Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 701
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here. Page 29 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
A partial list of modern nonpolitical things I dislike that get too much publicity:

Netflix
Twitter
Snapchat filters
SNL
Carpool Karaoke
Fidget spinners (ideally their 15 minutes are over)
Game of Thrones
The dozens of TV shows featuring Gordon Ramsey
Blackish
Empire
Pumpkin spice
Cop lip sync
Restaurants getting free publicity: Chick Fil-A, Ihop, etc
British royal family
Groupon
Apple / Siri
Kardashians / Kanye
The Bachelor(ette)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 702
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 7/20/2018 7:40:40 AM
Remember all the shenanigans when bruce jenner said he was a wummin? You must remember him. He used to try on his lassies clothes.

I'm with sherman comedian dave chappele who said bruce jenner can call himself what he wants. But i dont have to buy into his illusion.

Then we had feminist germaine greer banned from speaking in university debates because she said a geezer dressed as a wummin is just that. A man dressing up.

Then this wee story where a man dressed as a woman beat up a feminist pensioner because the pensioner correctly stated that the accused was a man dressed as a woman.............

"Transgender activist Tara Wolf fined £150 for assaulting 'exclusionary' radical feminist in Hyde Park

She admitted posting on Facebook ahead of the event: "I wanna f*** up some terfs ('trans-exclusionary radical feminists'). They're no better than fash (fascists)."

She referred to the opposing group as "Terfs", which Ms Maclachlan said was an abusive term.

"It was notable that when I asked Ms Maclachlan to refer to Ms Wolf as 'she', she did so with bad grace - having asked her to do so she continued to refer to Ms Wolf as 'he' and 'him'"."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/transgender-activist-tara-wolf-fined-150-for-assaulting-exclusionary-radical-feminist-in-hyde-park-a3813856.html

It was most amusing that the judge ordered a woman to call a man dressed as a woman by a womans name.

But the madness of identity politics has really scaled new heights with thus story below............

"Transgender prisoner ‘sexually assaulted female inmates’ days after being jailed.

A transgender prisoner is accused of sexually assaulting four female inmated at a West Yorkshire prison days after she was jailed.

The first alleged attack is said to have taken place within a week of her arrival at New Hall jail in Wakefield. She had not yet had gender reassignment surgery when she was jailed in the women’s prison, according to a report in The Sun.

But one of her alleged victims, who she is said to have become friends with, claims she stood next to her, touching her arm while her erect penis was visible from the top of her trousers."

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/18/transgender-prisoner-sexually-assaulted-female-inmates-days-jailed-7728870/?ito=cbshare

So progressives got their way and a man who said he was a woman got jailed in a real womans jail.

And also well done progressives because of YOUS a rapist had THE RIGHT to be put amongst vulnerable lassies.

"Transgender rapist's segregation in women’s prison ‘not due to sexual advances on inmates’

Jessica Winfield, 50, formerly Martin Ponting, was jailed in 1995 for an attack on two girls."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/transgender-rapist-womens-prison-segregation-sexual-advances-inmates-sexual-assualt-a7932866.html

No wonder normal folk just laugh at yous lol. It would be comedy gold but because of yous citizens are being assaulted and sexually assaulted and all because of identity politics.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 703
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 8:42:01 AM
And then liberals want to put those men in bathrooms where women and children are most vulnerable. Liberals think let's worry about the transgender and let the women and children fend for themselves.
 from site to sight
Msg: 704
Posted: 7/20/2018 9:12:01 AM
" Liberals think let's worry about the transgender and let the women and children fend for themselves."

Do you mean like Trump and the Repugs who take children away from their parents and house them in cages?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 705
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 9:20:18 AM
So where was the outcry when the saintly obama done the same? Or were those 'different' types of folk in cages?...............

"Trump’s attack on "Democrats" is broad here, it is nonetheless accurate. We rate this claim True.

President Donald Trump went on offense against Democrats after liberals attacked the Trump administration’s policy on child migrants. Trump said the Democrats were sharing a photo of detained children from 2014 during President Barack Obama’s presidency.

"Democrats mistakenly tweet 2014 pictures from Obama’s term showing children from the Border in steel cages," Trump tweeted May 29. "They thought it was recent pictures in order to make us look bad, but backfires. Dems must agree to Wall and new Border Protection for good of country...Bipartisan Bill!"

Trump’s tweet is accurate. One of the Democrats who shared the photo was Jon Favreau, a former Obama speechwriter.

Favreau, who has one million followers on Twitter, tweeted on May 27: "Look at these pictures. This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/may/29/donald-trump/trump-correctly-tweets-democrats-mistakenly-tweete/
 NewYorker58
Msg: 706
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 9:33:52 AM
Tweeted and re-tweeted, by the masses, then these people scurried to remove those tweets once they realized it was from what Obama ordered , the president that deported more immigrants than any other president.
 daynadaze
Msg: 707
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 9:46:30 AM
Transgender people using the restroom of their choice is nothing, nada, what you are missing is that you are speaking about pedophiles/sexual abusers. One has nothing to do with the other. Liberals are protecting innocent people who are being harmed by bigots and racists, we are not trying to protect real criminals. There is a huge difference and spewing lies and hate will never change that fact.
 chameleonf
Msg: 708
Posted: 7/20/2018 10:27:00 AM
^Exactly. I'd wager to say there are already a phenomenal number of transgendered individuals already using washrooms who look and act more feminine or male than some of the fear mongering bigots in these very forums and elsewhere who go totally unnoticed because they are using said washrooms for the sole purpose of what they are designed for. More effort and fear should be directed at the 60% of adult individuals who commit sexual assault who aren't even strangers to those they commit the offenses against. It's like the fear is some form of projection.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 709
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 10:48:28 AM
Disgusting, men dressing up and sneaking into the ladies room! You don't see anything wrong with that? They're men! Even those that cut their junk off are still men, very confused men that sometimes want their junk back with reversal surgery. They need to sort out their mental issues. So if a man thinks he's a woman, he can use the ladies room? See nothing wrong with that logic? I'm not saying they're all preying on women and children, but libs want to give them full reign to do so by placing them where women and children are vulnerable. What a laugh, though, like you wouldn't RUN into a ladies room where your small female grandchild is if you saw a man go in behind her. Oh, please!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 710
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 10:48:39 AM
"Liberals are protecting innocent people who are being harmed by bigots and racists, we are not trying to protect real criminals. There is a huge difference and spewing lies and hate will never change that fact"

Liberals also put a man convicted of sexual crimes against women into a womans jail where he committed sexual assaults against other vulnerable woman.

Why?

Because HE said he was a woman (although he is a man)............

"^Exactly. I'd wager to say there are already a phenomenal number of transgendered individuals already using washrooms who look and act more feminine or male than some of the fear mongering bigots in these very forums and elsewhere who go totally unnoticed because they are using said washrooms for the sole purpose of what they are designed for."

Eh?...............

"More effort and fear should be directed at the 60% of adult individuals who commit sexual assault who aren't even strangers to those they commit the offenses against. It's like the fear is some form of projection."

Agree with that. So how does putting a male sex offender into a jail full of vulnerable lassies help in that respect?

And a nice shiny new word for all yous folks on here...........

"But Lily Madigan, the first trans person to be a women’s officer for Labour, tweeted: “Make no mistake, this is transmisogynistic fear mongering.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6823069/labour-activist-remarks-transgender-exclusive/
 chameleonf
Msg: 711
Posted: 7/20/2018 12:44:44 PM

Agree with that. So how does putting a male sex offender into a jail full of vulnerable lassies help in that respect?

That's a separate topic, just like allowing a female sex offender in a classroom full of vulnerable teen boys has nothing to do with transgendered, non-sexual criminals using washrooms.

Disgusting, men dressing up and sneaking into the ladies room! You don't see anything wrong with that?

You better not allow boys to go to public washrooms either then, as they're more likely to be accosted by a straight "looking" married man whose schtick is male pedophilia.

Just admit you are a bigot. Unless you are in the habit of disrobing in front of everyone in a washroom where there's a transgendered individual, you're as at much risk of being a female and attacked by a dyke lesbian in a washroom. Not to mention, most transgendered, for whatever reason, are still attracted to their own birth sex.

https://mic.com/articles/114066/statistics-show-exactly-how-many-times-trans-people-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.JNBDmUtlW Yup, that's right...NONE!

BOO!
 MsMicki
Msg: 712
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 1:10:28 PM
I am far more fearful of the junkies that hang in public bathrooms than I am of a man in a woman's dress that just wants to Pee!!

I will never understand the claim that a transgender is automatically a predator....when there is substantial proof to the contrary!!

The paranoia is ridiculous...
when the reality is the transgender has far more to fear from bigots than a grown ass woman does from a transgender!!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 713
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 1:11:22 PM
"Agree with that. So how does putting a male sex offender into a jail full of vulnerable lassies help in that respect?

That's a separate topic, just like allowing a female sex offender in a classroom full of vulnerable teen boys has nothing to do with transgendered, non-sexual criminals using washrooms."

How is it a seperate topic? I never mentioned men dressed as women using female toilets. Although i can see a substantial amount of citizens being unhappy if a man dressed as a woman went into a toilet where their children were.

And the case i quoted. A convicted male sex offender. So the convicted male sex offender now claims to be a woman. Should he have the right to go into womens toilets then?

Again here is what happened.

A convicted male sex offender was jailed in a womans prison because he said he was female.

Once he was incarcerated in a womans jail he sexually assaulted vulnerable female prisoners.

So what does a female sex offender and schoolchildren have to do with it? Unless she was claiming to be a male teacher.

And if she did claim to be male should she be incarcerated in a male prison? And if she said she was a man does that mean she can stand at the urinal are piss in it?

I don't to be honest see what point you are trying to make.

But to clarify. What is your view on a convicted male sex attacker being put in a womens jail because he said he is a woman?

MsMiki
So what is your view on a convicted male sex attacker being jailed in a woman's prison because he says he is a woman?

Where he committed more sexual assaults.

Does his 'right' to say he is a woman mean the safety of vulnerable lassies in prison takes second place?
 MsMicki
Msg: 714
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 1:27:50 PM
I think the persons that put a man that assaulted women into a women's jail.....should be convicted of aiding and abetting the crimes that took place!!
I don't care what that man identified as....
it was like putting a kid in a candy store...

now someone will come along and say that sex offenders now have the legal right to dress as a woman and go into women's bathrooms to assault women and children....
but that theory doesn't hold water for me......because a sex offender will go into that same public bathroom no matter what the law says.
Until you can prove to me that transgenders are going into bathrooms and assaulting women and children....you will not change my view.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 715
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 1:51:13 PM
"now someone will come along and say that sex offenders now have the legal right to dress as a woman and go into women's bathrooms to assault women and children....
but that theory doesn't hold water for me......because a sex offender will go into that same public bathroom no matter what the law says.
Until you can prove to me that transgenders are going into bathrooms and assaulting women and children....you will not change my view."

Aye but i never claimed anything in my original posts about toilets. I'll admit i wouldn't be too happy if a man dressed as a woman went into the female toilets if my grand daughters were in the toilet at the time.

As for the male sex offender in the woman's jail there is nothing anyone can do. Because he has the 'right' to be jailed in a woman's jail because under the law his 'right' supercedes the lassies in jail.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the trial. Will he be charged as a male sex attacker or a female sex attacker? Identity politics say he is a woman.
 chameleonf
Msg: 716
Posted: 7/20/2018 2:07:20 PM

But to clarify. What is your view on a convicted male sex attacker being put in a womens jail because he said he is a woman?

I'm not familiar with the case you are quoting, so my first question would be: was he also "saying" he was a woman at the time he was committing sexual assaults on women or did he just say so at the time he was being convicted? Regardless, if his predilection was as a male committing sexual offences on women or as a male committing sexual offences on men, he should likely be put in segregation/isolation in either scenario, whether it be in a male or female prison.

My reference to this being a different topic associated with transgendered individuals using public washrooms is the fact that in one instance bigots automatically treat transgendered individuals as sexual criminals who, because they are transgendered, automatically prey on people of the sex they are transgendered to as a guise to be able to more easily prey upon them. A criminal is a criminal, no matter what sex they identify with - your sexual identity does not make you a criminal. Because men commit the preponderance of criminal acts, no matter the type, does this mean that all men shouldn't be allowed in public because of a fear they may commit a crime, be it sexual or other?
 MsMicki
Msg: 717
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 2:36:34 PM
So I checked out the story of the transgender attacking 4 female prisoners...
not to diminish sexual assault...
but 1 attack was "he stood close to me and touched my arm" while the transgender had an erection -
1 attack was a kiss on the neck -
1 attack was verbal ~ inappropriate comments about oral sex -
the 4th "attack" was not described.

Do I think a man should be placed in a woman's prison.....NO
(At the moment transgender women can only legally change their gender on their birth certificate if they have been medically diagnosed with gender dysphoria and have lived as a woman for two years. This is the criteria most judges use in deciding if which prison they go to)

Do I think there has been far worse sexual attacks on women by other women in prison....Hell yes!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 718
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 3:05:26 PM
Here is more about martin ponting. Surely to christ nonsense like this has to be challenged?...........

"What kind of society puts a male rapist in a women’s prison? In what nation would it be considered acceptable to put a man convicted of raping two girls into an enclosed space with hundreds of women? In Britain. In 2017.

Incredibly, Martin Ponting, who was sentenced to life in 1995 for the rape of two girls under the age of 16, was recently moved to the all-women prison of Bronzefield in Surrey because he now identifies as a woman and goes by the name of Jessica Winfield.

To place a rapist among women because he claims to be a woman might prove to be the moment the cult of genderfludity crossed the line from irritating to psychotic.

Let’s be clear: it is wrong and cruel to make female prisoners live with a rapist. Whatever their crimes, women prisoners have a right to expect the utmost safety. These women should not be made to share their living quarters with someone serving a life sentence for committing serious crimes against young women.

But Ponting is still serving his sentence; he is still being punished; so we can assume he is still considered a threat, particularly to the kind of people he previously victimised: vulnerable females.

To put him among vulnerable women is to elevate his narcissistic identity play over the sense of safety of hundreds of women. It prizes his feelings over women’s security. It tells him — and society — that an individual’s personal fantasy now takes precedence over other people’s reality.

The pro-trans media’s response to the discussion of Ponting and his segregation at Bronzefield has been extraordinary.

Yet trans-sympathetic columnists have become irate, not at the placing of a rapist in a women’s prison, but at the tabloid press’s use of phrases like ‘transgender rapist’. That this is a statement of fact — Ponting is both transgender and a rapist — matters nothing to these policers of language for whom any expression of disrespect for the trans ideology is a despicable act of ‘transphobia’.

Some pro-trans observers have slammed the media for ‘deadnaming’ Ponting — that is, mentioning his old name, Martin Ponting, rather than solely using his new name, Jessica Winfield.

But Ponting / Winfield committed his crimes under that ‘dead’ name. Martin Ponting is on public record as having committed two rapes. The idea that we should erase that name to avoid offending his trans sensibilities is perverse: it erases matters of legal record; it memory-holes the name of a criminal.

To instruct the media never to mention the name ‘Martin Ponting’ is to engage in a victim-disrespecting act of Orwellian erasure. It once again elevates the eccentric sensitivities of one individual over the rights of everyone else: in this case the right of the public to know and speak about all the details of a crime.

Some commentators to accord more sympathy to Ponting than to women prisoners — to argue the corner of a rapist rather than women — speaks volumes about how unhinged the trans ideology has become.

It is time we asserted our right to opt out of trans people’s fantasies.

If a man wants to refer to himself as a woman, that is absolutely his business. But there is no reason the rest of us have to accept that he is a woman.

Society must uphold our freedom, not our feelings. So yes, a man has a right to say, ‘I am a woman’, but society is perfectly within its rights to say: ‘No, you are not.’ And it should say this more often. It is terrifying that nobody in a position of authority thought to say to Ponting: ‘Jessica, you are not a woman, and you will not be going to a women’s prison.’

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/a-rapist-in-a-womens-prison-society-has-lost-the-plot/20310#.W1JYOiPTVcs

MsMiki

Does it not strike you as odd that a prisoner in a womens jail got an erection?..............

"A transgender prisoner has been charged with committing four sexual offences against inmates at a women's jail in West Yorkshire.

The offences are alleged to have taken place between September and November last year.

She appeared before magistrates earlier this month and is due to appear at Leeds Crown Court in August.

Ministry of Justice (MoJ) guidance says in the "great majority" of cases transgender prisoners are allowed to "experience the system" in the gender in which they identify.

The department said there were "strict safeguards" to prevent abuse of the way transgender prisoners are managed, and attempts to undermine the system were rare.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44877856

And all the above shenanigans leads to this below.............

"British Transport Police are at present allowing some alleged criminals to self-identify as female when arrested. These alleged criminals are clearly not women as eye witnesses can testify. The crime is then recorded as a female crime and reported as such to the press.

Suspects should be required to validate their sex as claimed upon arrest and at interview stage and certainly before a crime is reported as female to the press.

Establishing the sexed nature of crime is utterly essential to preserving the validity of crime statistics which show that most violent crime is committed by males upon other males and that most violent crime committed upon females is committed by male.

If men can simply self-identity as female against any current legal provision then no crime statistics are relevant.

We call upon the Government to commit to ensuring that the British Police are aware of the legal requirements to establish the sex of suspects. We call upon the British Government to apply the laws currently in place.

https://feministlegal.org/category/transgenderism/
 vlad dracul
Msg: 719
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 8:01:59 PM
The questions i am posing, supported by provided links are pertinent. And i think they are worth debating. Some of yous are of the opinion that a guy who claims to be a woman then becomes a woman.

I am of the opinion that a guy who claims to be a woman is not a woman. He is a guy pretending to be a woman.
This was also in the press over here.............

"UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules.

The woman, who was assigned male at birth, had been told she had to wait she was 65 to make a claim.

The woman, named only as “MB” in court documents, had turned 60 in 2008 and applied for a state pension, which under British law women born before 1950 are entitled to from that age. Men born before 1953 become entitled at the age of 65.

MB was refused because she didn’t have a gender recognition certificate despite living as a woman since 1991.

Under the UK’s 2004 Gender Recognition Act, trans people acquired the right to formally change their gender by obtaining the certificate, but one could not be issued to MB because as a married person, she was required to have her marriage annulled on the basis of her gender change.

At the time, same-sex marriage was not legal in Britain but MB said she preferred to stay married to her wife “in the sight of God”.

Despite the laws affecting her circumstances having since changed in the meantime, with same-sex marriage becoming legal in 2014 and a full gender recognition certificate allowed with the consent of a spouse, the decision in MB’s case wasn’t overturned.

She decided to take legal action against the government, arguing that its approach to her case breached an EU directive on the equal treatment of men and women in matters of social security.

The court ruled on Tuesday that a person who has changed gender does not have to annul the marriage they entered into before the change in order to receive a pension."

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/uk-discriminated-against-transgender-woman-in-pension-dispute-eu-court-found_uk_5b3205dbe4b0cb56051bdb74

So anyone got a view on that? A male saying he is a woman gets to retire 5 years before other men. What would the outcome be if EVERY man claimed to be a woman and got to retire at 60?

So the points raised are thus

A man who raped two young girls and gets a life sentence in jail. He then claims to be a woman. He then gets put in the jail with real women. Many of who have probably been raped before in their lives.

Are his 'rights' more important than the lassies rights?

Another man gets jailed. He claims to be a woman. He gets put in a womans jail where he subsequently sexually assaults four lassies. Remember one of the lassies said he had an erect penis. To be honest i have never seen a woman with a penis before.

Are his 'rights' more important than the lassies rights?

Men claiming to be women who get arrested for an offence are marked down by the police as women. So crimes attributed to women rise. Unfairly though because it was a man dressed as a women who committed the crime.

Does anyone agree with that?

The man who raped the two bairns now has his conviction hidden away. Because as he now claims to be a woman and has a womans name technically his womens name is guilty of no crime.

Is that not an insult to his two young victims and to women in general?

And is it not a tad insulting and divisive allowing a man who claims to be a woman to retire early? What of lassies who are struggling to get by? And WHY should men who know they are men work 5 years longer than men who claim to be women?

All views on this are welcome. Hopefully we can get somewhere with a debate.
 chameleonf
Msg: 720
Posted: 7/20/2018 10:06:24 PM
To me, there is a difference between simply making a claim that one is transgendered to reap the benefits of the alternate gender and those totally living the life of one who is the alternate gender, both mentally and physically. Where it becomes tricky is when gender reassignment surgery is not affordable to make the transition entirely complete - as opposed to not having the desire to have reassignment surgery and thereby having one foot in each gender. Gender, in itself is defined as:

Gender refers to the attitudes, feelings, and behaviors that a given culture associates with a person’s biological sex. Behavior that is compatible with cultural expectations is referred to as gender-normative; behaviors that are viewed as incompatible with these expectations constitute gender non-conformity.

With respect to a man who is capable of penile rape and commits penile rape, I believe falls into being incompatible with the expectations which constitute the gender conformity of a female and, therefore, for the purposes of conviction should fall within the scope of being a male and the rapist should more properly defined as being a cross dresser, rather than transgendered. It would be like claiming you gave birth without having been pregnant. I also don't believe that any subsequent gender reassignment surgery should have the conviction hidden away any more than if a woman who was born female rapes another woman (or man) with an object should have a conviction hidden away.

With respect to the individual having lived as a transgendered female for 15 years from 1999 to 2014, having what would amount to a lesbian relationship with his wife and having an actual full gender recognition certificate being applicable, why wouldn't she be able to be afforded the same benefits of others who now don't have to annul their marriage? I very much doubt that EVERY man would live their life as a woman in order to obtain a pension at age 60 rather than 65. For instance, I can't see you willingly looking, acting and living as a woman for at least 15 years for the sole purpose of retiring at 60 rather than 65 - but perhaps I'm wrong. What is the purpose for the disparity/inequality in the pensionable age difference in the first place? I suspect it may have something to do with women being out of the work force while being a stay at home parent more likely during the time period cited. If so, does the same apply to women who didn't have children or had children but returned immediately back to the workforce? With respect to it pertaining to a man transgendering to female, would there not have to be a considerable period of time apply to having been transgendered in order to obtain the female 60 year old benefit, rather than 65, and not just suddenly claiming oneself to living transgendered in order to retire at 60?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 721
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2018 1:18:46 AM
"To me, there is a difference between simply making a claim that one is transgendered to reap the benefits of the alternate gender and those totally living the life of one who is the alternate gender, both mentally and physically.

With all due respect the subject is a minefield as you can well see.............

"Where it becomes tricky is when gender reassignment surgery is not affordable to make the transition entirely complete - as opposed to not having the desire to have reassignment surgery and thereby having one foot in each gender. Gender, in itself is defined as:
Gender refers to the attitudes, feelings, and behaviors that a given culture associates with a person’s biological sex. Behavior that is compatible with cultural expectations is referred to as gender-normative; behaviors that are viewed as incompatible with these expectations constitute gender non-conformity."

Yes but the surgery is paid for by the NHS. The same taxpayers who have now to work until you are 67 before you can retire if you are male or female.

THEIR tax money paid for an operation for a man who thinks he is a woman and who now has the right legally to retire at 60 because of the date he was born. But as he was born a man in my eyes he should work until he is 65 the same as other men born at that time have to do............

"Changing sex isn't cheap.

The cost of gender reassignment is £19,236 per patient, including support as well as surgery.

The total cost to the NHS in England last year was £17.13 million and this year the budget has been increased to £22.72 million.

The average waiting time is 34 weeks and at one clinic patients are waiting 66 weeks for an initial consultation.
http://www.itv.com/news/2015-10-29/transgender/

There are millions of citizens in the uk who think the money spent on operations such as those above is desperately needed in other areas of healthcare around the uk. Our NHS is struggling for money. So again personally i think the majority of the citizens in the uk take priority.

Then we have this. Why MUST taxpayers pay for egg storage? Surely that should be down to the individuals concerned?.............

"NHS must offer transgender men egg storage, say experts
Egg storage costs around £3,000 (€3,370) to harvest eggs and £300 a year to store.

The new guidance was drawn up by fertility experts from University College London Hospitals, Imperial College, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Central Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, the Medical Research Council, and Leeds Beckett University.

However, critics said the NHS should be spending money on 'basic healthcare'."
https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/nhs-must-offer-transgender-men-egg-storage-say-experts-36460596.html

"With respect to a man who is capable of penile rape and commits penile rape, I believe falls into being incompatible with the expectations which constitute the gender conformity of a female and, therefore, for the purposes of conviction should fall within the scope of being a male and the rapist should more properly defined as being a cross dresser, rather than transgendered. It would be like claiming you gave birth without having been pregnant. I also don't believe that any subsequent gender reassignment surgery should have the conviction hidden away any more than if a woman who was born female rapes another woman (or man) with an object should have a conviction hidden away."

But ponting the male rapist had to BY LAW be moved to a female prison. I think i agree with the sentiments put over by one of pontings victims...........

"Jessica Winfield, formerly known as Martin Ponting, was relocated to HMP Bronzefield in Ashford, Surrey.

The convicted rapist was previously held at top security Whitemoor prison in Cambridgeshire, where she was serving a life sentence.

Before her gender reassignment, Winfield complained of being victimised for being a transsexual.

Ten years ago, she wrote to prisoners' newspaper Inside Time to say she was given a "hard time because of my sexuality, possibly through lack of understanding and empathy".

At the time she wrote: "I have changed my name to that of a female to prove to the authorities and everyone concerned that I am very serious about my gender and that I do not feel right being a man."

But one of Ponting's victims has described the fact her attacker was allowed a sex change as "diabolical".

She told the Sun newspaper: "There are not enough words to describe him and the evil he has done.

"It is diabolical they have allowed him to have a sex change and diabolical that he could be freed this year.

"He may have changed physically but his brain is still the same."

Campaign group Voice4Victims said the case "highlights the great imbalance of equality within our justice system".

Writing on Twitter, the group said: "Rapist has sex change op funded by NHS whilst victims struggle to access treatment support and recovery."

If the prisoner has a "gender recognition certificate", the Prison Service is legally required to move them to the prison of their gender.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39337805

What you have to take into account over here in the uk is those directives come from brussels not from westmonster. Faceless people that no one voted for decreed a male rapist who now declares he is a woman MUST be put in a female jail.

And ironically one of the reasons given is that men who say they are women MAY be attacked or sexually assaulted in a mens jail. The ironic part is a male rapist who raped vulnerable lassies is put in jail with REAL women many who will have been raped before.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 722
Posted: 7/21/2018 6:30:33 AM
I'm surprised Vlad missed this article in the UK, apparently female inmates have worse issues with the male guards than a single transgender with an instinctive, involuntary genital response?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2544673/Female-inmates-Alabama-prison-forced-sex-guards.html
 vlad dracul
Msg: 723
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2018 7:22:36 AM
GTO

"I'm surprised Vlad missed this article in the UK, apparently female inmates have worse issues with the male guards than a single transgender with an instinctive, involuntary genital response?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2544673/Female-inmates-Alabama-prison-forced-sex-guards.html

Pssst mate. The story is from alabama. So unless they declared independence and joined the uk I'm afraid it's no too relevant to prisons over here.

But while you are here. Who's 'rights' come first in this story? I'm genuinely interested in hearing what yous liberal types think of storys like this. Charm made the point that male rapists who then say they are a woman that they should not be allowed in women's prison.

But BY LAW the male rapist who calls himself a woman wins hands down.

So a wee simple question. Should men convicted of rape or sexual assault or sexual abuse against women be moved to women's jails because the geezer is delusional thinking he is a female..........

"The Marie Dean story shows there’s no simple answer to how we treat transgender prisoners

Dean’s history of sexual offences was ignored in calls for her to be housed in the female estate.

"Before she transitioned, Dean, aged 42 in 2009, was convicted of over 30 offences including voyeurism, aggravated burglary and assaulting police officers.

Dean broke into homes, dressed in teenage girls’ underwear, and filmed herself in their bedrooms engaging in what the court reporting coyly called “sex acts”.

“Your victims,” said the judge, “undoubtedly regard you as being a dangerous man within the community and the sort of dangerous person that will give them every reason to be careful or worry when things go bump in the night.”

(Dean’s 2003 trial for charges related to an indecent video of children ended in a not-guilty verdict.)

That’s why the crimes came with an indeterminate sentence: because Dean was a sexual offender with an escalating pattern of behaviour against women.

One unhappy consequence of the well-intentioned taboo against “deadnaming” (using a trans individual’s pre-transition name) is that past actions are able to slip from the record.

At this point, I think it’s OK to ask where women figure in all this.

This is someone who presents a manifest danger to women, someone whose victims live in the long shadow of violation in their own homes; yet media outlets have given an uncritical platform to demands for Dean’s transfer into the female estate.

If being denied hair straighteners can be presented as a cruel and unusual punishment, one might imagine that housing female prisoners with a voyeur would rate somewhere even higher. But in prison, as everywhere else, the expectation appears to be that women’s safety comes last.

Where trans inmates are housed is, at the moment, a matter of discretion for prison authorities. And simplifying these cases (by, for example, obscuring the sexual nature of Dean’s crimes) does an immense disservice to the pressures on prisons, where resources are sparse, violence rife, and self-harm and suicide hideously prevalent.

Campaigners for prisoner self-identification usually refer to three trans women who died in custody in 2015:

Latham had made a request to transfer to another prison, according to the report after her death, which did not record any request of transfer to the women’s estate. The report concluded that the prison she was incarcerated in “appropriately supported Ms Latham’s decision to live as a woman”.

It is also uncertain whether such a move would have even been possible, given that Latham had been assessed as exceptionally dangerous and was being held in a close supervision centre, which only exist in the men’s sector.

All their deaths are an indictment of the prison system’s grotesque failure in its duty of care to the people it deprives of liberty. In no way is that duty of care going to be better discharged by moving to a system of unquestioned self-identification.

Which is why it’s so dispiriting to hear politicians such as David Lidington and Jeremy Corbyn on Marr this weekend, saying things like “we should respect people however they identify” or “where you’ve self-identified as a woman, then you are treated as a woman.” These are easy, pleasant things to say. The detail is where it gets nasty.

“Gatekeeping” gets a bad rap in gender politics. I’m happy to go on record as saying that gatekeeping is a lesser ill than putting a someone with a history of sexual offences when they were a man in women’s prisons.

When it comes to gender, we can’t always give the last word to someone’s subjective claims about their own identity. Not because they might be lying or mistaken (how could we possibly test someone else’s sincerity?) but because in a case like Dean’s, it’s not thoughts that count, it’s deeds.

If the gender revolution means a voyeur’s right to be seen as a woman is being placed ahead of women’s right to be safe from a voyeur, something has gone very wrong.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/feminism/2018/01/marie-dean-story-shows-there-s-no-simple-answer-how-we-treat-transgender

The new statesman is the in house magazine of her majestys opposition the london labour party. The labour party was formed by trade unions and men and women wanting a better life for the working class poor. Scotland alone used to return 50 odds mp's from the labour party to westmonster every year.

Jeremy corbyn is the leader of the london labour party. Look at his quote. Said on a bbc political show.

"Jeremy Corbyn on Marr this weekend, saying things like “we should respect people however they identify” or “where you’ve self-identified as a woman, then you are treated as a woman.”

And it is idiotic statements like that which have driven the working class away from london labour in their hundreds of thousands.

No mention of REAL women having to deal with male sex offenders locked up in jail with them. As long as the man who says he is a woman is getting HIS way then fvck what the REAL women think.

And you know what? I see parallels between london labour and the american democrats. No one has a fvckin clue WHAT they stand for. The majority of working class and working class poor only know that london labour or the democrats have nothing to offer but identity politics.
 MsMicki
Msg: 724
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2018 8:48:12 AM
imo..I think everyone is still trying to figure out how to deal with transgenders...
They are torn between doing what is right for the transgender....and doing what is right for the rest of us...
I definitely think someone screwed up big time by putting a male sex offender in a women's prison...no matter how he/she identified.

But...I'm curious....if a female is convicted of sexually abusing numerous women...is it ok to put her with female inmates??

Is the answer to put them all in a solitary environment??

I have always thought the line of "cruel and unusual punishment" of inmates was a fine line....
it seems inmates have more luxuries than a lot of people on the outside.... food, beds, Cable TV, internet, free education, free health care...
I think it has went beyond "basic necessities"....into more of this "entitlement" issue we have going on...no matter how we conduct our lives.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 725
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2018 12:23:46 PM
MsMiki
"They are torn between doing what is right for the transgender....and doing what is right for the rest of us...
I definitely think someone screwed up big time by putting a male sex offender in a women's prison...no matter how he/she identified."

But again. It is a 'right' that a convicted male rapist then declares he is a woman then everyone has to buy into his illusion............

"But...I'm curious....if a female is convicted of sexually abusing numerous women...is it ok to put her with female inmates??"

I'm not actually sure about that. I shall have a look. In the mens prisons the rapists, child molesters, granny bashers etc get put on 'protection'. Personally again i think rapists, child molestors and granny bashers should be put into the halls with everyone else. Lets see how some one who rapes and tortures bairns, rapes lassies, beat auld folk sensleless. Lets see how THEY feel on the receiving end.

We only have greenock now i think as a lassies jail. Corntonvale was closed down i think..........

"Is the answer to put them all in a solitary environment??"

It is against THEIR human rights if they get put in solitary. Instead they keep all the beasts together and they fuel each other fantisies. Fvckin scum............

"I have always thought the line of "cruel and unusual punishment" of inmates was a fine line...."

Yes the story i put up earlier showed 'cruel and unusual punishment'. The man who now says he is a woman was denied a hair dryer in the mens jail.

Have you ever heard of an american prisoner called 'terrible' tommy silverstein? He should say he is now a woman. Works for many others............

"Tommy Silverstein has been held in solitary confinement for the past 27 years, longer than anyone else in the federal prison system, his lawyers say.

He is locked up at the high-security prison in Florence, Colorado, known as Supermax. The lights are always on. Guards who slip him food through a slot in his cell door usually ignore him. A few times a week, he is permitted to exercise in the recreation room -- alone. Visits with his family and his lawyers are conducted through Plexiglas.

Silverstein's isolation is the result of an unusual no-human-contact order issued by a judge in 1983, after he murdered a guard at the federal prison in Marion, Illinois. Marion was known at the time as the most rigorous confinement in the federal prison system.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/25/colorado.supermax.silverstein.solitary/index.html

"it seems inmates have more luxuries than a lot of people on the outside.... food, beds, Cable TV, internet, free education, free health care.."

I do not think education is a bad thing really. Over here draconian sentences like those given in the states just would not happen.

If found guilty of murder in Scotland the judge imposes a tarriff. So the minimum sentence may be 43 years. And they have to do 43 years.............

"I think it has went beyond "basic necessities"....into more of this "entitlement" issue we have going on...no matter how we conduct our lives."

Prisons need to find the balance between punishment and rehabilitation. But for the life of me i cannot understand how a man who raped two girls under 16 and got a life sentence can now say he is a woman and taxpayers pick up the bill for him becoming a eunuch.

But here is a nice wee story. A torturer killer male now wants to be a woman. So they put him in the woman's jail. Low and behold he is a woman with a penis. Maybe he was just getting a last shot of being a man before he becomes a man with no balls or willy.............

"Pre-op: Paris Green, who was born Peter Laing, has been moved from Scotland's only women's prison after he allegedly had sex with fellow inmates

A pre-op transsexual locked up in a women's jail for a savage torture-killing has been moved to a different prison after claims he was having sex with female inmates.

Murderer Paris Green, 22, who was previously known as Peter Laing, was allowed to serve his 18-year sentence in Cornton Vale women’s prison, in Stirling, because he says he is transgendered.

But today it emerged he has been moved amid suspicions that he was involved in casual-sex relationships with other convicts there.

Green was sent to the prison only five weeks ago after he was found guilty, alongside Kevin McDonagh, 23, and Dean Smith, 20, of the murder of Robert Shankland in March this year.

The trio had invited Mr Shankland, 45, to a party in Green's flat in the central Scotland town of Glenrothes. There he was tied up, beaten and tortured for hours before finally being murdered.

Despite a campaign by Mr Shankland's parents, Mary and Ian Bell, Green was told he could serve his sentence in a women's prison prior to taxpayer-funded gender realignment surgery.

Now after his dalliances with fellow convicts at Cornton Vale, he is to be kept in the women's section of Edinburgh's Saughton jail.

Mrs Bell, 69, said yesterday: 'It doesn't make any difference where he is to me. He's in the women's bit of the jail and he's still a man.

'There's no point in campaigning because it's not going to get us anywhere. There's not much we can do now.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525441/Transgender-murderer-Paris-Green-moved-womens-prison-sex-inmates.html
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.