Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Odd man out      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Odd man outPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

He loves it even more when she grabs the back of his head to kiss him hello and he asks why her hand is all wet and gooey

Him: "What's that melted white BUTTER all over your hands?"

Her: "I was cooking chicken."
 UnKnownNYMale
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Odd man out
Posted: 9/22/2017 2:08:20 PM

do yourself a favor and stop looking at facebook. All the couples, anniversaries, pda, traveling, bragging....will make you feel bad, isolate yourself from that crap, and get on with your life.

...not only that, the sheer amount of really stupid, indoctrinated, gullible, illogical, idiots is astounding. The sheer amount of misinformation, lies, and stupidity being spread around without care for it's accuracy is sickening.

Facebook is good part of what is wrong with "society" today.
 from site to sight
Msg: 46
Odd man out
Posted: 9/23/2017 9:23:14 AM
"Facebook is good part of what is wrong with "society" today."

Add to that, the device people use to get to Facebook-the smart phone. How many people would want to work at a job where they are on call 24/7, 365 days a year? Not many, but many are willing to be on call every second of their life with a smartphone. People need to stop staring at their phone all of the time and get a life in the real world. The addiction to a smartphone is as bad as addiction to cigarettes or drugs.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Odd man out
Posted: 9/23/2017 2:49:03 PM
Agreed^^^ people look at me c9ck eyed when I tell them I don't want one and show them my primitive pay as you go phone. I bought for 20.00 in 2006. It still works. All I need to use it for is texting and calling. I don't have to carry a camera, a television and a GPS around with me. More than often I leave it at home when I go out...People ask why? and I say...Because I don't want people to know where I am or to call me.
Personally I liked it when I had a phone that was tethered to the wall with a dial on it. At least I always knew where my phone was.

I don't want a phone that is smarter than me. I like stupid phones.
 samebigpond
Msg: 48
Odd man out
Posted: 2/19/2018 3:00:12 PM
Being single is not a disease or make someone a 'loser'. There are many bright sides to being available. No one to nag you, yell at you, etc. Remind yourself of all the couples about to go through a divorce, couples with little substance to their relationship. Single people are truly "born that way"!
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 49
Odd man out
Posted: 2/21/2018 6:20:47 AM

No one to nag you, yell at you,

That shouldn't go on 24/7 in any relationship BUT

any relationship, romantic or otherwise

requires some emotional "heavy lifting"!
 julystorm7
Msg: 50
Odd man out
Posted: 2/21/2018 8:54:50 AM
There are worse things than being single. I was with someone for many years who did not get along with my friends' spouses so I was always left out of stuff, the longer I was with him, the less friends I had. My friends would sometimes apologize to me, telling me it wasn't me but him and I understood that because he was a didn't mesh well with any of them.

My spouse would often make friends and then suggest us doing something as a couple with his friend and wife and we'd do that but what kept happening is if I got on well with the wife, she would end up disliking my spouse and not want to do couple gettogethers. There were two couples that we were friends with for years though but I secretly didnt like either wife but they got along with my spouse. The problem was that I was a smalltown girl, well-educated and he was a big city boy who was a high school dropout from a bad neighbourhood (yes, I know, I was stupid to get together with him but call my initial attraction to him a bad boy phase). I was never able to go out on my own and try and make friends because he would give me a really hard time about it and sometimes acuse me of trying to cheat on him and stuff so I spent a lot of years friendless.

At least when you are single you can go meet more single friends. When you are stuck with a ball and chain it is a lot harder.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Odd man out
Posted: 2/26/2018 4:05:40 PM

There are worse things than being single.

I think that's what ButterChuck needs to understand -- along with a lot of other people (more often girls than guys). In fact, being single is Better than Many relationships, if one has a self-esteem. There's no actual value merely going-steady or more with someone/anyone.

My spouse would often make friends and then suggest us doing something as a couple with his friend and wife and we'd do that but what kept happening is if I got on well with the wife, she would end up disliking my spouse and not want to do couple gettogethers.

To be fair though -- I think the real concern would be You with your significant other... not your significant other with others. That's just the clue. I would hope one wouldn't want to be in couplehood so they could hang out with other couples, as it's "value". :)

he was a big city boy who was a high school dropout from a bad neighbourhood (yes, I know, I was stupid to get together with him but call my initial attraction to him a bad boy phase)

It was a bad-boy phase to start it going, yeah -- but more than a mere phase to stick with him, pop out more kids, etc. An example where some gals can't complain that guys are into looks "too much". A gal liking a "bad boy" type, even a little watered down when she's a bit older, is capturing a feeling of sexual "masculinity", albeit in a bad way. Much the same as taking a gal and putting her in naughty/hoochie-mama clothes showing some skin, exuding sexual "feminity". Whole other subject. :)

At least when you are single you can go meet more single friends.

You can do that when you're "taken" and not in the greatest of relationships. Although, with kids, single or not, your time is limited on that, as with everything else. I think ButterChuck would feel better socializing out at certain places, like neighborhood bars (no heavy drinking required), Meetup situations, etc. Getting that ball rolling and having a social life -- you're not going to feel at a "loss" not being In a Relationship. In fact, you'll see the Positive of being single, and the lack of alleged positive for just being tied down. You'll also at least open things up to mingle with the opp-sex, too.

But when you're down & out like ButterChuck is, it's hard to get that ball rolling in the first place. :(
 NewYorker58
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Odd man out
Posted: 2/27/2018 12:57:32 AM
When your friends are married, you get new friends. Not to say to discard current friends. People couple up, then life gets busy for them, so I do think the single friend should also make the effort to stay in touch.

In NY, I got more friendly with women at the gym after a LTR ended, and then went out with them, whichever friends were still single and single co-workers. That's when I met my husband. With divorcing, I joined meet up groups and made friends, and I have single neighbor friends I'm more active with. When life changes, you have to change with it. Seeing happy couples makes me happy, especially if they're friends of mine.

No one has to be alone. With approximately 50% of couples divorcing, there are plenty of people to run around with. If you want to feel needed, volunteer someplace.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Odd man out
Posted: 3/2/2018 2:29:09 AM
tending to agree with NY58.... "No one has to be alone. With approximately 50% of couples divorcing, there are plenty of people to run around with. If you want to feel needed, volunteer someplace."

I'm rather used to being the 'odd one'.... this was strongly evidenced in my family - when I was never invited to 'family' gatherings and was purposely left out of the loop.... lovely insult last year when I found my mother's true feelings in her diary... (being from out of town, I was staying at her place [at my brother's suggestion/invitation] when she was in hospital on her last days).... and then further embellished when everything was left to the youngest sister/daughter.... who was also named executor...

Due to not being able to fiscally and safely stay in the state of my heart, I moved back here [to my birth state] to catch up and chose to live near a long time 'friend' that I had known since my married days.... in 5 months of living around the corner, and my son and I visiting over there, he and his wife/family have not come the two blocks to visit us...... granted, he has had his final semester of University... but it still smacks of rejection...

So I'm doing what I did in the old state... working towards more volunteering (old folks homes, animal refuge centres, nature reserves etc) and setting up community clubs.... an old highschool chum that has been on my facebook page has asked me to coach her for an upcoming fun run... so we catch up most Saturday mornings for a 'fast' walk in Parkrun... (has that made it to the USA yet??? Rhetorical question folks, I could Google that) Meetup has a strong participation here (compared to my cooler state) and there are always activities on... (holiday weekend here and we're inundated with events)

I'm trying to teach my Master 13 about the 'level playing field' for friendship and reciprocation....
I have no problems 'meeting' people.... it's finding the time to invest in them and receive it from them.... a central 'volunteer' location helps that....
 purplerider1200
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Odd man out
Posted: 3/13/2018 4:03:22 PM
I got tossed a good one a couple nights ago.

Got a phone call from some woman searching for my ex. Seems that her step mother, whom she was very close to, was in the hospital. In searching for my ex, they called me, thinking that we were still connected. Since I hadn't spoken to my ex in five years, I wasn't much help. This woman asked me if I even knew her last name now, since she got re-married. Nope, I didn't even know that one. So, I was no help to them at all.

I knew my ex in-laws are getting up in age. Her step mother, if I recall, is at least 90. So, if she up and died on my ex. then she missed out not spending her last moments with a favored person. The only person my ex hurt, was herself on that one.
 SingleInChurch
Msg: 55
Odd man out
Posted: 8/22/2018 3:14:28 PM
Yep. Can totally relate. And I find it offensive when friends can only get together when their significant other is out of town, working late, etc. I think I deserve more than a few crumbs of friendship, and why do they both always have to be home at the same time?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Odd man out