Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > A fatal flaw in the Theory of Evolution      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 butheremails
Msg: 26
A fatal flaw in the Theory of EvolutionPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

I still believe that the division between life and solid mater is the problem with evolution.

Which is like saying that the division between numbers and letters are the problem with calculus.

It goes to highlight the fact that you do not fully understand the topic.

I don’t see God and Evolution as combatants—
the time scale is a little screwed up.

Saying the time scale is a bit screwed up is like saying Plato is kinda dead.

So if you do not see them as combatants then you think that some thing which built everything we can see and observe make some mistakes in it's account for how all things got start, but other than that totally got it right.

It is almost like you went to the christian cafeteria and just started cherry picking the stuff you liked and pushing aside the stuff you don't.
 toocash
Msg: 27
A fatal flaw in the Theory of Evolution
Posted: 11/6/2017 1:53:06 PM
Hey Frank, aka LolTrump...you have a New alias.... can you not try to be diplomatic with your new alias instead of always playing a****
 butheremails
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/6/2017 2:35:52 PM
Hey you who ever you are, how about you try to stick with the topic and actually debate people.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2017 4:23:23 PM
OP how did God come into existence? Explain and we will talk about fatal flaws.
 toocash
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/9/2017 12:20:34 PM
^^^ Wow, how clever, asking a question you know cannot be answered. You must have been on your college debate team.

So the Universe could come from nothing, but not God?
 butheremails
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/9/2017 1:08:50 PM

So the Universe could come from nothing, but not God?

When you understand that the universe is a real and measurable thing and that this thing you call god is just made up you will well on your way to understanding.
 toocash
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/9/2017 2:07:47 PM
^^^^^ can you prove that? maybe you are simply a virtual entity living in a virtual universe...... we would all be better off if so. :-)
 butheremails
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/9/2017 3:48:39 PM

^^^^^ can you prove that?

When asking a questions to a statement that has more than one points it would be wise to indicate which point you are referring to.

Now that said, I can prove both.

1. The Universe is real and measurable.

It took centuries, but we now know the size of the Universe

The sheer scale of the cosmos is hard to imagine, and even harder to put an accurate figure on. But thanks to some ingenious physics we now have a good idea of just how big it is

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160610-it-took-centuries-but-we-now-know-the-size-of-the-universe

2. gods are all made up.

The complete lack of evidence of any existence, as there is equal evidence of the existence of a giant pink bunny that burps gold coins as there is for any thing that people refer to as god/s.

The understanding that all religious texts are the product of mankind.

No can you refute any of that, or can I just assume you will deflect?
 toocash
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/9/2017 4:03:50 PM
I refute it simply as I have before. But for God, neither you, nor I, not the Universe would be here. The Universe was designed for us, our existence. I'm sorry for you you don't see that. So sad. How silly to think this just all happened to happen .
 butheremails
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/9/2017 4:28:58 PM

I refute it simply as I have before. But for God, neither you, nor I, not the Universe would be here. The Universe was designed for us, our existence. I'm sorry for you you don't see that. So sad. How silly to think this just all happened to happen .

I refute it simply as I have before. But for Giant Pink Bunny, neither you, nor I, not the Universe would be here. The Universe was designed for us, our existence. I'm sorry for you you don't see that. So sad. How silly to think this just all happened to happen .

Now if you think the above look silly, then you now understand how you look when you make claims about imaginary things.

Either way, as predicted, I see you have gone with the deflection and failure to provide a single shred of evidence.

It's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off for you.
 toocash
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/9/2017 5:03:43 PM
Nope...you are the one who has failed to produce any evidence of why we are here. By excluding your irrational hypothesis the answer is simple . . . The only rational answer left is we were designed to be here.
 butheremails
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/9/2017 5:38:00 PM

Nope...you are the one who has failed to produce any evidence of why we are here.

You seem to fail to understand I am under no obligation to do so as evolution is not about the why but the how.

The fact that we do not know why, and if there is even a why is immaterial to the discussion and does not prove anything.

By excluding your irrational hypothesis the answer is simple . . . The only rational answer left is we were designed to be here.

If you had a basic grasp on biology you would understand why this is not possible.

Science has been able to walk back our existence to a single cell, this is irrefutable.
 toocash
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/9/2017 6:08:11 PM
We are talking about the universe and you try to limit the discussion to the biology of men. Even man is a creature of design but if not you still cannot account for the creation of the universe any more than I can account for the creation of God. We have the same quandary. Was the universe always in existence was God always in existence was the universe born was God born? You see how silly your arguments? You argue against yourself.

Your logic makes no sense. In fact if the latest science is to be believed, matter and antimatter should have destroyed itself and prevented the creation of our universe. And yet here we are. You can't answer the why and so you are as much whistling in the dark as anybody who argues for the creation of God. And since you don't even know what the universe is you don't even know whether the universe and God are one and the same. After all there are some argument that the universe itself is conscious. Perhaps it is the seat of all Universal consciousness. Do you have a better explanation?.
 toocash
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/9/2017 6:15:07 PM
Let me go further. For you to believe that consciousness just developed out of some sort of necessity of biological processes, you have to believe the virtually impossible happened. And if you can believe the virtually impossible it sure is not a great leap to believe the concept of design and intent by a greater power.
 butheremails
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/9/2017 7:20:51 PM

We are talking about the universe and you try to limit the discussion to the biology of men.

See thread title.

Even man is a creature of design but if not you still cannot account for the creation of the universe any more than I can account for the creation of God.

First off, we have already gone over this, people are not designed, as this has been proven. So to claim otherwise you will need some proof.

Aside from that you statement is a logical fallacy.

False cause

You presumed that a real or perceived relationship between things means that one is the cause of the other.

Your logic makes no sense. In fact if the latest science is to be believed, matter and antimatter should have destroyed itself and prevented the creation of our universe.

This claim is found in what scientific journal?

You can't answer the why and so you are as much whistling in the dark as anybody who argues for the creation of God.

That is like saying, see those two people, one of them thinks there is an invisible man in the sky and the other one can not prove why we are here so he is the same as the crazy guy with the invisible friend.

And since you don't even know what the universe is you don't even know whether the universe and God are one and the same.

It is also possible that a giant pink rabbit is running the show as there is exactly the same amount of evidence.

After all there are some argument that the universe itself is conscious.

Yes to this day no one can prove it and although you would never be able to understand on this level there may be others that can, your claim is the perfect seaway into one of the most knowledge people on the subject.

Perhaps it is the seat of all Universal consciousness. Do you have a better explanation?.

Nope and niether do you, so all that can be concluded that we are as certain that we are not here because of a giant pink rabbit any more than we are here because of some thing you refer to as god.

Let me go further.

This should be good.

For you to believe that consciousness just developed out of some sort of necessity of biological processes, you have to believe the virtually impossible happened.

See the thing is, it was not virtually impossible.

All that had to happen was the raw elements had to be in place and the right conditions have occurred.

We know that all these things happened so the chances of life where actually very high.

And if you can believe the virtually impossible it sure is not a great leap to believe the concept of design and intent by a greater power.

See above as to why your claim feel apart.

You can not claim that it was virtually impossible when it was possible and we have the evidence to prove that, because guess what, it actually happened.

No please try and bring some actual evidence or I will just ignore your derp.
 toocash
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/9/2017 7:33:20 PM
You are going in circles...neither of us have any concrete evidence. Lack of evidence does not equal lack of truth, it merely equals lack of proof. And yet the universe, atleast as we perceive it, is a reality. Why? Either it is a cause of something or it always existed. The same concept applies to God. Why you cannot accept a superior being is responsible for the universe and its mathematical underpinnings simply makes no sense. It just appeared out of nothing? No way no day. We can only speculate about God but we also can only speculate about the universe. Your reality is not the reality of the universe. You have the typical ego-central way of seeing things.
 butheremails
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/9/2017 8:32:35 PM

You are going in circles...neither of us have any concrete evidence. Lack of evidence does not equal lack of truth, it merely equals lack of proof.

No, I have science that proves we evolved from a single cell and also that the conditions to create that cell where present at the time.

You have nothing.

And yet the universe, atleast as we perceive it, is a reality. Why?

Non sequitur

Either it is a cause of something or it always existed.

Logical fallacy

black-or-white

You presented two alternative states as the only possibilities, when in fact more possibilities exist.

The same concept applies to God. Why you cannot accept a superior being is responsible for the universe and its mathematical underpinnings simply makes no sense.

It just appeared out of nothing?

Just because you do not understand why there is a tree in the forest does not mean that some invisible thing put it there. Especially when a road map is already laid out that shows down to the cell how it all started.

To disregard this is willful ignorance.

No way no day. We can only speculate about God but we also can only speculate about the universe. Your reality is not the reality of the universe. You have the typical ego-central way of seeing things.

I am not speculating about anything, that is where your disingenuous claim falls apart.

It is a real shame you are so afraid of teh truth you are not capable to see the lies and even worse that you can not even debate it.

Either way best of luck with that giant pink rabbit or what ever it is you believe in.
 toocash
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/10/2017 9:21:23 AM

No, I have science that proves we evolved from a single cell and also that the conditions to create that cell where present at the time.

You have nothing

Science has proven only that the Theory of Evolution is accurate to an extent. There is no PROOF man evolved from a single cell although that is the scientific assumption, nor is it clear where that "single cell" came from. But this all begets the point....where the hell did the Universe come from? I.E....you too have NOTHING

Either it is a cause of something or it always existed. Logical fallacy black-or-white
You presented two alternative states as the only possibilities, when in fact more possibilities exist.

Really... name one other reasonable alternative... or even an unreasonable one.

Just because you do not understand why there is a tree in the forest does not mean that some invisible thing put it there. Especially when a road map is already laid out that shows down to the cell how it all started.

To disregard this is willful ignorance

Non-Sequitur.... what the heck does a tree growing in a forest have to do with the creation of the Universe? Now if you find a tree growing on the Moon....let me know.....

I am not speculating about anything, that is where your disingenuous claim falls apart.

The old you are simply right argument, despite the fact you can prove NOTHING and everything you say is rank SPECULATION. really amusing.

It is a real shame you are so afraid of the truth you are not capable to see the lies and even worse that you can not even debate it.

Lies? What Lies? Lies have to do with a misrepresentation of facts... what facts can you state have been misrepresented that I am relying on?
 butheremails
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/10/2017 10:16:05 AM

Science has proven only that the Theory of Evolution is accurate to an extent. There is no PROOF man evolved from a single cell although that is the scientific assumption, nor is it clear where that "single cell" came from. But this all begets the point....where the hell did the Universe come from? I.E....you too have NOTHING[/qute]

Nope, sorry it all has been proven and it is clear you lack the ability to understand.

I do really feel sorry that you think there are invisible people, but it is clear you lack the basic education to have a meaningful discussion.

So best of luck with that.
 toocash
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/10/2017 10:24:33 AM

Nope, sorry it all has been proven and it is clear you lack the ability to understand.

I do really feel sorry that you think there are invisible people, but it is clear you lack the basic education to have a meaningful discussion.

So best of luck with that.

So sad...yet amusing at the same time :-)

Shallow thinkers thinking they know it all.... just like my goldfish.

Peace.
 butheremails
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/10/2017 10:32:33 AM

Shallow thinkers thinking they know it all.... just like my goldfish.

Well that explains a bunch, as it appears you think your goldfish can communicate with you and is telling you that it knows everything.

I would advise you double up the tin foil and only face south.
 toocash
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/10/2017 11:05:00 AM
Exact opposite. My goldfish thinks it knows a lot more than it does.....remind you of anybody???
 ForumLurker
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/11/2017 3:06:28 AM
Good God.
Toocash/poppata/tablata/Mr J Cash/etc. etc. etc. etc…. and Frank/Aristotle Amadopolis/HFX RGB/LolTrump/butheremails/etc. etc…..

Whoever you two are it took what, five minutes after Frank’s return for you all to go right back at it?

I will say though, it is entertaining (for a while at least) watching two super-trolls trying to out troll each other. Who will win?!?!!?
Dun, dun, duuuunn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g
 2plunk
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2017 10:24:02 AM

Which is like saying that the division between numbers and letters are the problem with calculus.
It goes to highlight the fact that you do not fully understand the topic.

--Don’t squabble –just imo..

I would truly appreciate you explaining the evolutionary point at which -- static jumps to life —
If you can’t pin point that moment of conception—please tell me when evolution begins ?

I’ve got a pretty good understanding the evolutionary basics—down to codons / proteins / gene—peptide ?
And somewhere around ‘there’ we assume a transition from static to life.
The question of division from static to life is --- where, and when ?

Do we know the point of conception ?

So, imo. –sm.

The problem with evolution is—Humans view it at, that-- ‘elusive’ point of conception.
When--It’s an ‘evolution of matter’ rather than the centric human view of --organic / protein / cells--

And that elusive point of conception happens at all levels –from humans down to Heggs Bossom / infinity and beyond.. – fractal !! sm.

And the redundancy of the 3 pattern seems to be a route to the root –

The basics of communication / evolution 101 — 1+ 1=3
 butheremails
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/11/2017 11:59:29 AM

I would truly appreciate you explaining the evolutionary point at which -- static jumps to life —
If you can’t pin point that moment of conception—please tell me when evolution begins ?

No as there was no moment of conception, but there was a moment when the amino acids and all the conditions where in place for it to happen.

I’ve got a pretty good understanding the evolutionary basics—down to codons / proteins / gene—peptide ?

Is that a question?

The question of division from static to life is --- where, and when ?

There was no division, just the right conditions in place for it to happen.

Do we know the point of conception ?

Yes for the most part.

The problem with evolution is—Humans view it at, that-- ‘elusive’ point of conception.

Nope, evolution is the process of evolving not the beginning.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > A fatal flaw in the Theory of Evolution