Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HikernBiker74
Msg: 201
Post your unpopular opinions here. Page 9 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
Halloween just passed by a few days ago, and in my opinion, it is the most overrated time of the year. I never thought it was such a big deal when I was young, but I know plenty of people who revere it more than any other holiday.

However, there is a special place in hell for adults who make snarky killjoy comments about the dentist to children during their fun.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 202
Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 11/6/2017 7:57:13 AM

You don't like Black Sabbath, Alice in Chains, or Halloween.

I bet you're a real hit at parties, eh?

cooldog65
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2017 10:30:56 AM

That did kick ass. It could use a bridge and guitar solo to extend it by another minute or so, though. It's way too short.

It's only about 2 1/2 minutes long. I'm feeling the intensity of Gloria Jones and her backups and just like that, it's over. I like your idea of a bridge and guitar solo. I usually listen to it 3 to 5 times in a row to get my fix.

Even though he wasn't signed to the Motown label, my all-time favorite R&B singer from that era was Sam Cooke. Great tone and killer runs. His influence can be heard in Steve Perry all over the place.

The Supremes did an album called "We Remember Sam Cooke" in 1965 (I own a German reissue copy) and a couple of my favorite tracks are "Shake" and "(Ain't That) Good News". These songs show their versatility and are different from their typical sound.

"Shake"- Diana Ross on lead.

https://youtu.be/0My0Vx0YibQ

"(Ain't That) Good News"- Florence Ballard on lead.

https://youtu.be/H_80pJyZX8M
 HikernBiker74
Msg: 204
Posted: 11/6/2017 1:15:26 PM

You don't like Black Sabbath, Alice in Chains, or Halloween.

I bet you're a real hit at parties, eh?

How should I know? I never get invited to any!

Seriously, my party days are long over!
 Cynderella
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2017 12:24:51 PM
Is it really a red flag when someone
says I don't have a best friend?

I believe in the saying...
"I would rather have four quarters
than one hundred pennies."

My best friends are my mom and daughter
and my partner, when I'm in a relationship.
My so called male friends are my three sons.
My plate is full.
I don't have time for all the BS most friendships
bring to the table.
Especially the back stabbing and boyfriend stealing ones.
 trinity818
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2017 1:03:39 PM
^^^

??

Friends don't back stab or "steal" boyfriends. It's sad to think "most" friendships bring BS to the table.

I would have nothing, if I didn't have my friends.
 Cynderella
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2017 1:26:07 PM
Friends are important perhaps why I choose my family for such rolls.
My best friend of 30 years (known since kindergarten) slept with both my boyfriends then married one of them.

I know it takes two....perhaps even three.

My boyfriend and best friend picker is broken.

Mades me a bit gun-shy.
 gtomustang
Msg: 208
Posted: 11/7/2017 2:08:48 PM
Generally, for some adults, Halloween is a chance to play a role they are afraid to in life. The sexy *whatever*, the strong heroic *whatever*. The exception is the makeup experts who can pull off some cool #$#$. I remember a profile in my area, a long haired woman who lined teeth around her face to make her whole face a fanged mouth that was swallowing her with a prostetic (sic) forked tongue fluttering off the tip of her nose.

"Is it a red flag if someone doesn't have a best friend?"

>>>I've had it at times in my life, b/c I'm an only child who doesn't get out a ton and at times in my life, I had to lose a friend over something they did or how they turned out to be. blood is thicker'n water and all that, but my family was just my parents.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2017 3:48:50 PM

"I would rather have four quarters
than one hundred pennies."

"Give me the hundred pennies you don't want and I will take them to the bank and exchange them for a dollar bill."
 gtomustang
Msg: 210
timing an unpopular opinion
Posted: 11/7/2017 3:48:53 PM
to go off on a bit of a tangent...should unpopular opinions or movements be timed?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/10/27/i-too-am-part-of-the-problem-a-designer-scolds-fashion-for-its-silence-on-terry-richardson/?utm_term=.2bf6b9ec2a7e

a fashion designer decides the industry isn't really about taking risks, if it won't speak out about something going on inside itself (tho the idea only a few designers can be big and thus don't want to rock the boat seems to ignore the fact that the fewer bigger designers there are, the larger the slices of the pie are). But, as someone who's spoken out on things in the past, I have to say...when no one wants to listen, speaking out gets little done. And if a group would rather, to use a Japanese saying, hammer down the nail that sticks out than address the unpleasant issue being raised...does speaking out have much chance of success?

do we have to wait for change to be acceptable, before it will actually happen? Harvey Weinstein sure isn't the first time this issue has come up, but now it seems to be like a perfect storm, like Trump ran for president a few times but this time the planets and moon aligned and Sessions got behind him to convince the GOP to stop blowing him off. And there are other examples of pioneers pushing for something, and getting shoved aside until suddenly society agrees to take it on, and then suddenly a landslide seems to occur.
 backcreek7
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2017 5:37:35 PM
... " My boyfriend and best friend picker is broken "

....... Cynderella ? no worries sweet ~ you have yet, to make your appearance at the ball ...
BEST of your life ~ is still to come, it's undeniable !

it's undeniable, how brilliant you are ~
in the unreliable world, you shine like a star ~
it's un-forgettable, now that you've come this far ~
it's unmistakable, that YOUR undeniable ~ Cynderella !
turn it up ^
this songs for you, check it out on youtube ~
UNDENIABLE by MAT KEARNEY
 sun___flower
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2017 6:39:30 PM

https://youtu.be/w91MiJ0AfSE

Thx for Gloria Jones's Tin Can People, CoolDog. I just added it to Spotify.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 213
Posted: 11/7/2017 11:48:54 PM

My best friend of 30 years (known since kindergarten) slept with both my boyfriends then married one of them.

What the f*ck?! Why didn't you throw her ass off of a cliff after the first one?

As for Halloween, I don't f*ck around. I go to at least 3-4 parties every year. The rest of the major holidays can suck a fat one, though. I have too many bad memories associated with them.
 Cynderella
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2017 12:14:03 AM
^^^
Trust me had I known I would have...
I only found out after she slept
with and married the second one.

Halloween by far is my favorite event.
Every year had the biggest party.
I'm with you on the other holidays.

Thank you backcreek I found the song :)
 Sandbyday
Msg: 215
Posted: 11/8/2017 2:18:18 AM
The mention of Sam Cooke reminded me of the unfortunate way and early age he died and the story of Otis Redding and how when they were coming in for a landing in below freezing Wisconsin, I forget the reason, but they had to do a fly through and circle back around. In the process they flew over a frozen lake adjacent to the runway and by doing so iced up the wings and gear from the cold wet air coming off the lake which in turn caused the crash and deaths.

Less than a week after I heard the account (it's on a recent conglomeration CD that has artists giving commentary before each song) I was landing at a small airport in a small 9 passenger plane on a very windy day. Sure enough, the initial landing attempt was a no go due to the high winds and we had to do a fly through. In the fifteen minutes it took us to circle back around and line up to attempt it again, I played back in my head the eerie commentary still fresh in my memory and thought for sure there was an omen involved.
Well I'm writing this so I guess I survived.

Hope I'm sufficiently liquered up if I ever do a fly through again.
 cooldog65
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2017 9:32:42 AM

Thx for Gloria Jones's Tin Can People, CoolDog. I just added it to Spotify.

I have it on my custom list on Spotify. I added it 10 times to ensure it plays frequently. I added a few other songs 5-7 times for the same reason like "No News" by The Glories, "My Sweet Sweet Baby" by The Glories, and "Steal Away Tonight" by Barbara McNair.
 sun___flower
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2017 4:33:48 PM
I'll bet you have some fantastic Spotify playlists, CoolDog. I add songs 2-3 times to make sure they play more often - 5-10 times would really get the job done. I put 'Tin Can People' on one of my custom playlists. :-)
 backcreek7
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2017 5:14:08 PM
I know how to take a huge chunk ~ out of our deficit with China ...
Nationwide ~ fine every driver who has a cellphone in their hand, 100$ ( for the first charge, 200$ for the next time, and so on ) If seen texting ~ 500$

* emergency ~ will always be an allowed option, naturally ...

^^^ It's gettin' way out of hand, in my op ~I' m a just sittin' here ~ waitin' for the times to get better !
like > ah ha !!! it just so happens, I know this cool old song ( col )
READY FOR THE TIMES TO GET BETTER by DOC WATSON ( youtube )

so cool, check out his guitar work ( chickin ' pickin' )
Turn It Up ^
 Sandbyday
Msg: 219
Posted: 11/8/2017 6:34:19 PM
^^More accurately, Travis picking. Made famous by Merle Travis and later Chet Atkins. To get a taste of fingerpicking Travis style on steroids youtube Australian Tommy Emmanuel. He's been taking it to levels never before seen.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 220
Posted: 11/8/2017 9:16:19 PM
Tommy is a f*cking phenom and a true innovator. I've been meaning to catch him live for years now, but always ended up missing it. He's coming to a venue near my house early next year, though, so it might happen this time around.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 221
Posted: 11/8/2017 10:26:13 PM
Yeah do it! My brother has a guitar that he takes to concerts and small shows and gets it autographed as he’s into that type of thing. The reactions he gets from superstars that see Tommy’s signature on it are unreal. They’re always happy to sign especially after seeing the Tommy sig usually after telling the whole band - This guy had Tommy Emmanuel sign his axe!!!
One of a kind. The SRV, Jimi, Santana, Duane of his genre.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 222
Posted: 11/9/2017 6:54:50 AM

My brother has a guitar that he takes to concerts and small shows and gets it autographed as he’s into that type of thing. The reactions he gets from superstars that see Tommy’s signature on it are unreal.

I can believe it. Tommy's name carries some serious weight in the "true musician" community.
 backcreek7
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2017 7:40:31 AM
wow sandman !!! I stand corrected !! Just checked out Tommy Emmanuel ~OMG ! AWESOME ( loved the
" sand " paper effect keeping beat ! )
hey, reckon you liked the Ozark Mountain Daredevils ... here's a beautiful song, you've probably heard ~
WATERMILL by the OZARK MOUNTAIN DAREDEVILS ( even the weeping willows ~ danced, col ) < youtube ..

turn it up ^
 HikernBiker74
Msg: 224
Posted: 11/9/2017 9:51:16 AM
I never was a big fan of Halloween, but I do love horror movies. Too bad they don't make them like they used to.

Never a big fan of parties, even while younger. I absolutely loathe to be around drama and binge drinkers. Give me a cozy bonfire, and a couple of close friends, and I'm golden.

Although I'm very picky when it comes to music, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Amon Amarth, White Snake, Scorpions, and Megadeth are a few of my favorite bands.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 225
Posted: 11/9/2017 11:05:48 AM

wow sandman !!! I stand corrected !! Just checked out Tommy Emmanuel ~OMG ! AWESOME ( loved the
" sand " paper effect keeping beat ! )

He's emulating drum brushes with his right hand and doing the walking bass line on guitar with his left. So f*cking cool.

One of a kind. The SRV, Jimi, Santana, Duane of his genre.

All of these players are legends and rightfully so, however, it irks me that many people can't let go of their sentimentality long enough to look beyond the established household name legends to see that other players *have* come along who have equaled what they have done or even surpassed it.

Tommy's contribution to the guitar world is as significant as anyone in all of music history as far as I'm concerned.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Post your unpopular opinions here.