Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Bumble      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 26
BumblePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

or Match, I had thought once that if they had to pay, they would be more serious...not so much!

That can happen in Match as well. In my experience, flakes and non-serious people were more common on POF and other free OLD websites / apps.
 Inicia
Msg: 27
Bumble
Posted: 8/24/2017 7:32:23 PM
Any site's value is determined and executed by those who utilize it. flakes and comedians are very common in this day and age, these are stressful changing times, people use different coping mechanisms, the flakes and comedians have this as a strategy for coping. i am sure as i do pay for a membership on another site and i bet i am a flake to many. lol- flakes exist and maybe are just as common, and more scammers way more on the paid site wow could not believe how many scams in the first couple weeks of membership. in addition, my account was hacked which has never happened here...so many more without photos or anything more than sex, state and age for profile on paid site.
quite a bit better than insane sociopaths or psychopaths coping mechanisms.., maybe getting on the net and making connections here and there helps them, so look at the good it provides for our society and civilization. all their stress frustration and anger released, no harm no foul.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 8/25/2017 12:51:56 PM
I've been on Bumble for about a year and a half, the quality of women on there is a bit higher than Tinders, a lot more professional women a lot more choices in terms of older women as well late 20s/early 30s as opposed to early to mid 20s that are on Tinder. I've matched with quite a few women but not all of them message in the 24 hour deadline. There was an awkward moment in which I matched with the friend of a girl I'm currently semi-dating.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 8/25/2017 1:05:57 PM

There was an awkward moment in which I matched with the friend of a girl I'm currently semi-dating.

Gee, that has 3-some written all over it, doesn't it? Well, at least you can suggest that to her. ;)
 aintnodeal
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 8/25/2017 4:34:42 PM
^^^ That's not awkward, that's OPPORTUNITY! Seriously, the woman you are semi-dating isn't really coming on strong, time to switch and take her friend~! This is what happens IRL, when people double-date. Remember that movie, 'When Harry Met Sally' - how their dates ran off to hook-up?!

Unless you mean it was awkward that your semi-dating gal's friend CAUGHT YOU ON A DATING APP trying to score some strange on the down-low....is THAT what you mean?
 ohenryx
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 8/25/2017 7:26:19 PM
I received my first match this afternoon, and the woman did contact me. We exchanged a few messages, and plan to meet next week (after this whole silly hurricane business is over).

I need to figure out how to add a few words, and choose which pictures from Facebook that they show. It is not at all obvious.
 cooldog65
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 8/28/2017 10:06:41 AM

If there are no physical or job standards to become a member, how could everyone possibly be these ICONS of hotness & availability...???

This seems to be the norm of social media in general. I'll pass on social media.

It also reminds me of the new version of Love Connection versus the original. The original seemed more realistic.
 dpwesu
Msg: 33
Bumble
Posted: 8/28/2017 10:25:46 AM
Henry (see message 31)

I hope you and those who are in Texas are safe today.

AS for me trying these so called dating apps.......well for me.....it's just a joke. I see the same folks who are on here.....on those as well......with the same photos that are 10 plus years old along with the same old BS.......... just my own experience. oh well.........
 Dedelf6809
Msg: 34
Bumble
Posted: 8/29/2017 1:07:08 PM
I gave up on bumble when I did reverse image searches on the first ten users I was presented with and every single one of them came back as being from a modeling site profile.
 iamthe1111
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 8/30/2017 8:05:17 PM
I have a bumble account and prefer it over POF. I don't mind making the initial contact and I appreciate the fact that no one can talk to me or leave me a bunch of messages unless I've messaged him first. Women get inundated with so many creepy messages. It's just nice to have a say so in who can contact you. Also there is a higher caliber of men on bumble than on POF. Just in my experience.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 8/31/2017 12:20:04 PM
^^^ PERCEPTION is REALITY. Bumble could be populated by 90% scum & villainy, but since you can select very specifically the attributes of the men who can talk to you - those men will certainly be more compatible and "higher caliber" than the general population of members.

You cannot generalize about the total membership based on your sample that was taken with very specific filters. So you will never know if the majority of members are indeed scum or not.

The good thing is that you're using the tools to get the results you want.
 ssm508
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/2/2019 10:08:27 AM
I have used Bumble in the past. I had a few dates from there. But no serious relationships though. At the end of one date, a woman told me to text her when I got home. I did and she responded by saying she enjoyed the date etc. However I never heard from her again. I had matches with other women that didn't contact me within the 24 hour deadline. Or I had a brief conversation with them before they stopped responding. These experiences are similar to other online dating websites and apps that I had used such as POF and Tinder.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/2/2019 10:15:53 AM
^^ I joined it but been swiping left a lot. Once I put I don't drive on the profile I've not had any more in my match queue lol.

Oh well, I'll leave some other mug to drive them around like a proper joey ;)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/2/2019 4:08:24 PM
I read the reddit link, it's semi-sorta interesting.

Made me make an observation I never thought of before.
Women gripe about men not making the first contact. I won't fault them for that, it is, after all, their choice. But, after that first contact, it still falls back into the man's lap, he still has to make the effort to set up dates. outings, ect. Where women could make one effort to start up a possible relationship, it's up to the man to make it continue. He becomes the aggressor, except that he now knows when he makes the call, the lady will answer.

How it goes, is up to them. But he still has to be the aggressor, whether he wanted to do it, or not.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/5/2019 12:39:51 PM

Bumble

When you really think about it, it doesn't sound like the ideal name for a "dating app":

"bum·bleDictionary result for bumble
/ˈbəmbəl/Submit
verb
move or act in an awkward or confused manner.
"they bumbled around the house"
synonyms: blunder, lurch, stumble, wobble, lumber, shamble, shuffle, stagger, totter, teeter, reel, weave, pitch, muddle, flounder, falter; More
speak in a confused or indistinct way.
"the succeeding speakers bumbled"
synonyms: ramble, babble, burble, drivel, gibber, blather, mumble, mutter, stumble
"by comparison all the other speakers bumbled""

Hmmmmm....

Then again..........
 fashionchic
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/9/2019 3:36:56 PM

At the end of one date, a woman told me to text her when I got home. I did and she responded by saying she enjoyed the date etc. However I never heard from her again.

Either she was lying when she texted you or she did an immediate 180 on her feelings towards you. Either way, it seems weird to me.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/10/2019 10:37:30 AM
I like Bumble, since I tend to prefer women who don’t mind making the initial advance.
 ssm508
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/16/2019 10:07:23 AM

Either she was lying when she texted you or she did an immediate 180 on her feelings towards you. Either way, it seems weird to me.

A good first date is simply that. It doesn't guarantee another date. Some people are fickle and can change their mind at any time for any reason. Other women have texted me after a date saying things like "I had a great time", "You are a sweetheart:, "We should go out again etc". Yet when I asked them out on another date, they either didn't respond, cancelled at the last minute, or suddenly told me that "we're not a match".
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/17/2019 9:30:50 AM

When you really think about it, it doesn't sound like the ideal name for a "dating app":

Yes, brings to mind "bumbling idiots".

They seemed to choose the name from bumble bees, as shown by their yellow and black images and their references to the "hive" and such messages as "buzz buzz, you have a new match".

It would be great if the girls on Bumble behaved more like bees: all but one bee in a colony does NOT breed! Only the queen reproduces. I don't want kids and am not going to be a stepdad, so it would be great to meet a childfree "worker bee". Most bees work hard; many people online just rake in disability checks, child support, alimony, welfare, inheritance, etc.

The fields for parental status, smoking, etc, are helpful compared to Tinder where you have to write that stuff or show it in your photos.

Bumble demographics as a whole are different from Tinder, so the comment about the caliber of users is realistic. Being a reverse snob, I prefer the lowbrow girls of POF and Tinder over the "higher caliber" ones on Bumble and OKC. Some girls probably prefer the manlier men of POF and Tinder over the "professional" ones on Bumble and OKC.

Tinder has more profiles in which "she" is up front about being trans and more in which she's up front about being married / poly. OKC has a lot of alternative orientations (gay, bi, pansexual whatever the heck that means, trans, etc), while POF seems to be the highest percentage of hetero.

Being written with women in mind, of course there's a height field and a prominent line for profession.

As I recently posted in a different thread, Bumble's match queue is free, apparently a paid feature on Tinder. Bumble typically lets you know when someone you haven't viewed has swiped yes on you, and the blurred image of people in the match queue are sometimes obvious based on colors.

The ability to extend one match by 24 hours, typically they don't respond within the extra time if they haven't within the 24 hours. But you might as well use it on a potentially good match for closure.

Have also posted on other threads that Bumble is a lot "whiter" in my area. Significant numbers of black profiles on POF and Tinder, but hardly any on Bumble and OKC. And within the white women on Bumble, they're less varied: Bumble is mostly suburban and gentrified urban (as on OKC), while POF and Tinder have more from lower income neighborhoods and rural areas.

Regardless of where / how you meet, it's common for a good date where both people seem to have a great time doesn't lead to any future dates. Just happened with me on POF.
 ssm508
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/17/2019 2:28:36 PM

Have also posted on other threads that Bumble is a lot "whiter" in my area. Significant numbers of black profiles on POF and Tinder, but hardly any on Bumble and OKC.

I haven't noticed a major racial difference between Tinder and Bumble. However I know a black man that used both Match and POF. He told me the majority of women that contacted him on Match were white and the majority of women that contacted him on POF were black or other women of color.
 fashionchic
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/18/2019 7:21:43 AM

Regardless of where / how you meet, it's common for a good date where both people seem to have a great time doesn't lead to any future dates.

Whenever I had a first date, the majority of the time I was interested in a second date. I'm not the type of person that needs immediate gratification or will reject someone because of a minor flaw. In some of my relationships, there wasn't a solid connection until the 2nd or 3rd date. Pretty much the only times I wasn't interested in second date was when a man was a jerk.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 3/18/2019 10:50:34 PM

Pretty much the only times I wasn't interested in second date was when a man was a jerk.

I can understand your rationale -- not wanting to be so dependent on "sparks" right off the bat as some requirement. I agree on that. However, on the flip side, I wouldn't want the gal to agree to a 2nd date with me if she really wasn't that interested in me either -- but wanted to "give it a chance". Well, let me correct myself: If she's really 'wow' to me, yes, I would still take that 2nd date. But for a majority of them, I wouldn't want to (likely) waste my time on a gal who was "meh" about me (without knowing it).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Bumble