Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 626
Post your unpopular opinions herePage 26 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
in my unpopular opinion, ketchup has its place. I liked ketchup on fries until one fair season I was offered malt vinegar and sea salt. At a picnic, i'll take ketchup to flavor a well-done hockey puck unless they have A1 sauce or BBQ. A slab of beefsteak tomato to replace the taste of ketchup would be fine, too.

As for the people who sell their names for profit...i'm not a fan of doing it, but I understand perfectly why. If you have 15 minutes of fame, it makes economic sense to cash in on it while you still can. Haven't watched a talk show since Phil Donahue, tho. I'm told Oprah brought up good subjects, but in the negative column she inflicted the world with Dr. Phil and Oz.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 627
Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 3/27/2018 7:59:21 AM
Oprah is a piece of shit. Years ago, when she was in Paris, she approached a store that had closed for the day and tried to get them to open to let her shop. When they didn't, what did she do?? Slammed them publicly and cried racism.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 628
Posted: 3/27/2018 8:23:41 AM
I remember some blurb about Micheal Jackson shopping after hours, to avoid adoring fans? I guess they all now have online shopping to get around it. but to cheapen the racism card, yeah, save that for when its really happening, or face the "boy who cried wolf" issue. there's plenty of real racism going on.

i'm sure the conservs loved it, any time the French get bashed :)
 daynadaze
Msg: 629
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 9:13:14 AM
Yes, it's been common for stores to allow celebrities to shop when the store is closed. That story sounds a bit off, but who knows.
 cooldog65
Msg: 630
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 9:41:13 AM

in my unpopular opinion, ketchup has its place.

Ketchup has no place in my life. When I order in the drive-thru, I always request they strip all of the sauce (ketchup, mayo, mustard) off. I'll substitute Siracha (If mild) or salsa instead.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 631
Posted: 3/27/2018 9:43:51 AM
I think Oprah is racist. She made some statements implying that in order for racism to come to an end, old white people had to die.
 chameleonf
Msg: 632
Posted: 3/27/2018 9:55:07 AM
^ It would appear that way when taken out of context. For instance, Fact Check shows how it was taken out of context and then repeated as happens when people "play telephone" . https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oprah-winfrey-old-white-people-have-to-die/
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 633
Posted: 3/27/2018 10:06:33 AM

I remember some blurb about Micheal Jackson shopping after hours, to avoid adoring fans? I guess they all now have online shopping to get around it. but to cheapen the racism card, yeah, save that for when its really happening, or face the "boy who cried wolf" issue. there's plenty of real racism going on.

Oprah claimed she saw "other people" in the store shopping after they had closed. Those "other people" she thought were shopping were actually staff members setting up for a private public relations event. Oprah never apologized for the mistake and for tearing them apart in the media.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 634
Posted: 3/27/2018 10:39:13 AM

It would appear that way when taken out of context. For instance, Fact Check shows how it was taken out of context and then repeated as happens when people "play telephone" . https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oprah-winfrey-old-white-people-have-to-die

Here's her video. You can draw your own conclusions, but my opinion of her still stands:

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/premature-o-gasm-video-emerges-of-oprah-wishing-for-old-white-people-to-die/
 browneyesboo
Msg: 635
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 11:15:04 AM
I work at a bookstore and I'm not a super fan of Harry Potter.
I hate Nicholas Sparks and John Green books.
I think most of the popular award winning books are sucky galore.
It's like a death sentence if you say that out loud while working.
 topplata
Msg: 636
Posted: 3/27/2018 1:23:59 PM

Oprah claimed she saw "other people" in the store shopping after they had closed. Those "other people" she thought were shopping were actually staff members setting up for a private public relations event. Oprah never apologized for the mistake and for tearing them apart in the media.

So what. Oprah was born poor and undoubtedly has been stung with racism against her and her family... if she is hypersensitive to it, why do you care? The store explained itself... maybe Oprah did apologize and it simply wasn't covered by the media.
 KPOL52
Msg: 637
Posted: 3/27/2018 2:30:24 PM
Any Fish member can post a "response" in any Forum. <<< Not an opinion.

However, quite a few - per their posting history - are very poorly qualified to be giving "advice" in the Relationship or Dating Forums as well as the Help Forum. The misinformed leading the blind is never a good idea.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 638
Posted: 3/27/2018 2:33:11 PM

So what. Oprah was born poor and undoubtedly has been stung with racism against her and her family... if she is hypersensitive to it, why do you care? The store explained itself... maybe Oprah did apologize and it simply wasn't covered by the media.

Why do I care about false claims of racism? Are you f*cking kidding me? Because I have to actually live in the same world as people who are influenced by her sorry ass.

Furthermore, she did *not* apologize. "Mistake" was my word. She never admitted to making the "mistake". You know what she *did* do, though? She had the CEO of the company on her show apologizing profusely, kissing her royal feet, for not being in a position at the time to accommodate her.

Absolutely sickening. Someone needs to tell her celebrity after hour shopping is a perk, not a right.
 ja6425
Msg: 639
Posted: 3/27/2018 3:24:12 PM
Oprah definitely sounds racist. The Paris incident was legit as far as the store closed and the security person even gave her a card and said come back tomorrow when the store was open. All this is confirmed by security footage.

The "fact check" that was posted above isn't fact at all. And the poster above that says that Oprah should have a "pass" if she is "sensitive" to things, that right there is the beginning of what is wrong in the world today.

The CEO that "apologized" to Oprah was ridiculous as what the store did , they did absolutely nothing wrong. But sounds like he definitely was kissing a$$ when none should have been kissed.
 topplata
Msg: 640
Posted: 3/27/2018 4:17:29 PM

The "fact check" that was posted above isn't fact at all. And the poster above that says that Oprah should have a "pass" if she is "sensitive" to things, that right there is the beginning of what is wrong in the world today.

I think you have to recognize what people have been through in their lives so you can understand their circumstances. If a black woman experienced a lot of anti-black sentiment as a youth.... then yea... I understand their being hypersensitive to racism. If you don't get that...sorry. Oprah may be highly successful, but she is still a black woman, a woman who has trouble with her weight, a woman not very good looking and a woman who probably will always live with the insecurities and sensitivities she developed as a child.

The problem with you conservatives is you give no allowance for any deviation from what you believe a person should be......except in the case of Trump. In Trump's case, his deviation from all decent standards customary in a civilized society is for some reason acceptable to you. The Hypocrisy in your movement knows few limits.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 641
Posted: 3/27/2018 5:07:40 PM

The problem with you conservatives

Who the f*ck are you calling a conservative?

I don't care WHAT one has been through, it doesn't entitle them to make false claims. It takes a real dumb shit to suggest it does.
 topplata
Msg: 642
Posted: 3/27/2018 5:28:29 PM
I was referring to John not you pig. Since you don't participate in the political forums, I have no idea what's your political positions are or not.

MachIMustangII
Msg: 643
Posted: 3/27/2018 5:34:44 PM
it all sounds like there could be a lot to the story.

"Winfrey said she was in town for Tina Turner’s wedding last month and stopped in the posh Trois Pommes boutique where she asked a clerk to see a $38,000 Tom Ford bag behind a glass case."

>>>perhaps the billionaire wanted to grab one last accessory for the wedding, who knows.

"“She says, ‘No, it’s too expensive,’” Winfrey said....“She said, ‘No, no, no you want to see this one because that one will cost too much. You won’t be able to afford that one.’”
"“I could have had the big blow up thing and thrown down the black card but why do that,” Winfrey said during the interview to publicize her new movie, “Lee Daniels' The Butler.”
"But the shop’s owner told Reuters the flap was all a big misunderstanding caused by the clerk’s imperfect English.
"This is an absolute classic misunderstanding," owner Trudie Goetz, who also attended Turner’s wedding, told the news agency, suggesting that her employee had been trying to give Winfrey multiple options."
"On Friday, Winfrey tweeted she probably wouldn’t have bought the bag anyway: “Turns out that store clerk did me a favor. Just found out that bag was $38K!!! She was right I was NOT going to buy."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/oprah-winfrey-brush-racism-sparks-international-incident-article-1.1422325

>>>maybe its one of those stories with many versions but there's the truth inside somewhere. Personally I think Dr.s Phil and Oz are likely enough to turn one's nose up at her, they seem to be about as quacky as Dr. Laura.
 ja6425
Msg: 644
Posted: 3/27/2018 6:02:29 PM
"I was referring to John not you pig. Since you don't participate in the political forums, I have no idea what's your political positions are or not."

So pig has a different opinion as yours and since he does, you label him. Check up on some liberals that would agree with me, political party doesn't matter at all but your post is very "typical"

The Hermes Paris shop was closed and security asked Oprah to come back the next day, security footage supports this. But Oprah uses the black card and the racist card that so many liberals, even some in here use.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 645
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 8:25:13 PM
I saw it all, both scenarios when they happened. She was out of line, feeling entitled, like she could do anything she wants to do, much like people were saying about Trump and his comment to Billy Bush, but when Oprah does it, it's okay.

Nothing taken out of context, she said old people had to die first. How much more racist can you be? She tries to make believe she's enlightened, but she's a racist. Not all old people are racist, and not all young people aren't racist. Her statement was irresponsible since so many people are Oprah boot lickers.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 646
Posted: 3/28/2018 5:51:26 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/oprah-winfrey-brush-racism-sparks-international-incident-article-1.1422325

maybe its one of those stories with many versions but there's the truth inside somewhere. Personally I think Dr.s Phil and Oz are likely enough to turn one's nose up at her, they seem to be about as quacky as Dr. Laura.

The article is about a completely different incident.

Since you don't participate in the political forums

You're right. I don't. It's politics. It's like watching people huddling over a litter box and fighting over which turd smells the best.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 647
Posted: 3/28/2018 6:13:14 AM
"the article is about a completely different incident"

>>>so Oprah got denied more than once? Well, if so, that does sound like there's a common element somewhere.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 648
Posted: 3/28/2018 7:55:50 AM
Well, that element was irrefutably proven *not* to be racism in the Paris incident. The video corroborated the store's claim 100%. As for the other incident, the store claims there was a misunderstanding based on language differences. Who knows? There was nothing that could verify it either way in this case.

We have enough racial issues in this country without people like her doing their damnedest to fan the flames.
 factata
Msg: 649
Posted: 3/28/2018 10:41:08 AM

So pig has a different opinion as yours and since he does, you label him. Check up on some liberals that would agree with me, political party doesn't matter at all but your post is very "typical"

Don't become nonsensical on me now John....the whole point is I have not labeled Pig in the least. I know nothing about his viewpoints to label him. And what the heck does it mean to say "political party doesn't matter at all"...sure it does. Granted there is a spectrum of view points in any political party, but if you are a Republican Trump supporter, it says a hell of a lot about you.....especially if you are a Trump Supporter right down the line.

But look, I still thing GWB was a worse President than Trump....unless and until Trump gets us into another war... especially given his latest NSA...who wants a war with NK as well as Iran. If trump can make peace with NK and get us the hell of the Korean Peninsula... I will give him lots of Kudos. If instead he starts a nuclear war with NK... than he will be by far the worst President in the history of the World.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 650
Posted: 3/29/2018 11:19:46 PM
The Oprah incident reminded me of an evening way back when involving a celebrity retail shopping and their self imposed entitlement.

I was closing a jewelry store that I worked at one night and had the doors locked with a couple million dollars worth out of the usually locked cases ready to put in the safe. Courtney Love came banging on the locked door demanding to open so she could make a purchase. I told her to hit the bricks. When she took a couple steps back and demonstrably said do I look like I have a gun on me? that immediately ended the muffled conversation through the glass. If I would have deduced that she wanted a $50,000 necklace, I would have gladly put everything in the safe and locked it, let her in, and locked the doors behind her. Thinking back she probably just wanted a $25 sterling silver pendant with our signature logo. Once a firearm was mentioned with 2 million in inventory on top of the cases, any and all decorum was out the window.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.