Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Message response rate      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Message response ratePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

DINNO76
97% of men have a 0% success rate when it comes to online dating. That is why so many give up and quit.

Instead of just making up numbers, you could do a google search and find some actual numbers.

http://www.datingadvice.com/online-dating/online-dating-statistics

Some interesting statistics about online dataing:

In 2015, the Pew Research Center found over half of men and women believe online dating is a great venue for meeting people.

That same Pew Research Center study said two-thirds of online daters have gone out with someone with whom they were matched.

Phactual.com says more than half of users fabricate some or all of their dating profile. For example, 20% of women will use photos from when they were younger, while 40% of men will lie about their jobs.

One out of every 10 online daters will give up after 90 days, as reported by Statistic Brain.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Message response rate
Posted: 1/6/2018 4:08:27 PM

Actually, it can be true. The reasoning is complicated, involving set theory and statistics

If you're talking about the average -- No. It's going to be the same, when there's an equal # of men & women. Take 5 guys, 5 gals and put them on a deserted island. 1 guy's a stud and bangs all 5 gals, and the 4 other guys are empty-handed. What's the average for men & women of # of people slept with? The Same. 1. Mix up the sex scenario any which way, the average for men & women is going to be the same. The # of men & women is off by a fraction... by about 1.5% of more women (thanks seniors!). So it's not going to be Exactly the same -- but nor would any collection of polls be Exactly the same if there was in fact an Exact equal # of men & women. But the point is -- the average should be pretty much the same.

But in polls, it's all skewed One Way -- and usually Very strongly toward the guys having a higher # of women they've had sexual intercourse with. That's Simply Not True. It's not complicated, it's simple. Therefore, the data's Off -- so getting a Mean, which unlike Average doesn't have to be equal, you know it's unreliable reading from that data.

Take polls of heterosexual people 35-40 (to shrink the small difference of # of men & women even more) -- you should see some with women having a higher #, and men having a higher #, but collectively -- basically Equal. Since that is not the case -- and it's Always men sleeping with more, and usually significantly -- you know it's bogus results. :)
 9Pluto
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Message response rate
Posted: 1/6/2018 6:36:29 PM

so getting a Mean, which unlike Average doesn't have to be equal, you know it's unreliable reading from that data.

You mean Median, not Mean.

A poll of men in a sexually active class indicated that average penis size was 8 inches and 9/10 women in in the class were fat slobs.

A poll from the same class of women indicated average penis size was about 6 inches. Only 1/10 though it was about 9 inches because having intercourse always hurt her. The same women, when asked, all felt they could lose a pound or two, with 2/10 thinking they were fat, 4/10 reporting they were average, and the other 4/10 not very good at rating themselves but thinking they were probably fine remembering the other women they saw in their class looked like, though when challenged they could only describe accurately two of their other classmates.

spot4username
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Message response rate
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:42:41 AM
It's so sexy when you guys talk math stuffs. Intelligence is very attractive.

*swoon*
 ohenryx
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Message response rate
Posted: 1/7/2018 9:16:53 AM

spot4username
It's so sexy when you guys talk math stuffs. Intelligence is very attractive.

*swoon*

That’s why we’re all crazy about you, you actually like us!

That is, assuming you weren’t being sarcastic? Please tell me you weren’t being sarcastic, that would shatter all of my illusions and break my heart!
 spot4username
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Message response rate
Posted: 1/7/2018 9:23:15 AM
^^^
Not being facetious.
The last man who made me weak in the knees has a PhD in math. Just listening to him speak was an aphrodisiac (for me).
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Message response rate
Posted: 1/7/2018 2:04:55 PM

You mean Median, not Mean.

YES -- my bad, that is what I meant -- the middle point, the median.

Not being facetious.
The last man who made me weak in the knees has a PhD in math.

I'm not being fecalicious either -- but it's both about math And sex -- so I can see how it can stir one's loins if math-stuff alone can be sexy to them. :)

What I find fascinating though is how we're conditioned in society certain ways, which aren't true. Like the average # of people one slept with shouldn't be any different between men & women since there's not much of a difference between the # of men & women -- but we're conditioned to think men have slept with more women than women have slept with men. Crazy! (and I'm guilty of that much of my life)

Much the same as dating-advice you hear from family members, or most of the ladies, when you're a guy. When the rubber meats the road in the dating scene as a guy, and you hit a point where you can get #s, dates, and sexual relations from different Types of gals (younger, older, church-going or not, emo, preppy, etc etc) -- you realize how-girls-are is actually quite different, and one doesn't need to go to any shady bars to find it out. IMO, the classic dating-advice from most ladies & family members is more true when you the guy are interacting with the more wholesome gals who are more hubby-hunting, and they're not That physically attracted to ya off the bat.
 ohenryx
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Message response rate
Posted: 1/7/2018 7:41:59 PM

Spor4username
Not being facetious.
The last man who made me weak in the knees has a PhD in math. Just listening to him speak was an aphrodisiac (for me).

I’ve had a few drinks tonight, so I won’t try to type it all up. But remind me again when I’m sober, I have a really great story (true story, I swear it) involving an initial meeting I had that involved a head of mathematics department at one of the local universities.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Message response rate