Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 351
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 15 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)

But that doesn't make him a white supremacist.

even if he isn't one...he is certainly a sympathizer
He made sure those dog whistles were blowing loud & clear while making speeches after the charlotteville marches
he wants to make sure that they know.....that he still has their backs
without the Alt right...the GOP would be in trouble come the midterms

He could care less about the poor white trash who go to his rallies. He's just using them to protect his real friends from criticism. And the left is falling for it.

how is the left falling for it?
If anything the Pple falling for it are the "white trash".....who have fully backed him, even at their risk
Those on the left know it.....and are hopelessly trying to talk sense to these T-tards
 gtomustang
Msg: 352
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 10/14/2017 5:51:13 PM
"Who were Obama's base, cop haters, white people haters?"

>>>well, John voted for Obama...twice. Does he ever sound like a cop hater, or a white people hater?

speaking of phones and pens, let's see what Chump's EO number is up to--is he already higher?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-executive-orders-barack-obama-climate-change-women-police-abortion-muslim-ban-a7573316.html

and new ideas about the budget he hopes he will sneak past Congress who doesn't want a higher debt:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/ap-fact-check-trumps-tax-plan-health-care-distortions/ar-AAtqCeS?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
 Double Cabin
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2017 10:16:31 AM

So, KJ,

Instead of coming up with an actual rebuttal you give us more unAmerican garbage sans ANY susbstance and suggest I'm the one that doesn't understand without a moleculae of your own rationale? "I know you are but what am I" has never had a place in honest, adult discussion and IMO does not become you.

If only we required our schools to bring back civics and an appreciaition for plausible premises within sound syllogisms? We certainly wouldn't have elected misogynistic, bigoted, and DIVISIVE narsacist. With all due respect KJ part of being an American is accepting the unequivocal reality that to be a truly free society we don't get to pick and choose where individuals we disagree with exercise their First Ammendment rights unless it is contractually prohibited, period. In not even lifting a fingernail to explore the injustices these players are protesting and demanding what is essentialy an unquestioning oath of loyalty President Trump is disgracing our Founders and his office right along with our country.

If you want the kneeling, etc., to stop demand your President honor and not disgrace the Consitution. If you want it to stop reflect on why these men are risking millions of dollars to draw attention to the bigoted realities African Americans face from law enforcement in far too many corners of our country this Presiendt hasn't injected a gram of understanding into let alone a "plan" to deal with a situation anyone with a semblance of dececncy knows is intolerable. If you don't have tolerance for the First Ammendment then of course your unAmerican self is not going to have tolerance for a minority objecting to and protesting the unequivocal unfairness they face with their Consitutionally guaranteed rights.

President Trump is arguably the most divisive man to hold his office since his hero, Andrew Jackson. To not recognize this unequivocal reality and demand oaths of loyalty he is in reality injecting a fair amount of Nazi Gremany or Modern Russia into our society and with that disgraces every real American with an understanding that by it's very nature freedom cannot be selectively applied.

KJ, it is never to late to try and substantiate your ken. The choice of that or to continue with the unAmerican, ignorant drivel you and John have tried to Schlock thus far is indeed up to you. You will indeed get my respect with even just a single plausible premise and my admiration for an acrtually sound syllogism.

Peace,

John
 Double Cabin
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2017 10:40:59 AM
At least Justice Scalia got it:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/politics/flag-burning-constitutional-donald-trump/index.html
 Kj521
Msg: 355
Posted: 10/15/2017 11:27:18 AM
"So, KJ,

Instead of coming up with an actual rebuttal you give us more unAmerican garbage sans ANY susbstance and suggest I'm the one that doesn't understand without a moleculae of your own rationale? "I know you are but what am I" has never had a place in honest, adult discussion and IMO does not become you."

Are you sure I did all this, Mr. Cabin? I usually keep my posts rather simple. You might be giving me too much credit. :/

"If only we required our schools to bring back civics and an appreciaition for plausible premises within sound syllogisms?"

Can't argue with this....our educational system does leave much to be desired.

"With all due respect KJ part of being an American is accepting the unequivocal reality that to be a truly free society we don't get to pick and choose where individuals we disagree with exercise their First Ammendment rights unless it is contractually prohibited, period. "

Quite agree! You see....we are actually more in sync that you may realize.

Now....does this contention also apply to those who choose to counter-protest?

"In not even lifting a fingernail to explore the injustices these players are protesting and demanding what is essentialy an unquestioning oath of loyalty President Trump is disgracing our Founders and his office right along with our country. "

This is where it gets a little sticky for me, personally. While I don't view this quite the same way as you, I do see it as a possible failed opportunity that may have had the potential to lead to better understanding and harmony within our society.

'You will indeed get my respect with even just a single plausible premise and my admiration for an acrtually sound syllogism."

No sense in disappointing either one of us. Probably, not gonna happen. I tend to lead with emotion rather than logic. :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 356
Posted: 10/15/2017 1:24:41 PM
"If only we taught civics in schools, we wouldn't have voted in a narcissist"

>>I wish it was that easy. Plenty of uncivic people would simply flunk civics. Part of the problem with individual rights, is we have right to do WTF we want...to a point. We don't think about the common good, as instinctively as we should. For example, I was topping off the gas tank on my 442 for the season and the gas station was full, but I could see a 20 something was done filling up his motorcycle at the far pump. So I pulled around to his side, and waited for him to move...and realized he was too busy lighting up his cigarette, a foot away from the pump and the sign saying, "don't do that moron!", to be polite and get out of the way.

I'm not sure he did it out of stupid, b/c stupid motorcycle riders don't make it far down the street. But he definitely had that "I'm smarter than you are" you get from grizzled old handymen who think they've seen enough that rules are for idiots. The narcissist candidate for president didn't win the popular vote, but we sure do have a lot of Americans in the electoral states who helped him, who believe they are God's gift--and that's not me saying that, that's them declaring it loud and clear they are "Real Americans!". But boy are they selective in how they apply that!

We used to love our presidents to come out of a log cabin, and we thought farmers were the new Noble Savage. But now we aren't the humble nation we were in 1918, we're too busy taking selfies...like narcissists. The First Amendment rights they ever want to hand out, are to people who talk like them. The right to not get shot by a crazy person somehow isn't equal to the right of someone too afraid to join the military to pretend they're GI Don't Know. Its amazing how many of these hypocrites couldn't live up to the standards they hold others to.

Ironically, the same people who complain about education, are the ones who don't want science teaching evolution, birth control, or climate change and complain about Ivory Tower Liberals feeling elite. We want the world to be educated, but we sure don't like them being smarter than we are. Chump ran for prez multiple times with the same schtick, he didn't convince his voters to be divisive...they came to that conclusion themselves, and then decided it was time to take him seriously as a candidate and not a celebrity reality TV star.

and now some of them are having second thoughts...the job of president is far more important than they thought it was. People who used to dismiss government as unable to accomplish anything...are finding out what government looks like when it really doesn't want to get things done, enough to work hard to get things done.
 John252817
Msg: 357
Posted: 10/15/2017 6:05:16 PM
Here are some “fun” NFL facts:

"In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a sudden"

_____________________________________________________________________________________
^^^^The NFL for a long time has been hypocrites. Now they see a backlash coming from the people that pays their salaries and they actually have to listen now. Life has rules and if you don't abide in them there are consequences.
 Kj521
Msg: 358
Posted: 10/15/2017 6:10:14 PM
"The NFL for a long time has been hypocrites."

It appears that many simply ignore this fact, John. :)
 chameleonf
Msg: 359
Posted: 10/15/2017 7:07:22 PM
I think it's pretty consistently been stated that it's up to individual companies/corporations to have their own codes of conduct, aside from actual laws. What it isn't up to is a president to insinuate himself into those codes of conduct. He was voted as president, not dictator. If he concentrated more on his actual job and understood his own code of conduct (constitution and parameters of POTUS), your country would be moving forward instead of going backward. He's placed your country in a hot mess. His attempts at distracting from this s blatantly obvious...but sadly many ignore this fact.
 Kj521
Msg: 360
Posted: 10/15/2017 7:24:26 PM
"What it isn't up to is a president to insinuate himself into those codes of conduct."

Why not? Does freedom of speech not allow for his opinion? Is it written somewhere in the "US President Job Description". Oh crap! Is that "code of conduct" in the Constitution? Damn!! I knew I should have read past the first three words! :/

"He was voted as president, not dictator."

Well....pretty sure he knows this or he would have just passed a law. Or maybe even a Decree! ;)
 John252817
Msg: 361
Posted: 10/15/2017 7:34:04 PM
"Does freedom of speech not allow for his opinion? "

^^^^^^^^^ Must be a Canadian thingy.....YIKES!!!!!!
 deetristate
Msg: 362
Posted: 10/15/2017 7:38:08 PM
while i don't agree with all of what the president said, i agree with kj that he has the right to an opinion.
particularly when they, the leftists, ask him his opinion.

(did obama have to give an opinion when a failed nfl player exited the closet? but he did. about pretty much everything.
his perogative)
i forgot. only leftists can bring up the past. sorry.

this is not the first time that they have asked Trump about something and then when he answers they say, "why is he sticking his nose in it?"

but they are losing that game.
and there is always the

meanwhile. . .
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 363
Posted: 10/15/2017 7:49:13 PM

Msg: 359
I think it's pretty consistently been stated that it's up to individual companies/corporations to have their own codes of conduct, aside from actual laws. What it isn't up to is a president to insinuate himself into those codes of conduct. He was voted as president, not dictator.

Comrade Trump doesn't care about patriotism, it's all a personal vendetta because professional sports teams are no longer staying at a Trump hotel on the road.

An investigation by the Washington Post found that none of the 105 teams that responded from the total of 123 franchises from the National Basketball Association, the National Football League, the National Hockey League or Major League Baseball would confirm that it stays at a Trump-branded property while on the road.

Of the teams that responded, 18 declined to comment and 71 indicated that they hadn’t stayed at Trump hotels in recent years. A total of 17 confirmed a visit to a Trump property within the past seven years, but that they had stopped booking rooms after Donald Trump launched his run for the White House in June 2015.

Of the NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA teams that confirmed Trump hotel stays, all but one said they’re no longer checking into Trump’s hotels while traveling the country for road games.

MAGA – Morons Are Governing America.

Memorable Rex Tillerson Quote: "Donald Trump is a F*cking Moron"
 NewYorker58
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2017 9:35:49 PM
Colin Kaepernick is suing the NFL for collusion. He's saying all the teams got together to not hire him. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4983054/Colin-Kaerpernick-sue-NFL-owners-not-hiring-him.html
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 365
Posted: 10/15/2017 10:20:13 PM

Colin Kaepernick is suing the NFL for collusion. He's saying all the teams got together to not hire him. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4983054/Colin-Kaerpernick-sue-NFL-owners-not-hiring-him.html

What a turd. Good luck proving it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2017 11:18:26 PM
Kaepernick must have seen that Seinfeld episode I saw tonight where George thinks if he does everything different (wrong), it will actually work in his favor. Kaepernick really is a 💩
 deetristate
Msg: 367
Posted: 10/16/2017 4:08:52 AM
he is filing a grievance that may lead to a lawsuit.

he could win.

depends on where he sues.

and it appears that they did collude

and they are, after all, like one big mafia.

(see once upon a time in america)

good discusion of the issue in sports illustrated, weighing both sides.

"""Kaepernick needs more than mere supposition or belief that he has been victimized by a conspiracy. Perhaps he has an email, text, social media message, video, audio recording, hand-written note or sworn testimony from a witness. Maybe his agents, Jeffrey Nalley and Sean Kiernan, are in possession of such evidence. Regardless, the evidence must clearly show that two or more teams, or the NFL and a team or teams, conspired to deny Kaepernick of an opportunity to play in the NFL.""""

i still don'get why people are so upset.

about a piece of cloth.

and i have a flag on my car and a flag lapel pin for the 4th, flag day, vetrans day, and memorial day.
it is not required and i don't believe that everyone must.

it is not like the players gave the flag the finger or anything.
but some people are so, so upset.

but maybe that is the point.

to upset the people who think that the police are just dandy.

well, i guess that it is working.

even though it pales in comparison to how they feel whenever they see a police car.
just dwb.

poppata
Msg: 368
Posted: 10/16/2017 5:28:26 AM
"What a turd. Good luck proving it"

All it will take is one person with personal knowledge testifying to that possible fact under oath.
 poppata
Msg: 369
Posted: 10/16/2017 5:35:49 AM
And I believe he has a case...they are retaliating against him because he exercised fundamental constitutional rights in a quiet, peaceful manner. Trump has polluted the atmosphere, so the courts will be sure to bend over backwards to see he gets a fair hearing in the face of the horror in chief.
 gtomustang
Msg: 370
Posted: 10/16/2017 5:46:30 AM
They are interesting NFL facts, and i'm surprised the GOP didn't complain about these occurances. After all, they ALL get in the way of playing the game and enjoying the game and relaxing from these issues....don't they? So why was that free speech not worth having a national political discussion about it? Meanwhile there was a great political cartoon this weekend about all the things in the White House that "I can't be left alone with a woman" Pence could have walked out on to show his feelings on those issues. I think it was George Will who mentioned Pence should take a cue from Corker on sticking up for what is right.

AS AN INDIVIDUAL, a president has a right to an opinion. Obama expressed a few, and the Republicans have had issues with those opinions coming from the White House (heck, join the military and see what happens to your free speech rights!). About 2 years ago I think, Obama questioned why do sports stadiums get $3.2 billion in tax breaks, and apparently Chump decided to copy Obama (Again) and Tuesday morning twitted a threat to take that away if the NFL kept ignoring the bended knees.

http://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-demause-trump-nfl-tax-breaks-1015-20171013-story.html

Yule_liquor
Msg: 371
Posted: 10/16/2017 7:55:20 AM
Unless Kaep has a credible whistleblower in his corner, I doubt his grievance will go anywhere...as much as I would like to see him win!

The Nfl has been blacklisting lesser known players and even coaches for decades...they are old hands at it.
 chameleonf
Msg: 372
Posted: 10/16/2017 8:46:05 AM

Comrade Trump doesn't care about patriotism, it's all a personal vendetta because professional sports teams are no longer staying at a Trump hotel on the road.

We all know this has gone just beyond Trump "giving his opinion". To say otherwise is having a pathetic Kellyanne Conway or Sarah Huckabee Sanders spin moment.
 poppata
Msg: 373
Posted: 10/16/2017 9:30:35 AM
"Unless Kaep has a credible whistleblower in his corner, I doubt his grievance will go anywhere...as much as I would like to see him win!"

He has a good lawyer...you never know what will turn up in the litigation process. One disgruntled NFL employee may be enough to open up Pandoras box.
 deetristate
Msg: 374
Posted: 10/16/2017 1:20:06 PM
in any event, he will be fine. he has 25 million dollars.

good game yesterday with kc and pittsbugh.

and the giants finally got a win.
 _babblefish
Msg: 375
Posted: 10/16/2017 2:07:58 PM

good game yesterday with kc and pittsbugh.

^ no it wasn't . . . Rapelisberger is one of biggest P'sOS in the NFL
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem