Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumslady
Msg: 301
Post your unpopular opinions here. Page 13 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
blackbeauty744-" POF is better used as a source of entertainment than attempting to find a partner."
Ding, Ding, We have a winner! :D
Seriously though, I found an article a few days ago: The Top 3 dating sites loaded with narcissists. Guess which site was #2 on the list?
(Second only to ok cupid)

On the subject of holidays, I'm not sure this is controversial, but I HATE shopping, SO much. I think people who get out in the "black Friday" madness need their heads examined, for real.
You could NOT pay me to do it, they could give stuff away, NOT happening, no thanks. :D
 Kj521
Msg: 302
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 11/29/2017 7:37:38 PM
"Nae need tae fret hen. Tis a lovely tune."

Only if you sing it, Vlad. ;)

But I will argue....that it is still a sad song. :)
 JS3344
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2017 5:07:58 PM
The national anthem is the worst song ever, I cringe every time some jackass "interprets" it. R&B singers mutilate it, and country singers do a good job of it. Oh Canada is the best anthem ever.
 backcreek7
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2017 6:53:38 PM
oh canada is the worst song ever, I cringe every time some jackass " interprets" it. R & B singers mutilate it, and country singers do a good job of it.

^^^ get real
the STAR SPANGLED BANNER is the best anthem < EVER > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Galaxie777
Msg: 305
Posted: 12/1/2017 5:20:09 AM
The American anthem isn't onr of the worst.
But then you remember all the evil done by Americans and how mega cringe worthy patriotic Yanks are.
When they are basically Europeans anyway.
 toocash
Msg: 306
Posted: 12/1/2017 6:40:55 AM
Yea...but english...not Italian, or in my case Russian...again not Italian. That's something.
 Galaxie777
Msg: 307
Posted: 12/1/2017 6:55:51 AM
Gawd... Italian is western Europe... yeah that's something ok... not Asiatic inferiors to the east like Russian Mongols.
Def something.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 308
Posted: 12/2/2017 7:56:12 AM

I think Justice is their best....but the caveat is I was a bit older than the average thrash fan when thrash came out in the early 80s...and initially thought thrash sucked.

In all fairness, I should probably give "And Justice For All" another listen. I am still thinking of it from a perspective of when I was younger. I probably haven't listened to it since not long after it was released. I do know the production and lack of bass will still be excruciating, though.

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax are known as the "big four" of thrash, yet I recognized the big difference between Metallica and Megadeth and Anthrax and Slayer. Metallica and Megadeth had far superior talent than Anthrax or Slayer. The songwriting was much deeper, as well.

I always thought Slayer and Anthrax were just silly. I found no redeeming qualities in either of them.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2017 8:38:17 AM
Any of yous lot like Nirvana? Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl played a few acoustic tunes in a boozer called the Southern Bar*. Although around 30 folk were present if you believed everyone who said they were there then it should be hundreds.

Anyway here below are a couple of things if you like the band......

"A recording of Nirvana’s famous unheralded pub gig in 1991 at the Southern Bar before a handful of punters has been found and posted on YouTube."

https://www.scotsman.com/news/listen-to-rare-recording-of-when-nirvana-played-in-an-edinburgh-pub-1-4629200

Here is the sound recording made that night. Although it is only 2 full tunes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nj3Roe3gww

And here be the recording of the full band when they played The Calton Studios down in the Old Town.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7r-mgoc2ac

*alas the Southern Bar is now one of those shite boozers selling tea and coffee.
 junipermoon
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2017 2:00:48 PM

ny of yous lot like Nirvana?

yes. i love nirvana. that's why people find it so strange that i also love taylor swift.

and i'll check out the links you posted. thanx!!!
 backcreek7
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2017 4:46:03 PM
one of my VERY favorite songs ~
NIRVANAS cover of ...

LAKE OF FIRE ~

lyrics, col ...

" Where do bad folks go when they die ?
They don't go to heaven, where the angels fly ...
Go to a lake of fire, and fry ...
See em again, til the 4th of july "
~ ~ ~
ahhh come on, it's the holidays ~ ^^ tis a joyous song of sorts, in my op ~
the evil people gettin' their dues ( an eye ~ for an eye )

^^^ sit down, have a glass of wine or 3 ~
a possibly puff puff ? < I won't tell ( wink )

turn it up ^
 backcreek7
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2017 5:23:35 PM
^^^ okay okay~ maybe that last song wasn't exactly a Christmas Carol, col

Have you all heard of Marshal Crenshaw ?
He looks a lot like Buddy Holly , does a good job at ~ what I might call > pop music.
My music interests are pretty diverse, I like a bit of everything. Even enjoy a good love song as well, this falls a bit into that category.

lyrics ~ " strangers eyes in the crowd flash past, I go on and think of the fate you cast "

WHENEVER YOUR ON MY MIND ~ by MARSHAL CRENSHAW

^^^ turn it up ^
 Sandbyday
Msg: 313
Posted: 12/13/2017 12:58:55 AM
I always liked Barry Manilow.
I didn't know his expression was for other males at the time, but none of us knew Elton John's were either.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 314
Posted: 12/13/2017 2:38:48 AM
From a technical standpoint, Barry is a perfect example of a singer who does everything right. Absolutely flawless. His resonance has always been massive and he makes it look effortless. The songs themselves, on the other hand, were always difficult for me to warm up to. I've always felt the same way about Karen Carpenter. Incredible voice, but the songs were too hokey for me.

but none of us knew Elton John's were either.

We might not have been able to confirm it, but I believe many of us at least suspected.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2017 4:25:38 AM
Oooo I've got a right good story for yous shermans and canucks. Now homelessness is a problem all over. I watched a documentary about the tent city in seattle (i think it was) absolutely shocking.

But in Edinburgh last saturday night 8,000 folk paid a £100 each to sleep out doors in princes street gardens.
May i just add that i was not one of them........

"More than 8,000 people braved icy temperatures and spent the night in the city’s Princes Street Gardens as part of “the world’s biggest sleepout”, with donations so far ­topping £3.6 million."

“There are 11,000 homeless households in Scotland. When I think about all of the amazing different people sleeping in this garden tonight, the one thing that strikes me about these statistics of homelessness is that they are not insurmountable."

https://www.scotsman.com/regions/edinburgh-fife-lothians/edinburgh-sleep-in-the-park-donations-top-3-6m-1-4636057

A few artists played for free in the ross bandstand. And john cleese told a bedtime story. Did any of yous like the band Oasis? Here's Liam Gallagher performing at sleep in the park.........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AGnsLZ85Dq8

Helping hands is uk wise. But the Edinburgh one is run by a mate of mine. They are collecting food for poor families at the football next week. I am however donating to that.

Have any of yous heard the uk band The Smiths before? Well guitarist Johnny Marr has made an album about the homeless. The clip below features Maxine Peake (she was a lead character in the tv drama 3 girls about the rape, torture and abuse of many many wee lassies that was covered up by the local poiticians, the social services and the police because of who the abusers were).

The story she reads was originally written by a geezer from Coatbridge, just outside Glasgow. Who was homeless on the streets of Edinburgh. It was printed in the homeless magazine The Big Issue (Scotland).

Well worth a watch. Here also is the article the guardian printed explaining Johnny Marrs album.

I'd be interested in any comments from yous. Again i know EVERYWHERE is experiencing homelessness but i just wondered what you lot thought.............

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/dec/11/johnny-marr-and-maxine-peake-you-cant-avoid-homelessness-in-manchester-it-touched-us-both

The Priest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9N1gulWafE
 gtomustang
Msg: 316
Posted: 12/13/2017 6:18:15 AM
over here, we get people who will camp out on a sidewalk in all sorts of weather, to be in line the next morning to get tickets to sports events or the latest Star Wars movie. Its nice to see people due it for a real cause.
 _babblefish
Msg: 317
Posted: 12/13/2017 8:17:45 AM

I'd be interested in any comments from yous. Again i know EVERYWHERE is experiencing homelessness but i just wondered what you lot thought.............

i think a lot .. especially when it comes to the NIMBY's in Vancouver that have set up a little camp against social housing being built

*sleeping on the street to raise money is an annual fund raising campaign in Vancouver that goes back to at least
2012, not that awareness is helping much, there are tent cities hidden in plain sight in many communities and they
are growing, more mental health beds are needed in this province but i'm not holding my breath,

"He walks on, doesn't look back. . ."
 _babblefish
Msg: 318
Posted: 12/13/2017 9:32:34 AM
^
{quote] In other news, the fire that burned Rupert Murdoch's $30 million estate was started by a cooking
fire at a homeless camp, which sounds like a plot twist from a****ns' novel.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 319
Posted: 12/13/2017 11:22:33 PM

I've always felt the same way about Karen Carpenter. Incredible voice, but the songs were too hokey for me.

Hmmm right, now that you mention it. She didn't have the opportunity to mature into her own though, and Richard was the prominent hokey writer in all those early years. My Uncle Ron Gorow (passed away in his sleep at an early age) was their trumpet player and I was invited to go back stage and chit chat and talk story with them. I always kinda wished that I would have taken a few cheeseburgers to pass around after the news came out.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 320
Posted: 12/13/2017 11:44:40 PM

We might not have been able to confirm it, but I believe many of us at least suspected.

Yea on a whim I just checked your profile and I'm 13 years older. I recon you had the advantage of experiencing him at a later stage. I don't think in 1970 when 'Take me to the Pilot" and "Your Song" were released many of us more elder were thinking of the fact.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 321
Posted: 12/14/2017 6:14:03 AM

Yes, I meant to mention my introduction to him didn't necessarily parallel everyone else, but it was too late to edit once I thought of it.

Another singer who gets * a lot* of shit is Michael Bolton. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why, but he's another with amazing technique and he busted his ass to develop it. If he had stuck with hard rock instead of shifting over to adult contemporary/easy listening, I believe some would look at him in a different light today.

One thing that irks me, too, is when someone will say "he/she can't sing!!" simply because they don't like the artist's songs or vocal tone. Songs and tone are a matter of personal taste, but proper implementation of technique is most definitely not subjective.

I always kinda wished that I would have taken a few cheeseburgers to pass around after the news came out.

hahaha. Damn.
 cooldog65
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2017 8:51:44 AM

Another singer who gets * a lot* of shit is Michael Bolton. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why, but he's another with amazing technique and he busted his ass to develop it. If he had stuck with hard rock instead of shifting over to adult contemporary/easy listening, I believe some would look at him in a different light today.

Remember this?

https://youtu.be/g-laq61WrRA
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 323
Posted: 12/14/2017 9:00:29 AM

Yes...haha. The segments of them watching music videos was always the best part of the show.

Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2017 6:23:29 PM
It's chilly up here now. In the 20's and I like it.

I like breathing the cold air and walking outside in it.It's cool if it's snowing and blowing too. Fun to see, like walking in a snow globe. Just have to watch the icy patches and be careful walking.
 forumslady
Msg: 325
Posted: 12/15/2017 8:22:13 PM
It seems that we are discussing music a lot, which I'm THRILLED about.
Along those lines........

As flamboyant as she is (Heck, what am I saying? BECAUSE she is), I LOVE Lady GaGa.
She teemed up with a band already mentioned, Metallica. One of them (Lars, I think) said it was helpful that she can actually, really sing.
I totally agree.
She gave one of the best performances EVER of The Star Spangled banner during half time at the super bowl one year. (Last year? The year before?)

Sorry, I like college games, not the pro's. Wait a minute, that might be an unpopular opinion, too. :D

Edit to add: IMO, No one will EVER top Whitney Houston's rendition of the SSB.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.