Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
     
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating sure has changed , shallow women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsSkeezix
Joined: 7/1/2017
Msg: 224
Dating sure has changed , shallow women Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
ohenryx wrote:


And let us not forget, over in another thread, where he stated that he is only bitter with us here in the forums, he is not that way IRL.

We should all thank him for coming around and delivering his daily dose of bitterness here in the forums. We would be lost without it, I’m sure.


And let's not forget this tidbit earlier in this thread where he stated: "I could bang ladies your age all the livelong day, if I wanted to."

In your dreams bucko~
 alpha__waves
Joined: 11/6/2017
Msg: 225
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/4/2018 2:51:57 PM

And let's not forget this tidbit earlier in this thread where he stated: "I could bang ladies your age all the livelong day, if I wanted to."

In your dreams bucko~


Why is it that I always get hit on when my buddy drags me up to the infamous cougar bar up his way, then? Hmmmm... I say no every time, because yeah, you're not in Bucko's dreams.
 norwegianguy456
Joined: 6/11/2015
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/4/2018 3:11:05 PM

Why is it that I always get hit on when my buddy drags me up to the infamous cougar bar up his way, then?

Wait -- mixing forum thread topics a bit -- but why complain about the dating scene, when you have cougars at your disposal?
 Ladyinred0407
Joined: 2/6/2016
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/4/2018 3:18:01 PM
LOL Jayzus NG, I don't think you were supposed to notice ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
 alpha__waves
Joined: 11/6/2017
Msg: 228
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/4/2018 3:27:23 PM

Wait -- mixing forum thread topics a bit -- but why complain about the dating scene, when you have cougars at your disposal?


I'm not interested. I'm looking for first (hopefully last) wife material. The only reason I get hit is because they mistakenly think I'm one of the younger guys that go there to sex up MILFs or whatever. I hate the place.
 DINNO76
Joined: 12/20/2017
Msg: 229
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/8/2018 5:41:33 PM
It is because 80% of the women only want 20% of the men. That leaves the other 80% of men fighting over the remaining 20% of women
 Inicia
Joined: 4/12/2015
Msg: 230
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/9/2018 8:33:45 AM
^^ditto
As far as cougars or creepers go-let your buddy go by himself- why waste your precious youth attending cougar bars?? Then complain that they hit on you?? What??? Sounds as though you need your ego fed, and actually fear to search for a woman you do find attractive and worthy of your attention-rejection syndrome??
I have often told young attractive men, who were interested, (regardless of how fun the idea of a roll)to pursue young vital women-so they could create a family and offspring with a loving equal partner.
 alpha__waves
Joined: 11/6/2017
Msg: 231
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/9/2018 9:32:28 AM

As far as cougars or creepers go-let your buddy go by himself- why waste your precious youth attending cougar bars?? Then complain that they hit on you?? What??? Sounds as though you need your ego fed, and actually fear to search for a woman you do find attractive and worthy of your attention-rejection syndrome??


It's called being a good friend. He likes the place, knows the owner and the head chef there. I'm not going to avoid hanging out with some of my friends because they're going somewhere that's not my type of venue. He likes flashy, upscale places. I can go to the hipster dive bars that I like on my own time. We don't even go up there much anymore since neither of us work in North Scottsdale at this point.

And my ego is just fine without it. I just camped out in the VIP area last time we were there. I don't enjoy getting hit on by aggressive, suburban women that I don't have anything in common with.
 from site to sight
Joined: 11/30/2007
Msg: 232
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/9/2018 1:40:48 PM

I have often told young attractive men, who were interested, (regardless of how fun the idea of a roll)to pursue young vital women-so they could create a family and offspring with a loving equal partner.


So, in other words, you're telling these men to go find fertile women to breed with. What are they: race horses or a rare breed of dog? What if a person is not interested in breeding, or breeding right at the moment? Can they still date?
 norwegianguy456
Joined: 6/11/2015
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/9/2018 2:52:39 PM

As far as cougars or creepers go-let your buddy go by himself- why waste your precious youth attending cougar bars??

He's 40. He's fitting in a cougar bar, as he's not one of the young-ins trying to hop on someone's cute mom. :) And something being a "cougar bar" -- is just "older crowd", where there are cute women (and men) from mid/later-30s to later 40s.

I'm not going to avoid hanging out with some of my friends because they're going somewhere that's not my type of venue.

I agree -- that's normal & good of course. And if there's cute women your age there flirting and such, my point is: To a normal person, that's Only a positive when they have a tough time finding a date. Even if their "aim" in the dating scene is an LTR with young gals. So if you have that at your disposal, it's good to get "batting practice" (no porking required) and an ease of tension that one has with the dating scene altogether. But maybe you've had that a lot already, and it lost it's side-appeal.

But if all this is true, then really your issue isn't about dating life in general -- it's about nabbing the young gals for LTR purpose, and the rest of the dating scene can go f-itself. :) Yeah, when you hit 40, it's not going to be as easy as when you were 30. No big changes in the bar scene or internet required.

So, in other words, you're telling these men to go find fertile women to breed with. What are they: race horses or a rare breed of dog?

Yeah, it's kind of silly. First, the dating/relationship/boy-girl scene isn't focused on breeding & making babies. That's what mom & dad want us to see it as (understandably). :)
 purplerider1200
Joined: 9/10/2011
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/10/2018 5:39:01 AM

It is because 80% of the women only want 20% of the men. That leaves the other 80% of men fighting over the remaining 20% of women

Interesting observation. And quite correct, by the way. I'm going to take that a step further.

I, by the way, don't want to fight with the men over so few women. If I did, and won, then I have put so much on the line, and tossed out so much of me, that I decided she wasn't worth it.

Now that 20% of women know this. Since that scale is tipped so badly, they become spoiled brats. They feel entitled, and take advantage of that situation. They start demanding, and getting everything they ask for. For the man that has that entitled princess in his life, I think the pressure he is under spills out onto others that deal with him. He becomes hard to work with. We around him have a choice. We can deal with him, or step out of his loop. For us that need him because our livelihoods depend on it. we put up with it.

I'll avoid that whole scenario. If it means that I miss that crazy parade, then my life becomes simpler, and less stressful.
 spot4username
Joined: 12/15/2015
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/10/2018 5:50:18 AM
^^^^^
Always a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.
 DINNO76
Joined: 12/20/2017
Msg: 236
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/10/2018 6:05:54 AM
Those 20% of females can be demanding because their are so many desperate men who will take anyone they can get. Those women know if it doesn't work out with one man she can go online and have 100s of guys lining up to date her.
 gtomustang
Joined: 6/16/2007
Msg: 237
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/10/2018 6:28:50 AM
if 80% of women are fighting over 20% of men (ie, hot men), those 80% are doing so b/c they think they are attractive enough to have a chance. The theoretical 20% left behind, would therefore be the women men aren't even going to give a chance, since those women don't even think they have one. So, the remaining 80% of men won't fight over the ladies who have "let it all go". Too bad, if more of the guys did, they might meet a golden personality, not be alone, and after their sex drive has left, be happy with their partner.
 ohenryx
Joined: 3/12/2010
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/10/2018 7:57:24 AM

gtomustang
So, the remaining 80% of men won't fight over the ladies who have "let it all go". Too bad, if more of the guys did, they might meet a golden personality, not be alone, and after their sex drive has left, be happy with their partner.

Gto, I understand what you’re saying, but realistically, what man is going to settle for that bottom 20% who have “let it all go”? We know from all of your previous posts over the years that you’re definitely not going to do that. And neither am I.

And DINNO76, your post in message 238 is completely illogical. You are talking about the top 20% of women being chased by the “so many desperate men who will take anyone they can get.” Try again, and next time compose your post before you have that fourth Jack and water.
 alpha__waves
Joined: 11/6/2017
Msg: 239
Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 1/11/2018 1:38:31 PM

That hits my point where I'm coming from, in a nutshell. If you were born 20 years prior, you'd fall into the same trap from 25 -> 40. If you don't go out that much, And you don't know where people go where it's more fitting/successful/posh/whatever for those in a different age range -- you can't blame society's changing as the focal point. This isn't some new concept, just because Narrowly specific places like coffee houses Are affected by more specific modern changes. There's plenty of college-esque coffee joints where people still Do mingle, but, yeah, it's not going to be the same when you're 24 vs 40 -- especially since it's less prevalent nowadays.


By "don't go out much", I mean 2-4 times a week. Not that I don’t get out at all, just not every night.

I don’t go to the same places I went in college. I go to the same TYPES of places (alt crowd bars, music venues, art walks, etc.). It's still predominantly the college age crowd though, maybe ~60%; with late 20s/~30-ish crowd being the next biggest block of people; then the balance being under 21s (at shows anyway) and 40 and up.



It doesn't have to be a 40-year-old-bar. And yes, Happy Hour tends to be better for those over 30, and especially over 40 VS night-life. I always called that the "day shift" vs "night shift". In many circles, the older folks go in after work on Friday for Happy Hour, and go home to their wife/husband/kids around 8-9, and then around 9-10, the younger crowd comes strolling in. But even with this -- ymmv.


I only happy hour during the week, usually with co-workers. My usual haunts suck before 9:00/10:00 PM, it's not worth being there any earlier... unless it's a show/music venue, then you're looking at 8:00/9:00. Coffee shops are a whole different thing. The "cool" indie ones usually have a good set on Sunday afternoons and early evenings, actually.



I agree -- my point is, it's not so much society changing. The BASICS are still there, always have been. If one goes dateless and it's damn-near impossible to get a # -- it's them, not society. And we do change for the better in stats (or worse, too) -- but so does our mindset/tastes/etc without even fully realizing it, at least to some extent. My point is: It's still the same game -- the game hasn't changed. Certain things have, but it's the basic ground rules.


No idea what you're saying here. ¯\(°_o)/¯ Basics, okay. Sure.



Take someone in college living in a college-city. They go to grad school, and they move 2-3 hours away for a job, etc @ 24-25 years old. Ok. Society In General didn't change from 1-2 years ago. But his Surroundings did. That doesn't mean Life Changes. In his college-area, even in These times, mingling was fine in a coffee house within a bike ride from campus.


Ummmm, I don't live 2-3 hours from campus. I live & work ~15 mins from it, and ~15 min from downtown.



Well, here's the thing. I know of a coffee house that's not on a college campus (but college kids Do hang there, and not far from an extended campus) -- where it IS OK to chat up with a gal at one. BUT, (not to harp on this coffee house thing), yeah -- utilizing general coffee houses as your resevoir to Pick Up gals, isn't ideal.


Yeah, you don't get what I was talking about. The SCENE used to be coffee houses out here. Not "dating scene" (which really isn't a scene per se). It was where the crowd of regulars into counterculture congregated. The scene. It was a Phoenix thing (I'm pretty sure... the Portland scene was more bar based). While there's a few places that attract a random smattering of the freaks & geeks crowd, it's more bars and RoRo in general these days, so that's where I tend to go.



And I'm sure you'd Still get torn apart in '99 by many for it (in forums, they'll tear you apart for anything questionable - lol).


Nah, it's not the first time I've heard it. Hardly. Spend ANY time chatting about meeting people for romantic intent, and flying up on randoms is pretty unanimously looked down upon. People are "on a night out with their friends" and not out to get hit on. This is the new normal, Ol' Norwegian. Hate to break it to ya. You either get less ugly than me and win at Tinder or you die alone with no offspring, ha ha. That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but the gist is there.



BTW: Go to various bars, and also for nostalgia-attachment sake, find a certain coffee house or Hookah lounge, if available, that is social after many visits to assess. :)


I don't have any sense of nostalgia, nor is any place I used to go open any more. Everything switched up when I lived Portland for 6+ years. It's all good. I like the change.



I'm not obsessed with it.


I dare you to shut up about it then, ha ha! Maybe switch it up and throw ten-thousand words about how I'll never find love or have any offspring because of my politics or something. Where's everyone's favorite, "You'll never find anyone because too short" omen? LOL.



And I'm not saying it's super limited, but when you're 40 vs 25, social connections less VS then as you don't go out much -- yeah, it's not working in your favor. There are people around 40 who hang out at places where most people are younger -- but bank on it not being an 18-and-up club. It's that you change your selections, you get out there, you adapt, like you would if you were born 20 years prior and you were 40 in 1998.


I have no idea what you're talking about. Adapt to what, exactly? I think I've done a pretty good job. I haven't had a marriage or kids or vampire of a career yet to distract me from what's what and where. I dunno. The things I tend to enjoy and the places I tend to go aren't all age segregated like you describe your experiences/area.



Yes, but the more attractive women are off the market. Not even by settling down, either. Go to a non-social-club -- but just a random place and gather gals 22-25. Now do the same for gals 35-38. Measure looks. Yeah, there'll be some lookers in both depts -- but the # of ones you find attractive? Difference. More in the latter having kids and tied up more, don't like going out as much, etc. Tougher.


Again. No idea what you're talking about. There are plenty of attractive women across all the age ranges. Come visit Arizona sometime. We ain't The Rust Belt.



And something being a "cougar bar" -- is just "older crowd", where there are cute women (and men) from mid/later-30s to later 40s.


I like how this guy knows EVERYTHING that's going on in my life/area, ha ha! How about we stop assuming stuff there, Dr. Phil? Fourty would be YOUNG in the crowd in this place... mid-forties at a minimum. I don't think of mid-30s as "cougar" at all, but then I don’t live in some Midwestern holler where women squirt out their first kid at 16, either. I'd say the average customer there falls into empty-nester territory.



I agree -- that's normal & good of course. And if there's cute women your age there flirting and such, my point is: To a normal person, that's Only a positive when they have a tough time finding a date. Even if their "aim" in the dating scene is an LTR with young gals. So if you have that at your disposal, it's good to get "batting practice" (no porking required) and an ease of tension that one has with the dating scene altogether. But maybe you've had that a lot already, and it lost it's side-appeal.


Dude, I'm 40. I don't need practice talking to people... Also, it has no appeal, BS'ing with women that I've got no interest in... Also, it's a d1ck move flirting people up that you really have no intention engaging romantically... Also, I'm not usually intersted in what middle-aged townies up there have to talk about anyway. It's generally passionless, uncreative shit, or b1tching about new-ish things. If some aging people stay interesting, this joint ain't where they're spending their weekends.



But if all this is true, then really your issue isn't about dating life in general -- it's about nabbing the young gals for LTR purpose, and the rest of the dating scene can go f-itself. :)


Godspeed to the rest of the dating scene. I've got nothing against people seeking a partner for their respective happiness. That said, I'm not in a place in life where messing around with other potential outcomes is worth my time. I'm a late starter here as it is. I probably wouldn't mind an FWB as a stopgap measure while I look for the proverbial one, but I'm not wasting my time chasing that around. I had it on my profile for a hot second, but no women seemed interested in it anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating sure has changed , shallow women