Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HikernBiker74
Msg: 276
Post your unpopular opinions here. Page 12 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
I'm a big Horror movie fan. However, I feel "The Exorcist" is the most overrated horror movie of all time. It didn't even scare me as a child.

Poltergeist, The Thing, Nightmare on Elm street, and Hellraiser are the movies I grew up with.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 277
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 11/25/2017 5:30:29 AM

]As far as metal bands, if I'm going to be a stickler and discuss purity and unpolished production, NONE top this:

Yes, they are one of the rare exceptions who wouldn't have ever benefitted from upping the production values dramatically, although, they did improve *very* slightly later in their career.

I'm a big Horror movie fan.

Funny enough, my cousin visiting from out of town asked me for some movie recommendations the other day. I told him to try the "I Spit On Your Grave" trilogy.

Boy, did he get more than he ever bargained for.
 cooldog65
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 9:12:50 AM
I actually watched the Miss Universe contest last night. I was disappointed that Jamaica or Colombia didn't win. I was also disappointed that Croatia, Ghana, Brazil, and USA were eliminated before the final 5.

The new rule of splitting the contestants into 3 groups gave the top 16 a more diverse flavor.

Ashley Graham has an annoying voice. She had a bit of that "vocal fry" going on.
 daynadaze
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 10:10:58 AM
I hate AARP, I signed up, once, years ago thinking it was something helpful. Ugh. It's nothing but spam, every week spam email and even worse snail mail spam. They put your name and address all over their mail, on plastic cards in your mail, etc. they are like roaches, they are the most likely mail that will get your identity stolen, and they are the heaviest bunch of spam that I have to shred. I have signed up to opt out of their trash, but you know that can get you more spam, I hope it works and 12 weeks from now they are gone. As for their "benefits" there is nothing there that I would ever use.
 gtomustang
Msg: 280
Posted: 11/27/2017 11:15:11 AM
In a few more years, I guess i'll be old enough for AARP. They are big on lobbying Congress, and there's a conservative alternative out there (that sends me mail) for those here who want that. Sounds like AARP is more interested in its agenda and power in DC. As for benefits, I guess i'd try AAA first.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 281
Posted: 11/27/2017 4:17:30 PM

Ashley Graham has an annoying voice. She had a bit of that "vocal fry" going on.

Vocal fry is the register below chest voice and triggering it is a legit singing technique. Britney Spears abused the shit out of it and very annoyingly. But it's unbearable to hear it in someone speaking, and yes, it's almost always women.

Isn't Ashley Graham the "plus-size" model who was put on the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue to show that "women of all sizes are beautiful"?

I wonder where the male equivalent of this is.
 junipermoon
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 4:30:23 PM
i maintain that christmas sucks. nothing can change my mind on this one.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 283
Posted: 11/27/2017 4:42:43 PM
Step underneath my mistletoe, and I will change that.

junipermoon
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 3:15:38 PM
mistletoe is another custom stolen from celtic tradition. yule rules.
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 285
Posted: 11/28/2017 3:28:26 PM
I'm in like with PollyR107
 Walts
Msg: 286
Posted: 11/28/2017 4:49:30 PM

mistletoe is another custom stolen from celtic tradition.

People don't actually steal "traditions" from OTHER cultures do they??????

Who woulda thunked???????
 backcreek7
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 5:59:35 PM
my un-popular opinion ?

Thanksgiving should be moved forward ~ to Christmas Day
( of course ! there will be a " paid by employer " two week holiday off work < mandatory )

this would kill - two birds, with one stone ...
( ^ speaking of two turkey dinners only ~ not Jesus )
" I don't care what they may say, I don't care what they may do"
Jesus is just " allright" with me !
....... ^ Doobie Brothers ^

" mistletoe stolen from celtic tradition "

^^^^^ good for us ~ it was just sittin' over everybody ...
doin' nuthin' anyway ! col ( chuckle out loud )
 junipermoon
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 6:47:34 PM

Thanksgiving should be moved forward ~ to Christmas Day
( of course ! there will be a " paid by employer " two week holiday off work < mandatory )
this would kill - two birds, with one stone ...

( ^ speaking of two turkey dinners only ~ not Jesus )
" I don't care what they may say, I don't care what they may do"
Jesus is just " allright" with me !
....... ^ Doobie Brothers ^

" mistletoe stolen from celtic tradition "

^^^^^ good for us ~ it was just sittin' over everybody ...
doin' nuthin' anyway ! col ( chuckle out loud )

'one thing i'll say for him:
jesus is cool.'

and any excuse for gravy works for me.

mistletoe is a parasitic vine. the white berries symbolized the life essence of the old vegetation gods, while the green of the ivy and the red of the hollyberry symbolized growth and fertility. to kiss under mistletoe has always had overwhelmingly sexual connotation.
 backcreek7
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 6:58:03 PM
can we sneak, the overwhelming sexual connotations ~ back under the mistletoe, for now ? col
the statement below, is simply fascinating ~

" any excuse for gravy works for me "

^^^^^ ahhhh, wisely said ~ my lil' platipie !

heart / sun
 Kj521
Msg: 290
Posted: 11/28/2017 7:12:05 PM
New Year's Eve is my least favorite holiday.
 backcreek7
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 7:22:40 PM
^ might you tell us why KJ ? surely, there can be several different answers to that ~
^ if it's personal & you don't want to discuss it, I understand

I look at it as ~ something un- expected & good , might be coming ahead ...
we pretty much know, sad things will happen & we try to remain steadfast ~ such is life ..

BTW ~ hugs
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 292
Posted: 11/28/2017 7:23:00 PM
The holidays in general can go suck a fat one. (except Halloween)

HikernBiker74
Msg: 293
Posted: 11/29/2017 12:31:26 AM
Turkey is a food I can never get enough of. I'm pretty sure I can eat it every day of the week. That, and Spaghetti.

Other than Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are just any old day to me. I'm already counting the days until Spring. I'm gonna miss riding.
 Kj521
Msg: 294
Posted: 11/29/2017 4:52:17 AM
"might you tell us why KJ ? surely, there can be several different answers to that ~ "

I don't like endings. And even the hope filled, glittery promise of a new beginning doesn't completely diminish the end of a time.

The singing of Auld Lang Syne....doesn't help matters, either! An incredibly sad song, imo. Sure....one could say it is about reunion....but the child in me would prefer the friends never separated to begin with!

Thank you for the hugs, sir. But...no worries...as the "inner child" of my soul is quite satiated with leftovers of sugar plum visions dancing about my head from my favorite holiday....CHRISTMAS!!! :D

Hugs back to you! :)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 295
Posted: 11/29/2017 5:01:52 AM
You don't like endings? Hmm.

So, this could all be solved by eliminating the concept of keeping track of years.
 gtomustang
Msg: 296
Posted: 11/29/2017 5:27:23 AM
"I maintain that Christmas sucks"

>>>I had to stop celebrating it when I began taking care of my parents. It was rude to buy presents when I took away my father's license and my mom with dementia would steal shiny things and hide them like a squirrel :) Haven't gone back to celebrate it, so I can say one can "Drop out" of a holiday. However, I do like the light displays. My neighbors do some nice stuff, and back when I lived in a city, it was nice coming home over the bridge and looking down on the city streets wreathed in lights.

instead of tracking the end of years, we could track the passing of seasons.

vvv Pig, you're a genius...you figured out why all these women post the wrong age on their profiles. its not their fault, they just aren't bound to counting years like the lemmings :) lol
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 297
Posted: 11/29/2017 5:35:28 AM
I stopped keeping track of years years ago. I couldn't tell you how old I am right now.

blackbeauty744
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2017 6:25:43 AM
POF is better used as a source of entertainment than attempting to find a partner.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2017 7:53:12 AM
Kj
"The singing of Auld Lang Syne....doesn't help matters, either! An incredibly sad song, imo. Sure....one could say it is about reunion....but the child in me would prefer the friends never separated to begin with!"

Nae need tae fret hen. Tis a lovely tune. Take a cup of kindness as remember the days gone by. Remember family and friends from the present to the past to those gone. Its a good song because it shows the singer has not forgotten those memories.

And remember yous crazy shermans and canucks when you raise your nip of whisky (DO NOT PUT ANYTHING BUT A TOUCH OF WATER INTO THE WHISKY IF YOU MUST) and toast the old year past and the new one arriving it is pronounced auld lang syne as in sign. Not zine. That just silly.......

"The song's Scots title may be translated into standard English as "old long since", or more idiomatically, "long long ago",[5] "days gone by" or "old times". Consequently, "For auld lang syne", as it appears in the first line of the chorus, might be loosely translated as "for (the sake of) old times".

The song begins by posing a rhetorical question: Is it right that old times be forgotten? The answer is generally interpreted as a call to remember long-standing friendships.[11] Thomson's Select Songs of Scotland was published in 1799 in which the second verse about greeting and toasting was moved to its present position at the end.[11]

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne*?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely ye'll be your pint-stoup!
and surely I'll be mine!
And we'll tak' a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We twa hae run about the braes,
and pou'd the gowans fine;
But we've wander'd mony a weary fit,
sin' auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We twa hae paidl'd in the burn,
frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
sin' auld lang syne.

CHORUS
And there's a hand, my trusty fiere!
and gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak' a right gude-willie waught,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2017 5:25:04 PM
Pig wrote:

I can't stand the "And Justice for All" album. I'm a production whore through and through, and thanks to Lars, the production is horrible. However, bad production aside, I didn't particularly care for the songwriting, either. Typical metal fans HATE polished production values, so naturally, they hated the black album. Once I heard Bob Rock was going to be producing, I knew it would be a huge leap from "And Justice For All".
I think Justice is their best....but the caveat is I was a bit older than the average thrash fan when thrash came out in the early 80s...and initially thought thrash sucked. Justice was a departure from thrash a bit, kinda prog metal, which fit more with my tastes, after growing up on all the prog rock of the 70s. And the Black album was more of just a mainstream hard rock/metal sound...very good imo, but I can see how the original thrash type Metallica fans hated it. ....Actually after Justice, Black is my 2nd fave...but again being more of a 70s metal/rock fan...that should be no surprise.

The funny thing bout Metallica, like I said above...is I initially hated thrash when it first came onto the scene.....youngish punks at work would bring it in to listen on their boomboxes, and I always preached to them bout the superiority of Zep, Rush and Sabbath....and they'd roll their eyes and walk away with their Anthrax style (Bill turned up, with message written underneath, lol......) caps on.....lol.....but years later, about 1990, I picked up a pristine collection of Metallica cassettes at a garage sale for $.25 each and immediately took them on a long road trip....lol.....I'm glad I had those floormats that collect snow and slush cuz I needed them to collect the remains of my melted face after nonstop listening to said cassettes on that trip......lol...and remember thinking "Dayum, These guys do rock!!" and since then have been a fan....especially Justice and Black album...

Pig:
Oh, and yes, the "Turn the Page" cover is sickening.
I love it. Gives the song a growly power crunch the original doesn't have. Now that the subject is Metallica covers..and irritants...I did think their cover of "Whiskey in the Jar" did suck.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.