Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 John252817
Msg: 526
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 22 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
I read about that Kj and loved it. The saints football team was quite offended.....boo hoo!!!!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 527
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 11/3/2017 5:04:00 PM
Thank you for the link, and from that link the Saints response:

"Respectfully and honorably, we chose Mr. Wells for the Peoples Health Champion Award purposefully for this game to bring to light the exact issues that he and his organization represent- the health and wellbeing of our military, veterans and their families. Unfortunately, he has chosen very publicly not to accept this honor and refused the opportunity to promote the very cause for which he was being honored and distract from awareness we hoped to build throughout our community. We respect his decision, he has that right, and we thank him for his service to our country and his past efforts on behalf of the military and veterans.

"Throughout Mr. Wells' media appearances today, he has stated he no longer supports NFL football. That is unfortunate and disappointing considering the New Orleans Saints' unwavering 50-plus year commitment to honor, support and recognize our servicemen and women and veterans. We will not allow Mr. Wells' decision and subsequent media appearances to distract our players and organization from continuing to honor and support our military and veterans. We, as an organization, have decided to move on from this sad and divisive discourse and focus our attention on supporting our military and veterans. In lieu of honoring Mr. Wells, we will use the time allotted for the Peoples Health Champion Award to highlight non-political military advocacy programs and encourage our fans and community to join us in contributing to these groups who directly support our military and veterans.

"Our players have chosen to stand for our National Anthem out of respect for the flag, our servicemen and women and veterans in every game since our inception in 1967 with the exception of one game - the Week Three game at Carolina when a few of our players did sit. We could not be more proud of the work our players do in the community and with our military, arguably a model program in the league. Our players have been clear and steadfast in their support for our military and veterans - not just with their words but with their actions - including visits with the military at home and abroad. Just two days ago, Saints players visited the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in Belle Chasse in partnership with USAA's Salute to Service Week. Their support for wounded veterans and their families and other meaningful engagement are normally conducted out of the public eye.

"If we are to be challenged about our dedication to the military, we then contend we are leaders when it comes to financial support as well as the thousands of service hours our organization and players gladly contribute to the military, including the Wounded Warrior Project, the American Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes, the World War II Museum, Louisiana Heroes Project, Operation Homefront, the Louisiana National Guard, the US Marines (Saints/Marines Bike and Toy Giveaway), the National Flight Academy and Bastion. We take enormous pride in our support of the military, the flag and our National Anthem. Mr. Benson, who served on the USS South Dakota in World War II, has personally donated to, and has been recognized by the United States Military Academy at West Point and the United States Navy where he was awarded the prestigious Lone Sailor Award, among other recognitions for his support of our military."

Here is Peoples Health's full statement:

"The Peoples Health Champions program recognizes the exceptional achievements that Louisiana residents have accomplished at age 65 or older.

"Since 2003, we have recognized 138 Louisiana seniors who shatter the myth that getting older means slowing down.

"We will honor Cmdr John Wells' request to decline the recognition. Given the time constraints, there will not be a new Peoples Health Champion recognized during the game on Sunday, Nov. 5."
 benartflick
Msg: 528
Posted: 11/4/2017 6:53:15 AM

Toocash wrote, "You don't really believe this guy. A seven year old plotting revenge against a teenager who raped him, taking his head off with a baseball bat. The teenager never prosecuted, the 7 year old never prosecuted...sure thing. LOL."

Nah, it wasn't rape. (Ya not gonna believe what he did on his knees - and I hit him because he didn't pay me the 5 bucks he had promised - it had nothing to do with stress. Yeah, even more unbelievable - right?) I'm surprised at you, toocash. Thinking it's funny?

If the guy and I are still alive next summer, I'd bet you 10 grand or more I can find him in RI, but all I have to prove is he has a long scar on the side of his forehead and I gave it to him when I was 7 (I know I was seven because of a picture taken with him prior to the incident. I have no problem posting that picture in my profile if ya don't believe me.)

Believability? How about these rulings in a courthouse near GTO: Judge Seymour Hendel?

A man was convicted of raping his 7 & 9 year-old stepdaughters numerous times over a 3 month time period. The judge gave him probation and told a reporter that the girls were asking for it by walking around the house in their underwear. (Ya don't believe that either - right?)

A 19 year-old sailor was convicted for raping a 15 year-old girl, molesting my daughter, and giving both minor girls alcohol. He was sentenced 25 years to life in prison. Same judge! The girls LIED! The truth came out in the prosecutor's office prior to the trial. He didn't give the girls alcohol and never touched my daughter. One girl had sex (while my daughter was in another room) but initiated by the minor (still illegal). Only the rape victim was put on the witness stand. She was asked NO QUESTIONS and did not say what happened. She just sat there while her original known FALSE report given to the cops was read into the record. The defense attorney did not ask her one question. Nobody did. My daughter didn't testify, yet the jury convicted the sailor of molesting her (removing her clothing and touching her - he DIDN'T). (Ya don't believe any of it - right?) (Odd also that a friend of mine was on jury duty at the time and was excused because my daughter was suppose to testify. He shared some comments made prior to that trial. The women jurors wanted to hang the guy before they heard any evidence. Ya don't believe any of that either - right?)

I was in the courtroom and in the prosecutor's office. It was a closed courtroom - not available to the general public because the victim was a minor. That sailor's right leg vibrated most of the time I was there. He was a pretty little guy with blond hair. I bet they loved him in prison. (My guess he won his appeal - I hope so.)
 Walts
Msg: 529
Posted: 11/4/2017 6:57:18 AM
Somebody should write a book.

Biggest problem would be defining the novel as fact or fiction.
 chameleonf
Msg: 530
Posted: 11/4/2017 7:18:53 AM
No, Walts...no problem at all determining between the two.
 toocash
Msg: 531
Posted: 11/4/2017 7:55:07 AM
"The truth came out in the prosecutor's office prior to the trial"

Of course it's a lie...if the truth came out, the prosecutors would not have prosecuted. And trials do not happen in the manner you suggested. People are convicted by testimony, not hearsay. If it happened like you said, the case would have been dismissed. It would be a violation of fundamental due process rights to do it any other way. Let's say you have a very fanciful imagination.

You almost killed a kid with a bat over $5.00 when you were seven? That would make you a born psychopath beyond a doubt. Even a seven year old might spend time in juvi for that one, would be compelled to have counseling ....but seven? Nothing could help that kid. And you brag about it. Are proud of what you did. You are one fuked up dude. Any women here who might go out on a date with you are nuts.
 benartflick
Msg: 532
Posted: 11/4/2017 9:06:22 AM
No doubt non-fiction, but I would have to research to be accurate. Remembering exactly what I read 30 years is kinda difficult. Sometimes I can't remember accurately what had happened an hour ago.

For example: the girl's apparently were 7 & 8, (but I would wager I could find an article stating they were 7 & 9) he only raped one and had both perform oral sex. Sorry, I recalled reading he had raped both numerous times over a 3 month period. It also states he was given a suspended sentence - no jail time.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=SrsqWtBqNIQC&dat=19880811&printsec=frontpage&hl=en page B1 - top left corner - article by Slosberg. It's the first page turned sideways.

Of course I can't post articles that involved my daughter's friend. Since she was a minor so her name wouldn't be in the paper and I don't recall the sailor's name. But I recall reading he was stationed on a submarine and released pending appeal. The girl's father said he was going to kill him. Don't think he did. More fiction - right?

Mr Trollman wrote, "Of course it's a lie...if the truth came out, the prosecutors would not have prosecuted. And trials do not happen in the manner you suggested. People are convicted by testimony, not hearsay. If it happened like you said, the case would have been dismissed. It would be a violation of fundamental due process rights to do it any other way. Let's say you have a very fanciful imagination."

Ah, Mr Trollman, it's you - right? Ya had me fooled at first - good job. I suspected it might be you after you wrote, "Reminds me of the movie Summer of 42. I was a teenager when I saw it in the theater." You have you're 22 years old in your profile. My guess only the notorious Trollman would be that dishonest. Come on - be honest for once - you're Mr Trollman - right? Ya know, the married over 60 member with a thousand profiles and once met Kj.

In case you're not Mr Trollman and might have a working brain, I'll respond.

Don't believe what you see on TV or in the movies. Did you ever read about actual criminal cases in the newspaper or read any non-fiction books? They're all lying?

What I wrote was true and accurate. It happened! Unusual? Nah, not in our world. I mentioned it because IT IS WRONG. How can we ever correct a problem like that when most people like you can't believe it could ever happen?

Recently I tried to get feedback on what I witnessed while on Grand Jury duty. It stressed me out. Justice was not being served in Jacksonville, Florida. Nobody cares. And of course nobody would believe any of it - right?
 toocash
Msg: 533
Posted: 11/4/2017 11:51:23 AM
Like always Ben, you are completely full of shit. If the prosecutors knew the defendant was innocent...before trial, as you claim..they would not have prosecuted. As far as convicting based on non cross examined prior statements to police..also bullshit. Criminal defendants have the right to confront their accusers. Read here:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_v._Washington

But now that you have pretty much admitted you were a psychopath at 7 years of age, taking a bat to somebody's head cause you claim they owed you five dollars, and double down by asserting you can prove you were a psychopath...well I guess that explains all of your bullshit over the years, doesn't it?
 benartflick
Msg: 534
Posted: 11/4/2017 1:47:05 PM
Okay, you ARE Mr Trollman. Ya never left this forum as promised. So sad! (Your familiar dialogue.)

Like always Ben, you are completely full of shit. If the prosecutors knew the defendant was innocent...before trial, as you claim..they would not have prosecuted. As far as convicting based on non cross examined prior statements to police..also bullshit. Criminal defendants have the right to confront their accusers. Read here:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_v._Washington

Like always, I was telling the truth.

The defendant WASN'T completely innocent. He had sex with a 15 year old girl - that's rape in a lot of states. I NEVER suggested the defendant didn't have the right to cross examine any witness. The girl was there, on the witness stand. The defense attorney didn't ask her any questions. Ya think that might have been a defense strategy?

I firmly believe the 3 bogus charges should have been dropped. The prosecutor can argue, "Was my daughter telling the truth to the police or in his office" (after I overheard her talking to her girlfriend on the phone about the case). No, I didn't beat the truth out of her, but I promised to send her to live with her mother if she didn't tell the truth to the prosecutor. (Yes, I had legal custody of my 3 kids - ya don't believe that either - right?)

Although my daughter never testified, the rape victim's testimony to the police included the rapist giving her and my daughter booze and removing my daughter's clothing. That's all that jury needed to convict him of all charges. Hey, that should concern ALL Americans. It doesn't! Most Americans, like you, could care less what really goes on in our courtrooms.

I don't recall the prosecutor trying to get the truth out of the alleged victim or hearing her say anything after my daughter said what happened.

Perhaps the sailor did remove my daughter's clothing while the 3 of them rolled around on the bed (as told to the police). My daughter told me he didn't and that he never touched her. I'm sure you can't understand this simple stuff.

It started with the so-called victim trying to remove the rapist's towel after he got out of the shower. That's what I was told. I wasn't there. Also the rape happened about 4 months prior to her complaint to the police. That's another story trolls would find hard to believe - as usual. That's what trolls do - play dumb. And they're mighty good at that.

The defense attorney did object to the original police report being read into the record instead of the girl giving testimony while under oath. The victim refused to testify on the stand. I know that's hard to believe, but it happened in New London, Ct.

I believe a navy lawyer represented the sailor. Not 100% sure. Maybe he didn't ask the girl questions because he knew he could get the case tossed on appeal. Don't know. I never asked him.

If you weren't so ignorant, you might actually understand what goes on in the real world. Again, how is Peter Pan doing?
 gtomustang
Msg: 535
Posted: 11/4/2017 3:01:37 PM
"My problem is, all you have to do is get accused, and you are tried in the court of public opinion. I remember all the child daycare workers accused, and the recantations were not advertised with the same effort as the charges"

>>>I agree with this point, America is a country that believes innocent until proven guilty. Except of course, when it comes to politicians, we sure can accuse them of things, even when an investigation by Congress has given them a clean bill of health. Now, if some celebrity is caught on tape bragging about an act...well, I figure they signed their own plea. They shouldn't have bragged. And maybe if someone is accused by multiple sources, well, where there's smoke there may be fire. But otherwise, we aren't supposed to be a country of kangaroo courts.

and maybe there should be a law, steamy stories that get page one b/c they attract eyeballs, should also get page one recantations. Remember Richard Jewell? Poor **stard was named "person of interest" in the Atlanta Summer Olympics bombing, when all he did was save lives by finding the bomb and alerting authorities. Turns out, it was the terrorist serial bomber Eric Rudolph.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rudolph
 butheremails
Msg: 536
Posted: 11/5/2017 9:41:25 AM

So, what do you think?

You would have to be a special kind of retarded to have a problem with this.

Or maybe those people just hate the USA and the freedoms that people fought for.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 537
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2017 9:43:41 AM
Interesting, Michael Bennett of the Seahawks stood for the anthem in last night's game, which was honoring the military in light of the upcoming Veteran's Day holiday. So he stood to honor them, but says sitting isn't dishonoring them........
 toocash
Msg: 538
Posted: 11/10/2017 9:57:35 AM
That's because claiming not standing for the anthem dishonors the military is gibberish by a drowning President. Meant to manipulate his uneducated base. Very sad.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 butheremails
Msg: 539
Posted: 11/10/2017 10:04:31 AM

Interesting, Michael Bennett of the Seahawks stood for the anthem in last night's game, which was honoring the military in light of the upcoming Veteran's Day holiday. So he stood to honor them, but says sitting isn't dishonoring them........

When you understand that the Veterans fought for peoples rights which include not having to stand during an anthem and the dialogue around it being disrespectful to the military is coming from people who use a Dr.'s note to get out of serving, you will be well on your way to understanding that you on the side of the fascists.
 _babblefish
Msg: 540
Posted: 11/10/2017 10:23:33 AM

nteresting, Michael Bennett of the Seahawks stood for the anthem in last night's game, which was honoring the military in light of the upcoming Veteran's Day holiday. So he stood to honor them, but says sitting isn't dishonoring them........

it's only interesting to those and their illogical based narratives

Michael Bennett, who has been sitting for the national anthem this season to protest police brutality and oppression against people of color in the United States, stood for the national anthem on Thursday night.

Mike Tirico said on the broadcast that Bennett told him and the NBC crew the night before the game he would be standing. According to Tirico, Bennett wanted, “no mixed messages sent” and to show their support of the military on the salute to service weekend.

Tirico added, “Bennett says he stood tonight to honor all members of the military, including his dad, who was in the Navy for a decade.”
 John252817
Msg: 541
Posted: 11/10/2017 10:51:28 AM
"Bennett says he stood tonight to honor all members of the military"

^^^^^^ But but but when he was kneeling it had nothing to do with dishonoring the military......Can you say BS? Sure you can....YIKES!!!! Mike needs to keep his stories straight like this kneeling thing and his Vegas thing....YIKES!!!
 chameleonf
Msg: 542
Posted: 11/10/2017 10:59:39 AM
I would think he would stand to honour all members of the military out of respect for those who may "feel" slighted by the kneeling, erroneously thinking that kneeling was dishonouring them when it was for other reasons in the first place. We'll see if he goes back to kneeling after Veterans'/Remembrance Day.
 _babblefish
Msg: 543
Posted: 11/10/2017 11:22:20 AM

^^^^^^ But but but when he was kneeling it had nothing to do with dishonoring the military......Can you say BS? Sure you can....YIKES!!!! Mike needs to keep his stories straight like this kneeling thing and his Vegas thing....YIKES!!!

actually he sat, he didn't kneel . . . start with that fact chuck annnd, it has nada to do with the military, but you and the other false narrators know that

Here is the thing about Bennett's stance, regardless of whether you like people sitting out the national anthem or not: He has the right to sit for anything and he's not wrong. People are out there being mean to one another and it's not necessary.
It's also not about the military for Bennett, who is the son of a military veteran.
"First of all, I want people to understand that I love the military," Bennett said. "My father's in the military. I love hot dogs like any other American. I love football like any other American. But I don't love segregation. I don't love riots or oppression. I just want to see people have the equality that they deserve. And I want to be able to use this platform to continuously push the message of that."

stab at that straw man chuck
 daynadaze
Msg: 544
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2017 3:51:48 PM
Honoring people in the military is not the same thing as saying people should honor a football game, apples and oranges, but no one is forced to honor the military either.

How many of you served in the military, and how many who have think a football game is about honoring the USA?
 John252817
Msg: 545
Posted: 11/10/2017 4:57:55 PM
Well dayna, my father in law who served in the Korean war, he doesn't watch football anymore because of this kneeling or sitting(yule, there is no difference son). I guess that is enough to figure things out that the majority of veterans DO have a problem with these players kneeling or sitting during the anthem. It's not about honoring a football game, get real....YIKES!!!
 Kj521
Msg: 546
Posted: 11/10/2017 5:10:31 PM
"how many who have think a football game is about honoring the USA?"

How many think a football game is about protesting???

vvvv Dunno.
Why is it called the...National Football League? Maybe they should just change their name and leave the flag and anthem out. And stop all federal, state and local funding for stadiums and whatnot. :)
 trinity818
Msg: 547
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2017 5:18:33 PM
Why is patriotism even being linked to sporting events?

Why are we playing the national anthem before football games?

What does one have to do with the other? nothing.
 Walts
Msg: 548
Posted: 11/10/2017 5:43:29 PM

But but but when he was kneeling it had nothing to do with dishonoring the military......Can you say BS

Explain to all of us Johnny, what the national anthem has to do with the military??????

Bennett explained why he stood last night, and yet, you are still confused?????

Well dayna, my father in law who served in the Korean war, he doesn't watch football anymore because of this kneeling or sitting(yule, there is no difference son). I guess that is enough to figure things out that the majority of veterans DO have a problem with these players kneeling or sitting during the anthem. It's not about honoring a football game, get real....YIKES

Father in law?????? You mean the father of a daughter that actually married YOU?????
Oh Johnny. You really don't have a clue how much of a fool you keep making yourself look. And now, bringing in the relatives too.

Good for you.
 John252817
Msg: 549
Posted: 11/10/2017 6:05:20 PM
"Not dishing your Dad too much, but, with evidence of his offspring and how one of them turned out , I think he maybe a little confused on more than one thing. I would also suggest you Daddy doesn't speak for the "majority", just himself and his confused thoughts. Again, look at his son for evidence."

^^^^^^^Walts, you have always bragged about your drinking abilities, is it hereditary? Really, looking at your picture, you are definitely old enough to realize that bragging about drinking alcohol is something you might hear an 18 year old telling his buddies what he did last night. The reason I ask is that you must be in your "zone" right now swilling down the whiskey because you can't comprehend at all....YIKES!!! I never talked about my dad as you type above and if you think the majority of veterans are not happy with these players kneeling then you just continue to show us that when you type anything, the bottle can't be far away. Comprehension is something you know nothing about. You are the one who in the past always bragged about your whiskey drinking, me or no one else is making stuff up on that. You don't want to "dish my dad"...YIKES!!!! I am not trying to "dish" your dad Walts but was your dad ever around? Was he the one that introduced you to your bottle? You probably should get sober so you can "think" before you talk....YIKES!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I am so happy that I quoted you Walts before you re-posted your post, kind of a "gotcha moment" don't ya think?? You must have had just enough brain power to look at what you originally posted and then you knew you had to change it....YIKES!!!!!
 Kj521
Msg: 550
Posted: 11/10/2017 6:14:41 PM
"Explain to all of us Johnny, what the national anthem has to do with the military??????"

Is this a serious question or a mistype, Walts?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem