Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 476
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 20 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
1) there are common phrases that we don't realize can be offensive, like when you say you got gyp'd by a store...the word "gyp" is short for "gypsy", who stereotypically would come into town and sell cheap products and then move on. Or "rule of thumb", based on the rule you couldn't beat your wife with a rod thicker than your thumb.

however

there was a time, I like to think in most of ours' lives, when we were taught...if someone was offended by what you said...that it was polite, and good form...to apologize for them being offended. It wasn't being PC, it wasn't opening yourself up a lawsuit, it was just being a good person. It took strength to apologize, to admit you weren't perfect, that you spoke without knowing all the facts, and everyone could move on.

now certain people get offended that other people get offended. Geez, be the bigger person...apologize and move on. I look at recent movies that have Mel Gibson, remember when he was on the s% list? Or Hugh Grant? Apologize and move on.

2) that said, I agree with a lot of posters here from both sides of the political fence, wondering how a big deal can be made about knees but we ignore dog fighting and rape and other actual bad behavior...b/c the player doing it can place a ball in an end zone. boy, what a hero!

3) I don't imagine a company with 2 employees is going to help Puerto Rico that much. Best to find a real company with experience to handle that...rather than waste weeks to watch them fail THEN do what should have been done.
 from site to sight
Msg: 477
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 10/31/2017 6:29:53 AM
" there are common phrases that we don't realize can be offensive..."

Not only common phrases being offensive, but certain actions. I remember as a kid, boys would often play "Cowboys and Indians" with toy guns, and the Indians would somehow always be conceived as the "bad guys". With racism and white supremacy being praised as good qualities in the White House now, I wonder if parents would be offended if their kids were to play "Cowboys and Muslims" or "Cowboys and Jews" or "Cowboys and Mexicans", with of course, the Cowboy being the good guy and the other side being the bad guy.
 deetristate
Msg: 478
Posted: 10/31/2017 6:56:22 AM
mosad would win, so . . .
 yesmagaDtrump2020
Msg: 479
Posted: 10/31/2017 11:46:09 AM
No more money from taxpayers to pay for the stadiums of these UNPATRIOTIC Players.
NFL=No Fans Left.
They do have the right to protest, so we all have the same right. Already trashed my nfl shirt, my son did it too While my daughter smiled with pleasure.
 deetristate
Msg: 480
Posted: 10/31/2017 12:10:00 PM
so you destroy your property and deprive you and your son of a pasttime because people kneeled.
huh.

that is like destroying and burning down the neighborhood you live in to strike out at other people.

or shutting down an entire production of House of Cards and putting hundreds out of work because of an allegation of someone about something that may or may not have occured to a teenager 30 years ago.
maybe ephebophilia. maybe not.
tried concvicted and hung.
everyone involved in the production.

huh

Kj521
Msg: 481
Posted: 10/31/2017 12:50:02 PM
"so you destroy your property and deprive you and your son of a pasttime because people kneeled.
huh."

It is simply just getting rid of items, related to a pastime no longer enjoyed, and thus, no longer necessary. :)

"or shutting down an entire production of House of Cards and putting hundreds out of work because of an allegation of someone about something that may or may not have occured to a teenager 30 years ago."

You ever hit on a 14 yr old when you were drunk?

I know that I can say with absolute certainty I have never...drunk or sober.

Gonna go out on a limb and say....most people...who are not attracted to children....can be certain about this....alcohol or not.
 yesmagaDtrump2020
Msg: 482
Posted: 10/31/2017 1:03:30 PM
Nah
I know your mind can't be that cloudy.
Hint:
Nobody keep objects or things from people who doesn't show respect towards the things we the fans respect..they are hurting our feelings by doing it and they know that and keep doing it. No matter what NFL is saying They must show respect for the flag and what it represents infront of us the fans who are the ones paying them. They can protest somewhere else but because they didn't care ..... NFL players will get what they deserve. shirts became a cleaning rag for the motor oil of my son's car..that was the ending.
As my son said, baseball time now and on.
 John252817
Msg: 483
Posted: 10/31/2017 1:10:05 PM
Hopefully baseball doesn't follow suit. One baseball player did kneel, a backup catcher for the oakland a's. But this outstanding "kneeler" was just arrested on gun charges.....YIKES!!!!!! Maybe the nfl players can kneel for him to show their support....YIKES!!!
 _babblefish
Msg: 484
Posted: 10/31/2017 1:16:13 PM
why wouldn't you donate a jersey to a kid that can't afford one?

if y'all are gonna follow fascist flag rules, then follow them, quit cherry picking, i checked, it's an extensive of ..oh no no no you can't do that:

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.

Bunting of blue, white, and red always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkin or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

lulz
 daynadaze
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2017 3:08:53 PM
Production is shut down while this is investigated, but I do find it odd that someone who has been hate spewing about sexual orientations other than male/female are mentally ill, but is now spewing on about how unfairly a man is being treated who may have sexually abused a teenager. And how is this about political parties?

Back to sports games...no one is required to praised their country's flag, we may not like it, but it's all part of our freedom.
 backcreek7
Msg: 486
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2017 5:49:27 PM
" no one is required to praise their country's flag "

^^^ no one is required to protest an issue - when they are gainfully employed, to be doing something else ( they are in-fact ~ getting paid to stand during the national anthem )

.........^ I know you ment this, as to be included but ~ it deserves to be said ~ It is not the flag ( a piece of cloth ) we give praise to, it is our great country ~ THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ..

And - as much as your statement may be true, it may also be true that ~ the owners have the right to not retain ~ employees who don't abide by their rules ( especially if in fact, their rules have already been established & agreed upon, as valid )
 backcreek7
Msg: 487
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2017 6:51:23 PM
I'm gonna go way out on a limb here ~
I think, respecting our flag / country < one in the same ...

Is WAY more important then football ( period! ) and I love the sport ~

so there, col
 deetristate
Msg: 488
Posted: 10/31/2017 7:27:17 PM
when you understand that no one "hates" anyone ( "hate" is such an over- mis-used word) you will understand why everyone deserves the presumption of innocence, even the mentally ill, bizzare and degenerate - everyone- and a view of the situation as a whole and not an immediate slaughter based on an allegation amid an onslaught of allegations by attention seekers and frightened pc responses about something that happened or didn't thirty years ago.

hey. everyone. if you really hate anyone, just accuse him or her of some "sexual harrasment (assualt or rape unnecessary) and the people will believe you and do your dirty work for you. no one will ask you to prove it true in a court of law or any such nonesense.
 Kj521
Msg: 489
Posted: 10/31/2017 7:49:57 PM
Ms. Dee?

Have you ever sexually assaulted a teenage boy ( or girl) as an adult while intoxicated?

vvvv They are turning off their Tv's. Everyone's freedom to protest is protected. End of story.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 490
Posted: 10/31/2017 7:52:05 PM

Back to sports games...no one is required to praised their country's flag, we may not like it, but it's all part of our freedom.

^ spot on!

We did NOT have 700,000 US service men fight and die to preserve our liberties for this country in WW2......in order to have some damn fascist say something like..."Ya better stand for the NA...or else..."

If some folks don't like these players protesting..........then feel FREE to turn OFF your TV set... or change the channel

Its funny that these same folks who complain about the NA protests...have NO PROBLEM watching a sport in which a sizable number of players have been charged (or convicted) of felonies.

But carry on with more faux sanctimony.
 daynadaze
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2017 10:51:41 PM
Personally I love the whole ritual of the flag, the songs, I am full of American pride for my country, I also very much aware of my country's faults. While I love my right to love our flag, I see no reason to force others to do the same. There is no law forcing anyone to honor our rituals, and I sure as hell don't want bullcrap like this whining over people expressing their right to protest to ruin our freedoms.
 deetristate
Msg: 492
Posted: 11/1/2017 6:13:53 AM
""Ms. Dee?

Have you ever sexually assaulted a teenage boy ( or girl) as an adult while intoxicated?"""

no.

---------------------

an nfl player was accused of assault by an exgirlfriend and suspended for six games

EVEN THOUGH

investigating authorities did not find evidrnce to charge him with a crime.
( they will probably bow to pc presdure and charge him, though)

again, accusations should do the trick against your enemies. nothing else needed.

and you oeople are worried about kneeling before (not burning , or italian saluting) a flag or during the national anthem?
 benartflick
Msg: 493
Posted: 11/1/2017 7:38:33 AM

Have you ever sexually assaulted a teenage boy (or girl) as an adult while intoxicated?

Shortly after my 15th birthday I had the pleasure of being sexually assaulted (sort of) by an adult female. I still have fond memories. If my older sister wasn't there, that woman might have been in for a big surprise (kinda big due to her fantastic breasts).

Apparently Dell, that woman, was teasing me in front of my friend and my sister. She pushed her firm large breasts against me, kissed my lips, and with both her hands grabbed my butt cheeks. If my sister wasn't there, I know I would have been doing a lot of grabbing myself (one target might have been an area Trump has been accused of grabbing, but I have yet to hear of one reliable victim - don't believe I ever will).

Dell might have done a bit more if my sister hadn't warned that I might tell my mother. (Yeah, right! If my sister wasn't there and I was a lot smarter, I might have said into the bedroom or I'll tell my mom and the cops. If it took a little blackmail, it would have been worth it - truth be told.)

Most normal teenage boys didn't have a problem with being sexually assaulted by older women. (You realize Rapp was gay - right?) And our standards were extremely low during that time period. At 18 some of us raised our standards while many still didn't care - a few bragged as long as they're not dead for more than 48 hours.

Personally after the age of 20 I've never been sexually attracted to anyone under the age of 18, for sure. Of course I admired their beauty, but no urge to touch or hit on. Now (started about 5 months ago) I lost the urge to touch or hit on a woman under the age of 50. Can't even guess why. Gotta be insane.
 gtomustang
Msg: 494
Posted: 11/1/2017 8:08:56 AM
Not to speak for the ladies, but there's a big diff between creepy Weinstein, Bill Clinton, or O'Reilly, and some broad with big ta-tas that you actually would be willing to consent to. and the word is, "consent". do normal teen boys have a problem with being assaulted by older women? If the boy didn't want it, and yet gets told there's something wrong with not enjoying sex with someone he wouldn't find attractive b/c he's still attracted to women his age...or he's so young he's confused about sex at that age...then, yeah, he's going to need some counseling at a later age to understand what happened and what was his role in it.

http://kalimunro.com/wp/articles-info/sexual-emotional-abuse/male-sexual-abuse-victims-of-female-perpetrators

not all older women attacking younger boys look like Sophia Loren. The reason "MILF" exists as a term is, few young boys find Mrs. Robinson to be smoking hot. Blame biology and our need to procreate, if you want. Personally, I had older women hit on me b/c I was mature for my age, and I didn't find them attractive, and other guys my age didn't think older women were attractive when we could get women our age. In retrospect, old men might regret what they "passed up", but they're looking at it thru their older eyes.
 toocash
Msg: 495
Posted: 11/1/2017 8:25:45 AM

Most normal teenage boys didn't have a problem with being sexually assaulted by older women.

How do you define "older women"? a girl in her senior year of highschool?

Its all a matter of the culture you are brought up in.

Speaking for myself, I was a damn good looking guy...and I knew it.... (those were the days), and at fifteen I was already close to my full adult height, broad-shouldered, thick hair....and NEVER did I have an "older woman" (as in twenties and upwards) make any kinds of moves on me. Older women made comments to my MOM about my looks...that I remember. But try to seduce me? No way No day. It just wasn't the type of culture I was brought up in. I also wasn't brought up in a culture where my peers had babies so they could get welfare. Different strokes for different folks.

Of course, can't say I would have minded if a woman in her twenties had put the moves on me. On the other hand, I would have been petrified without any real idea what I was supposed to do.
 toocash
Msg: 496
Posted: 11/1/2017 8:37:07 AM

EVEN THOUGH

investigating authorities did not find evidrnce to charge him with a crime.
( they will probably bow to pc presdure and charge him, though)

again, accusations should do the trick against your enemies. nothing else needed.

No..most prosecutors do not charge based on public pressure, especially when it is merely a he said she said scenario

and the standard to charge with a crime is the same as conviction....can be be convicted beyond a reasonable doubt.

That does not mean if somebody claims sexual assault and a private employer finds the "victim" credible under the facts, they cannot suspend.

That's the way the world works...if somebody accuses you of something Dee, you can be in a world of hurt. You can be charged with a crime, suit can be brought against you...all for something you assert you never did....but guess what...you still have to defend yourself. ...you can still be found guilty of a crime...that happens every day of the week. Try hanging around divorce court where there is a custody battle....and see the accusations fly.
 benartflick
Msg: 497
Posted: 11/1/2017 9:20:13 AM

"then, yeah, he's going to need some counseling at a later age to understand what happened and what was his role in it."

You honestly believe that? I'm not too surprised you referenced an article written by a woman. Really? Ya can't be serious. A woman knows more about your thoughts and feeling than you do? We have firsthand knowledge. Dah!

So you had NO sexual experiences or sexual encounters prior to your 18th birthday? No disturbing experiences that you didn't have a problem getting over?

I recall at least 3 attempts at nailing women 21 and slightly older when I was 16. Sad to say I didn't succeed. If I had, I wouldn't have needed counseling. You might have?

I had quite a few disturbing experiences like many people I knew. We all got over it without counseling. I would never recommend counseling. Those quacks have a habit of killing people with legalized drugs. One almost killed my wife - another one succeeded long after our divorce.

I speak for myself, my experiences, thoughts, and the friends I had when growing up. Why blame it on biology or anything? If the laws had anything to do with my failure to score an older attractive woman, I blame the law and I'll show it one of my fingers.

Being attractive to women is one of the joys of being alive. I've been attracted to attractive women since the age of 5 (that I know of). Most of the kids I grew up with felt the same way. (No, none of us were attracted to our moms like that famous overrated nutcase was.) You weren't that way? At what age did you become attracted to women or girls?

"How do you define "older women"? a girl in her senior year of highschool?"

I guess a year older and up to mid 30's. Also I should've written "normal teenage boys 'wouldn't' have a problem" instead of 'didn't'.
 chameleonf
Msg: 498
Posted: 11/1/2017 9:30:35 AM
^All I can say is that all these women who you say have hit on you over your lifetime must have been attracted to your classiness...in a water seeking it's own level sort of way. Not to worry though, you've still got it, no matter your age!
 toocash
Msg: 499
Posted: 11/1/2017 9:51:27 AM
Reminds me of the movie Summer of 42. I was a teenager when I saw it at the theater..fell in love with older woman Jennifer Oneil. Great movie.

daynadaze
Msg: 500
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2017 10:03:13 AM
Then I guess you'd be shocked by the numbers of men struggling with the effects of adults molesting/raping them when they were underage or when they were in a powerless position. This idea that you had a woohoo moment with an sexually abusive woman, isn't anything to be bragging about. Stop blaming victims.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem