Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Advice on keeping her interested      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 51
Advice on keeping her interestedPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
TPOYDreams wrote:
Advice on keeping her interested

Make her fall for you. Hard.

Once this is achieved, start doing everything you can to make her fall out of love with you.

She will fall even harder.

IDK. Might work, might not. Seems like a manipulative game to me.

Start out acting like someone she could really get into, get her excited about seeing you/being with you, then turn into a ***hole? Like ignoring her, denigrating her, making her feel less? What?
You think this will make her want you more?

It might work for a young inexperienced woman, eager to please, but where does it really get you (the guy trying to keep 'her' interested?) Feeling proud when she looks twice at you cuz you're acting weird? Happy that you've brought out her 'why are you acting this way, you must have been 'hurt by love' before, here let me help!?!

I vaguely remember this ploy from my own youth. Word got around that, the meaner the girls were to the guys that liked them, the more they bound them to them. Smells like teen spirit! hahaha
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2017 11:14:37 AM

IDK. Might work, might not.

It does, unfortunately. I say unfortunately from the stand-point of the guy who lacks interest in said woman. When a gal starts falling for us, and we (unfortunately) roll with it, and she does fall for us, and she puts too much pressure on us, so we back away -- she gets Hungrier. May only last a short period of time, may last quite a while (sigh).

And the opposite effect happens when we really dig the girl, she reads it, her interest wanes because of the Interest-Level mismatch, we don't want to lose her, so we chase her more and are more into her because of it (which makes her less interested even more). It's human nature.

The question is just: How long does that 'chase' last? With a level head + dating experience, it should only last a short period. But unfortunately, it can drag out too long. :)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/24/2017 11:32:23 AM
Tell her your gonna put her name on the mortgage

She’ll melt in your arms
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/24/2017 11:37:33 AM
I don't know why but for some reason I just thought of a good username for someone :

" Broken Record "

( shrug )
 gtomustang
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/24/2017 2:23:23 PM
"Start out acting like someone she could really get into, get her excited about seeing you/being with you, then turn into a ***hole? Like ignoring her, denigrating her, making her feel less? What? You think this will make her want you more?"

>>>This works excellent on men and women who don't love you, the individual, but sure love the situation. If you are the trophy for them to win (for example, one of the pretty girls in school that, if you can only win her over, you must be a real good catch of a guy. and if she's mean to you, then to win her over really means your a catch), if your daddy gave you the same type of "love" growing up, and so on.

but the truly nice girls, the ones who don't just pretend to be nice in order to get things, but actually are nice? they don't understand the A-hole, much less feel comfortable around one. They may still think he looks cute, but his behavior is so odd to them, they don't feel comfortable around him. still, the immature of all ages, they want to be liked by as many people as possible, so they overlook personality in order to get the person. One of their goals in dating is to impress others--look who I was able to sway!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/24/2017 2:32:44 PM

Seems like a manipulative game to me.

That's what dating is, whether anyone actually sees it or wants to admit it. What varies is just how much of it those involved will tolerate.

You think this will make her want you more?

I *know* it will. The power of "we want that which retreats from us" is very real, and it's not just with younger women. The women of my generation still think they're 21, therefore act and think like they're 21. Many of them have no qualms whatsoever about partying with their 21-year-old daughters. Women in their 40's and up are a far cry from what they were when I was growing up.
 Cynderella
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2017 3:53:29 PM

Offer to take her shoe shopping, your treat.

Most women can always find time for shoe shopping.

I get busy but I'm sure most can fit in a 20 min
coffee break.
Hell ask where she has her bathroom break and
stand outside the door lol

Almost sounds to me like....."My husband/boyfriend won't be outta town till then so I can't date till he's gone."

Personally if someone doesn't have time to date...
What would a relationship look like?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2017 11:06:54 PM
Women want to be put on loans (mortgages)? I don't think so.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2017 5:09:29 PM

Heck no. Women want a guy's mortgage, while he makes the loan payments! ;)
 from site to sight
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/30/2017 7:23:15 PM

Tell that to the women who go after the house in a divorce.
 ohenryx
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2017 8:45:12 AM

Tell that to the women who go after the house in a divorce.

I don’t think that’s true, at least not as often anymore.

Most of the people I know getting divorced aren’t that interested in the house. Usually it’s mortgaged up to the hilt, and if it isn’t, you’re going to have to take out a second loan (or refinance) in order to give your ex half of the equity. When kids are involved, the one getting custody (or primary custody) will often keep the house so the kids can stay in the same school.

This might depend on geography. Those living in California, with ungodly inflated housing prices, may see things differently.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2017 4:39:35 PM
No one wants to be on a loan (mortgage). What you want is to be on the title. You can be on the title for things without being on the loan. Title means you own, loan means you're liable financially.

The best of times, or the worst of times, depending on how you're positioned. Bad if you're divorcing and have to sell a house that's under water, and then owe money to sell. That's a disaster. Bad, not being able to re- finance, because of bad credit, then can't keep the house or have to continue paying a higher mortgage. The good, the lower interest rates.

Henry, for Californians, in a divorce, being the houses are expensive, a couple with a paid off $600,000 + house can split that money and can each buy a $300,000 really nice house someplace else. You can get a very nice house for $200,000 on the lower east coast. Then pocket $100,000. Not a bad deal.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2017 5:49:10 PM

No one wants to be on a loan (mortgage)

If you get the property, that's not necessarily a bad thing, and Most of the time, a good thing of course. It's a house. Interest rates make paying it off cheaper than renting a house, and it's your equity. Obviously not as good as buying in cash, but it's still yours.

Bob: "Here, you want this house?"
Sally: "Sure! Free?!"
Bob: "Yeah, Free! Ownership! I mean, you have to pay rent -- ie monthly mortgage payments..."
Sally: "Oh, that's not free! I don't want to pay anything! How about I get on the title, and YOU make the payments?"
Bob: "Alright.... doesn't seem fair, but..."
Sally: "... but nothing, buster! Look, we get married. Then IF I divorce your sorry a$$, THEN I'll take your deal and take the house purely on my own, and make the rent payments. Until then, it's mine just as much, and I pay nothing! Stop being, greedy, a-hole!"
Bob: "You're right. I should stop being greedy."
 NewYorker58
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2017 8:03:22 PM
I know what you mean. My gf's bf showed what a douchebag he is AFTER she put his name on her house title. He's now looking to breakup. Told her to move out of her house, lol. Yes, there are some greedy manipulative people out there.
 Cynderella
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2017 5:49:55 AM
How do I get me a Bob?

Oh damn I already own my
own home and have a BOB
in my drawer.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2017 1:24:35 PM

My gf's bf showed what a douchebag he is AFTER she put his name on her house title. He's now looking to breakup. Told her to move out of her house, lol. Yes, there are some greedy manipulative people out there.

Well, my example was a Joke on how the guy Wasn't being greedy, but a gal thought he was. :) In my example, the gal was greedy manipulative. Not to say you couldn't reverse the gender roles.

In your IRL example, she put his name on the house title. It's his just as much his as it is hers. If she says "move out of my house", he could say the same thing to her (which it's neither's, solely). You don't put someone on a title unless you want them to have half of it -- even upon breaking up. Even if they want to break up and you don't at the time.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2017 11:18:38 PM
It's unfortunate she made this mistake. Thing is, he has no right to ask her to leave being a 50% owner in the house. This was last year. They're staying together. After showing his true colors, I would have dumped him, sold the house and bought another one. She's a very nice person. She does way too much for him with no sign of appreciation.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2017 12:15:00 AM

Thing is, he has no right to ask her to leave being a 50% owner in the house.

I agree. Just as silly as she asking him to move out of the house. The only way I'd see without financial contribution in a Relationship to split the house -- would be if the two didn't want to get married for legal complication reasons if divorce, but wanted to wear rings, having a party/reception, and split things like the house and open a joint account, etc. Then it wouldn't be being an idiot to put them on the title of the house... any question of being an idiot would be meshing lives with a certain someone in general where you're married or virtually married.

Other than virtually getting married (or actually married, obviously) -- I wouldn't put a GF on the title of my house or expect it the other way, unless/until she financially Contributed to the house, roughly equally as much as I did. Like if they put down a down payment on the house and paid close to the same amount of monthly payments as I did without them. Putting them on the title -- but not getting married -- basically says "No matter what happens between us, I can't kick you out, and obviously vice versa. We're stuck together like we Are married."

If I'm in his position, I certainly wouldn't mind paying super-low rent contributions instead of getting the house, in comparison to the cost of the house (mort payments+services+upkeep costs+utilities sharing). If I'm throwing in $200/mo -- $45 to cover half of cable, $30 to cover half of water/sewer/trash, and $125 for general utilities (heat/AC) & upkeep, that Lessens the financial burden of her -- I can't complain. That's CHEAPER than renting elsewhere, and CHEAPER than buying a house.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/4/2017 10:55:28 AM
But dumb gal couldn’t afford da home without the man’s contribution

What a pile of shiat!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2017 12:09:21 PM
If I was in her position, I would not have put him on the title. I would simply ask him for his contribution, as he'd have to pay to live someplace. I'm not sure if that's what you were saying in your last paragraph. People fall in love, then use bad judgment. When people are drunk, they shouldn't make important decisions. Maybe people in love need to treat themselves the same way and consider themselves too impaired to make big decisions like Financial ones, LOL.
 9Pluto
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2017 3:08:09 PM
NYer:
Thing is, he has no right to ask her to leave being a 50% owner in the house.

Norge:
I agree. Just as silly as she asking him to move out of the house. The only way I'd see without financial contribution in a Relationship to split the house

The guy is a jerk and a free house landed in his lap which he did not lift a finger to get and now is apparently taking advantage of a defenseless woman according to NYer's post, including keeping his part of any equity that the house has that everyone obviously knows is all 100%, without doubt the poor damsel's property.

Shame on the man.

If he were here to explain his true color we could really tell him what a jerk he is. I mean, out of the blue, this women gives him half a house asset with no obligation, which has recording fees and who knows what else depending on the financing and/or refi of the house. And this douche obviously didn't help the victim's get a refinancing to do work on the house or withdraw equity for any other admirable cause, by assuming joint responsibility for a mortgage and using his credit rating jointly with hers to harvest a better rate or a qualification when otherwise nothing could have been done. These types make me maddddd

He should be a man and just give her the keys and go to the lawyers and pay a couple hundred to remove himself from whatever scam he pulled, and be lucky to leave with the underwear on his butt!
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2017 5:45:16 PM

My gf's bf showed what a douchebag he is AFTER she put his name on her house title. He's now looking to breakup. Told her to move out of her house, lol. Yes, there are some greedy manipulative people out there.

You kill one "Dirty John", and another one pops right up.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2017 6:15:19 PM
Pluto, it's unfortunate that my friend is submissive. As an example of how he is, sometimes they work different shifts, so she would cook and make up a plate for him. He had the nerve to b!tch her out because he said the plate was too full for him to reheat, LOL. I would have shoved his face in that plate to move out more food and make more room for him.

Someone is shopping for your food, cooking it and plating it up for you, doing the dishes and you're going to b!tch at her! This is why I laugh when men want to complain about women while in most cases, the woman is going out of their way and beyond what they have to do to take care of the man. Sign me up for a wife. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be catered to like that. Men want to talk about women being brought up to be princesses, but yet the men think they are all the king.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/4/2017 6:19:02 PM
^^^

Displays of violence are unattractive.

I’m sure the anger is evident on dates :(
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/5/2017 4:08:00 AM

the woman is going out of their way and beyond what they have to do to take care of the man. Sign me up for a wife. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be catered to like that.

Someone has been watching too many Happy Days marathons lately. What decade are you living in??
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Advice on keeping her interested