Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 776
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here. Page 32 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
Ride on sonny.

My radio gets both kind of music.
Country AND western.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 777
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 9/7/2018 8:18:55 PM
Wow, mine gets rock, roll, blues and disco. Country, Western, Rap and Talk..... All at the turn of a dial. Maybe not disco so much anymore but all kinds of entertaining people, music and ideas are there.

I say more is better in music and people too. I think this is getting more popular as more and more diverse people are letting themselves be seen and appreciated. Courtesy of this medium...., [ radio, television. internet. However people communicate and connect] .... Popularity be damned but its just another opinion on my part....
 backcreek7
Msg: 778
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2018 5:16:33 PM
^^^ hey Doremi, my friend >
popularity be damned

...... Your so right, it doesn't mean jack !!
...... Like " Stormy Daniels " for instance ~ I think she's a whore, col

& you can quote me on that
I think stormy daniels is a whore

...... There !!! I said it, and I'm not taking it back, col ( chuckle out loud )

*** lyrics - " Jezebel made her way, sliding around on dirty sheets all day ...
.................... So, roll over again ...
.................... She lived for years, with the fear ...
.................... that real true love, might never come her way ...
.................... So, roll over again "

ROLL OVER ( AGAIN ) by the Thompson Twins
> turn it up ^ like clockwise man !!

S
 backcreek7
Msg: 779
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 4:51:59 PM

~ I smell bacon, god bless the pig ~

^^^ col ( chuckle out loud )

... *lyrics ~ " It seems he did something wrong, that their trying to keep him down ...
.................... Who God blessed, let no - one curse...
.................... Thank God he's not the worse ...
.................... Better must come some day "

~ BETTER MUST COME by Delroy Wilson ~

> turn it up ^

heart / sun
 Sandbyday
Msg: 780
Posted: 9/17/2018 10:19:44 PM
I do believe that all white performers that win awards at the Emmys should preface their acceptance speeches with a public service announcement to tell the world "I'm sorry that I am not black."

You wouldn't know unless you watched without prejudice.

Fuking unreal!
They start the show with a black and a white boasting how this is the most diverse show they have ever had, then the first 10 or more awards go to whiteys, and along with that I didn't see one Asian or Latino in the room.

Reminds me of my Chinese ex who would watch the evening news and events and say (30 years ago) EVERYTHING is black against white. I've been conditioned by reality, how about you? Or are you still in the hate game?
 backcreek7
Msg: 781
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 5:24:47 PM
~ Before I knew the lyrics to this song, I thought it was a warning about OPIOID use ~

*lyrics > " But don't you never be DOWN ...
............... I said don't ever, because it's gonna keep hangin' around ...
............... So don't evah, get down "

... Even so ~ it does make me think of our countries struggle, to find solutions to this epidemic. I've heard recently, some good things have been happening along those lines > I sure hope so ...

... The " SOONER " the better, that's for sure !!!

... DON'T YOU EVAH by Spoon ( watch the video with the 2 dudes in blue shirts & sun glasses, it sounds the best )
& everyone knows, I ONLY want the BEST > for my fellow P - O - F - ERS > col ...

~ seriously, that's the truth ~

... There is just something I absolutely LOVE about this song, besides the fact ...

> IT ROCKS BIGTIME DELUXE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <

> turn it up ^ ( rattle the f-in rafters ! col )
heart / sun
 vlad dracul
Msg: 782
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 10:24:19 AM
The times they are indeed a changing. And we are in a culture of denouncing people for things that make snowflakes cry.

It was always said that what happens in america ends up happening over here. What a great pity our snowflakes stood by while thousands of young lassies were tortured and raped in Northern towns and cities in England.

But i suppose it depends who is doing the raping in that case over here.

Any of the dwindling band of posters have a view on this below? Or do yous not care because president the donald is absent?.............

"Ian Buruma: victim of Sexual McCarthyism
The ousting of the NYRB editor confirms MeToo is now a witch-hunt.

MeToo has officially entered its McCarthyism stage.

The ousting of Ian Buruma from the New York Review of Books is confirmation, for those who still needed it, that this hashtag movement is more about vengeance and censorship than justice.

For Buruma’s crime was not to touch a woman without her consent or verbally harass his female workforce. It was merely to publish an essay by a man (Canadian broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi) who was accused of sexual assault and then acquitted in a court of law.

When an esteemed editor can be expelled from polite society for publishing the words of a man who has not been found guilty of any crime, you know we live in dark, ugly times. MeToo is the midwife of this medieval-style policing of dissenting speech."

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/09/20/ian-buruma-victim-of-sexual-mccarthyism/
 backcreek7
Msg: 783
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 1:49:03 PM

blondes have more fun

^^^ Obviously many, if not the majority of women think this is true ~ it seems.

.. EVERYWHERE I look > women have colored their hair blond. It's a blonde here, a blonde there, here a blonde, there a blonde, everywhere a blonde blonde ..col ( chuckle out loud )

.. It's like WOW, WTF is going on ? ( ! ) It seems women think their faces look more attractive ( alluring maybe ) as blondes. Apparently, it is not only the physical aspect of it, but the flawed ( in my op ) idea that a blonde has some kind of better life then another. That she is more " fun " then say, a brunette would be ( poppycock, wink )

.. Well, I have news for you ~ MANY of we men think a " natural woman " is not only sexy, but just as much fun as any other woman might be.

* lyrics " Once I had love, and it was a devine ..
.............. Soon found out, I was losing my mind ..
.............. It seemed like the REAL thing, but I was so blind ..
.............. This ( blondes ) got mucho mis-trust, her love's gone behind ..

.............. HEART OF GLASS by Blondie

.. heart / sun
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 784
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 4:58:00 PM

everywhere a blonde blonde

You called? As a child I was a Strawberry Blonde. By my late 30's my hair had turned brown. Went to a family reunion, and everyone asked. "Why'd ya color your hair brown?"

Went home, colored my hair Strawberry Blonde. My own mother couldn't tell. A few years later had my hair highlighted blonde. Been that way ever since. Blonde highlights hide the few gray hairs very well.
Do I have more fun? I don't know. Ask the monkeys in the barrel!
 backcreek7
Msg: 785
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 6:02:42 PM

~ ask the monkeys ~

^^^ Welp !!! this lil' monkey will love you ~ no matter what color YOUR hair !!!

ou ou ou !!! ah ah ah ah ah ah !!!!!! ( col ~ kiss kiss )
^^ ^^ ^^ monkey talk ^^^^

heart / sun
 vlad dracul
Msg: 786
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2018 4:34:05 AM
Trigger warning. This post may make other posters self combust with virtue signalling outrage..........

"We are all Ayatollahs now

We have just passed the 30th anniversary of the publication of Salman Rushdie’s The Satanic Verses.

Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa against Rushdie and anyone involved in publishing his work. Rushdie and his ‘editors and publishers’ are ‘condemned to death’, said Khomeini on 14 February 1989.

What is extraordinary 30 years after this allegedly blasphemous book first appeared, and close to 30 years after Khomeini issued his medieval decree, is that Khomeini has won.

No, the Ayatollah’s foul call for the murder of Rushdie was not successful, and we must all remain grateful for that.

But his belief that certain words and thoughts are unacceptable, unutterable, unbearable, and that anyone who holds them must be punished, is now the dominant outlook of our times. And not only in the Islamic Republic of Iran but here in Britain too, and across much of the West.

Fatwas against offensive speech are now issued daily, by the Western Twitterati as much as by Eastern religious tyrants.

Indeed, a remarkable thing happened just a few years after the Ayatollah’s fatwa: Britain, the very home of Rushdie, institutionalised Ayatollah-style intolerance of criticism of Islam.

In 1997, the Runnymede Trust defined ‘Islamophobia’ as any criticism of Islam that treats it as ‘inferior to the West’ or as ‘unresponsive to change’. Also, if you ‘reject out of hand’ the ‘criticisms of the West made by Islam’, then you are Islamophobic.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/10/01/we-are-all-ayatollahs-now-2/
 calliopedreams
Msg: 787
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 12:50:41 PM
That is why the USA can proudly say that we have actual free speech.

Because "Hate Speech" is protected.

Britain and Canada have people who are the arbiters of what words hurt other people's feelings,

and their laws reflect that concept.

Must be great to live under censorship.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 788
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 12:55:49 PM
^^^^^^
Fine then why not share with everyone your racist or hateful views Little Miss Uncensored and lets see what happens
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 789
view profile
History
Must love dogs - and BIG BANG THEORY !
Posted: 10/10/2018 9:20:57 AM

Because "Hate Speech" is protected.

"Fukc Trump"
Posted: 10/10/2018 2:13:10 PM

Must be great to live under censorship.

Actually, it is quite nice not having to listen to a bunch of backwater racists spewing their hate towards others. I did see a truck today with these words in the back window: Justin Trudeau is a biatch. That's not hate speech though. Too bad we couldn't get those backward, backwater, conservatives to shut their traps.
 backcreek7
Msg: 791
view profile
History
Where did New Yorker go ?
Posted: 10/14/2018 5:32:04 PM
^^^

....Just wonderin', hope she's ok ( heart / sun ) ... Hey, we had a tiff or two ~ and some may not have liked her, but many did. I liked & respected her, she said what was on her mind > you knew where she was coming from ( with some people, you have no idea )

^^^ that's cool, in my book !

lyrics* " Where did New Yorker go ? I've been changin' channels, I don't see her on the forum shows ..
............ Where did New Yorker go ? We got heaps & heaps of what we sow ..
............ But way down by the edge of your reason, well it's beginin' to show ..
............ And all I really want to know is, where did NEW YORKER go ?

GOOD PEOPLE by Jack Johnson
> turn it up ^

cooldog65
Msg: 792
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 10:08:35 AM
^^^ I'm going to guess that her dog has passed away and she's grieving.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 793
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 10:16:54 AM
^^^^^

It's not a nice thing to say but I hope so. She last posted Sept 3rd and hasn't been on POF in at least 30 days
 platitude545
Msg: 794
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 10:33:31 AM
NY was a decent poster...but not surprised she no longer posts here....are these boards still interesting since most of the interesting arguments have been jettisoned along with most of the posters? I mean somebody starts getting into it with KJ, and just when things start getting interesting, some human reject somewhere, whether admin or not....has her torpedoed.

I mean almost nothing goes on here anymore....the boards have been effectively destroyed, at least these off topic boards....who cares to argue about the pithy statements from Searle? And that is really all that is left.
 DDSearle
Msg: 795
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 10:42:05 AM
^ What does the '545' signify – your bedtime?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 796
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:43:49 PM
I have no idea what some of you are smoking...…………...must be some really old stuff...…………….
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 797
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:58:51 PM
^^^^^
We're not smoking anything. It's not legal here till Wednesday.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 798
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 3:00:57 PM

I mean almost nothing goes on here anymore....the boards have been effectively destroyed,

WTF? What...…………. may I ask, are you looking for? An F'n knock down, drag out brawl? Wanna pull someone's hair out by the handfuls? Kick their teeth out? Claw their eyes out? Rake someone with your bloody fingernails?
We have had hailstorms, tornadoes, the wicked witch of …………..AND a snapping, growling lion ……..all in the past 6 months...…...and you want more blood and guts?
 platitude545
Msg: 799
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 3:35:52 PM
^^^^ I don't know...a topic that is interesting...where people can actually get passionate about the subject matter?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 800
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 3:42:10 PM
^^^^ Of course.

Knock down, drag outs, are very entertaining.

Yeah, I'm sadistic. Pull back the banning of posters. Lets make this look like Roman Forums- At the coliseum.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.