Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > A Sturdy Den      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 19
abject objectionPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
unlimited mattresses and card board boxes would not have saved one life in twin towers, and where to store these aids, production of mattresses i do not know how cost effective that would be.-This is your scientific resolution? You feel this proposal is meritorious?
Again, who do you wish to prosecute for your belief of inactivity? The Authorities/experts are marvelously active- implementing and revealing new resolutions daily- be it in safety, science health care, weaponry- information etc. People whether authorities/experts/average proponents of society, again marvelously active in personal growth and societal change. Maybe in your location people are inactive- as i see activity all over world- maybe you are in north korea the only place not transmitting info all over the globe.???

Climate change is not fake..and none of the proponents you mentioned are concepts to support status quo inactivity. Even in climate change theory the desire and goal is indeed to prevent a continued trajectory on our current path, original work on climate change in the 70's said indeed we had the knowledge to change it and stop advancement- it is those who refuse to understand the crucial immediacy to embrace and effect resolutions who do indeed prevent change. Mattresses in response to devastating weather patterns, yes just tuck in and go to bed. lol And inflatable suits for civilians?affordable?- we refuse to suit our soldiers with protective gear as it is too expensive??

pseudo science: the belief that humans are capable of prophesying, all possible damage, or reward, and controlling all outcomes (that is my definition)

a few lives lost to natural disaster, is nothing, compared to lives lost in history, as a result: of war and genocide, refusal to share/distribute food and medicine to truly impoverished nations, for political, religious, and monetary gains.
 DDSearle
Msg: 20
abject objection
Posted: 9/11/2017 12:21:33 PM
Bear in-mind that such boxes would be an emergency or stopgap measure. In this scheme, there'd follow those that are impregnated with a flame-retardant; then there'd be the rapid application of an expanding foam that would set as a fireproof sponge within seconds &c etc. But to be told by 'scientists', who may have less originality in their soul that some of us would have in mere fingertips, that such visions are laughably impracticable, is the opposite of the encouragement that ought to be forthcoming if we are to better our situation
 Inicia
Msg: 21
abject objection
Posted: 9/11/2017 12:52:15 PM
I have not said ridiculous just impractical. as i said we refuse to supply military with protective gear, whom are in positions of defending nations- so they are expendable lives and other lives are not??? yes many people's inventive ideas are shot down, as impractical, unimplementable, and exceeding cost analysis. is our current system corrupt? yes. are we required to work within current system? yes` if we want to actually contribute, even when troubles or successes are projected properly by contributions- ideas are implemented or not, at will of said hierarchic command. it is fine to suppose but as i have stated it is purely for entertainment in these forums. sometimes, accepting that you provide a chuckle or seeing a chuckle, is being part of a humble human component.. Encouragement is not always a good thing- you know telling your child "any one can be president- go for it" this is encouragement but a lie! should people encourage that concept. should we encourage ideas that really have no real hope contained- and little personal observations on a public forum, i do not believe that you currently have a lab wherein you produce said concepts and ideas. Do you?? my apologies for being so insensitive to your goals? pleas get these safety items made and patent as quickly as possible!
 Darwin1971
Msg: 22
view profile
History
A Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/11/2017 1:14:07 PM
OP surely your are just poking to get a response?

Of course we can build a home that can withstand nature. The people in the keys that live in mobile homes are crazy!! But guess what money talks they didn't want to spend 500 k for a concrete box/boat to be dropped off and anchored in a mobile home lot.

And JFYI building codes are supposed to save lives right? WELL kinda the real reason is to protect insurance and bankers risks so you can get a loan to build a home. There are loopholes for trailers because its big money. Most Trailers do not meet most building codes of your average traditional home built 10 years ago.

No it is not economically feasible to build a home that can withstand a cat 5 hurricane and all the things related to such an event for everyone in risk for that risk. Like should you be allowed to build a log cabin in the middle of a forest or park a mobile home on a beach or my favorite building next 2 and on a mountain that has landslides? FREEDOM is the right to do these things. Expecting others to bail you out every time an act of nature takes that freedom from you that should be the discussion.

BUT that't not politically correct really is it?
 Inicia
Msg: 23
My mobile home
Posted: 9/11/2017 1:59:04 PM
the bank communities expect bailouts when economic cycles fail to protect their predatory loans? their freedom to make money at whatever risk secure, as well as many other big business bailouts.

And i think it is very appropriate to discuss "buyer or consumer" beware.. that is perfectly legit and politically neutral. And indeed needs to be applied to all corporations, franchises as well as individuals, and governments. etc. each has an accountability and responsibility inherent in freedom's contained risks- related to attaining a sustainable livelihood. as i said no victims- we generally support the ideology "freedom"
Often mobile homes and mobile parks are erected, in said undesirable areas, as people with financial means will not develop those areas, so the concept " i have some swamp land/ diamond/gold mines to sell" comes to mind. lol. Additionally, mobiles are not insured as cost effective, respectively to stick built homes- due to their intrinsically unsafe, vulnerable structure and owners are required to pay higher premiums in respect of structural cost, for less "insurance sic". if one wants replacement value instead of the consistently depreciating value guess what.. cash cow coming. lol
Yeah i grabbed that tiger by the tail- so far satisfied.
 DDSearle
Msg: 24
My mobile home
Posted: 9/12/2017 2:04:07 AM
Dangerous winds are the scariest part of a hurricane but the rain and flooding probably do the most damage. And having seen the mess that's just been wrought in parts of Florida &c, I wish that the authorities would insist that a dwelling that's erected anywhere near a flood-plain be built on stilts
 Inicia
Msg: 25
abject objection
Posted: 9/12/2017 10:05:19 AM
Andyaa- you got real congrats!! like it. Sometimes visceral responses are indeed necessary..i like those that tend towards vitriol..wit- in honor of my mother lol the queen of sarcasm..
 DDSearle
Msg: 26
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/12/2017 1:09:36 PM
Why shouldn't each tall building be surrounded by a moat that could be used in an emergency? But the water or whatever would have to be kept clean. Caretakers could ensure that it doesn't get to be a urinal or dump. And if the filling were warm filtered sea water it would provide some comfort and extra bouyancy. Exercises could periodically be held for showing the occupants or users how to dive or jump into it safely. Society has its responsibilities
 gingerosity
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/12/2017 6:25:27 PM

Why shouldn't each tall building be surrounded by a moat that could be used in an emergency?

No good structurally, economically or for purpose. Hit water from high enough and it is like hitting cement. Flying fox would be better in every way.
 DDSearle
Msg: 28
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/13/2017 1:59:20 AM
Okay, OK
I may return to the drawing board on this
But I'm sure that there's an affordable and practicable solution out there
And I've got the impression that none of the experts has the inclination or vision to do enough
 Darwin1971
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/13/2017 6:22:42 PM

I may return to the drawing board on this
But I'm sure that there's an affordable and practicable solution out there
And I've got the impression that none of the experts has the inclination or vision to do enough

Umm guess what all this has been solved but no one want to partake!! sadly :(

It is called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.. Look out for #1 and help #2 when you can. Don't be lazy and let others decide if you live or die!! SIMPLE solution IMO
 DDSearle
Msg: 30
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/14/2017 3:30:55 AM
While those that may be able to save vulnerable homes can opt to take refuge in less-than-productive discussion of matters as unproven as climate change, those that have no option other than to take refuge in them are exposed to the dangers of worsening patterns of weather. Whether in hurricane states, on flood plains, or in tornado alleys, residents could be better protected. And to encourage that, there could be something like a periodic competition to find, say, how much a home could be strengthened by spending no more than a couple of thousand local currency-units on it. And I'm convinced that the outcome would result in immediate universal improvements. Somewhere, there is real science
 DDSearle
Msg: 31
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/14/2017 4:07:03 AM
There is vision out there too. About 1960, when, in the U K, there was a rash of discussion on whether to get an EnglishChannel-crossing, I recall widespread debate on whether it should be a bridge or tunnel. And one company, which I believe is Trafalgar House, came out with serious plans for building a road bridge with railway below that would be affordable, protected from the elements (even in a hurricane) by a transparent cover and robust enough to survive a terrorist bomb: and which could have been the first of several such projects. I was fan of it, for its construction would have stimulated all sorts of beneficial activity; but the authorities went, after much delay, for the poor-man's option
 Inicia
Msg: 32
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/14/2017 8:20:37 AM
^^ so those with vulnerable homes and of lower economic status, are providing what you believe to be nonconstructive and false or fake inputs -to your "truly factual claim" of understanding "real" scientific/philosophy concern
what is your specific claim to knowledge of climate change, and agenda in discounting and devaluing climate change? the idea that it stems purely from human contributions is not a view i support- however; does and has technology (available as early as 1970)and science found ways to stave it off and help -We have been romancing green fuel and green sustenance for a very long time- and many support its implementation- are all delusional?

As green would be cost ineffectual- and inconvenient to institute for current Big Business powers and politicians - and open up change, in status quo technologies, to actually protect environment and all human life, or life in general,-possibly change the holding of power and wealth positions globally-and affect world ideologies/philosophies of power and wealth- dominance value- i see where propaganda has its place- propaganda disseminated by either faction could be desirable to support hidden agendas.

Yet technology is an advancement- refusing to create economic accessibility for those interested- which would require supplying product for a period of time at cost of producers: Tends to be outside of capitalistic, capitol, material/land gains for world power holders. Yes as individuals, i am sure- we all would appreciate structural and design advancements in our dens.

Many https://borgenproject.org/15-world-hunger-statistics/ have found they are capable of limited existence in failed domiciles: some have only the den of personal, physical countenance as they die from dehydration, starvation and disease. So I am sorry if i do not find the merit in acquiring sturdy den's with moats,walls, weaponry, protections of the moderately wealthy- a feudalistic philosophy- i do not wish to revisit- i have a sincere belief and desire to move beyond the feudalistic mentality of wealth/property dominance- move into and resurrecting enlightenment and wisdom-
 DDSearle
Msg: 33
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/14/2017 9:10:40 AM
Dear me
You oughtn't presume (in conceitedness?) that those of us that spurn mumbo-jumbo 'science' are less than 'green'
Why, I'm for solar panels, electric bikes, electric planes, electric ships and even cars that run on nothing but water
And I'm good at gardening
 Inicia
Msg: 34
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/15/2017 11:20:47 AM

While those that may be able to save vulnerable homes can opt to take refuge in less-than-productive discussion of matters as unproven as climate change,
Conceitedness -no green is a direct response to climate change- that you are green/or not was not any assumption of mine- never said anything of your contributions to green??? I said that it was a social push to address climate change.
spurn mumbo-jumbo 'science'
i see conceit and not mine.
 DDSearle
Msg: 35
Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/15/2017 3:06:59 PM
Hasn't it got quiet
I listen from my eyrie in the marches
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > A Sturdy Den