Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumfairy
Msg: 676
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions herePage 28 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)

Yes he's let " loose " from the noose , that kept him hangin' around ...
..... He was lookin' at the sky, and it was gettin' him high ...
..... Forget the hearse, cause he ain't never gonna die " ...

..... He has nine lives, Cats eyes ~ cruisin' every woman , never wonderin' why ...
( tribute lyrics by Angus ~ for Pig & Bon )

hopefully, sir pig will be BACK soon ~ then he'll be BACK IN BLACK ...
so says > AC / DC turn it up ^

way the f up !!! col

Oh Brother, not again! You've got it bad, don't you? Why don't you just get a room already
 backcreek7
Msg: 677
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 4/3/2018 9:25:41 AM
^^^
ms. fairy ~ the closet door is open, you are free to come out now ~
^^^ col

Yeah , good styx song mach1 / mustang2 ... speaking of a hangman, coming down from the gallows -
Got a song that dates me sir, twas 1965 ~ a band member, living literally next door to me. A group called " The Hangmen " ....

I was " going steady " with Barbara Daly, sister of a member of the group ...
take a listen my friend, tell me what you think ( Monument label )

*lyrics - " Do you think I care, if you leave or stay girl? I couldn't care less, that's the way I'm made ...
................ I ain't gonna cry if you leave me flat ( which she did, col ) cause there ain't no woman that's worth all that "

WHAT A GIRL CAN'T DO by the Hangmen
give it a listen, my friend &

> turn it up ^ like clockwise man :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 678
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 4:42:21 PM
^^^^^man-love. You should have told pig when you had the chance.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 679
Posted: 4/5/2018 12:08:38 AM

what proof do you have that she only wanted a 25.00 piece of what you think is cheap jewelry?

I don't need to prove anything to anyone here.

What did your employer think of this whole thing?

What do you care or even know if I told my employer?

Did you call the police?

No. Why?

It's not like ahe was ordering from some company and using the post office as their delivery boy.]

OK fine.

Poor old Trump was left alone again with access to a computer.

WTF does this even mean?
 backcreek7
Msg: 680
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 6:42:01 PM
... Ain't Baseball Great ?

... It's cool > the beginning of spring, baseball has started & I love my Washington Nationals !!!!!! Back in my youth ~ like 50 years ago, my hometeam was the Washington Senators. I watched their games, traded & collected / bought - baseball cards. I would put the good ones in an awesome notebook & used the others as noisemakers, clothespinned to the front wheels of my bike. Was I cool or what ? ? .... Umm > Neveryoumind, don't answer that, col.

... Think of the great example it is for our kids, good wholesome entertainment ... And live ( hotdogs, the crowd cheering, soda, the whole experience of baseball ) it follows you throughout your life. Young girls & boys goin' crazy, havin' the absolute time of their lives. It really does become a huge part of our kids life, gives them something to look forward to. Many find they want to play the sport themselves, this is also ~ awesome deluxe !

... OK nuff said, gonna watch my Nats now ~ turn the tv volume down, stereo volume up ^ ... kick back & enjoy
... Oh yeah, Ain't Baseball Great ??? Yippee Ty Hee, col !!! < ( had too throw that in, col )

ok ok ~ I won't suggest anyone play the song " Center Field " by John Foggerty ... Nope ain'tagonnadoit, and that's that !
 cooldog65
Msg: 681
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 4:11:50 AM
Thanks to the internet, almost anything is oversaturated. I'm not as easily impressed as I once was.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 682
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 9:57:12 AM
@halcyon skies:

Here's her video. You can draw your own conclusions, but my opinion of her still stands:

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/premature-o-gasm-video-emerges-of-oprah-wishing-for-old-white-people-to-die/

I've a degree in history, and I'm looking at this from that perspective. I watched the video, and I think she's absolutely correct. First - she never said old white people have to die. She said "they" have to die, referring to the people who grew up steeped in racism. That's a big difference.

When you have something - good or bad - so deeply entrenched into a culture or society, the only way to get rid of it is via generational change. And that doesn't happen until the generation in question is no longer around - that is, they have to die.

It does NOT mean you're advocating killing or violence - it's simply a recognition that some change happens slowly over time, on a generational time scale, and you can't really progress till the previous generation is no long around.

It wasn't racist. It wasn't inciting, or a call to arms. It was simply a very astute observation from somebody who''s pretty obviously taken a very good, hard look at the issue and applied some context.
 sussex11
Msg: 683
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 6/18/2018 9:43:54 AM
One thing: forum's! Where everyone has an opinion like an a--hole. Some information should just not be tolerated or excepted or debated. That's my opinion.
 datata
Msg: 684
Posted: 6/18/2018 10:20:54 AM
^^^Well the problem is that you have some pretty horrible people here...some of them have been allowed to post here forever with all sorts of hateful opinions, although recently a few were finally, after years, deleted.......but the First Amendment gives them the right to hate speech....leftists here accept all sorts of hate speech if it is directed against those or things they don't like... so that speech will always be "accepted" by leftists...its only when people say things the leftists don't like that those people generally disappear.

At any rate...if you had an opinion that was not popular, I kind of doubt you would like your opinion being quashed. Its always the other person's opinions that justifies being quashed.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 694
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:08:36 AM
There does come a time when an article appears in the media that brings a chuckle. Now i know some on here claim to be 'progressives' so do yous said folk welcome the ban mentioned below?

Maybe whoever al kebab are fighting at the moment should grasp the moment and drop millions of plastic bags in the 'war against terror'................

"Terrorist group al-Shabaab bans single-use plastic bags in Somalia

Al Qaeda-backed terrorist group al-Shabaab has banned the use of plastic bags saying they "pose a serious threat to humans and animals".

Over the years, al-Shabaab, a terrorist group in East Africa that has pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda, has banned music, cinemas, satellite dishes and humanitarian organsations.

This week, they added a new item to the prohibited list: plastic bags.

Residents of areas controlled by the terrorist group, which operates out of Somalia, will no longer be able to use plastic bags, out of respect for the environment.

The announcement — by a group better known for suicide attacks that have killed and maimed thousands — prompted a flurry of mocking memes on the internet, some calling al-Shabaab the first eco-friendly terrorist organisation."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/terrorist-group-al-shabaab-bans-single-use-plastic-bags-in-somalia
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 695
Posted: 7/6/2018 2:03:57 PM
They wish to save all that plastic for their brand of sex dolls for their troops. You've heard of the shishkabob sex doll, haven't you?

it blows itself up.

on a more serious note, they aren't the first eco-terrorist, we had one here setting SUVs at dealerships on fire, the Earth Liberation Front.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 696
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 9:52:34 AM
Here yous yanks, canucks and ozzie types i posted this on the uk forum but as it includes a sherman as part of the story ive posted here as well.

Chapster replied on the uk site and said he had a lump in his throat after reading the story. Its beltin folks...........

"How DID the elephants we adopted know my husband had suddenly died? Book sheds amazing new light on the profound relationship between man and beast

A year after the elephants arrived, we tried to rescue a fourth female. We’d been alerted to her plight by Dr Marion Garaï, a researcher who has studied elephants for more than 30 years.

This particular one was aged 12. She’d been part of a group of seven orphans, but her owner had got fed up with them and dumped them on various reserves. To Marion’s horror, she discovered that the young elephant had been alone for a whole year — which is comparable to abandoning a 12-year-old human child.

What happened next was shameful: before we could do anything, her owner had auctioned her to the highest bidder, an American hunter.

‘Apparently the hunter’s in a wheelchair, so I suppose a frightened young elephant without a herd to protect her is the only way he’s going to get his trophy,’ said Marion bitterly.

We were devastated.

Here was a young elephant who’d lost her family, not once but twice, who’d been shifted from one reserve to another and condemned to a solitary miserable life — and now her beautiful face was going to end up above some American’s fireplace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5952375/Book-sheds-amazing-new-light-profound-relationship-man-beast.html
Submit

Vvvvv
Ah but i did say a sherman was involved did i not? And the implication i made was that yous canucks and ozzies might enjoy giving the shermans a good shoeing.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 697
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 9:58:08 AM
@vlad:

[Here yous yanks, canucks and ozzie types i posted this on the uk forum but as it includes a sherman as part of the story ive posted here as well.

You do realise that us Canucks appreciate being lumped in with "Shermans" about as much as you would appreciate being called English, right?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 698
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 11:42:13 AM
There is a memorial stone and statue of Wojtek in Princes Street Gardens in Edinburgh. He survived WW11 and died in Edinburgh............

"Wojtek (1942–1963; Polish pronunciation: [ˈvɔjtɛk]; in English, sometimes spelled Voytek and so pronounced) was a Syrian brown bear purchased, as a young cub, at a railway station in Hamadan, Iran, by Polish II Corps soldiers who had been evacuated from the Soviet Union. In order to provide for his rations and transportation, he was eventually enlisted officially as a soldier with the rank of private, and was subsequently promoted to corporal.[1"

Wojtek

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZT62Gbb3iE

There is also a memorial to shermanlands version of Greyfriars Bobby. The wee dug who sat on his master grave until he died as well.

The sherman dug was called bum..........

It was beginning to look as though a monument to San Diego's most famous dog, Bum, might just live up its namesake and wind up homeless.
The statue honouring the three-legged crossbreed was to be given a spot close to the memorial for Greyfriars Bobby.

The dog is seen as an important link between Edinburgh and San Diego, which were twinned in 1978. The American dog's story is similar to that of Edinburgh's most famous pooch.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/statue-of-a-dog-called-bum-finally-finds-a-place-to-sit-1-1255541
 N2U18
Msg: 699
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 1:37:04 PM
I did see that article in the dailymail and it was touching. Although, there is a brief concern of an American Individual in the story, it did remind me of the Two Elephant Sanctuary’s we have in America.

The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
https://www.elephants.com/

Performing Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) in California
http://www.pawsweb.org/index.html

The most important thing to remember when you travel is what and where you spend your tourist dollars. Lek Chailert of the “Save Elephant Foundation” is an Amazing Woman and an example of where your tourist dollars should be spent.

https://www.saveelephant.org/elephant-nature-park/

Several videos on YouTube but this one is so cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-_J3v6FX0&list=WL&index=9&t=0s
 427cammer
Msg: 700
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 8:20:10 PM
Vlad:

And the implication i made was that yous canucks and ozzies might enjoy giving the shermans a good shoeing.

Well that's certainly what us Canadians like to do. Our news tells us that we're much smarter than Americans... and now, after the election of Trump, they're telling it to us just that much more often. How a Canadian, upon review of what WE elected, could feel superior to anybody is a mystery to me.

...but that's how the world works. There is an awful lot of Canadians who love being smug about how bigoted we are not.... unlike all those slow witted and racist Yanks to the south of us.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.