" who faced rejection for their whining, yet failed to see she was every bit the whiner they were and never blamed herself for her string of 200+ bad dates. She absolutely vandalized the forums with that garbage.

Quit trying so hard to be a contrarian.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 322
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 5:09:43 PM
Jesus Christ dude. You managed to get her banned years ago, and you're still whining about her.

Let it go.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/10/2017 5:22:21 PM
Pig, you're very negative about women, so it's hard to believe you and take you at your word when you say there was something wrong with her. The more you date, naturally the more bad experiences you're going to have. It didn't seem like Ouija had a problem with her. I'm just seeing that people were amused by her stories.
 sun___flower
Msg: 324
view profile
History
You obviously had to be there
Posted: 9/10/2017 8:28:01 PM
DreamPig
what a shithead she was

+1
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 325
view profile
History
You obviously had to be there
Posted: 9/11/2017 5:41:29 AM
Hiker's stories were articulate and descriptive. The problems with telling her perspective is that she failed to acknowledge the hypocrisy of the 'Do As I Say, Not As I Do' mentality a lot of the time. When someone called her out on that issue, it wasn't necessarily what SHE replied back that was the problem - it was the OTHER female readers that would champion/cheerleader FOR her ="Yeah, what she said!" kind of stuff. A strong, articulate leader pulls people into their own delusion, for the better - or for worse. I had no problem with the stories and morality tales she told, but when someone pointed out a chink in her armor, the other ladies wouldn't stand for it. Made an argument a waste of time far too often.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?