Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 501
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 21 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
Only females should be on their knees

It’s not sexual assault until someone says NO

Stop rewarding bad behavior and it will go away
 gtomustang
Msg: 502
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 11/1/2017 11:19:42 AM
"so you had no sexual experience prior to your 18th b'day?"

>>>like most, I played doctor with someone MY AGE, chased women MY AGE, etc. I wasn't being sexually assaulted by older women. When I was 19 or 20, there was a woman from EB who lost her job and was living up in Willimantic and working with us, she was hoping for a date with me b/c I was more mature than the men she met (according to her, my boss's cousin sent a dozen long stem roses to the workplace to impress her and the lady wasn't impressed that it became everyone's business). To men her age, i'm sure she was attractive. To my age, used to petite girls with no stretch marks, firm skin, wasp waists and the like...she looked like someone's mom. But she was polite about the whole thing, not invading my physical space and it wasn't like I was 12 and still figuring things out.

there's a big chasm between wanting someone sexually and getting them, and not wanting someone at all, and having them force themselves on you. When its "successful", we have a term for it...rape. If someone needs counseling to get over something that happened to them...then they should get counseling. If they can get over it without it, then that's fine for them, too. Young boys probably want to be GI Joe, too, but it doesn't mean they're ready for what they see there.
 benartflick
Msg: 503
Posted: 11/1/2017 11:23:12 AM

"All I can say is that all these women who you say have hit on you over your lifetime must have been attracted to your classiness...in a water seeking it's own level sort of way."

I think ya misunderstood everything I wrote. It might be that language barrier: Canadian vs. American.

Your average American 16 year-old boy living in the northeast back then wasn't too classy. Most of the girls seemed to be.

Were most 16 year-old boys in Canada classy whey you were a young girl?

"Reminds me of the movie Summer of 42."

The biographer made it clear that was one of the best times of his life. He didn't need to see a councilor. You and I both know that's true. A man from CT apparently thinks a teenager being hit on by an older attractive woman might require counseling.

My entire 8th grade class (boys only) got over being sexually abused by a perverted gym teacher. Embarrassing and traumatic at the time.

After I was drafted I had to stand nude in a circle with 50 other nude boys. A quack went around checking our prostate. Methinks a little bit more traumatic than someone hitting on ya.

My only point was I certainly don't believe any normal MALE would have mental problems due to be hit on by an older attractive female. I NEVER was. I mentioned I was being teased - it was embarrassing because my sister was there and a friend (embarrassed only because I was a wuss - I had both my away from her body. If my sister wasn't there, I would've acted differently without any remorse whatsoever later on in life. I'm sure of that. Hell, I'm a male. I guess females might be seriously traumatized.

Maybe one of our female members might educate us. I must have seriously traumatized more than a dozen girls my age in the backseat of a car in my early teens - without scoring. My guess you made out with more and scored a few times. I think if I was taller I might have scored. Only a guess. (I could have scored with 3 of them, but it was one of those I will but really don't want to - in other words they said 'no' but still would allow me in. BJs were out of the question back then. One girl said she wouldn't even go down on her husband, but she was willing to go down on Elvis.)

"you'd be shocked by the numbers of men struggling with the effects of adults molesting/raping them"

Nope, I suspect financial gain has a lot (if not everything) to do with it.

Bragging? I shared an embarrassing moment. I allowed an older woman to tease me in front of a friend. Being a 'wuss' isn't something men or boys brag about. (The mystery is not doing what I should've done because my sister was there. My guess my sister's friend wouldn't have done what she did if my sister wasn't there.)

My only point is normal boys don't have a problem being hit on. You really think you know what bothers us more than we do? I have no idea how girls or women think in a similar situation. Base on what I've read it doesn't take much to give you all serious mental problems. I recently saw a woman crying (on TV) about one quick unwanted kiss that happened over 20 years ago. My guess you think that kiss is worth a million bucks in damages - right?
 toocash
Msg: 504
Posted: 11/1/2017 11:25:23 AM

Then I guess you'd be shocked by the numbers of men struggling with the effects of adults molesting/raping them when they were underage or when they were in a powerless position.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about men who were molested by men when they were a very young age. Think Alter-boy and Priest. Ask Herod about this, he is an expert on the subject. I don't think a fifteen year old boy would be easy pickings for being raped...not unless violence was involved and then the person is simply a rapist and needs to be put away for life.

I must admit, I don't see many fifteen year old boys being horribly scarred by sexual experiences with older women, assuming of course it is only seduction and not rape... but still it would be a crime and the older woman could pay a very serious price.

chameleonf
Msg: 505
Posted: 11/1/2017 11:28:41 AM

I think ya misunderstood everything I wrote. It might be that language barrier: Canadian vs. American.

Yes, there is that Canadian vs. 'merican language barrier. You did misunderstand. I will clarify for you: You would appear to have been, and still are, as classless as you were at 16, as are the women you have relayed your experiences with on here from time to time. Hope that helps.
 N2U16
Msg: 506
Posted: 11/1/2017 12:07:13 PM
"An Open Secret" is available on vimeo
https://vimeo.com/142444429
 Kj521
Msg: 507
Posted: 11/1/2017 1:28:32 PM
^^^^Maybe if a few people watch that documentary...they might understand why it is not okay for grown azz adults to sexually assault or as some like to put it..."hit on"...children.

And yes....a 14 yr old boy or girl is still a child. It does not matter if the adult is intoxicated or gay.
 daynadaze
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2017 2:43:27 PM
And you would be wrong, men and women equally sexually abuse children, pedophiles like to have sexual activity with those not old enough to be making that decision.
 Kj521
Msg: 509
Posted: 11/1/2017 3:20:24 PM
Are you addressing me, Ms. Dayna?

If so...where did I suggest sex differences with regard to the sexual abuse of children. But you should check the stats on your "equally" claim.

"pedophiles like to have sexual activity with those not old enough to be making that decision"

Believe it encompasses more than that.

Technically....Kevin Spacey (and many others in Hollywood) is a Hebephilia....but why split hairs. Let's just call him (and others) a....sick perverted malignant blight on humanity....and call it a day. :)
 toocash
Msg: 510
Posted: 11/1/2017 3:50:09 PM
"And you would be wrong, men and women equally sexually abuse children"

Proof?
 daynadaze
Msg: 511
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2017 7:07:19 PM
No I was addressing Ben's comment that boys aren't effected by adults who sexually abuse them. And I am not talking about guys bragging to guys, I am talking about when these men feel they are in a safe environment where they can open up. Of course Ben thinks he knows more than me, sadly many men suffer because of people who think boys don't suffer from inappropriate sexual use by adults, just like girls. Girls have sexual desires too, they have fantasies, they want sexual attention too, but children are not to be used by adults. Adults who use children's sexual learning, are sick.
 benartflick
Msg: 512
Posted: 11/2/2017 5:44:36 AM

"And you would be wrong, men and women equally sexually abuse children"

I never suggested that isn't true.

"No I was addressing Ben's comment that boys aren't effected by adults who sexually abuse them."

Ben was sharing his experience and thoughts about the possible affects on my friends and me, certainly not all the boys in the USA. But I do have doubts about some so-called suffering mentioned in a few lawsuits I read about.

"Of course Ben thinks he knows more than me"

Nah! Ben KNOWS more about my feelings, my experiences and my thoughts than you do.

The boys I grew up with and I were very resilient. So were the men I served with in combat situations. We got over stressful dealings rather quickly. I have plenty of bad memories, but I don't get stressed out when I think about them. A few do make me sad.

We would NOT consider a sexual encounter with an older, attractive woman, a stressful event. "The Summer of '42" is a realistic view of the way we were. Those were fond memories for that author and I believe most men would think the same way. Ya think one male member on this forum might come forward believing he would have been stressed out if an older attractive woman had taken advantage of him when he was 14 or 15?

When I was 7 I was sexually abused by our landlord's teenage son (they lived downstairs from my family). Afterwards I waited for him on the stairway with a baseball bat. When he entered the house I split the side of his forehead open with the bat. 23 years later I ran into him at work. He had a long noticeable scar running down the side of his forehead. I believe if he was a girl, I wouldn't have been mad and I think I might have been waiting for her with flowers instead of a baseball bat. Yeah, really - unless she looked like my ex-mother-in-law - then maybe the bat.
 gtomustang
Msg: 513
Posted: 11/2/2017 6:03:14 AM
it is amusing when someone sees an argument slipping away and changes their point in order to fool a win. Do people enjoy getting something they want? yes. Do they enjoy getting something they didn't want? no. Can getting something they don't want, forced upon them, leave a scar? sure. They may think they are alright, but you watch them taking their anger out on other people, and you assume they aren't as healthy as they want to believe. on the flip side, finding a good counselor isn't the easiest thing in the world, some got into the field to understand what happened to them as a child.

Apparently, someone got sexually assaulted at a young age, and they sought their own form of counseling for it. It bothered them enough that they couldn't just shake it off, and did something about it that made them feel better about it. He had enough mental issues about what happened to him, he risked causing brain damage or death to his abuser. Did he comtemplate the legal ramifications of his actions before he did them, or was he driven by rage? Who knows.

We have age of consent for a reason. like KJ said:

And yes....a 14 yr old boy or girl is still a child. It does not matter if the adult is intoxicated or gay.
 toocash
Msg: 514
Posted: 11/2/2017 8:03:29 AM
^^^^^You don't really believe this guy. A seven year old plotting revenge against a teenager who raped him, taking his head off with a baseball bat. The teenager never prosecuted, the 7 year old never prosecuted...sure thing. LOL.
 John252817
Msg: 515
Posted: 11/2/2017 7:33:27 PM
Chris Cwik,Big League Stew Wed, Nov 1 2:24 PM PDT

Oakland Athletics catcher Bruce Maxwell takes a knee next to teammate Mark Canha (R) during the national anthem before a baseball game against the Texas Rangers in Arlington, Texas, Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017. (AP Photo/LM Otero)
The police report from Oakland Athletics catcher Bruce Maxwell’s arrest has been released, and provides more details on Maxwell’s actions the night he was arrested for aggravated assault with a weapon and disorderly conduct.

The report, which totals 20 pages, includes the statements of eight officers who were on the scene. Personal information, such as Maxwell’s address, have been redacted. You can read the full police report here.

Here’s a rundown of the relevant points, according to the officers:

• A Postmates delivery person called police saying a man pointed a gun at her while she was delivering food to his home. The man was later identified as Maxwell. According to the woman, Maxwell opened the door and pointed a gun at her face. She asked if he was “Bruce,” the name on the order. Maxwell acknowledged the gun at one point, telling her “not to worry about” it. He eventually took the gun out of her face and took the food. She made it to her car and called police. The woman said the whole interaction took about 60 seconds.

• Police arrived at the scene, found Maxwell and asked him to call 911 and listen to the person on the line regarding how to exit the house safely. He walked out of the house with his hand raised and cell phone to his ear.

• Officers asked Maxwell if he had any guns. He admitted to having two, but said he also had a concealed carry permit. Police returned later with a search warrant and found both firearms.

• Maxwell was compliant until asked to get on the ground. He was handcuffed by officers at this time. One officer readied his taser, while at least two others pointed their firearms at Maxwell during this time. Neither the taser nor firearms were used.

• As officers began asking Maxwell questions, they reported a strong odor of alcohol on his breath. One officer said Maxwell was “often yelling,” using excessive profanities and kept contradicting his version of events.

• At some point during the questioning, Maxwell reportedly grew upset and started “making anti-police statements.”

• The woman positively identified Maxwell as the person who put a gun in her face after he was taken into custody.

• Police confirmed that a “Bruce M.” placed an order at the restaurant where the Postmates driver picked up Maxwell’s food.

The 26-year-old Maxwell is the only Major League Baseball player to take a knee in protest during the national anthem. He played in 76 games with the Athletics in 2017, hitting .237/.329/.333. Maxwell began kneeling at the end of the season, and explained his reasoning behind the decision to Yahoo Sports’ Jeff Passan.

Shortly after the end of the regular season, Maxwell was involved in an incident at an Alabama restaurant where he claimed a waiter refused to serve him due to his protests. The waiter has called Maxwell’s version of events “an absolute lie.”

Shortly after his arrest, the A’s said they were disappointed and were still gathering information about the case.

Maxwell could be subject to discipline by either the team or the league depending on what comes of this situation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

^^^^^Kinda seems like the michael bennett thingy, we have these all high and mighty players who kneel and then they get into trouble that contradicts what they "supposedly" are so deeply concerned about. Hypocrisy at its finest....YIKES!!!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 516
Posted: 11/3/2017 5:08:56 AM

Speaking of pedo f*cks, isn't it interesting how Barbara Walters BLASTED Corey Feldman in 2013 on the "The View" for mentioning the predators in Hollywood? She scolded him like a dog by saying "you're damaging an entire industry!!"

Do you think she would have said that to another woman?? Hell no.
 Kj521
Msg: 517
Posted: 11/3/2017 5:53:08 AM
"Do you think she would have said that to another woman?? Hell no."

Depends on if the woman adhered to her political views. The woman on The View do not stand up for any woman, man or child outside their liberal agenda. Sad but true.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 518
Posted: 11/3/2017 8:51:48 AM

Depends on if the woman adhered to her political views. The woman on The View do not stand up for any woman, man or child outside their liberal agenda. Sad but true.

Yes, it's very true.

Hey, you missed your calling. You should have replaced that Elisabeth Hasselbeck chick when she left....haha.
 deetristate
Msg: 519
Posted: 11/3/2017 9:21:01 AM
no one is saying that child/ teen molestors are not among the scum.

my problem is that all you have to do is get accused and people jump on the guilty bandwagon.

and i have a problem with casting couch volunteers suddenly wanting to be victims. grown women.

i remember all the child care workers whose lives were ruined by false accusations.

the recantations were not on page 1.

neither were media, family and so-called friend apologies.
 _babblefish
Msg: 520
Posted: 11/3/2017 9:37:03 AM
^ awwww at #517/18.., is the Truman Show illusion breaking down in mayberry and beyond ? when is entertainment real ? are you looking for a more exciting alternative life?

y'all need to stop electing fake movie/tv personalities as political figures

so precious

how come nones y'all has mentioned the 12's standing and applauding the kneeling texans, tv showed it, right?

*snort
 _babblefish
Msg: 521
Posted: 11/3/2017 9:44:09 AM
a former New Jersey police chief, is facing federal charges:

Feds: Small-Town Police Chief Said Black People Were 'Like ISIS' And Wished He Could 'Mow 'Em Down'

this is why they kneel
 John252817
Msg: 522
Posted: 11/3/2017 10:14:39 AM
^^^^^ If this is fact, then that police chief should be fired. As far as why they kneel? I wonder if the players kneel when they sign these million dollar contracts from owners that are questionable characters???? Oh that's right, it is "selective" kneeling...got it! YIKES!!!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 523
Posted: 11/3/2017 1:57:36 PM

^ awwww at #517/18

"Awww" at you, as well, Grandma Gertrude. Taking a break from the shuffleboard court to obsess over what KJ and I are posting?

how come nones y'all has mentioned the 12's standing and applauding the kneeling texans, tv showed it, right?

Gosh, I don't know. It might have been because I was discussing something completely unrelated, maybe?
 John252817
Msg: 524
Posted: 11/3/2017 3:57:31 PM
"how come nones y'all has mentioned the 12's standing and applauding the kneeling texans, tv showed it, right?"

^^^^^^ The city of seattle is so backward liberal, maybe lots of them were there. Kind of like their head coach who supported michael bennet before the proof came out from vegas, him talking how traumatized mike was. Pete is such a tool. We all know how that story played out yet you don't hear a peep about it. Too bad the NFL hasn't the guts to make them stand, even though it is a policy to do so, they just don't enforce it. These rich players can have a platform beyond going to work for their bosses at anytime. The media would follow them and cover what they want to achieve. But at a place of work, where the NFL has rules about players wearing certain things and not allowing them(cancer awareness from players wearing certain things on their uniform, supporting police who have been killed in line of duty(dallas) and many other things. Yet they shrivel up and are held hostage by these players who kneel. Well, looks like their are repercussions on this which will be interesting if the NFL and the owners keep allowing their game to keep losing its fans/merchandising/etc. YIKES!!!
 Kj521
Msg: 525
Posted: 11/3/2017 4:22:22 PM
"Retired Naval officer and military veteran's advocate turns down award at Saints game"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2017/11/02/retired-naval-officer-turns-down-award-saints-game/827915001/

Everyone has a right to protest and express their opinion. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem