Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 from site to sight
Msg: 426
Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material? Page 18 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
One thing all of the now gone female posters discussed here had in common is they all wanted guys with money-and lots of it. They all mentioned at some point about being totally shocked if they go on umpteen dates with a guy, and at any point, it's suggested they chip in once a while for the dates-or do the the fake offer to help pay, and if the guy accepts the offer, he is history, and is called a cheap SOB. Their purses are just for decoration. And of course, they all say they want an honest guy. Gender equality goes out the window in the dating game.

Then there was the thread that caused a lot of fire and fury-the infamous "Is it OK if a guy uses a coupon to pay while on a date?" It was surprising to know so many women would immediately drop a guy if he dared try the coupon trick. Women, for whatever reason, feel like they been devalued and cheapened if the guy doesn't happily pay the full amount.
 AKA_Nobody
Msg: 427
Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?
Posted: 9/16/2017 7:42:41 AM

Women, for whatever reason, feel like they been devalued and cheapened if the guy doesn't happily pay the full amount.

Certainly some women (and I'd hazard a guess that it's more than 50%) feel that way. Boggles my mind.

Neither my time nor my "value" is worth any more or less than that of a man. Paying with a coupon should absolutely not deem someone as "cheap" or be seen as "devaluing" someone's worth.

If I were to start dating, I'd want it to be dutch. If a relationship occurs, taking turns paying or treating the other person would be the way I'd like it handled.

So. My treat. And I'm paying with a coupon :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 8:05:25 AM

................. female posters discussed here had in common is they all wanted guys with money-and lots of it.

I won't disagree that, historically in the forums, there have been women who openly claimed, they believed the man "should pay".
However, to my memory, the "Who pays", (dearly, ) was not nearly the issue,............. as was he?............. "Tall / dark / and handsome".
HIS physical looks / HIS physical capabilities, was by FAR the greater, necessity.
AND he must be free to be in a relationship with one woman.

Yes, one can have standards, but hot good lookin' / healthy / outward appearances does not automatically translate to ....................emotionally healthy, ready, willing and able, to BE in a relationship. True of either gender.
I have said it before..................Hot. alone.........is not always a good thing.
 ohenryx
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 8:37:24 AM

I'm trying to figure out how the hell I overlooked this chick if she had bikini pics posted.

As I recall, the bikini pics were never used as her main profile picture, so you would have had to go to her profile to see them. I never had any problem with her preferring to date younger men, I feel everyone should be free to date whomever they like, as long as they can actually convince such people to go out with them. As I recall, TrustinKarma lived near a large military base, so she had a very large pool of single, horny men to choose from, never a shortage.

She really did like younger, in shape men, and all of those military men did fit the bill. I will admit that I became a bit annoyed occasionally by her derogatory references to out of shape men, but never enough that I felt compelled to say anything. LiterateHiker annoyed me because she never once had a good date, never once had a good thing to say about any of her dates. Karma often said very good things about the men she was dating.

I try to never let it bother me when I’m not rich enough, or good looking enough, or young enough. The only way to keep your sanity is to forget about the ones who don’t think you’re good enough, and concentrate on those who do like what you bring to the table. But I will say this: Possibly the most surprising thing I have seen here in these forums, over the last 7 years, is so many women criticizing a man for using a coupon on a first date. No, not all of the women who commented, but a large majority. I never in a million years would have expected that, and wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t been there to see it.

But I have learned a lot here, over the years, especially in the beginning, when I was just starting over. One particularly valuable lesson: Never bring flower(s). That was something I used to do, regularly, a single red rose. Never again, I am still capable of learning.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 430
Posted: 9/16/2017 8:46:50 AM

I won't disagree that, historically in the forums, there have been women who openly claimed, they believed the man "should pay"

Let a man talk about what a woman "should do", and he'll be met with comments from the twat brigade along the lines of "OMG!! How dare you!!! Chauvinist!!!! Patriarchy!!...blah, blah, blah!!"

Here, let's give it a try. A woman should blow a guy in the restaurant parking lot after paying for an expensive dinner. How does that sound?

Seriously, someone, ANYONE explain to me why a woman should be permitted to pull this hypocritical bullshit??

As I recall, TrustinKarma lived near a large military base, so she had a very large pool of single, horny men to choose from, never a shortage.

Damn, that would be like a guy having his own cell in a women's prison.
 from site to sight
Msg: 431
Posted: 9/16/2017 8:54:17 AM
" But I will say this: Possibly the most surprising thing I have seen here in these forums, over the last 7 years, is so many women criticizing a man for using a coupon on a first date."

I recall one post that rivals that on the "WTF" scale. It was from a woman who went on a first date/meet where they went to a restaurant. The guy paid the bill, which is fine so far, but she refused to see him again because she felt the guy didn't leave a big enough tip, which makes him el cheapo in her book, and she doesn't want to date a cheapskate. Of course, she didn't have the urge to contribute to the tip, even though she is the one who felt it wasn't enough.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 432
Posted: 9/16/2017 8:54:21 AM
Are you all finished...patting yourselves on the back?
Funny how you all show your "true colors" and get bent out of shape when your called out on your bullshit.
But it's ok to rag on someone elses choices while dating....that isn't here to defend herself.
Not one of "us" are without issues or we wouldn't still be single and on a dating site for years.
How about owning it??

I wonder "why" the ones that think they have it all figured out...haven't snagged the "one" yet...think about it?
Too old...too fat...too drunk...too much of a player.....too fit....too good looking...too full of yourself....too lazy...too whiny...too judgmental...too many excuses
Pick one.

Never bring flower(s). That was something I used to do, regularly, a single red rose. Never again, I am still capable of learning.

As Cynthia said...that gesture is a good thing.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 433
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 8:58:46 AM
Although I agree that I do not care for flowers on a first meet / date, many years ago a man I met online brought a single tulip to our first meet. He had driven 5 hours to my city (not to meet me, he was coming for an event so we used it as an opportunity to meet) so the flower was quite wilted by the time he got to the restaurant. Due to its wilted condition he told me about it and showed it to me rather than giving it to me. I burst out laughing (in a good way) I thought it was such a cute and non-overtly self-deprecating act. The romance fizzled in only a few months but we remained friends for a couple years. I'll always think kindly of him.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 9:02:27 AM
If I remember correctly, the woman who complained about the size of the tip got thoroughly roasted by men AND WOMEN. I know that I had some choice words for her.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 435
Posted: 9/16/2017 9:06:35 AM

Are you all finished...patting yourselves on the back?
Funny how you all show your "true colors" and get bent out of shape when your called out on your bullshit.

It's also "funny" how you haven't presented one iota of evidence to support your claim of anyone bullshitting. You're just running your fat f*cking mouth.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 436
Posted: 9/16/2017 9:08:25 AM
^^^^BIG ISSUES.....right there. Grow up!!
Evidence about what?? I just stated...Her "dating" stories were no worse than yours...
 cooldog65
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 9:23:55 AM

As I recall, TrustinKarma lived near a large military base, so she had a very large pool of single, horny men to choose from, never a shortage.

JBLM - Joint Base Lewis (Army) McChord (Air Force). I'm still used to saying Fort Lewis Army Base or McChord Air Force Base. I went to McChord plenty of times when I was a dependent.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 438
Posted: 9/16/2017 9:28:52 AM
Lots of d!cks out there.

She's almost 50 now :(
 siisaa
Msg: 439
Posted: 9/16/2017 9:57:27 AM

One particularly valuable lesson: Never bring flower(s). That was something I used to do, regularly, a single red rose. Never again, I am still capable of learning.

Just curious, why not? Did you have a bad experience with bringing flowers in the past? I don't care much for flowers that soon either. That should be reserved for a person you're already dating & well on your way to being an exclusive couple.
 gtomustang
Msg: 440
Posted: 9/16/2017 10:23:34 AM
If a woman is hot enough to "make" a man think he can keep throwing money her way and get his way....who's the real rube? Why does he cut her off the first time he realizes he's getting taken? Because its likely not the first time he got taken. It took a while for him to realize there's no payoff at the end of his paying for everything. He hoped he was buying the milk at least. Last summer I had a lady friend who I hoped would be more than a friend, but at least she spent enough on me to make the money come out even...as if that's the important thing. We all just have to keep our head in the game and not delude ourselves. Probably why I get so much flak when I talk about the existence of "leagues" :)

"hot looking doesn't automatically translate into emotionally healthy"

>>>But for many, it sure compensates :) Why do we eat fatty foods and smoke cigarettes that kill us? Because they're so pleasurable! If foods that shorten our life span tasted like Brussel sprouts...we'd all live longer :)

So, flowers should be for "weekend girls"? Good to know :) As for the coupon issue, I imagine that if I'm a customer sales rep for a company and taking out a client for an impression, I wouldn't use a coupon there, either. But then, women in my league..aren't eating caviar and lobster at Le Pretense restaurant, I don't drink alcohol and neither does she so i can see what she's like sober (and probably why i don't hook up either:) ),so the bill's more like $25-$40 for her and I. And as we get to know each other, they might be the one suggesting a coupon they clipped themselves. Better looking fellows who can attract Barbie, are probably paying enough where a coupon comes in handy.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 11:16:13 AM
Did she purposefully move to be by JBLM, if so, that would be a great strategy for what she was looking for.

This is a big world, so that if a woman wants a man to play a traditional role, there are no loss of men that are fine with doing so. Alternatively, if a man wants to do things differently, I am sure there are plenty of women out there that would accept a man not playing a traditional role while dating. It's so simple, date someone who is in agreement with your style of dating.

If presenting a woman with flowers or a flower is an issue for the woman, then she is a nutcase and that was a good barometer of knowing right off the bat. Unless she has allergies, they should be accepted gracefully. You don't spit on a man for an act of kindness and generosity. I can recall at least once when I've given a man flowers from my garden to brighten up his place. I personally enjoy random acts of kindness, whether I am the giver or the receiver.

If you're out with a guy that wants to under tip the waitstaff, then he is a cheap creep. That isn't someone I'd want to be with. If they feel they want to do that to a person just because they can, that's not someone I want to be with. I have given a waiter more money to make up for the loss of tip I saw a date gift to him. I did see another date take out his calculator when figuring out the tip and saying the waiter didn't bring his mustard fast enough so I can only guess that waiter got screwed out of a normal tip. That was the final issue in a new relationship I was in and dropped him like a hot potato.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 11:37:09 AM
Henry,
The type of flower and the color of the flower are symbols.
Google search, "Flowers, what do they mean, and what do the colors symbolize?"

"One of the most universal of all symbols, the red rose represents true love. It has also appeared throughout history and across cultures as both a political and religious symbol.
Perfect for: Freaking out your first date; covering beer stains; wooing a hunky bishop.'

(copied from Readers Digest)

FYI, TrustinKarma, Was a nurse, working in a hospital, and was either from Germany or had lived there, with her ?family / husband? I do not recall her giving a reason for moving to or living where she does now, but I don't ever remember her telling us she moved there, "just to find a man".
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 443
Posted: 9/16/2017 11:40:51 AM

Evidence about what?? I just stated...Her "dating" stories were no worse than yours...

Oh, look. The Energizer mouth is back. It keeps running, and running, and running. Who's dating stories? Holy shit, are we back to LiterateHooker again?? My stories?? In all of my past online dating experiences, I had ONE "date" that even came close to being bad. She lied about her height. Far from tragic.

Now, you tell me how that stacks up against her stories, you babbling buffoon.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 444
Posted: 9/16/2017 11:43:10 AM
InnerGorilla2 is on his way!
 _babblefish
Msg: 445
Posted: 9/16/2017 11:45:43 AM
^the flower issue can simply be logistical. .

unless you are picking up a date from her home where she can leave them behind it can be awkward and uncomfortable in a public place or restaurant setting of what to do with them

*hold me beer, while i run back to my car to deposit this bouquet
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 11:53:09 AM

InnerGorilla2 is on his way!

Wife and children in tow?
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 447
Posted: 9/16/2017 12:26:04 PM
I like the stories....fiction/real, good n bad.
Some people share LOTS. Hooray for them!

You know sometimes I read a post/tale on here and it jogs my memory to something samey or similar that I've experienced. That's what I like. My experiences/memories always bring me a smile.

I've slept with a guy on a first date. He had a coupon.....it was in the t&c :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2017 12:48:39 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ LOL You had a guy, who had a coupon, to be used, to get first date sex?
?Available on Amazon?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted , WTH to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.WTH
 The_Pearl
Msg: 449
Posted: 9/16/2017 1:55:56 PM

Now, you tell me how that stacks up against her stories, you babbling buffoon

Yawn....You're quite the sweetheart...aren't you? I wonder why ..YOU can't get a date?
A 50 year old wannabe rocker....bawhahaha..
Some of these women think you're the cats meow...I don't.
You've always been just a rude arsehole.....creepy.....actually.

I'll be back!!!! Lol....
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 450
Posted: 9/16/2017 2:16:14 PM
hahahaha. Awww, Pearl. A little butthurt because you ran into a wall trying to make a point??

There's probably a damn good reason why you remain in hiding, you f*cking slob.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sleeping with someone on the first date...are they LTR material?