Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 13 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
It is true, Dan, that the topic was hijacked to talk about Trump, when kneeling started during Obama's presidency, if one wanted to point fingers at who was in office when it started. What Obama said: “I want Mr. Kaepernick and others who are on a knee, I want them to to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing. But I also want people to think about the pain he may be expressing about somebody who’s lost a loved one that they think was unfairly shot,” Obama said.
 trinity818
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 10/10/2017 11:20:54 AM

that the topic was hijacked to talk about Trump

I'm curious... how does one NOT discuss Trump on this issue? With his daily tweets, he has inserted himself directly and deliberately into the controversy.

I really don't see how you can call that "hijacked".
 daynadaze
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2017 11:34:42 AM
Would that be the same Trump who is using taxpayers money to whine about football players?
 from site to sight
Msg: 304
Posted: 10/10/2017 1:21:35 PM
I wonder who Trump would consider a bigger threat to the U.S-NFL players who take a knee during the anthem or North Korea? Trump seems to be more obsessed with NFL players than North Korea's nuclear weapons. I bet Trump has no idea why some players are kneeling during the anthem. If he knew, why wouldn't he mention anything about it, and at least say he'll look into the issue that concerns them-even if it's total B.S? But expressing any sympathy to black people and injustices done to them by police would upset his core base of racist hillbillies. So it's best for Trump to toe the bigot line and say that black people who are shot by the police must have deserved to be shot and killed., and the police are heroes.
 gtomustang
Msg: 305
Posted: 10/10/2017 2:04:38 PM
1) Tiki torches were devices in tiki bars, still sold to illuminate summer parties in the evenings. Neo Nazis use it I believe to symbolize the flaming torches the KKK used to set black houses on fire...and they were back at it again recently:

"Prominent white nationalist Richard Spencer and as many as 50 others held a brief rally with tiki torches in Emancipation park that lasted between five and 10 minutes, after which they boarded the bus and left the city, CNN reports. Charlottesville authorities are discussing the possibilities of legal action in response, according to a statement from local police. Video footage posted on social media by Spencer showed the group chanting “you will not replace us” and “Russia is our friend, the south will rise again.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-nationalists-carrying-torches-descend-143419129.html

2) speaking of Jenner, there was a YouTube sensation, a girl who built robots and seemed like a STEM poster child for getting women into a "boy's world"..and has now decided she's actually a boy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/08/20/super-awesome-sylvia-vs-his-robots-and-your-assumptions/?utm_term=.ba5fb59b3651

3) Bill Clinton and Anthony Weiner are slime, about the only thing that makes them look capable is Chump can't even run a government, while the Clintons can at least pull that off. If it wasn't for Chump, if the GOP had put forth a more capable candidate, maybe HRC would haven't won the popular vote. As for Harvey Wallbanger, er, Weinstein, rumors of his couch cut both ways--it apparently was also used to suggest women got their roles not thru their talent, but "bought" them instead. Its an issue in many fields, and apparently won't be solved soon, but with Bill Cosby and now Weinstein, maybe we'll all talk about manipulative men using their position of power more.

4) news is about entertainment, in order to sell advertising, but America has a long history of chasing tabloid rag news about celebrities. The original "fake news" could easily be Weekly World News talking about "Bat Boy".

https://thinkprogress.org/hannity-embraces-bat-boy-3b07f88fc3e0/
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 306
Posted: 10/10/2017 2:28:16 PM
President Obama:

What Obama said: “I want Mr. Kaepernick and others who are on a knee, I want them to to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing. But I also want people to think about the pain he may be expressing about somebody who’s lost a loved one that they think was unfairly shot,” Obama said.

Imagine that??? A President who advocates first amendment constitutional rights, and still shows empathy for both sides of the coin...how Presidential.

president tRump

"We're proud of our country, we respect our flag," Trump said at a rally Friday. "Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, out, he's fired. He's fired!"

Not only does president tRump get the issue wrong, he actively advocates dividing the country...how unPrecedential ...perhaps a few of you should read the content of this link:

http://www.bookrags.com/studyguide-mein-kampf/

Perhaps you'll read something familiar?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2017 4:37:22 PM
Irish, I guess you slept thru Obama's divisive presidency, from his racist pastor, to kicking cops to the curb, even though it became open season on them. And let's not forget his adorable story about how an older white woman looked scared of him as a kid when they rode an elevator together. Also, let's look at how he brought people together within his 2 terms. Let me know, because I'm still looking, lol.

Roger Goodell says players should stand to honor our flag and country.
 Kj521
Msg: 308
Posted: 10/10/2017 4:41:32 PM
"Roger Goodell says players should stand to honor our flag and country."

Monday night ratings were down again.

Capitalism wins. ;)
 Walts
Msg: 309
Posted: 10/10/2017 4:49:16 PM
You think that the NFL will try to "make" the players stand????? You do know they have already stood and still protested???? Do anyone of you remember a certain Olympics when black gloves where introduced?????

Yep.

"They" are still protesting and you frigging patriotic simpletons are still sending your children to die for that flag.

Stick with it.

It's all you got.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 310
Posted: 10/10/2017 5:24:12 PM

Msg: 307

As it has already been pointed out to you, up until 2009 NFL players did NOT stand for the national anthem. They instead remained in the locker room. The NFL receives millions of dollars from the Department of Defense and the National Guard for patriotic displays.

In other words, this is plain and simple "PAID PATRIOTISM". The NFL don't give two hoots about patriotism, for them is all about that mighty dollar.

Stop drinking the Orange Buffoon kool-aid.

MAGA – Morons Are Governing America.

Memorable Rex Tillerson Quote: "Donald Trump is a F*cking Moron"
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 311
Posted: 10/11/2017 4:50:23 AM

Also, let's look at how he brought people together within his 2 terms. Let me know, because I'm still looking

Of course you are. People like you would only see divisiveness in President Obama's statements which show empathy for both sides of the issue-it fits your ideology, ultra-nationalism, and white pride agendas. Yet, at the same time you see president tRump's hateful statements as bringing American's together. How fvcked up is that? Hey, were you the lady in Obama's elevator story?
 poppata
Msg: 312
Posted: 10/11/2017 5:07:14 AM
"Also, let's look at how he brought people together within his 2 terms. Let me know, because I'm still looking, lol."

This is such a moronic statement made by those without critically thinking abilities. So many buy into Fox News because they are told how to think, what to believe. I watch that show for five minutes and can't stand it. It's so obvious what it is doing. Very sad. And you have to be a total idiot if it's not apparent to you how decisive and incompetent Trump. If anybody can point out anything at all Trump has done to improve the country anywhere, I would love to hear it. That emperor has no clothes.
 gtomustang
Msg: 313
Posted: 10/11/2017 5:14:11 AM
"Obama's divisive presidency"

>>>let's not forget:

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
-Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, quoted in National Journal, November 4, 2010

Their story line is that there must be some villain out there who’s keeping this administration from succeeding.
-McConnell, appearing on CNN's "State of the Union," October 23, 2011

https://newrepublic.com/article/96591/mcconnell-villain-who-me

How did Obama bring people together? Well, John voted for him...not once, but twice. Let's ask him.

meanwhile, Chump can't even maintain the message coming out of the White Again House:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-unleashes-himself-from-would-be-handlers-lashing-out-mornings-nights-and-weekends/ar-AAthkOy?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 314
Posted: 10/11/2017 6:12:41 AM

"Obama's divisive presidency"

Msg: 313
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
-Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, quoted in National Journal, November 4, 2010

Voters have short memories, the Orange Kool-Aid they've drunk must be pretty powerful stuff.

MAGA – Morons Are Governing America.

Memorable Rex Tillerson Quote: "Donald Trump is a F*cking Moron"
 chameleonf
Msg: 315
Posted: 10/11/2017 6:39:41 AM
^^^ nah, the Kool-Aid isn't that powerful - they're just that susceptible - like cheap drunks.
 deetristate
Msg: 316
Posted: 10/11/2017 7:19:09 AM
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2017/08/trumps-accomplishments-so-far-and-they-are-many/

(pre hurricane)

i'll sit back and wait for the poo poo ing of the source, whatabouting, ad hominem, etc.
should be amusing reading.

that is just one person's list.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 317
Posted: 10/11/2017 8:35:53 AM
Oh golly....^^^^^....lookout for the off-topic gestapo...^^^^...
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2017 8:58:26 AM

Chicago is a major market TV area with a forecasted sh*tty team that this year - that nobody outside of Illinois wants to watch. Minnesota is flyover country that never gets good national TV ratings even when they have had a great team. Green Bay can't play Dallas every Monday night - nor can the New York Giants play San Francisco. Ratings week by week, up or down - has more to do with the home team TV markets than anything else.
 chameleonf
Msg: 319
Posted: 10/11/2017 9:17:58 AM
Of course it wouldn't happen, however, it would be interesting if the majority of the fans in the stands didn't stand for the anthem. Would they be banned from attending? Would Trump threaten to tax them more? Would they be told to not access the stands until after the anthem? Maybe the matter should be put to rest by not having the anthem performed or military on field at all, being that it's been made to be more worthy of anything more than what it is...a glorified game.
 _babblefish
Msg: 320
Posted: 10/11/2017 9:33:17 AM

lol... you're country's divisiveness is reaching new levels (without an Obama in sight) when you have black football players silently protesting inside,

meanwhile, outside, in parking lots in multiple states at friday night high school football games the KKK have been distributing recruitment fliers (definitely not an Obama in sight) targeting white students

Capitalism wins. ;)

sure, if that's what you call it when taking the attention off CTE
 daynadaze
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2017 10:49:25 AM
What does a sport"s game have to do with pride of one's country?

As for Trump supporters falling for his racist bigotry, they aren't blind to it, they voted for it, they want that brought back, they don't want equality, they don't want equality among human being, they want the good old days of white male suprimicy and hate.
 Walts
Msg: 322
Posted: 10/12/2017 5:09:43 AM
I think Mr.Trump should just tell the NFL they are not "allowed" to play the anthem.

That would "solve" the "problem" for sure.

That, or just throw all the culprits in jail.

Yeah, that will work!!!!!!!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2017 6:35:01 PM
The media portrayed Trump as racist, then the racists clung to that. The media is at the center of this divisiveness. There are so many bad things, thousands, happening every day. The media chooses what they want us to see, and how they decide to portray them can shape the way we feel. The media is manipulating the crap out of everyone. For every story, there is a slant, and it's the media's decision on how they want to slant it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2017 6:44:58 PM
What? Does that make any sense to you?
 gtomustang
Msg: 325
Posted: 10/12/2017 6:46:14 PM
"the media portrayed Chump as racist"

>>actually, the moment he said all Mexicans coming over were rapists, etc, and then that a judge born in America couldn't rule on his case b/c the judge had a Mexican-sounding name and thus just had to be Mexican, now he's saying America can't help Americans much longer in Puerto Rico...he didn't need the media to portray him as anything. He does a fine job on his own, b/c it caters to his fan base.

"the media is at the center of this divisiveness"

>>the same media gave him free press time during the campaign, and then at his campaign stops, Chump pointed right at the media and turned the crowd against the reporters assembled. He accused Megyn Kelly of having "blood coming out of her whatever" when she asked routine questions during a debate. He's the one engaging in Identity Politics.

"The media chooses what they want us to see"

>>>yes, there is Breitbart and Faux News guilty of doing this, but there's also a ton of cable TV channels we can watch and magazines we can read and websites we can look at.

not to mention, Chump has his twit feed. No media there to filter or guide him, and he screws up often.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem