Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 topolata
Msg: 476
Post your unpopular opinions here. Page 20 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
It seems most receipts these days ask for a tip. Even at self service counters.

halforhalfnot
Msg: 477
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 2/1/2018 8:12:40 AM
We need a Mr Pink here to argue against tipping.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 benartflick
Msg: 478
Posted: 2/1/2018 8:40:50 AM

^^^^^what does your diatribe above have to do with your being wrong on the law per the cases I cited directly on point for the issues of a gun locked in a safe.

Most people would find what I wrote easy to understand.

You DID NOT cite directly on point. If you had, I would've agreed with you.

What part of the written law or the Supreme Court rulings did you have trouble understanding? I thought what was written was fairly simple to understand.

Just because you found the words 'locked gun safe' in the Ortiz case doesn't mean that case is somewhat similar to the case we were discussing. You're dumber than I thought. I didn't think that was remotely possible.

It's difficult discussing anything with a person so obviously brain-dead and enjoys trolling as much as you do.

The following is a good example of what crazy trolls write, "You say this with such glee...just like you were gleeful how you slammed a teenager's head with a baseball bat. There is something very wrong with you. Most people would feel really bad about what happend to this guy and that they might be the cause. You? You brag about it."

I didn't BRAG about his death and I felt bad about his death. I wrote he was a nice guy. Now if my insults to you resulted in your death, maybe I'll brag and the glee I caused might make me worthy of a statue. You are a despicable troll. Do you deny that?

Unlike you, Joe Messier had a conscience. As I mentioned he was a born again Christian, but he didn't become one until long after he knowingly wrote 3 lies about me a day before our union election.

Since you're obviously one of earth's lowest life forms your sympathy is with the pervert who molested a 7 year-old and a person who knowingly published lies about another person.

I'd appreciate knowing what you read that suggests I was 'gleefully saying' something. I assure you - I wasn't. What you kept writing about my sister-in-law's tragic death is also telling what a mindless scumbag you actually are.
 topolata
Msg: 479
Posted: 2/1/2018 9:07:24 AM
^^^^

I'd appreciate knowing what you read that suggests I was 'gleefully saying' something. I assure you - I wasn't.

Fair enough.

If there is one thing that makes you stand out, which is why I pick on you like I do, is I believe you are a cruel and depraved man. Your bragging about hitting the kid with the bat was enough to show what you are, but your posts over the years are so critical of so many others..your latest being of a Circuit Court Judge in Florida who is obviously far superior to you in intellect and status, that you have shown me what you are.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you again over how you got it wrong on the law....you are not a lawyer, and it is obvious you have no capacity of thinking like a lawyer nor do you apparently have any idea how the Justice system works even after having been on a Grand Jury. But your lackof capacity is not surprising given you have been a working man your entire career...and so I will not fault you for you lack of capacity in that area.

What I do fault you for is your cruelty and your being so critical of so many over so many threads here over the years. Take your daughter in law's case......you blamed her death on a "politicians son" who you claimed got away with murder because he was a "politicians son" without even knowing if the guy was drunk or even if he knocked down the the pole. You claimed your daughter in law was "vaporized" leaving a crator in the earth after touching the hot wire knocked down with the pole (which is just how you exagerate everything). You criticized several people in that one post alone...without a shred of evidence that anybody did anything wrong.

But again, you criticize your own lawyer (even though based on the facts he was right and you were wrong), you criticize your own doctor, you criticize museum directors who you think are making too much money, you criticize circuit court judges who are three times your intelligence level. You criticize law enforcement, You make all sorts of assumptions never supported by even a scintilla of evidence to support what you believe...you are just a first class ahole and your own words evidence your complete lack of class.

Its no shock to me you were "beaten" by cops three times by the time you were nineteen. You seem like the type who would be. But your admission to hitting a kid in the head with a baseball bat, hard as you could, when you were only five....because he owed you $5.00.....is clear evidence to me you are a psychopath. To brag about it sixty years later shows you are a cruel and indecent man. Any decent person would feel terrible for having done something so cruel in their youth.

And of course the latest......mentioning a guy who died the same day you blasted him for "defaming" you...almost as if he deserved it and it was a badge of honor.

There are different types of people here. There are the Dees who lack empathy and/or compassion, there are the hopeless nutcases, who are just scumbags, and then there are the cruel... and that is where I believe you fit in.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:07:23 AM

If you go to a fast food place like McDonald's, or buy something in a store where people are working for minimum wage, do you tip them as well?

No but I do remember when I worked at McDs I received some tips. I've looked into reasons why restaurants do not up the hourly wage of servers and from what I have read, the store lost money in the long term and wages with the kitchen staff somehow got messed up.
 cooldog65
Msg: 481
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 8:34:48 PM
I'm making this official...

I'm a dinosaur who's out of touch with most of today's culture and trends.

Oh well...
 gtomustang
Msg: 482
Posted: 2/3/2018 7:41:17 AM
"It is not clear when the word "tip" came into the English language but some speculate that the origins of the word came from Samuel Johnson. Johnson frequented a coffeeshop which had a bowl labeled "To Insure Promptitude," and Johnson and other guests would put a coin into the bowl throughout the evening to receive better service.

This soon was shortened to "T.I.P." and then simply tip.
Prior to 1840, Americans did not tip. But, after the Civil War, newly rich Americans visited Europe and brought the practice back home to show that they had been abroad and knew genteel rules. A New York Times editor grumbled that, once tipping got hold in the United States, it spread rapidly like "evil insects and weeds."

By the 1900s, Americans considered tipping to be the norm and, in fact, were frequently criticized for overtipping. Englishmen complained that "liberal but misguided" Americans tipped too much, leading servants to feel shortchanged by the British. Similarly, a 1908 Travel magazine found that Americans overtipped but received poorer service because Americans did not know how to treat servants and service members."

As tipping became widespread in America, many found it to be antithetical to democracy and American ideals of equality. In 1891, journalist Arthur Gaye wrote that a tip should be given to someone "who is presumed to be inferior to the donor, not only in worldly wealth, but in social position also." "Tipping, and the aristocratic idea it exemplifies, is what we left Europe to escape,” William Scott wrote in his 1916 anti-tipping brochure, “The Itching Palm,” in which he argued that tipping was as "un-American" as "slavery."
In 1904, the Anti-Tipping Society of America sprang up in Georgia, and its 100,000 members signed pledges not to tip anyone for a year. In 1909, Washington became the first of six states to pass an anti-tipping law. But, the new laws rarely were enforced, and, by 1926, every anti-tipping law had been repealed.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/a-brief-history-of-tipping-1329249

as for uncooldog, welcome to old age :) modern culture is aimed at the youth, and we saw all the cool stuff anyway. These days, the kids label it "nostalgia".
 NewYorker58
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2018 11:40:45 AM
Very interesting, Mustang!

In Europe, they may include the tip in your bill. Then people just leave a few coins, because its included. At The Plaza Hotel, they started including a tip, because their European clientele were not leaving tips, per their custom.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 484
Posted: 2/3/2018 12:24:57 PM
This is thirty years ago, so things may have changed. But we always hated getting Italians at one of our tables. Citizens of other European countries were fine, but Italians didn't tip.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2018 1:25:39 PM
Tips are included with service. That's why The Plaza in NYC includes tips, because European customers are used to that, and were not leaving tips.

In Rome, waiters / taxi drivers are getting spoiled with foreigners leaving tips and are now often expecting them. But you don't need to tip in Italy. You're probably already paying a supplement through the servizio (service charge) on your restaurant bill and/or the coperto (cover charge), sometimes both.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 486
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2018 4:26:40 PM
what happened to gtomustang?!??
 NewYorker58
Msg: 487
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2018 6:05:31 PM
Could be a casualty of the politics thread? They're dropping like flies over there. He's smart, he'll be back shortly I would imagine.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 ja6425
Msg: 488
Posted: 2/3/2018 8:06:09 PM
Not sure what happened to gt, as much as I disagree with his "stuff", he and others should be allowed to say what they want. Maybe his "chump" word for our president did him in....who knows, but he will be back. Wonder if the liberals in here that use the word "trumptards" will be next to get 86ed. And "trumpanzees"(however they spelled it) Those liberals are mocking the disabled and also making a slur. Wow, very "nice" "caring" people....But thanks for showing who you really are and not hiding your slurs and your mocking real disabled people.
 topolata
Msg: 489
Posted: 2/4/2018 8:22:29 AM
^^^John, if you are referring to my mocking tbe brain damaged hopeless nutcase, thats really a compliment to him...a step up.
 cooldog65
Msg: 490
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2018 8:48:17 AM
I do not understand people (especially the younger ones) who say they are bored. I have access to more information at my fingertips than ever. How can you be bored?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 491
Posted: 2/7/2018 8:51:16 AM

do not understand people (especially the younger ones) who say they are bored. I have access to more information at my fingertips than ever. How can you be bored?

I don't get it, either. I have always said only boring people get bored, and it's damn true.

There is ALWAYS something to do.
 backcreek7
Msg: 492
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2018 7:31:19 PM
I guess playin' on their phone 24 / 7 ~ can get boring after awhile ...

who woulda thunk it ?
 backcreek7
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 5:58:18 PM
freedom is a double edged sword ~ on one side, a wonderful gift from our creator ...
on the other, a pathway for evil to thrive ...

lyrics - " buried under leaves blood red and gold, death says nothing back, but I told you so "

GOD SAYS NOTHING BACK by Jacob Dylan & the Wallflowers ( bob dylans son )

> turn it up ^
it's worth it ~ col

WOW !!!! welcome back sweet, I and many have missed you so !!!!!!!!!!!
double WOW & woof !!!

big hugs from your admirers !
heart / sun
 KJ__521
Msg: 494
Posted: 2/16/2018 6:02:46 PM
^^^^It's a very....Mad World. :/
 _babblefish
Msg: 495
Posted: 2/17/2018 9:20:50 AM

It's a very....Mad World. :/

says the woman with a conceal carry licence, y'all are mad indeed
 topolata
Msg: 496
Posted: 2/17/2018 11:04:21 AM
What's with nuking KJ again. Can't you just not like her and instead argue with her? And I am having withdrawal symptoms not being able to get my regular diet of nonsensical deeisms.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 497
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2018 11:40:41 AM
Mustang is gone too. I don't know why he's not back with a new profile, as it seems that's the thing to do, or does banning go by your IP address? Do you need a 2nd device to show a different IP?
 topolata
Msg: 498
Posted: 2/17/2018 12:07:13 PM
I've been banned numerous times and have always been able to thwart IP blocking. First of all when I register I use a cell phone which is constantly changing IP addresses, i.e. it is a dynamic IP. I clear the cache in browser. And I do not use the POF app. I have heard of devices being blocked but they have never been able to block my Android, maybe because I use security which prevents the Android revealing too much information about the device.

Some people who've been banned never come back. I'm not sure why. Banning can be caused by one a hole who has registered numerous profiles and uses them against people. Or maybe a childish administrator. Why should they win?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 499
Posted: 2/17/2018 12:53:32 PM
Don't you also have to sign up under a new email address each time you open a new profile?
 topolata
Msg: 500
Posted: 2/17/2018 1:20:30 PM
^^my profiles are created in less than 60 seconds...including random, and fake email addresses. The email from pof bounces and probably results in my profile eventually being terminated but then I go right to a new profile that took 60 seconds to create. It has always irritated me that you could be nuked from this forum simply by being reported by those who don't like you. So creating random profiles has been one of the ways I have fought back.

But if I were dating..which I'm not, obviously I would want a more stable and legit profile. I don't think many of the cities I create even exist.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.