Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions herePage 25 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
Back in the day, she was more attractive, and did some cheesecake poses, https://goo.gl/images/QzMSfP Today, she has a figure like a block of soap, and has no neck. She's loud too, interrupts guests all the time. I only watch if I see she's scheduled to make something interesting. She is very successful and accomplished and worth 60 mil, and does donate to animal causes by selling her crappy dog food.

Her husband is scuzzy looking. He's a lawyer, but is also a musician in a band. He looks like a dork. He's short with longish hair, scruffy facial hair, and he always wears a good-sized scarf around his neck. None of this is a good look on him. https://goo.gl/images/2utY4Z

THE worst is when he's on the show. She talks to him like he's a POS. It's really horrendous. I did read he was cheating with some girl he liked to have spit on him, so maybe he enjoys her public humiliation of him as a fetish, but it's hard to watch.
 daynadaze
Msg: 602
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 3/21/2018 8:46:01 PM
I hate Giada, bobble headed bimbo, low cut tops way too often and her and Bobby Flay have ruined Foodnetwork, add the complete asswipe, Guy, who made up some odd last name, and just isn't much to watch on that channel. I used to lovr Rachel Ray, but I agree, she is just way too loud, I don't watch the show she has now. I don't care if they are fat or thin they are, but I do care if they entertain me. I do like Chopped, love Ted. I like when they do the seasonal specials, but mostly it's hour after hour of Flay or Guy. I've heard those rumors about Ray's husband are just gossip rag-mags BS, who knows.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 603
Posted: 3/21/2018 8:51:06 PM

she doesn't shy away from making high calorie food, and does eat it. She got me interested in trying mascarpone.

I heard she has a 'spit bucket'---just pretends to eat the stuff...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2018 9:26:20 PM
Dayna, yeah, that's supposed to be gossip, but then I did wonder if he enjoys abuse, because she does talk to him like he's crap. He should be mortified and never do her show again, but then he does. I like The Chew. Mario got booted for sexual abuse in other areas of his life. I don't care, because he's a motherfer. He was taking tips from his waitstaff. I liked Guy's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I used to like the Frugal Gourmet, he got in trouble for sexual stuff. I liked the Galloping Gourmet. He lives in WA state. I watch for entertainment, as I'm a fussy eater, so I don't use anyone's recipes.

MsSk, I looked that spit bucket thing up. Lots of people reporting that. I don't get the Food Network anymore to look closely. She says she can eat everything in moderation and still maintain her small size, and I do believe that, but now wonder about the spit bucket for when she cooks on the show.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2014/11/21/skinny-giada-spits-out-everything-cooks.html
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 605
Posted: 3/23/2018 8:33:41 AM
I heard she demanded a spit bucket in the bedroom, too, which is what made the husband sniff around elsewhere.
 daynadaze
Msg: 606
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 9:48:08 AM
I know my youngest daughter can't keep any weight on, she eats tons of junk food, not just fast food but bags of candy, etc., but she is always skinny. My oldest, she's always eating carefully, eats healthy, she can't keep her weight down, she's been fighting her weight since her senior year ih high school when she went from slim to over weight in just weeks. Bodies are very strang vehicles. Still even if Giada spits, she's still only taking small bites for her shows, that's not really much when you think about it. (And yes both of my daughters have been to doctors about their weight.)

I like Ree Dromond, odd because she's way different than any one I would want to know, but she cooks good plain Midwest food. She loves spice, which I can't handle, but that's easy to leave out. I like Alton Brown, he's funny and gives good info. Most of what they show, I wouldn't eat, too much straining to change things up LOL I like good, old fashion farm-type food.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 607
Posted: 3/23/2018 10:38:26 AM
I am a huge Anthony Bourdain fan and love his shows. You get food and a history lesson and current events in the countries he visits. Even the cities he pops into in the US are interesting.

I can't stand the guy with the bleached blonde hair and his sunglasses on backwards.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 608
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 1:53:22 PM

I can't stand the guy with the bleached blonde hair and his sunglasses on backwards.

I want his 67 red Chevy Camaro!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 609
Posted: 3/23/2018 2:50:10 PM
I can't say i'm an expert on food shows, it seems like Hell's Kitchen was the epitome of "let's do drama in order to make people want to watch us make food!". And some of these shows people love to hate, it seems like it was more about trying to sell a personality type to draw people in, than in making the food be the draw. but then again, how many different ways can you prepare steak tartare or shrimp scampi? Fusion only takes you so far.

There's probably nothing wrong with a chef who is a character. Food is about passion, after all. But the minimalist in me thinks, shouldn't the food speak for itself? I'm probably wrong, i'm overdue to be wrong :)

as for Fieri's Camaro, he seems like the type to replace an original 396 with something big. I usually ID a 1967 Camaro by its side flipper windows in the doors, the chrome trim around it looks like an upside-down "7", and his car lacks them, so its 1968. Or at least the doors are :)

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/04/chevrolet-performance-examines-guy-fieris-502-hp-1968-camaro-convertible-video/
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 610
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 3:34:36 PM
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
DDD '67 Camaro for sale

*Update: Bid on eBay Motors. Auction ends Nov 05, 2011 at 15:08:27 PDT.

*Original Post*
This morning, David Page, recent ex-producer of the Food Network's hit show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, has confirmed that the iconic red convertible Camaro SS is for sale.

*Update* Spec's: ‘67 Camaro, an original SS. The new engine is a 350C 327HP (with 5,100 miles on the new engine) - 4 on the floor, rear wheel drive. The car itself has 61,682 miles on it, and the original 327 engine is crated up and will be available to the buyer if wanted.

LOL Either year, either car, I'll take it!
 cooldog65
Msg: 611
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 6:08:44 PM
I have watched the new Love Connection and it seems as fake as reality TV. Everything on the show seems a bit over the top from the stage set to the contestants.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 612
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 9:15:56 PM
Mustang, it depends who is doing the cooking. Italians always say to use the best ingredients, and let the ingredients shine. My ex-mil was a country cook, which meant German in her part of PA. She was not the best cook. The meat was very plain, liked boiled chicken legs, which explained my ex's penchant for ketchup. I never used ketchup, never bought a bottle till the ex came along.

CoolD, I watched a little of the first episodes of Love Connection. I was disappointed it isn't fashioned after the original. Yeah, the set is over the top and overly dramatic. It's ridiculous.

I liked Chris Kimball on Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen. He got booted from his own show, and started another one, Milk Street. The old show isn't good without him. His new show is still getting it's legs.

I also watch Patti's Mexican Table, and Lidia, Martha and It's a Chef's Life. I like watching Simply Ming too. I don't care much for Sara of Sara's Week Night Meals. I like Mike Collemeco's show, even though he's hard to look at on Mike Colameco's Real Food. He was a boxer that may have gotten punched in the face too many times.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 613
Posted: 3/25/2018 10:13:41 AM
Ah, now I know why you're such a nutzo. It's all the crap TV you watch.
 benartflick
Msg: 614
Posted: 3/25/2018 11:49:44 AM

, I watched a little of the first episodes of Love Connection. I was disappointed it isn't fashioned after the original.

NewYorker, with no intent I pissed off Chuck, the original host of L C. He went ballistic and I was told the incident was reported in the newspapers. It happened prior to taping one of his last L C episodes.

My gal and I were in the audience, center of 2nd row. After Chuck was introduced as being a happily married man with a bunch of kids he stopped in front of us. While scanning the audience he asked for questions. Apparently nobody had any so he stared down at me.

Immediately I recalled him hosting 'Wheel of Fortune' and saying he was married to Lt. Dish (instead of saying Jo Ann Pflug). Without thinking I asked, "Is Lt. Dish in the audience?" (Lt. Dish was the popular character Jo Ann played in the movie M*A*S*H.)

Chuck's face turned a bright red as he stared down at me, apparently he was very angry. He kinda shouted, "I have no idea who you're talking about, sir!"

I slumped down on my seat and murmured, "You're married to Jo Ann Pflug - aren't you?"

With each word Chuck jabbed his finger at me shouting, "My...wife's...name...is...Teri.. Nelson...Woolery!" After glaring at me for several seconds (similar to my mother-in-law) Chuck looked around the audience and grunted, "Are there any other questions?"

No hands and not a sound. Ya could hear a pin drop. Eventually he turned toward an opening between the curtains and said, "They won't let me forget the past." Then with a half-smile he said to me, "I was married to Jo Ann a long time ago. It didn't end well."
 badata
Msg: 615
Posted: 3/25/2018 12:00:06 PM
^^^^ Do you ever wonder Flick, why it is you never get along with anyone, you always fight with everyone, and the more you can offend somebody, the bigger of man it inexplicably makes you feel??? Didn't get along with your wife or mother in law, didn't get along with your coworkers, didn't get along with your child hood friends, didn't get along with your co-grand jurors, didn't get along with the prosecutor or Judge who had a hearing to determine if you should be held in contempt, didn't get along with your own lawyers or doctors, etc.

I'm curious, is there anybody in the world you actually ever got along with, somebody you liked and didn't criticize or have contempt for?

You wonder why you are alone? That I can tell you in four words: Look in the mirror.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 616
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 1:52:31 PM
That's a funny story, Ben!

Pig, you may be right. I was watching spareribs being prepared, and I heard them talking to me and saying, I want to bone you. For you, I'd say don't confuse your guitars for women, being they both have an hourglass figure with a hole in them☺
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 617
Posted: 3/25/2018 2:29:18 PM
"which meant German in her part of PA. She was not the best cook."

>>>My father was from Austria-Hungary and Czechoslovakia, so his favorite dish was boiled stuffed cabbage. Which is about as plain as starchy pierogis. My mother was English, and some of their favored dishes could use...ketchup, too :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 618
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 3:15:22 PM
I've never had stuffed cabbage, but do know how popular it is with that region of the world. Yeah, England hasn't been known for their food. I opened my ex's palate up so much so that he backed off of ketchup. People say let others eat the way they want, but no way am I allowing ketchup on something like chicken picatta or Cordon Bleu. What's funny is that his mom didn't cook plain meat right. That got flipped and stabbed until there was no liquid left in them, so everything was dry and overcooked. God forbid she should let the meat sit to redistribute juices.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 619
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 3:49:26 PM
Some of us plain folk LOVE ketchup! No one has dared come between me and my ketchup!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 620
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 4:08:06 PM
It really has been used to cover up bad cooking. I've even used it on fries, and use it on the odd hamburger I may eat. I use lemon on steak. No other uses for ketchup for me, especially with most foods having their own sauce/gravy (like Swedish meatballs) or au jus. I had a roast beef place by me in Brooklyn that dipped roast beef in au jus, put it on a roll, then dipped the entire thing in au jus. No putting ketchup on that. Growing up, roast beef we had, we made roast beef gravy. Ketchup can't compete with that. Moist roast chicken, don't want to cover that up. It's funny that I'm not a big meat eater, yet don't look to cover it up with ketchup like more prolific meat eaters.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 621
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 5:25:39 PM
"There probably isn't a more American condiment than ketchup. Millions of Americans douse their french fries, hamburgers, hot dogs and other favorite foods with it every day. The ubiquitous tomato-based sauce has been a staple in American cuisine for over a century, with surveys finding that 97% of kitchens in the United States contain a bottle."

Imagine that..............

Here are some of the things you never knew tomato ketchup could do:
Shine copper and silverware with ketchup
Use ketchup to correct green highlights in bleached hair
Create homemade kid’s paint with ketchup bottles
Put pancake mix in a ketchup bottle
Use a ketchup bottle as cake and cupcake topper
Attach a ketchup top to vacuum and clean your keyboard
More ....Imagine that..............
 daynadaze
Msg: 622
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 5:41:56 PM
I don't get my self-worth from using or not using ketchup, I put it on whatever I want. :D
 NewYorker58
Msg: 623
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 7:37:26 PM
Those are strange uses for ketchup and the bottle. I had read it's beginnings were actually Asian or an Asian version. I didn't grow up with ketchup, so for me, it doesn't go on steak, just burgers. What tastes good to me on a steak is lemon or Maggi's Seasoning. A steak house I frequented in NY had a tasty au jus, come to find out it was au jus with Maggi's in it. Add fries to that with the sauce and it's nirvana. It has other uses on all meats, in stews and soup.

https://www.amazon.com/Maggi-Seasoning-27-Ounce-800ml/dp/B00P2ONIZ8/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1522031533&sr=1-3&keywords=maggi+seasonings
 backcreek7
Msg: 624
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 7:42:30 PM

ketchup has been used to cover up bad cooking

^^^ ahhhh, another one of its many wonderful uses ....
( dips fry & chomps down, like yum !! )
 Sandbyday
Msg: 625
Posted: 3/26/2018 6:52:20 PM
Out of all of them I like the mad scientist the best.
Good Eats host Alton Brown.
But then I'm a chef myself and like the explanations of the chemical reactions and how it all relates.
Don't think his show is even to date anymore.

Emeril Lagasse sold his name for 90 million or whatever it was so has limited use of his brand.

Ray turned into a talk show host who knows how to cook. Just like Ellen. The best female comedienne of all time until being used by the networks to further an agenda.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.