Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backcreek7
Msg: 376
view profile
History
You obviously had to be therePage 16 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
hi ya Kj ~ good eve
back on page 13, I replied to your post, I'm a major music lover ~ left you a song I thought you'd like ~
hope you did, music is the cats meow.
& guess what? you were the person who first replied to me , in my first forum post on pof ... thank you, lil platipe ( term of endearment , col < chuckle out loud )
ps -1 if you liked that one, check out " Pink Moon" by Nick Drake
ps -2 couldn't mail you, so I hoped to catch your attention here
ps- 3 this is not a hit on you ( that's not my thing ) ... although you are very pretty and seem to have a great personality ...
~ tis just, a friendly gesture ~ my lady

steve
 backcreek7
Msg: 377
view profile
History
You obviously had to be there
Posted: 9/13/2017 5:31:36 PM
woops, ment to spell platipie ( cute lil things, they are ~ col )

I'm sure you've heard quite a few of these ~ but they're worth another listen, could be ~ anyhoo ....
white ladder ~ david gray

turn it up ^
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 378
Posted: 9/13/2017 5:36:42 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ I swear i was not there!

.............search to see what they were all writing about?!?!?!?!

hmmm, i recall eye piercing blue headlights and the fine art of speaking, not texting.
 Kj521
Msg: 379
Posted: 9/13/2017 6:26:14 PM
Mr. Steve....

I thank so very much for the kind words and beautiful music. I quite adore music myself...but that isn't why I post songs sometimes. I use to hear so many songs in the wonderful posts by the so many people here both past and present. It was lovely. But I haven't heard much lately and miss it. :)

I hope I was kind in my response to your very first post. I should hate to think I wasn't. And it would be my pleasure to exchange music. :)

Ps....just an fyi...if you would like to keep the "fantasy" of "nice Kj" alive ...whatever you do...do NOT go downstairs to the Off Topic! No sir! Just don't do it! Or at least wait until after I play this song for Joe...https://youtu.be/3tmd-ClpJxA ...And Shhh! Nobody tell him! Saving it for just the right post. ;) ;)

Okay...teasing! Gonna try to behave myself down there. :D
 Seki1949
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Bear necessity
Posted: 9/13/2017 8:23:37 PM

With all her supposed experience, she couldn't even recognize the symptoms of hypothermia in herself, and was lucky someone else was with her when she did display the symptoms.

Yes, I remember that one and I called her out on that. However, it can be easier to recognize hypothermia in others than yourself.

Then there was the camping road trip with the man of her dreams that started so well (I was actually happy for her) until she realize that the guy knew little to nothing about camping and expected her to do all the work. They spent most of the trip not speaking. It was sad to read the sad shambles of the end of that trip.

Yes, her picker was broken (if all the stories were true) but she was so artfully unaware of her own faults. I hope she found someone. Staggering relentlessly uphill with 80 pounds of rocks in their packs. Each of them. Bestes to L.H. and Bestes to All.
 Seki1949
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?
Posted: 9/13/2017 8:28:17 PM
Look who's back! CSM, you have been missed too!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2017 8:43:32 PM
Pig, I guess I have to take everyone's word for it about LH. I still reserve my own opinion because I have not seen her in action. I can't base the way I think on what everyone else says whether it be good or bad about her. A lot of the men here think poorly about women in general and with some of the women giving me a hard time over nothing, how can I then believe female opinions about LH? I have no opinion about LH at this time without knowing her.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 383
Posted: 9/14/2017 4:58:11 AM

A lot of the men here think poorly about women in general

Your posts probably don't help much in this regard. They have more twists and turns than a tornado.
 backcreek7
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2017 9:40:20 AM
on topic ~ in my younger years, being able to sleep with someone on the first date, was like hitting the lotto ( yip yip yippy ty hee !!! now that I'm older, I would prefer to get to know them, a bit first )

for KJ ~ ( one of my favorites, it rocks )

" Bet you got it all planned right ...
Bet you never worry, never even feel the fright ...
Single sleeps alone, and I know you don't really mind ...
Because it's gonna keep him hanging around "

" Don't You Evah " ~ Spoon
 siisaa
Msg: 385
Posted: 9/14/2017 10:39:18 AM
LH seemed pretty benign because she never came at me salty. She came across as condescending (typical for Washingtonians as I've observed) & unconcerned with respecting the privacy of the men she dated. She'd routinely identify them by the minute details of their professions and educational backgrounds. And yes, she got called out mercilessly for it. LOL....she also came across like she had an over-inflated sense of self. It's like, if you're such a great catch, why are you still single & on here?
 2ufo2
Msg: 386
Posted: 9/14/2017 11:33:14 AM

Pig, I guess I have to take everyone's word for it about LH. I still reserve my own opinion because I have not seen her in action.

That's kind of funny - you'll take everyone's word for it but still reserve your own opinion?
I believe that's called an oxymoron.

I have no opinion about LH at this time without knowing her.

Maybe even a new and improved tri-oxymoron.

Anyway, it's no big deal. If you want an opinion of your own, you can always Google her name and that will give you threads she commented on. Of course, it's like having an opinion on an article in the National Enquirer -- no one really cares except the person with the opinion.

A lot of the men here think poorly about women in general and with some of the women giving me a hard time over nothing, how can I then believe female opinions about LH?

A lot of men here think poorly - period. Pig isn't one of them.
Though I haven't really noticed women giving you what I would consider a hard time.

As for being on-topic... LTR material in people is not defined by when they will have sex with the prospective partner. Nor is it defined by how long they will 'hold out' before getting married. Especially in a culture where sex does not always lead to marriage or a LTR relationship.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 387
Posted: 9/14/2017 12:02:24 PM
There was not a thing wrong with LH....with all of the flack she took from everyone...she never lashed out.
As far as I know...Another woman that most people would go after was the young nurse....men were p.o.d she dated younger...the nerve of her!! Men hate that....but i's ok to date a woman that's only good enough....fora Wednesday date intead of a weekend....hhhhmmmm

Another one....that took a lot of crap from the forum people.....it's all in perspective and selective memories some seem to have here.
Unlike the BA or Blue who could take it and unload on others....tough broads..kinda like me.... ;-)

One thing I dislike are hypocrites.....or pretentious people.
I can remember a few details shared by the men critisising LH and her story sharing .
Some are scorched in my mind...way worse than hers.
Right Pig...Henry....to name a few??
 ohenryx
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2017 12:59:43 PM
Hmmm… I believe I have been “called out”.

The_Pearl, you have a joined date of 2/7/2017, but you have obviously been around for much longer than that. Who are you? Or perhaps, I should say, who were you? I like to know who I’m dealing with.

I have been here for more than 7 years now, and I am still using the same account, the same nom-de-plume, as I am not ashamed of any of my actions. So speak up, and tell us just who you are.

...Another woman that most people would go after was the young nurse....men were p.o.d she dated younger...the nerve of her!! Men hate that

I remember her, the name escapes me at the moment, but I remember her, her picture, especially the bikini picture. And I don’t recall ever criticizing her for dating younger men. She had the looks, and most especially the body, she had what it took so why shouldn’t she take advantage of it? Hell, if I were a billionaire, I would date / marry European super models myself!

but i's ok to date a woman that's only good enough....for a Wednesday date intead of a weekend....hhhhmmmm

I remember that discussion. If memory serves, it was NorwegianGuy (or some other young man) who first talked about reserving weekend evenings for your more serious dates, and doing your casual initial meetings on a week night. A position that I did endorse, right here in these forums. Certain women then jumped in saying the intent was to discriminate, label some women as only good enough for a week night. Which was not the original intent, but somehow ….

I will stand by what I said originally. As a general rule, I do not do initial meetings on a Friday or Saturday night. I reserve those nights for something more serious than a “meet and greet”. Unless, of course, the woman is DDG or in some other way has strongly impressed me.
 siisaa
Msg: 389
Posted: 9/14/2017 1:09:24 PM

I remember her, the name escapes me at the moment, but I remember her, her picture, especially the bikini picture. And I don’t recall ever criticizing her for dating younger men. She had the looks, and most especially the body, she had what it took so why shouldn’t she take advantage of it? Hell, if I were a billionaire, I would date / marry European super models myself!

TrustinKarma

I will stand by what I said originally. As a general rule, I do not do initial meetings on a Friday or Saturday night. I reserve those nights for something more serious than a “meet and greet”. Unless, of course, the woman is DDG or in some other way has strongly impressed me.

Agreed, Henry! And good points...I too prefer first meets to be on a weeknight in a very casual setting such as a dive bar or coffee shop. A first meet is just to feel each other out. I can't be out too late on weeknights anyway due to work, so it works out. Friday or Saturday night dates are reserved for a person I know I like & who I'm going to want to be out with for a long time. In the past, my Saturday-night dates that went well didn't end until 1-4am. Those were definitely not first dates either.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 390
Posted: 9/14/2017 1:59:48 PM

There was not a thing wrong with LH...she never lashed out.

Yes, she did. She endlessly f*cked with twenty-something KIDS in the profile review section. Would you care to take a stab at what the root of that might be??

Another woman that most people would go after was the young nurse....men were p.o.d she dated younger

I have not one idea who and what the hell you're referring to. Show me proof I "went after" someone due to the age of their dates or shut your gaping piehole.

One thing I dislike are hypocrites.....or pretentious people.

Good. I will now make it a point to be both just for you. Oh, and at least I have the guts to associate my words with the name I have always had, you gutless f*ck. Another masked forum member of yesteryear? Can you get any more trite and lame?
 Kj521
Msg: 391
Posted: 9/14/2017 2:27:07 PM
"There was not a thing wrong with LH....with all of the flack she took from everyone...she never lashed out.
As far as I know...Another woman that most people would go after was the young nurse....men were p.o.d she dated younger...the nerve of her!! Men hate that....but i's ok to date a woman that's only good enough....fora Wednesday date intead of a weekend....

hhhhmmmm....is right!

Guess that defense of women is selective based upon your post directed toward me in Off Topic.

"One thing I dislike are hypocrites.....or pretentious people"

A little self reflection might be in order here. :)

Oh! It's Ms. Whiskey River, right?

vvvvIt was worth a try! I am not good at guessing the reincarnations under different names. :)

vvvvNow I gotta edit my edit! Hahaha!
Damn! I am good at guessing these reincarnations! ;D
 AKA_Nobody
Msg: 392
Posted: 9/14/2017 2:33:58 PM

Oh! It's Ms. Whiskey River, right?

Nah, I don't think so. Not her writing style. At all. This one knows words. WR overuses, and doesn't know when to use, ellipses.
 AKA_Nobody
Msg: 393
Posted: 9/14/2017 2:36:56 PM
Dammit, too new to edit.

Sorry, kj, I thought you were quoting siisaa but upon rereading, you quoted The_Pearl.

Disregard my previous post; looks like you were right on the money.
 IBup4it
Msg: 394
Posted: 9/14/2017 2:54:01 PM
I would speak for her but I don't even know her language, so understanding her is far beyond my comprehension.

Wasn't here for LH and probably good thing by the sound of it, so no opinion either way.

Sleeping with someone on the first date is irrelevant better to find sexual compatibility now than a month or 2 down the road wasting all the time. I never held it against a woman actually mother of kids was one we lasted 5 years so really one has to wonder is it the a childish act on a person's part based on stereotypical persuasion or just their inability to actually act like adults. You are going to need to sleep with them eventually better to find out a bad lie now saves time, if a woman told me are sex together wasn't compatible I would say well atleast we don't meet expectations now good luck, funny never heard that from a woman. Yet they have left me after those first date roll in the hay was it the sex or the fact I was an easy lay and they were just curious how adventurous I really was? Always left me wondering oh well c'est le vie.

Are you all having fun yet? lol
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 395
Posted: 9/14/2017 4:12:24 PM
"Another woman that most people would go after was the young nurse."

You can't be referring to Trustinkarma because she wasn't young

As I recall , she hit on her grandkid's friends and was praised for it - " you go girl ! "

If a guy did that he'd be flambasted and labelled a pedophile.

....did someone mention the word .... " hypocrisy " ?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 396
Posted: 9/14/2017 5:02:36 PM
Hell, more than that would have happened, I believe. They would have rallied together to get him nuked the very same day he made the post.

But yes, if this woman (who I don't recall) did indeed hit on a friend of her GRANDCHILD, which I can't fathom being legal, you might want to select better people to defend, Pearl. A pedo and LiterateHooker...haha. Yeah, you're really off to a good start here.

Speaking of hypocrisy, this woman had bikini pics? Strange, men posting shirtless pics seems to make a select few here completely their shit.
 gtomustang
Msg: 397
Posted: 9/14/2017 6:28:59 PM
I believe they are mentioning TrustInKarma, it wasn't that she was young, but that she wasn't afraid to date noticeably younger men than her own age. As Henry put it, she had the figure for it, and had some "cheesecake" photos on her profile to let interested suitors know they were getting what was promised. If both sides of the deal were happy afterwards, great, but sometimes she seem to come out of it a little pensive about how it went in her favor. Personally I found her friend Jessiebunnies to be cuter, but I can imagine all these former female forum posters around the world, asking themselves

gosh, why do my ears feel like they are on fire right now?

as for shirtless men, piggy, you're halfway there and I have yet to hear a lady complain :)
 Kj521
Msg: 398
Posted: 9/14/2017 6:57:52 PM
^^^*^ No complaints from me. I like the shrtless pics....just not a fan of the bathroom selfie. To show my genuiness on this topic...could we ask Mr. Pig to post a shitless pic? Just asking. ;)

No issues wth Karma either....if she wanted to date younger....to each their own. Same with you fellas....if you can/want to...have at it! :)

Now as far as Mr. Ohenry's weekday vs. weekend meet/date controversy...yes...I will raise hand. I took issue with that.
 Seki1949
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2017 8:14:34 PM
The Pearl? Whatsamatterbaby?
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2017 9:00:46 PM
Thanks Seki!

I put myself in a 6 month time out for an attitude adjustment. It's amazing how well giving up works in that regard.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?