Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Bumble      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Carrolllll5858
Msg: 51
view profile
History
BumblePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I had bumble for a few months, I had success at first with matches but lately I haven’t had a ounce of luck. Most the girls are college girls and I believe they are looking for a certain type of guy that I don’t have lol
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 5/13/2019 7:34:24 PM

Most the girls are college girls and I believe they are looking for a certain type of guy

Yes, the same type of guy even most non-college women are looking for:

A 6 foot tall male model driving a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.
 fashionchic
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 5/15/2019 7:31:16 AM

However, on the flip side, I wouldn't want the gal to agree to a 2nd date with me if she really wasn't that interested in me either -- but wanted to "give it a chance".

I am usually referring to situations when a man seems like a possible match on paper. But there wasn't an immediate connection or sparks on the first date. That is usually when I would be interested in seeing a man again and finding out if a connection can develop after we spent more time together.
 ssm508
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 5/15/2019 7:45:56 AM

I know men that used Bumble. They told me they got matches. But many of the women would not contact them without 24 hours ( or 48 hours if a man extended the deadline ). That sounds like a lot of people there aren't serious and are just looking for an ego boost. Not unlike Tinder or POF.

Or they might exchange 1 or 2 messages with someone before they stop responding or "unmatch" the other person from their list. Also not unlike POF or Tinder.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Bumble
Posted: 5/15/2019 9:34:18 AM

Or they might exchange 1 or 2 messages with someone before they stop responding or "unmatch" the other person from their list. Also not unlike POF or Tinder.

I agree. What we're apt to lose sight of is that in the dating world -- we're not the only fish they're feeling out in the market. When we met someone, you can't expect they're not talking to anyone else with interest or potential interest. It doesn't mean they're a "playa" -- you're just not the only one in town. And sometimes the timing itself doesn't "match" to coagulate.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Bumble