Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backcreek7
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here. Page 14 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
^^^ " we are discussing music a lot " > quote from forumslady

yes we are forumslady ~ seems it's a "popular " subject, which is dear to sir pig ...
& btw

thank you SO much for the sweet complement you paid me on a post of mine ~
had to do with parenting, a subject I'm totally convinced you excel in, judging from many of your posts ...
so I tip my hat, your way ...

& appreciate your efforts ...
I'm also thinkin' ~ our children would be in good hands, if more parents followed your lead !

here's a song, dedicated to you ( you may have heard it before but, another listen won't be wasted ) listen to the top selection on youtube ~

BLACK DOG ( Like a ghost ) by XOLIE MORRA and the STRANGE KIND
turn it up ^
heart / sun
 forumslady
Msg: 327
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 12/19/2017 4:51:04 PM
backcreek7- & appreciate your efforts ...
I'm also thinkin' ~ our children would be in good hands, if more parents followed your lead !

here's a song, dedicated to you ( you may have heard it before but, another listen won't be wasted ) listen to the top selection on youtube ~

BLACK DOG ( Like a ghost ) by XOLIE MORRA and the STRANGE KIND
turn it up ^
heart / sun

Thank you! :)
 backcreek7
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2017 5:58:10 PM
^^^ your more then welcome ~

this song describes, what many of we men here, have been thru ...

LET HER GO by PASSENGER

lyrics *
" you see her when you close your eyes, maybe one day you'll understand why ... everything you touch, surely dies "

love the vocal ~

> turn it up ^
 backcreek7
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2017 10:26:57 AM
another favorite of mine ~

BLUE GLASS FALL by DAVID POE ...

lyrics * ~ " when pieces of blue glass fall, the love of a fool is strong ...

............... to patiently wait so long ...
............... to build a bomb that don't go off "

check it out !

> turn it up ^
 gtomustang
Msg: 330
Posted: 12/24/2017 3:10:41 PM
ok, here's a non-song one. I hate the Christmas party tradition of bringing crappy presents or regifts, taking a number, picking from the pile in order, and if you actually get a gift you like, someone else can take it away from you to swap for their gift they can't stand.

seems like the point is, "Screw unto others this holiday season"
 whosmeow
Msg: 331
Posted: 12/24/2017 6:07:21 PM
Ive never been big on holidays, birthdays, or celebrations of any kind in general. Sure Ive been to my share of "parties", but I never stayed for very long. I'm quite a minimalist, always have been, and tried to raise my kids that way. Well it backfired cause they delve into the typical American cultural advertising and push of everything screaming "lets celebrate". Their homes are a mecca of decorations, and commercial clutter.

While I love Christmas for all the right reasons, I do not celebrate for what I feel are the wrong ones. I do have a tiny tree and bought a gift for the four people I chose. I'm a very giving person and do not feel the need to be generous because of some greeting card holiday. So yes I also greatly dislike "party traditions", and everything related to them. I celebrate Christmas as a Christian, because CHRIST died for my sins.
 John252817
Msg: 332
Posted: 12/24/2017 6:37:08 PM
Who, I enjoy this time of the year. I don't "over do it" and I agree with a lot of what you said. I enjoy to see my grand kids excited, to me it is just part of being a human. It's not about being happy just during this season, it's about who you are now and during the rest of the year. My two sons and their kids are very good human beings and who they are during this time of the year is reflected on who they are the rest of the year obviously without the added things happening now. So yes, I enjoy this time of the year but I don't change just for this moment of the year. And my family doesn't either. Like I say, you do have the right reasons to loving Christmas as do many of us. Enjoy the day tomorrow!

Merry Christmas!!
 gtomustang
Msg: 333
Posted: 12/25/2017 2:04:36 PM
I've never been big on holidays or birthdays"

>>>Label me a cynic, but some of the holidays (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc) and birthdays are aimed for the children. As adults, we may not be so interested/inclined in gifts and dressing up and putting a smile on our face.

"their homes are a mecca of decorations and commercial clutter"

>>I think its also more enjoyable by the "youthful". My father grew up poor, so he liked to go overboard at Christmas and i'm sure i'll find a lot of the old gifts when I get around to clearing out the attic. I'm not saying its good or bad to be "in the spirit" or to not be.
 daynadaze
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2017 3:45:34 PM
See this is what confuses me, when a person is so nasty on here and yet claims to be a good, nice person...how do you make that work?
 John252817
Msg: 335
Posted: 12/25/2017 8:55:19 PM
Not sure why yule is so nasty, you sure have tried to avoid that question dayna. YIKES!!!! Look back on every single post and see who initiates vile comments only to be responded by myself. Of course you won't, it isn't "convenient". Yep, I'd take my family and how good we are over anybodies. I know there are many like mine, just haven't seen it in here with liberals that post in here. Put the blinders down dayna....YIKES!!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2017 9:22:55 AM
You are trying to deflect again, answer why you act that that way, others will answer for themselves.
 John252817
Msg: 337
Posted: 12/26/2017 9:51:17 AM
dayna, walts brags about his whiskey and yule brags about his licking. You seem to support that by how you feel I am nasty but that's your deal not mine. You accusing all trump supporters as being in love with putin says it all, maybe you were just trying to be funny. And I never said who I voted for so vent somewhere else...YIKES!!!
 whosmeow
Msg: 338
Posted: 12/26/2017 12:31:56 PM
I do believe everyone posting on this site is a combination of naughty, and nice :) How dull the world would be without some spice in the sugar... Its just kinder to try hard not to be nasty. It does come out in everyone at times though.

Hope y'all had a wonderful day whatever the spiritual / non spiritual beliefs might be.
 gtomustang
Msg: 339
Posted: 12/26/2017 2:45:27 PM
"see, this is what is so confounding, when a person is so nasty here, yet thinks they are good"

>>>it depends upon their definition of, "good". If someone thinks a narcissist who has declared bankruptcy is a "good" businessman, they think they are telling the truth--b/c their definition of "good business" is far away from what other people think is good business. Usually, such a person conducts their business the same way, which is why they don't see anything bad about it. They don't believe they are lying, or exaggerating. When they claim their social circle, their family, et cetera, are of high character, and they think that a candidate who brags about grabbing genitalia is the person who will MAGA...they are telling you, explicitly, what their standards are for "a good human being". Some people will think Chump is a role model b/c he gold plates things, b/c they too worship material wealth as a sign of success--even at any cost.

if they thought it was bad...they might think twice about declaring it "good". Of course, some Chump voters are single issue voters, and the fact they can overlook every other thing just to get their one issue, says something about their singular focus in life. And there are Republicans who will always vote ABC--Anybody But Clinton. They are afraid now, as they witness a lack of results, massive fumbling around, and realize deep down the tax break for the rich has suckered them yet again. So, you will spot them lashing out their anger by blaming everyone but themselves, and trying to push the focus onto "what the other side is doing". But then, there are plenty of Americans who voted Chump b/c they heard the racist, misogynist message and celebration of material wealth, loud and clear. The lying doesn't bother them, b/c in their life are plenty of people exasperated with their constant fibbing and twisting of truth.

deetristate
Msg: 340
Posted: 12/26/2017 3:23:50 PM
Oh.
I see now why leftists are so angry.

They invest themselves in who they vote for such that they feel personally like their candidates feel and their egos and self esteem and sense of self are so wraped up in their candidates and for whom they vote that they find that anything a candidate does reflects directly on them, like losing so they consider themselves losers.

Huh.

Nonleftists vote for the best choice at the time, Then they wait and see. Their egos and self esteem and self worth are not attached to the elected.

If the person they elected doesn't do what was expected on the imperative, they vote for someone else the next time. No big ego loss.

( hey. I am responding to the issue presented. )

This thread had turned into one about POPULAR OPINIONS on old rock anyway . . .

(((((I is W.)))))
 cooldog65
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2017 5:19:27 PM
Opening post...

And it must be NON-POLITICAL. This section is already inundated enough with that shit.

Let's keep it this way. There are plenty of other political threads. I'll stay out of those.
 deetristate
Msg: 342
Posted: 12/27/2017 3:06:13 AM
Did you bother to tell that to gto ( to whom I responded)?

You people are so obvious. ( popular opinion)
 forumslady
Msg: 343
Posted: 12/27/2017 7:32:04 PM
@ Gtomustang- Dirty Santa, I HATE that game too! No one seems to think how the people feel who brought the gifts that end up getting picked last. Also, I've been guilt tripped twice for taking other people's gifts. I won't participate in it anymore.

@backcreek7- I had never heard Blue Glass Fall before. I enjoyed that a lot, I'll have to check out more of Poe's work. :)
 John252817
Msg: 344
Posted: 12/27/2017 8:41:24 PM
Not sure if dirty santa is the same game we play but sounds kinda like it. "Stealing" a gift that has been taken is part of the fun if this is the same game. Only people that have "issues" would take this game serious.....YIKES!!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 8:45:48 PM
Oh no, we are angry again! LOL. I am amazed we (liberal) haven't imploded.

Oh John, we can always count on you.
 John252817
Msg: 346
Posted: 12/27/2017 8:47:54 PM
WOW, dayna was waiting but she didn't condemn yule and big....dayna you are such a hypocrite. Gotta be your own kind of "nasty"....YIKES!!
 backcreek7
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 9:32:36 PM
@ forumslady ~ thank you for listening :) :) :)

here's a couple more to try -

I LOVE THE NIGHT by BLUE OYSTER CULT .... ( mesmerizing comes to mind ~ love it !!!!)

& THIS ISN'T REAL by MENEW ( on David Letterman Show - omg ! ~ check it out )

> turn them up ^
 gtomustang
Msg: 348
Posted: 12/28/2017 7:46:26 AM
"Stealing" a gift is part of the fun--only people who have issues would take this seriously"

>>>hey, is it political if I comment on people who think stealing is fun? :) Alllllright, i'll refuse to point out the obvious :)

some people do think its fun to rob others. some think it isn't "what Jesus would do" on His holiday. and some will just go along with the crowd.
 John252817
Msg: 349
Posted: 12/28/2017 7:59:59 AM
^^^^^^Oh please gto!!!! I put the word stealing in quotation marks. It isn't stealing, people don't rob others, it's a game that you play. Get a grip gto. The people that "play" this thing called a "game" know what the rules are and are happy to play. They aren't going in the house and ransacking it. If someone who knows it is just a game gets upset about it they shouldn't play. They can be like those 3 year olds and pick up their toys and go home. Jesus is smiling on you right now. By the way, everyone brings a GIFT, there isn't any people that play that don't bring a gift....YIKES!!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 10:46:04 AM
I was waiting? What? LOL.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.