Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here. Page 8 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
I was never crazy about the Beatles. Liked some of their music, other songs not so much. I would have to agree with the timing thing.

Reality TV, can’t say that I’ve really watched any of it.

"Why are the Kardashians famous? (Anybody?)"

Well, other than the obvious – 98% of the adult male population wants to boff her brains out – no, I can’t think of a single reason.
 from site to sight
Msg: 177
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 10/17/2017 2:25:57 PM
When somebody runs afoul of the law, becomes a druggy, or displays any other bad behavior, why is it, that the parents or other family members try to explain it away by saying "He/She is a good person, but he/she started hanging out with the wrong crowd and changed." If the person was a good person, why would the person hang out with the wrong crowd instead of hanging out with other good, law abiding people? In the eyes of other parents, that good person is one of the bad people that their offspring is hanging out with that's a bad influence on their perfect Johnny/Joanne.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 3:20:47 PM
I didn't even know there were still people out there who believed in "good" and "bad" people. I guess I don't get out much.
 deetristate
Msg: 179
Posted: 10/17/2017 3:56:25 PM
thatisthematta.

too many people function in grey.

you guys have been a terrible infkuence on me.

ha!

forumslady
Msg: 180
Posted: 10/17/2017 4:56:26 PM
Whatsamattababy-" I didn't even know there were still people out there who believed in "good" and "bad" people. I guess I don't get out much."
I'm not sure who said that. Anyway, it's not that I think the Kardashians are necessarily "bad", I just don't get why they are famous.
Usually, famous people have some sort of talent, a reason they are famous. Maybe they are a stellar athlete, or a singer/musician, or a great actor/actress, etc. The Kardashsians are none of those things. The dad was a lawyer in the OJ trial, so I get why he is famous and Bruce Jenner was famous because he was an athlete, until he transitioned, which is what SHE is famous for now. It's the daughters and the mom I don't understand. Yeah, they are hot, but I can't think of many people who are famous strictly because they are hot. Famous by proxy or something, I guess?

@ POYD- Yeah, timing was everything for the Beatles. There was a space there that they filled, they were unique at the time, a different sound and look. I don't think people knew how badly they wanted something different until it came along. Kind of like Elvis, in the 50's and Pearl Jam, in the 90's.
I didn't know you were also a musician. I play the piano and can sing pretty well. Out of all the forums that I wish were more active, it's the music one that I wish more people participated in. I would if it weren't almost dead. Music is my first love, one of my passions. It's nice when I find fellow musicians here. :)
(Anyone else here that is a musician that hasn't mentioned it, let me know, I love discussing it)
 backcreek7
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 10/17/2017 7:20:11 PM
" I hate the normalization and acceptance of single motherhood & the trivialization of fathers roles in children's lives" ...... ( page 7 )

^^^

WOW > so much said ~ in such few words

I agree 100% ~ the children ~ ... NEED A FATHER
 from site to sight
Msg: 182
Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 10/20/2017 7:49:58 AM
Why is it, when somebody says something surprising or unexpected to another person, the person who receives the information sometimes replies by saying "Shut up!"? It's mostly younger people who say respond this way, but when and why did telling someone to shut up go from being insulting to a semi "thanks for telling me"?
 daynadaze
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 10:17:21 AM
The Kardashians are simple to explain, they were already known in their area, Kim was close friends with Paris Hilton, and Bruce Jenner was still a big deal in the Olympic arena. Add in media-hungry Kris Jenner, spending money, and PR and lastly an audience that latched on, you have a hit. No different than any other show that you don't like but some others love, and of course Kris and Kim copied Paris'dorky sex tape, and millions of teens with no parents watching what they were watching, and there you go.

Every generation has something they hook onto, every generation, it didn't just suddenly happen in the 50s. What we think of as old fashioned and innocent, was deemed wicked by the older generations. The 50s seemed like something so much bigger because it was all blasted on TV.

Same thing with Shut Up! which has been over for awhile now, it's just a catch phrase, like Groovey was when I was a kid.
 daynadaze
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2017 6:58:32 PM
I hate zombies, I hate excess gore, I hate that zombies on The Walking Dead keep showing and are hungry when, give me a break, they are dead. I find the whole idea to be stupid. But my son in law had me watch it with him, and I was hooked, makes no sense, but I watch it, glued to the TV. LOL.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 185
Posted: 10/22/2017 5:00:03 AM
An unpopular opinion for anyone out there who might listen to metal, and I mean this one is really unpopular - Megadeth and Danzig are both awful, and it's due to their singers, in my opinion. I can't stomach either one. I've met Dave Mustaine, who is a complete piece of shit as a person, too.
 spot4username
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2017 5:14:26 AM
^^^
But the Lost in Vegas youtubes are great. Love watching those guys listen to metal. Their reaction to Holy Wars - The Punishment Due was great (even if you don't care for Megadeth).
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 187
Posted: 10/22/2017 5:58:55 AM
haha, yes. I subbed to their channel a few weeks ago, actually.
 HikernBiker74
Msg: 188
Posted: 10/28/2017 9:34:24 PM
I listened to a fair bit of Metal in the past and have even been to a few shows. But I just don't understand the appeal of Black Sabbath. They are just one of those iconic bands that do nothing for me. I understand how they influenced many great bands out there, but they fall flat on my ears.

^^Add Alice In Chains to the list as well^^

I feel most people who own pit bulls shouldn't own one, much less a dog, period! They attract the wrong kinds of owners.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 189
Posted: 10/29/2017 6:14:13 AM
They were more than just influential, they were groundbreakers. Having said that, although I'm a fan, I'm probably not as fanatical over them as others are.

As for Alice in Chains - brilliant. They took the dark and ominous aspects of Sabbath and dressed it up with the vocal harmonizing in fifths to create a sound many other bands tried to mimic but didn't implement quite as effectively as Stayley and Cantrell.
 backcreek7
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2017 9:21:56 AM
hikin' and bikin ' ^
" I feel most people who own pit bulls shouldn't own one, much less a dog, period ! "

^^ Ain't that the truth brother !! .... and pitbulls love to chase down & kill other animals, besides attacking people ( check out the statistics ) WAY more ( and I mean WAY more , then any other dog ) They ought to be banned from the states, in my OP )

Black Sabbath ? Influence or not, they ranked way, way, way down the list, of what I consider good music. Speaking of dogs, here's a song I like ... ( especially love the yippee yi / yippy yo , in the backround, col . )

BOW WOW ~ by JOHNNY "GUITAR" WATSON
turn it up ^
ps ~ had a corgi once ( billy ) absolutely loved that animal ( & miss him much )
 hopefulhunk
Msg: 191
Posted: 10/29/2017 11:41:16 AM
Here are some statistics for the ignorant and I'll informed.

https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/articles/dogbitesurveymostleast.htm

Breed hatred is much like racism. Ignorant and wrong.
Maybe we could ban "you people"... and irresponsible owners while we are at it.
And guns, and speech you don't agree with, better blast Mt Rushmore off the map too....

Snowflakes want to "ban" and "prohibit" so much.
How long before everyone is banned?
 deetristate
Msg: 192
Posted: 10/29/2017 4:47:46 PM

REALLY UNPOPULAR TO NOTE?

Here we go . . .

31 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2016. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 900 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 71% (22) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total U.S. dog population.2
Together, pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (2), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 77% of the total recorded deaths in 2016. This same combination also accounted for 76% of all fatal attacks during the 12-year period of 2005 to 2016.

Annual data from 2016 shows that 42% (13) of the fatality victims were children ages 9-years and younger and 58% (18) were adults, ages 30-years and older. Of the total adults killed by canines in 2016, pit bulls were responsible for 67% (12).
 ohenryx
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2017 2:08:59 PM
I firmly believe that anyone who promotes dog fighting should be put to death themselves. The reason so many problems occur with the Pit Bull breed is because these are the dogs who are trained to be aggressive, for dog fighting. A pit bull who was not bred and trained for fighting is no more likely to kill someone than your average large breed dog (exception for retrievers, who do have a more gentle nature than the average dog).

Now for an unpopular opinion. I was watching some of the news coverage of the elder Bush (George H. W.) and the whole ‘Cop-A-Feel’ thing. Watching this with me was a friend of mine, a woman close to my age who happens to be liberal, as am I. In other words, most definitely not a supporter of any of the Bush’s.

This lady happens to be a retired nurse, and she has spent time professionally caring for the elderly. She stated that she would never have gone public and caused him and his family this embarrassment. It’s her opinion that he is suffering from dementia, and you don’t deal with such problems by going public and causing embarrassment.

What say you, forumites?
 daynadaze
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2017 2:43:37 PM
I agree, he may well not be responsible for his actions. He may have done this before, I don't know if he has, but at his age, jumping to conclusions is not a good idea.
 gtomustang
Msg: 195
Posted: 10/31/2017 2:50:16 AM
Henry, I posted about Bush elsewhere, maybe it got lost in the forum crashing this past week. I'm no supporter of the ex Prez, but after taking care of elderly parents, I know we humans all have a chance when we get old of engaging in speech and behaviors we wouldn't have done when younger and had all our facilities. I believe that when you take care of your parents, one of many things you should try to take care of is...their dignity. If Dad is grabbing the nurses or Mom is saying things about Jews she never said when you were growing up...its best to reduce their public outings.

Some people will label that "hiding" a family member, but there are scientific studies that our brains change when we reach our final years. Bush was a businessman and a diplomat to China, I don't think he wants to be remembered as Cop A Feel...and yeah, he's got some money to sue for as well. I think his family should take more note of when Barbara is saying, "he's going to get arrested one day" and help her out (I'll bet she's stressed out by it a bit) by cutting down on the public outings.
 backcreek7
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2017 7:42:27 AM
... going way back, to the WOODSTOCK happening ~ I don't think the group MOUNTAIN got enough credit for doing Jack Bruces song ~ THEME FROM AN IMAGINARY WESTERN.

What a great song, turn it up ^ ....... youtube ~ MOUNTAIN @ WOODSTOCK
ps 1 - love the memories, of our pioneers !!!!! without them, we would not be here ~
ps2 - and Santanas drummer, doing Soul Sacrifice ~ HOLY POOP !!!!!!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/5/2017 8:07:06 AM
Unpopular opinion - I believe I might be one of the only people on Earth who thinks Disturbed's cover of "The Sound of Silence" is f*cking horrible. The rest of the world creamed their bottoms over it, though, and I just don't get it. It really is unbearably bad.
 cooldog65
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2017 9:08:22 AM
I just recently purchased a 3 CD set called The Ultimate Motown Collection - Soul Sisters made by Reader's Digest UK and heard this song for the first time and I was blown away. Man this song has some funk!

https://youtu.be/w91MiJ0AfSE
 butheremails
Msg: 199
Posted: 11/5/2017 9:33:49 AM

Here we go . . .

31 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2016. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 900 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 71% (22) of these deaths.

In related news:

~3 million people annually by Mosquito’s.

Bee's / Wasp stings kill ~50 people a year in the USA

Also there is no such breed as a Pit Bull, as that is a mutt made up of other bull breeds.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 200
Posted: 11/5/2017 10:41:21 AM

Man this song has some funk!

That did kick ass. It could use a bridge and guitar solo to extend it by another minute or so, though. It's way too short.

Even though he wasn't signed to the Motown label, my all-time favorite R&B singer from that era was Sam Cooke. Great tone and killer runs. His influence can be heard in Steve Perry all over the place.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.