Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 poppata
Msg: 76
I love cocker spaniels... Page 4 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)

I have noticed more among the younger crowd that men have become more feminine and women more masculine. That's just my observation.

I don't think there is any difference...other than young men wear earrings and things which guys my age back then never would have considered. So from the point of view that culture has developed to the point some men adapt what were once Women adornments.... I guess you could see it that way. The issue is whether they still "act" like men... and there, if anything, many of the young men are too macho these days.
 _babblefish
Msg: 77
I love cocker spaniels...
Posted: 9/25/2017 1:01:31 PM
i hate****r spaniels. . as well, strawman arguments by ex smokers, to the smokers, smoke all you want as long as you take away or consume your butts when done, nothing nastier than butt litter,

old boomers that rant on about electronic devices, go back to your princess phones and rabbit ears
annnnd,
why aren't there more choices when looking for a stick vs an automatic car, some of us like shifting gears
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/25/2017 2:22:17 PM

I don't think there is any difference...

I'm not sure what year you're living in and I don't know anything about where you live, but go to a major city where the "metrosexual" phenomenon is in full force.
 backcreek7
Msg: 79
view profile
History
used to love Daschunds
Posted: 9/25/2017 5:11:42 PM
" adults who are afraid of clowns "

I'm only leery ~ of our clowns, who wear no costume ...
 from site to sight
Msg: 80
used to love Daschunds
Posted: 9/25/2017 6:50:41 PM
" adults who are afraid of clowns "

The scariest clowns are the ones in the White House right now, running the country.
 cooldog65
Msg: 81
view profile
History
used to love Daschunds
Posted: 9/25/2017 7:03:14 PM

I have noticed more among the younger crowd that men have become more feminine and women more masculine. That's just my observation.

I meant specifically how they carry themselves. I've heard these guys talk and they have that same strange cadence to their voice that the young women do. It's an imitation of 80s Valley Girl.

Also, why do many young women take mirror selfies and look into their phone instead of at the mirror? It makes them look cross-eyed. Also they cover part of their face with the phone. And lastly , it's always the same half turn, bend one knee, hand on the hip pose. How original...
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2017 2:25:44 AM
Not afraid of the creepy fvckers but c'mon clowns are just wrong.
I was babysitting my great-niece a few weeks ago. Got her to bed, no sweat. Sitting alone in the living-room a few hours later.
Breaking the silence..'D'you wanna play?' Shit myself for a split second. Turns out it was only Minnie Mouse from the toybox.

An opinion I have that's proven to be unpopular is 'pets outside only'.
I mentioned it once on here and lots of people took exception.
Is a metro man like a guy who wears a pink shirt?
If they can pull it off (not literally) I lurve that look on a guy.
 gtomustang
Msg: 83
don't like slobbering dogs, ick
Posted: 9/26/2017 5:35:10 AM
Pig, your comment on the positive racket reminded me of a book you probably heard about. It seems cynical to criticism positive thinking in breast cancer, but she does raise an interesting idea:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/jan/10/smile-or-die-barbara-ehrenreich

as for the metrosexuals (men who wear more skin care product than their sister) versus the macho bro country guys...I guess that's another example of people doing extreme ends of the spectrum. That's something I don't like. Plenty of room in the sane middle. I'm not a fan of electronic leashes when they are abused, I am a big fan of stick shifts (they used to be called "standard" b/c they weren't the optional transmission), and not just b/c they keep people from texting on those phones while driving.

now I have to wonder, do toys speak in the same accent as the country they are sold in? Or do all toys talk like Americans?
 _babblefish
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/26/2017 10:00:51 AM

I am a big fan of stick shifts (they used to be called "standard" b/c they weren't the optional transmission), and not just b/c they keep people from texting on those phones while driving.

it's annoying ... went to the closest VW dealership to test a golf GTI, the look on the sales dewds
face when i asked to test a stick, "ohhhh, ma'am, we'd have to bring one in"
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/26/2017 12:54:56 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/jan/10/smile-or-die-barbara-ehrenreich

I had never heard of the book, but agree wholeheartedly with the article.

now I have to wonder, do toys speak in the same accent as the country they are sold in? Or do all toys talk like Americans?

Which leads to the question - do they make a talking Elizabeth Hurley sex doll? It would need to be programmable, though, for optimum peace.
 deetristate
Msg: 86
Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 9/26/2017 6:28:15 PM
Going back to your post about Beyonce becoming "whiter," I just saw a preview that made me think about something else that also happens in Hollywood

No one should go and see the Thurgood Marshall movie.TERRIBLE CASTING.

Part of the whole Thurgood Marshall advancement was because of how he looked.

Chadwick Boseman does not fit the part or the message. (Who was GREAT in 42, by the way.)

This goes back to when they cast Chicken George in Roots. Kissy and Tom(?) would not have a had a son that looked like Ben Vereen.

Also, what about that terrible casting for Nina Simone, which was a whole controversy by itself. Zoe Saldana is beautiful but, in a different way than was Nina Simone, which was essential to her message.

I don't know what all of this is about.

Anyway. . .

Time for a joke:

so Chadwick has played

James Brown
Jackie Robinson
and now Thurgood.

“if they offer you to play Rosa Parks don’t do it”

Chris Rock to Chadwick

On topic - I like Justine Bieber's music
 Sandbyday
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:36:13 AM
Jimmy Kimmel - devoid of any comedic talent whatsoever.
Jimmy Fallon - devoid of any comedic talent whatsoever.
Steve Colbert - devoid of any comedic talent whatsoever.
Seth Meyers - devoid of any comedic talent whatsoever.
James Corden - devoid of any comedic talent whatsoever.
Entire staff of SNL - devoid of any comedic talent whatsoever.
 from site to sight
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:00:41 PM
When I was channel surfing the other day (my version of the TV guide), one of the channels I was flipping through had Bruce Jenner on it. My first thought is maybe it's a documentary about the transformation from Bruce to Caitlyn-but after seeing a few seconds, it was clear that it was the TV show The Kardashians, so on to continue channel flipping.

I thought afterwards-isn't it a bit awkward for them to have reruns of the show, where Bruce Jenner is the all-American, macho dad, and now he is a she? But I'm sure they're still getting royalties even when the show is in reruns, so the extra money is a cure-all for any awkwardness.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:55:53 PM

On topic - I like Justine Bieber's music

My condolences, but I do like the fact you went with an "unpopular opinion" about something you actually like.

My next entry - Louis Gossett Jr. is a better actor than anyone out there today. He can play absolutely *any* role with the utmost conviction.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/27/2017 3:17:29 PM
Danny of the Partridge Family was such a monster on the Bass that Chris Squire and Geddy Lee used to hold eachother and cry
 cooldog65
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 6:29:00 PM
^^^ And Chris #1 (There were 2) was such an awesome drummer he made Neil Peart quiver in his boots...
 cooldog65
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2017 11:32:04 AM

Also, what about that terrible casting for Nina Simone, which was a whole controversy by itself. Zoe Saldana is beautiful but, in a different way than was Nina Simone, which was essential to her message.

As Lt. Uhura...Nichelle Nichols > Zoe Saldana. Nichelle was curvy and exotic and Zoe is too thin.

Also, Beyoncé played Etta James in "Cadillac Records". She sang her own version of "At Last" which was very good, but lacked the power and grit of Etta's version.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/28/2017 11:57:33 AM

but lacked the power and grit of Etta's version.

That's a big issue I have with many of the contemporary singers these days. Lack of quality tone and dynamics, which they mask by learning how to do big "gospel runs". Big runs have their place, but it is undoubtedly the most overused/abused technique. About 8 years ago, I held an audition for a female singer for a new project, and specifically stated vocal gymnastics were of little importance, and what did I get the first week? About 15-20 Mariah and Whitney wannabes.
 gtomustang
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/28/2017 6:33:39 PM
I am no pop music expert, but from what I see as a sort-of consumer/observer, the music industry seems to copy the publishing industry, as far as the idea of if you find a winning formula (Dan Brown novels, Gwen Stefani vocals), try to find as many other artists who can come close to it (or just rip it off) and then ride the wave until the next flash in the pan comes along. Tho I will give Christina Aguilera props, she didn't fall off the radar like Britney. Then again, there's a long history of copying old works..I swear AC/DC songs rip themselves off, along with the Beach Boys doing the same thing to themselves. And how much of the British Invasion began by redoing old blues songs?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/28/2017 8:04:26 PM
That's how it's been since day one. The music business has always been about business before music. Although, there was a time when labels nurtured bands and artists, letting them grow into their success and have a little bit more creative control through their first few releases. Not today, though. Although, the need for labels is not quite what it used to be.

As for The Beach Boys, from a technical standpoint, the vocal harmonies are top notch, but I could just never get into their music.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2017 9:22:34 PM
I have never seen a Star Wars movie and don't have any plans to do so in the near future.

I don't like people that use the snap chat filters on their dating profiles.

I think it's disgusting the way we as American's treat our Veterans. ( this may not be unpopular)

I don't like it when people say "everything happens for a reason" even though I think it's probably true.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/29/2017 12:07:49 AM

Then again, there's a long history of copying old works..I swear AC/DC songs rip themselves off, along with the Beach Boys doing the same thing to themselves. And how much of the British Invasion began by redoing old blues songs?

I congratulate the Beatles, Stones et al for copying Muddy, Robert, Albert and BB because it is actually a form of adulation for American roots music. They were not only giving us a compliment by coming over the pond to play some our finest music, but were in essence reintroducing it to us. Offering it back to us without the guise of racial inequality and segregation of the 30s 40s and 50s. And they made a good go of it early for a short time, and deserve credit especially because it wasn't anything concocted or planned but straight from their heart and souls. And maybe with some animosity and competitive spirit but also from a love for American culture.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/29/2017 1:11:56 AM
Another nugget along those lines, it was John Lennon that said and I paraphrase - "Elvis copied Little Richard and we copied Elvis. The copy is ALWAYS better."
 daynadaze
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2017 9:34:48 AM
I don't like cliches like, everything happens for a reason, etc., because it does not. The only reason is that someone does or says something...no reason at all. I mean one certainly doesn't go around saying a baby was raped and murdered for some reason other than the rapist murderer wanted to do it. The idea that there's some spiritual reasoning for every action irks me to no end.

I hate that companies can lie, lie, lie about a product and not get into trouble.

I love The Price is Right
 chameleonf
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/29/2017 9:52:55 AM

I don't like cliches like, everything happens for a reason, etc., because it does not.

Which is extremely similar to, "It's God's will". Using the same baby example, I find this unfathomable.
======
Food samples in stores. They're not the problem. The people blocking the isles to get to them are. You can almost hear them mooing.

======
Snot rockets - neighbour across the street...just now. ffs!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.