Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _babblefish
Msg: 151
Post your unpopular opinions here.Page 7 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)

I'm a little woman. there are 8 year olds out there almost as big as I am. When that kid is running through a store, and bashing into me, I’m not allowed to defend myself --

I know, I know. Little one “doesn’t know any better” because he/she is spoiled. “ It’s the parents’ fault. Blame them.” --

But when it’s YOU there, bruised and bleeding. Grape juice stains all over your favorite white tee shirt. Ears ringing from high pitched screams still permeating your brain.

sounds like you coulda used some of those quicker picker uppers #45 tossed in Puerto Rico, also, i'm shocked that as a texan you didn't respond by either shooting or suing
 cooldog65
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 10/4/2017 10:50:33 AM

Can your dog pay for dinner? End of debate!

If it could, that would be one cool dog, wouldn't it?

Good one...

A few years ago, I went to an outdoor food fair in my area and there were numerous signs there saying no pets allowed in the food court area. I saw many entitled people disregarding those signs. I haven't been back since.

Also, babies shouldn't be in a movie theater...especially during an action flick.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/5/2017 4:12:40 PM
When you’re making a right turn onto a double lane street with a left turn coming in the opposite direction, you don’t have to yield to the left turner and the left turner doesn’t have to yield to you, the right turner. There are two lanes, both of you can make the turn at the same time if both of you stay in your lane. Imagine that.

Maybe for people who disregard the concept of safe and proper turns and like their dodging and swerving lane change tactics, it sends their brain into turmoil when a straightforward situation comes along.
 backcreek7
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2017 4:30:10 PM
don't like " yo mama " jokes !

" TAKE YOUR MAMA OUT " ~ by the SCISSOR SISTERS
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 155
Posted: 10/5/2017 6:00:17 PM
Aw, come on. Ain't nothing wrong with a good "yo mama" joke from time to time.

Yo mama is SO ugly, she had sex with her dog and the DOG was arrested for bestiality!
 cooldog65
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2017 6:19:17 PM
Yo mana so fat...She sweats Crisco!

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 yo mama jokes on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 yo mama jokes are yours you can not post to this thread.
 backcreek7
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 10/7/2017 6:07:31 PM
" very inspiring musical part of this thread "

^^^^ I feel the same way, Sandbyday ~
& sir pig, is a music lover himself - I'm sure ...
sooooo, an unpopular opinion might be ...
that the song " RAINING ON THE SKY " by NAKED ...
is not a cool song !
I beg too differ, col ....
TURN IT UP ^^^
 siisaa
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2017 12:34:57 AM
I hate the normalization and acceptance of single motherhood & the trivialization of fathers' roles in children's lives.
 from site to sight
Msg: 159
Posted: 10/9/2017 6:12:58 AM
Speaking of motherhood or fatherhood-Things that make me go hmm, when I meet someone for the first time, and the conversation gets to the point of asking each other if we have kids. Why is it, when someone says they have kids and I inquire about the kid's ages, parents will often say "My son will be 8 in March/My daughter will be 5 in August...", etc.
I never asked what their ages will be in the future. I was asking about their current ages. I get the concept that people add a year to their age on their birthday. I often feel like saying to them "So if your son is 8 now, in ten years he'll be 18, and in twenty years he'll be 28. It's amazing how that works."
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 160
Posted: 10/9/2017 6:27:21 AM
Describing your child's age in months should also end after a year.
 spot4username
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2017 7:00:27 AM

Describing your child's age in months should also end after a year.

My sons are 339 mos, 322 mos, and 277 mos.
Deal with it!
 from site to sight
Msg: 162
Posted: 10/9/2017 7:32:43 AM
Another thing parents like to do, when asked how many children they have, is answer by saying "I have [X number] of beautiful children". When I hear that, I'm tempted to say "And how many ugly children do you have?"
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 163
Posted: 10/9/2017 7:47:04 AM
^^^^
I'm curious, how many beautiful children did your parents have?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2017 9:21:57 AM

also, i'm shocked that as a texan you didn't respond by either shooting or suing

I work with people from all over the world.

So, I get tired of hearing ignorant superstitions about Texans.
 MizPurl
Msg: 165
Posted: 10/9/2017 9:27:05 AM
Soooo......Everything isn't bigger in Texas then....lol
 gtomustang
Msg: 166
Yo mamma posts here so much she's on the fence
Posted: 10/9/2017 9:39:23 AM
"Maybe for people who disregard the concept of safe and proper turns and like their dodging and swerving lane change tactics, it sends their brain into turmoil when a straightforward situation comes along."

>>>out here, some of the intersections have dotted lines painted on to direction left turners from their lane to the lane they should be in. Maybe lefties have a better spatial concept of turning to their left and ending up in their lane. But I find a lot of people drive a car the way they live their lives. Some people look literally and figuratively down the road, into the near future, spot a problem, and adjust their path NOW to avoid a problem that will soon happen later. Other people only seem to look at what's going on ten feet past the grill of their car, going from problem to problem to problem.

I understand Texans' dislike of their stereotypes. I'm sure there are very good Texans out there (Molly Ivans, um...) but there's also some bad representations that hog the limelight. as for the bit about children, I have to say as someone without kids, its always fun to go to a family event and not be in the conversation b/c everyones' talking about how wonderful their kids or grandkids are.

"Gosh, Johnny learned how to...." Yeah, great, I learned how to do that, too.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2017 3:02:54 PM

Soooo......Everything isn't bigger in Texas then....lol

Nope! Not EVERYTHING

Hair is still bigger in Texas, though.
(BTW: did you see my new profile pic?)

Texas is proud to have 3 of the 10 Largest cities in U.S.

Big Tex still presides over our state fair.
https://bigtex.com/bigtex/

And of course we're bigger than Alaksa. (If you melt al the permafrost, of course.). Haha.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

this reminds me of a very good joke though:

Couple of traveling salesmen from Rhode Island (still amazed that it takes 10 hours to get across the state) check into their hotel rooms, and head for the adjacent bar and grill.

Great big gorgeous six and 1/2 foot tall Amazon (the waitress) with giant Farah Fawcett 70's hair, and a REAL pair of big 'uns comes out to take their order.

Salesmen gawk in awe of her.

She just smiles and say "Well, Everythng's bigger in Texas"

They order a burger and a beer each.

Waitress comes back with 2 Giagantic mugs of Lone Star. They're shocked.

But, she just smiles and say "Well, Everythng's bigger in Texas"

She leaves and comes back with with two burgers, each bigger than a diner plate. they're amazed.

After drinking those beers, they're a little buzzed. But the beer seems to have gone right through them.

They ask directions to the men's room, and hear that it's down the hall first door to the left.

But they're buzzed, so they head down the hall and take the first door to the right by mistake. It's the hotel's spa wet area. They accidentally fall into the swimming pool.

"Don't flush it!!! Don't flush it!!!" they yell in unison.
 backcreek7
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2017 4:02:03 PM
how do you get a bear out of your back yard ?

move the trash cans , around front !

hee hee hee
 backcreek7
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2017 6:57:29 PM
I'm of the opinion, that this generation ~ doesn't realize how awesome an old local band could be ...

SHAKE AND FINGERPOP ~ by the NIGHTHAWKS
( originally done by ~ Junior Walker & the Allstars )

turn ^ it up
 forumslady
Msg: 170
Posted: 10/16/2017 7:42:16 PM
I've never understood the appeal of the Beatles.
ok, Lennon could compose, otherwise, Meh!

Who are the people with the budget to go to starbucks and pay upwards of 6 dollars for terrible coffee?

Why are the Kardashians famous? (Anybody?)

I also hate the Simpson's. Other's: The real housewives of anywhere. Survivor and big brother. (the first 3 seasons, they were good, after that-Yawn!) Bachelor and Bachelorette. Heck, pretty much all reality shows. I'm highly skeptical there is any actual reality going on.

With a few exceptions, there haven't been many actual lyricists and/or true musicians in a LONG time.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/17/2017 5:10:50 AM
Ah, The Beatles.

I've had numerous debates with fellow musicians over the years about them, and they are like many others who believe one must worship at the temple of The Beatles in order to harbor any musical credibility, which is pure horseshit. I can't deny their historical and cultural impact, their productivity in the times they were together, the diversity in their material, or their knack for writing well-crafted songs, but at the end of the day, there's very little I can personally relate to, and I feel nostalgia has helped keep their legacy afloat more than any other factors. Not to mention, the timing was everything.
 gtomustang
Msg: 172
Posted: 10/17/2017 5:39:01 AM
The Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam pointed out, the anti war movement coincided with some of the best music to sell its message. Maybe that's some of the nostalgia and impact of this era of music, that it was hand-in-hand with a deep questioning of what makes America, America.
 poppata
Msg: 173
Posted: 10/17/2017 5:57:01 AM
"Why are the Kardashians famous? (Anybody?)

I also hate the Simpson's. Other's: The real housewives of anywhere. Survivor and big brother. (the first 3 seasons, they were good, after that-Yawn!) Bachelor and Bachelorette. Heck, pretty much all reality shows. I'm highly skeptical there is any actual reality going on."

Gosh, we totally agree. I've never watched any of these shows. I won't watch any reality show, nor one with a laughtrack..barely watch network shows at all.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 174
Posted: 10/17/2017 6:04:33 AM

The Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam pointed out, the anti war movement coincided with some of the best music to sell its message. Maybe that's some of the nostalgia and impact of this era of music, that it was hand-in-hand with a deep questioning of what makes America, America.

Definitely. That's what I meant with the timing being an issue. Many of my friends try to deny it as a factor, but I absolutely believe it was.
 daynadaze
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 10:12:54 AM
I like the Beatles, but I love The Stones, to each his own, but yes timing is everything. The Beatles stopped touring early on, that's unusual, and yet they stayed popular while most bands had to tour their butts off. Anyway, some people are just not fans of someone or some group, I've never understood why Sinatra or Bing were so popular, but there you go.

I think racism and bigotry are appalling.

I really like several reality TV shows, while I can't stand many of them, but what I love about the ones I like, is to see how ridiculous people can be.

I can't stand wine,****ails, dressing up, getting together with neighbors or the girls, seafood, sushi and spicy food.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.