Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 551
Post your unpopular opinions herePage 23 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)

Newman's Own did have a peach salsa once...bleck, that was a WTF.

Peach anything can kiss my ass, but peach SALSA?!?! Not a chance in hell.

Simple pieces of toast with pauls sauce, cherrywood bacon & topped with a slice of velvita cheese ...... yummmm !

Sounds interesting. I may give it a shot.
 backcreek7
Msg: 552
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 2/28/2018 9:40:55 AM
^^

I always mix in a lb. of lean ground beef or ground turkey, in with the sauce ~ firms it up so the sauce doesn't dribble all out, on the way to Z mouth, col.

Also, if you go the spaghetti route - the beef or turkey will anchor itself to fork, on the way to the face. Now since we're talking about food stuff ~ try my method of cooking fish.

First, make sure to select a " non fishy tasting " fresh filet ( no bones ) of fish. I catch my own, prefer largemouth bass filet, like yum !!

In a one gallon freezer bag, put in an equal amount of cracker meal and bread crumbs, about 1 inch on bottom of bag, or enough to coat the fish well, when shaking the bag. Select a medium sized pot, and fill with a third of good quality cooking oil - heat oil to 340 degrees. drop in enough fish to circle the top of the pot, don't pile on.
Cook said fish to golden brown, put on plate with paper towels ( absorbs excess oil ) and chow down deluxe. It's sooo good, can't taste any " fishy" taste at all, which would be yicky, in my op.

Season as preferred, I like just a bit of "no salt " . If you have to have saltwater fish, I prefer flounder ~ for being one of the least " fishy " tasting .

enjoy ^
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 553
Posted: 2/28/2018 9:54:48 AM

Simple pieces of toast with pauls sauce, cherrywood bacon & topped with a slice of velvita cheese ...... yummmm !

Sounds good, except the Velveeta. I'd substitute sharp cheddar, since I don't like processed cheese.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 554
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 10:50:10 AM
I have sampled jarred sauce when my ex bought it, just to taste it. It's horrible! Granted I haven't tried them all, but wouldn't. I make my own sauce. No jarred sauce is beating homemade. What I saw was attempts to flavor them with too many spices. I don't like the mouth feel of all the tiny onion pieces. That melts away in my sauce. I hear Rao's is good, also overpriced at $8+ a jar like Mario Batali's sauce. That jar would cost $1 to make yourself.

Bacon and cheese would be good on potato skins, but using real cheese.
 cooldog65
Msg: 555
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 11:01:13 AM
I like the Newman's Own mild salsa on my scrambled eggs melted with shredded cheese (whatever I have). I also add nitrite free sausage, no salt cottage cheese, and avocado/guacamole.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 556
Posted: 2/28/2018 11:09:41 AM

Now since we're talking about food stuff ~ try my method of cooking fish.

No seafood for me, I'm afraid.

No jarred sauce is beating homemade.

Newman's Own will bury yours in the dirt any day of the week. Your only hope might be against Ragu.
 cooldog65
Msg: 557
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 11:46:42 AM

Your only hope might be against Ragu.

If we were going to include canned sauce, Hunts and Chef Boyardee come to mind.
 backcreek7
Msg: 558
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 11:52:44 AM
" except the Velveeta , I'd substitute sharp cheddar "

I hear ya hs >>> sharp cheddar would be better, fo sure. To be truthful, I use the velveeta ( thank you for the correct spelling ) because it comes as a 35 calorie slice & I'm on a bit of a diet. That's half the calories as normal sliced cheese, as I try to stay under 1500 calories a day.

and p. s. hs ~ I remarked on another thread to you, after hearing you speak of how you described your relationship. From what you have said, it sounds very cool. Congrats your way, keep working at it - love needs nourishment, communication & attention. The best of futures, both your ways !
steve
heart / sun

* welcome back ~ car 1 & car 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MachIMustangII
Msg: 559
Posted: 2/28/2018 12:00:50 PM
"peach anything can kiss my ass"

>>>i'll take it in dessert, yogurt, and we used to grow peaches to put in homemade vanilla ice cream (quite a PITA, but no one was making peach ice cream back then. And then the wasps cored the hell out of the peaches one year, couldn't even get close to the tree). but someone had to be stoned to think of putting it in salsa.

"simple pieces of toast"

>>thanks for the kind words, and for some reason, i'm trying to imagine garlic bread instead. maybe b/c I loved garlic bread and spaghetti as a kid. as for sharp cheddar, gotta agree w/ HS. mild cheddar is kinda "why bother". Congrats on keeping the diet, I've only removed salt from mine so far.

"Bacon and cheese would be good on potato skins, but using real cheese."

>>>as a broke college student, i'd wash off a potato from the garden, rub a little olive oil on the skin to crisp it up, and after baking, grab one of the creamy salad dressings from the fridge--bleu cheese, creamy Italian, creamy bacon, buttermilk ranch, whatever, it replaced sour cream rather well. and there's chive growing in the front lawn, so a couple of snips with the scissors (yet another reason not to chemlawn), and eat everything including the skin of the 'tater. But it took me until recently to like sweet'tators, not even maple syrup left over from season at Thanksgiving. funny what tastes we get when we get older.

(but peas or Brussel Sprouts will have no hope. bleeeeeck!)

yes, we had Bac-O's, too for the salads from the garden, but they taste salty to me now. I can't believe the amount of salt we used to use--celery salt, onion salt, garlic salt, sea salt, Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt. We salted apples while biting into them, snipped the tops off radishes to smear on a pat of butter and salt, salted the butter'n'sugar and SilverQueen in the fall. Its amazing my father had such low blood pressure all his life.
 daynadaze
Msg: 560
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 2:43:59 PM
...salt on watermelon and cantaloupe...yummmmm

A lot of people don't have that salt reaction, watch out for media BS, they are often trying to sell you something.
 hopefulhunk
Msg: 561
Posted: 2/28/2018 2:55:03 PM
Crush a lime wedge on and in a been can... lightly salt top... desert cool-aide.

I love the crunchy fudge inbetween layers of ice cream cake. Not so much the rest, especially frosting.

Lol.... the salt got me thinking of a guy I know.
He and his friends would break pieces off of salt blocks put out for cattle in the pastures.
They loved it. Wow. Not brand new ones...
I told him it was probably the amphetamines they add for pregnant cows.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 562
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 4:01:29 PM
Pig, I looked up Newman's. The ingredients look good, just what needs to be in there and nothing more. I looked at the marinara. It is missing basil. I still have to wonder about the taste with the amount of onion and garlic used. I like a meat sauce and cook mine for 3 hours. The meats used give the sauce flavor, which would be a piece of beef, pork and meatballs. I do a smooth sauce, no chunks, no seeds and use basil I grow.

Newman's Marinara: Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste, Citric Acid), Diced Tomatoes, Salt, Cane Sugar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Spices, Onion*, Garlic*

Dayna, my gf said her father put salt on watermelon. It didn't really sound interesting until I mistakenly got salt on fruit I was eating. I forget which one, but it was good!

Salt is supposed to detract from bitterness, and of course it bumps up flavor. Salt is a necessary mineral. If a person isn't eating salty processed food, they shouldn't try to not eat salt in their home prepared food.

Mustang, I saw a show where they dipped the potatoes in salted water to get a crisp skin, but of course oil is good. Butter it's not supposed to be good on the skin, because of the moisture in it. I've made homemade sweet potato fries. Not enough to get a real good liking for them. I cube them and put them in stuffing. Then with chicken or turkey gravy on the stuffing, it's delicious. I make peas sauteed with onion in bacon drippings. They're sweet and savory, better than eating candy. You'd be surprised at how good they are.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 563
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 6:41:55 PM
#562, everything edible you mentioned in this post sounded darn near orgasmic. And, I also agree Basil needs to be recognized. I bet you know how to make ravioli too.... Dont'cha?
 cooldog65
Msg: 564
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 7:46:12 PM
^^^ Sounds like he wants to "eat" what she has to offer...

In order to maintain the highest quality forums (right...) you are restricted to having no more then (than) 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours (insert comma) you can not (or is it cannot?) post to this thread.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 565
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 7:53:49 PM
One never knows what delicacies the future holds in store. It's all there, all that needs to be done is to taste it....
 NewYorker58
Msg: 566
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 9:31:46 PM
Tutti a tavola a mangiare!

Check out my baked ziti and tortelloni making skills on my page. I make my ravioli, but everything I make is from scratch, gnocchi, teriyaki chicken, rouladen, spaetzle, matzo ball soup, chicken francaise, steak au poivre, chicken saltimboca, the list goes on.
 DrivingHarmony2018
Msg: 567
Posted: 2/28/2018 11:10:00 PM

Chef Boyardee come to mind.

Heyyyyy, I used to love Chef Boyardee's canned ravoli when I was a latch key kid.
Nice and soggy! Yum! Well, when I was 8 it was yummy.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 568
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 11:49:56 PM
My gf invited me for lunch after school for sandwiches and chef-boy-r-Dee ravioli. I brought a can home. My mom said it smelled disgusting☺ I didn't grow up with processed food. That was a latch-key lunch☺

CoolD, we should make a pact to go to the same Shag apts. when we get old☺ I'll be your wing girl. For non-Washingtonians, Shag apts are for seniors. I just hope shagging is taking place☺
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 569
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2018 3:55:25 AM

Peach anything can kiss my ass, but peach SALSA?!?! Not a chance in hell.

Ewwww hahahahaha
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 570
Posted: 3/1/2018 5:15:47 AM

CoolD, we should make a pact to go to the same Shag apts. when we get old

Be in the same place with you? I'd rather be placed in solitary for the rest of my life at San Quentin.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 571
Posted: 3/1/2018 1:56:19 PM
1) cantaloupe...back when I worked in a deli to put me thru college, an assistant manager liked to scoop out melon and use 'em for ice cubes in ginger ale. years ago I attempted my own energy drink, WalMart makes a Mountain Dew ripoff in orange flavor, mix that half and half with V8's Pina Colada and its a bit like that orange crème slammer I think Friendly's still sells. Otherwise, energy drinks taste like...well, I think we all agree what they taste like.

2) Chef Boyardee...back when I was latch key, I loved Dinty Moore's beef stew. My mother said it looked like Gravy Train dog food. I never did like Kraft Mac N Cheese...that tasted nothing like mac n cheese that I knew. too salty, too strong, maybe something was wrong with the cheese flavoring.

3) pretty sure I would still hate pea soup, even with a good ham in it. Used to hate eggs, the Sulphur smell combined with a bombshell brunette at that deli who pointed out eggs are just chicken periods. Asparagus trigger my gag reflex. The first time I tried corn chowder was unintentionally the first day of a bad flu--just smelling it could trigger a regurgitation in response. That sense of smell combined with food taste is a funny thing.

But then I thought I hated butternut, until I got stuck with a creamy butternut soup one holiday. Suddenly i was like, holy cow, where have you been all my life?

I should make a list of everything I loved and hated as a kid. See how I feel about it now.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 572
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2018 2:41:18 PM
Pig, I know some prison guards. If you get solitary, I can hook you up with extra scoops of mashed potatoes☺ Guards can even be bribed to bring in Newman's.

Mustang, do you find yourself telling people, I don't like this, but it's something you've never tasted? I tried butternut squash soup by making it later in life. It's delicious, so sweet, like liquid candy. I've been thinking of making it lately. You just may like pea soup, because of the other flavors like smoked ham, carrots, celery and onion.

My ex-h had a closet full of Kraft Mac & Cheese. That stuff is disgusting! I tried m&c when I moved to WA from Beecher's cheese making store. They use their own cheeses. I've recreated it myself using sharp cheddar that may also be smoked, along with other real cheeses. There's badness in Kraft besides the flavor: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/14/chemicals-found-mac-and-cheese-powder-might-pose-serious-health-threat-study-says/479137001/

The good stuff, by Beechers:

SAUCE
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
7 ounces Flagship cheese, grated (about 1 3/4 cups)
1 ounce Just Jack cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
½ teaspoon coarse salt
¼ to ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

PASTA
6 ounces penne pasta (about 3 ¼ cups)
1 ounce (1/4 cup) Flagship cheese, grated
1 ounce (1/4 cup) Just Jack cheese, grated
¼ to ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder Instructions

To prepare sauce, melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the flour. Continue whisking and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Cook until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add cheeses, salt, chili powder and garlic powder. Stir until cheese is melted and all ingredients are incorporated, about 3 minutes. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350F. Butter or oil an 8-inch baking dish. Cook penne 2 minutes less than package directions. (It will finish cooking in the oven.) Rinse pasta in cold water and drain well.

Combine pasta and sauce in a medium bowl; mix carefully but thoroughly. Scrape the pasta into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with cheeses and then the chili powder.

Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
 daynadaze
Msg: 573
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2018 5:15:25 PM
Kraft Mac and Cheese is the only kind I like.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 574
Posted: 3/1/2018 5:26:31 PM
"Mustang, do you find yourself telling people, I don't like this, but it's something you've never tasted? "

>>>Ever hear the joke, "if personal experience was absolutely necessary, we never would have found someone to walk on the moon"? :)

Part of the art of cooking is how we can prepare certain vegetables or meats. I wouldn't like scrambled eggs accented with black pepper b/c i'm not a fan of eggs. but get a great toasted English muffin, a great ham and sausage combo, and then use a little bit of scrambled egg to add mouth feel...and I could be hungry enough to not really pick up on the egg. For sure, put that egg in a cake, and i'll never even notice it. Or a pie--is the crust a starchy medium that carries the flavor of the stuffing, or is it a graham cracker with its own flavor that adds? I tried dating a gal who wanted her hamburgers cooked dead, I can't imagine one not being medium rare...and preferably on a good bun, maybe a pretzel bun or something that still has the taste of cornmeal or is a potato roll. A meal can highlight one flavor, or fuse a few. And then there's the side dish, maybe something bland to relax your tongue from the spicy main, or vice versa. And then the wine choice...

I may go so far as to compare it to music. We may like a song just b/c the singing range is phenomenal. We may not pick up on how great the guitar in the background is...we just know it clicks. Or the song could be completely instrumental, like anything off Joe Satrioni's Surfing with the Alien. Or the beat could be catchy like Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours". Its all music, but each is composed a certain way and presents itself in our ear to touch us a certain way.

we can highlight, subtract...or overwhelm :) Something can be made to be eaten quickly, or savored every bite. How we enjoy it, is individual. I used to know someone who loved salty pizza--even anchovies--b/c of how it went with beer. Me, I like fresh green peppers and onions that crunch. But the next time, I may want to taste aged cheese and the bite of pepperoni.

(I do hate food commericals on TV after 10 pm. You get a desire to eat something you see, but everything's closed up for the night. argh)
 ja6425
Msg: 575
Posted: 3/1/2018 5:33:31 PM
Dayna, I use to like Kraft mac and cheese and make my own now. But I use to like to get kraft every once in a while just because I liked it but bought a box last year and they changed the ingredients of the cheese and it isn't the same anymore....terrible
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.