Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 47Seagulls
Msg: 676
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 28 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)

Team work - putting the team before the individual. There's no "i" in team.

Quietly and respectfully taking a knee during the anthem and they playing your ass off in your football game has SFA to do with "there is no "I" in team"....what a bunch of pathetic bullshyt. Its not like he's stopping mid game or during a huddle to take a knee. And its not like the bible thumpers that do a Hail Mary when they get a touch down.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 677
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 4/30/2018 3:50:30 PM

Msg: 675
The person who did the most disrupting is Trump, by sticking his nose where it doesn't belong and making a fool of himself in public, as usual.

Comrade trump orange kool-aid drinkers are so "patriotic" that they love him for it. They like to call Kaepernick a traitor, yet they ignore the fact that the Russians conspired to disrupt our election. What more evidence these so called "patriots" need than Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who met with Kushner, Manafort and Donald Jr at the Trump Tower, saying and I quote: "I am a Kremlin informant".

MAGA: My Attorney Got Arrested.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 678
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2018 7:42:11 AM
My father got blown of a tank in Leipzig, lost a good sized chunk of his aorta but kept on and met the Russians at Torgau. Just like the living WWII vets that have supported this exercise of free speech he would unequivocally be disgusted by the Original Post of this thread and all the others that have a fundamental misunderstanding of what actual patriotism and respect for the military entails. Exercising one's First Amendment Rights like these players in no way, shape, or form disrespects our Military; that's a deceitful meme from Teabagging posterior orifices that know we are weaker divided.

The Nazis had mandatory oaths of allegiance and the suggestion we should now in the 21st Century is quite simply, entirely, and unequivocally unAmerican. The fact some folks here and millions across the country have a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom is and wave the flag while trying to tear up the Consitution at the same time should disgust anyone that is not just an American in name only.

"Think! It's very Patriotic!" Especially when done with critical honesty.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 679
Posted: 5/1/2018 8:46:07 AM
Bravo Double Cabin. You nailed it.

The respectful knee never, ever had anything to do with disrespect for the troops - those serving or that have served. Nothing.

Exercising one's First Amendment Rights like these players in no way, shape, or form disrespects our Military; that's a deceitful meme from Teabagging posterior orifices that know we are weaker divided.

Exactly. And the Trumpanzee doing the "fire those sons of ****es" was pandering to his base of uneducated and inbred pure and simple. A man who evaded the draft 5 times is yapping at a football player for disrespecting troops....what a joke.
 ghostata
Msg: 680
Posted: 5/1/2018 11:09:43 AM
^^^ As you well know I despise Trump and all of the BS generated over this perfectly appropriate kneeling by any football player who chooses to do so....but....

A man who evaded the draft 5 times is yapping at a football player for disrespecting troops....what a joke.

We must remember he evaded the Draft during a time the Vietnam war was raging. This was a worthless war, based on lie after lie as proven by the Pentagon Papers, where young men were being used as Canon Fodder by the LBJ and Nixon administrations. . . Nixon himself supposedly sabotaged the Paris Peace Talks of the Johnson Administration so he could be President. Think about that...how many died so Nixon could win an election.

Kennedy would never have gotten us into Vietnam...he knew it was a losing proposition, and would have pulled the advisers out were he not killed by Oswald.... Oswald effectively killed an entire Generation of young men with the use of one or two bullets.

So the way I see it, Trump did the right thing...and of course with a multi millionaire father, there was no chance he was going to be drafted no matter what....still... the smart and aware back then did what they had to avoid the draft, or they went to Canada. Anything was better than serving in that killing machine of the military imho. I would have done the same if the Draft had not been ended by the time I was old enough to be drafted. I still remember while in Junior High School worrying about going to Vietnam, what seemed to be an endless war back then...... that's not something a 13 year old should be worrying about.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 681
Posted: 5/1/2018 11:47:09 AM
There is no I in team, but there are the letters M E.

Refusing to serve in Vietnam is a thorny issue for a nationalist president who is such a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize he offered to pay the legal fees of anyone beating up protesters. In other words, he seems less an idealist like Cassius "I Got No Fight With the Yellow Man" Clay, and more like someone saving his ass, like a certain prez who ducked into the Air Nat Guard's champagne service. It may be better to state, "a president who calls POWs losers. labels football players expressing their First Amendment rights, citizens not supporting their troops". But that's the problem with Trump, he does so much sketchy things, you forget to keep track of all his hypocrisy.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 682
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2018 12:01:13 PM
With all due respect ghostata if Trump were today pushing an agenda contrary to the agenda of the hawks back then I might give you a morsel of agreement. Given the fact he and his Administration are thinking of tossing the Iran Nuclear Deal in the trash and promoting a hawkish agenda despite contrary campaign promises he is a Napoleonic Hypocrite of the highest order.

Do you remember****Cheney's response about his own draft dodging, something to the effect of 'my priorities were different then'?
 ghostata
Msg: 683
Posted: 5/1/2018 12:12:38 PM
^^^ I'm not supporting Trump or saying he is not a war monger or a hypocrite, I am simply giving him a pass for avoiding the Draft all those years ago. People who went to Vietnam because it was the "patriotic" things to do were led astray..... trump's dad was too smart to allow his son to be a victim of LBJ.
 from site to sight
Msg: 684
Posted: 5/1/2018 12:24:39 PM
"... he seems less an idealist like Cassius "I Got No Fight With the Yellow Man" Clay, and more like someone saving his ass"

Worthless war or not in Vietnam, Trump got out of military service, but one of his pet projects as president is to increase military spending by $54 billion dollars. It's great to play the military big shot supporter and commander, when his ass will never be on the front line of any war. Saving his ass is right. Trump doesn't mind sending more troops to cover every inch of the planet, as long as he doesn't have to go.

Instead of telling goons to beat up protesters at rallies, why didn't Trump challenge to take them on himself, since he wants to act like Mr. Big Shot Man? Just like Trump saying that if he was near a school or building where there was a mass shooting going on, he would rush in there to confront the shooter, even if he's unarmed. Yeah, right. He would be high tailing it as fast as possible in the opposite direction. Cowards are always the ones that try to convince people that they are not cowards.
 ghostata
Msg: 685
Posted: 5/1/2018 12:41:17 PM
Its not just Trump....Congress is giving the Military a huge 50 plus billion.boost.... the Military rules because military lobbyists rule.... but for the money spent on guns, the US would be a great place to live, great infrastructure, great education, etc.... but all of that money went to wage endless wars all over the world.

Trump is just continuing what has gone on since the Korean War. If Robert Taft had been President, maybe all of this would have come to an end.

The US empire has been bled dry.
 ja6425
Msg: 686
Posted: 5/1/2018 4:01:19 PM
Colin needs to do his "patriotic protesting" when he is on his OWN time. Millions of people would never be able to protest on the job.

Think!! It is actually important!!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 687
Posted: 5/1/2018 4:32:09 PM
I get ghosta killa's point, it sounds a little hindsight-y, but by about '68 or so America was questioning Domino Theory and supporting corruption in Vietnam. Still, Chump comes off as such a chicken-hawk. Plus, if I have to say he did the right thing by not going, I have to say that vets like my late uncle did the wrong thing by going. I just can't go there.

but I can always find other things to knock the Don around about. He's so polite to offer that.

just for the sake of argument....America does have freedoms built into its politics, but it got the idea of them from the French philosophes and British government..and some of those came from the ancient Greeks and Roman Senate. And we have a long history of taking away freedoms from other countries with oil under their sand.
 KPOL52
Msg: 688
Posted: 5/1/2018 4:49:30 PM
QUESTION. What is the greatest thing about the USA?

The FREEDOMS we all have.

QUESTION #2. What is the worst thing about this country? All the people in this country who have ZERO comprehension of question #1 and what it entails.
 Viper1j
Msg: 689
Posted: 5/3/2018 2:24:02 AM

So, what do you think? Is disrespecting our anthem and our military the way to go? Social media is lighting up with everyone saying they will not attend the games or watch them or buy any sports memorabilia anymore. Mind you, this isn't about President Trump. This disrespect started under the Obama Administration with Colin Kaepernick taking a knee during our national anthem. It was also followed by him wearing socks to practice that depicted pigs wearing cop uniforms. If anything it would be a reflection of Obama being anti-cop.

People stating they will not watch NFL games anymore also state that they are veterans or they have parents that were veterans and had their parent's caskets draped in the American flag and were presented with the folded American flag upon their parent's death.

Really, how do you sit or kneel on the field during our anthem while the flag is on the field with our military and sometimes military personnel are singing The Anthem? Football is called a Pastime because it is used to pass time when people want to relax, and they don't want to see politics inserted into football that is meant to be entertainment, while these players are free to protest at police stations or to their senators or congressmen or women.

Yes, that whole First Amendment to the Constitution thing can be such a pain in the ass.

Especially when someone is doing or saying something that someone else doesn't like.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 690
Posted: 5/9/2018 4:00:01 PM

but for the money spent on guns, the US would be a great place to live, great infrastructure

Obama fixed all of that with his stimulus package of a trillion dollars and shovel ready jobs....................................................................................................oh, wait.......................

SS4544Spd
Msg: 691
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 4:43:48 PM
Kaepernick has the perfect right to kneel for the anthem. Everyone doesn't have to agree with that, though. I admire him for doing it, because in today's society how many people have the conviction to not only take a stand that pisses so many people off, but more importantly costs them so dearly? Not too many. Almost none, to be exact. Everyone takes the money and runs. It's the equivalent of Al Gore living in a 2000 sf house, John Kerry docking his yacht in CT, Dems sending their kids to public schools, or Republicans sending their kids to the military, or Trump hiring American born people to work in his hotels. People are so tethered to the buck..and their creature comforts... and safety....these days..."do as I say, not as I do".....that most are hypocrites......I was never much of a Kaep fan as I always thought he was overrated as a player. But his stand is a breath of fresh air and courageous. If more Americans lived their convictions, we would be a better place.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 692
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 4:59:39 PM
Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”

Gore’s home uses more than 20 times the national average

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee

Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric
Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh – more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh-guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research
President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 693
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 5:41:16 PM
^^^^
OK.... picking on Gore's certainly fair game, but no mention of the rampant hypocrisy on the GOP/Conservative side?? I think that would be just as easy to cut and paste, NY58. You missed my point entirely.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 694
Posted: 5/9/2018 5:59:03 PM

Kaepernick has the perfect right to kneel for the anthem. Everyone doesn't have to agree with that, though. I admire him for doing it, because in today's society how many people have the conviction to not only take a stand that pisses so many people off, but more importantly costs them so dearly? Not too many. Almost none, to be exact. Everyone takes the money and runs.

{quote]But his stand is a breath of fresh air and courageous. If more Americans lived their convictions, we would be a better place.

And you nailed it.

And she missed the point entirely so you were right in your second post as well. Some miss the point entirely a lot, like SCOTUS when he disrespected John McCain for being a POW when he had evaded the draft 5 times.

Breath of fresh air...nailed it.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 695
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 6:23:12 PM
OFFS, try and get the Acronyms straight.

SCOTUS = Supreme Court Of The United States.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 696
Posted: 5/9/2018 6:57:10 PM
"Obama fixed all that with his stimulus package"

>>well, he sure did America's biggest non-military industry a solid, and made a profit doing it.

"of a trillion dollars and shovel ready jobs"

>>imagine if the GOP Congress had actually gave him some real money, and not whined about deficits, there could be a roaring economy for Chump to take credit. Now, lets look at the GOP tax plan...massive deficit (what happened to all the bullshit about worrying about a deficit? Bail out the rich, screw the working class, that's the GOP for ya), and wages have stayed where they are as the Chump stimulus plan has only resulted in stock buyback. So who's plan accomplished more? oh yeah, Obama's...as always.

As for Gore's mansion, how much of that energy use is Secret Service protection I wonder...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/al-gores-energy-use/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gore-defends-mansions-power-consumption/
 47Seagulls
Msg: 697
Posted: 5/9/2018 7:10:16 PM

OFFS, try and get the Acronyms straight.

SCOTUS = Supreme Court Of The United States.

I do apologize. I meant to say SCROTUS , like scrotum. Trump is the Scrotum of the US...SCROTUS. I like it.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 698
Posted: 5/9/2018 11:08:38 PM

imagine if the GOP Congress had actually gave him some real money,

So if .85 trillion dollars isn't enough for you libtards, how much is enough?
LMFAO
 Sandbyday
Msg: 699
Posted: 5/15/2018 3:01:08 PM
SEATTLE - Attorneys for Colin Kaepernick took depositions this week from Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider in connection with the free-agent quarterback's collusion grievance against the NFL, according to multiple media reports.
KOMONEWS.com

So he has his lawyers take depositions from the only team that is interested in signing him. Not the sharpest tool in the box.

It was a job, a career...not his life. Do you say that about truck drivers or welders or lawyers

You seem to have no concept of what it takes to be at the NFL level, no surprise as you admit to not giving a rat's ass.
If, to you, it is no different than welding two bits of steel together, being able to steer a vehicle or being an ambulance chaser or DUI attorney extraordinaire, then sure Kap should absolutely never work again.

The reality is if someone is comfortable with their position and standing life, don't really worry about improving it to world class status, and don't care to devote the majority of their existence to their craft and make any and all sacrifices it takes along the way, they will never approach the smallest of chances of becoming a professional football player at the highest level on the planet.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 700
Posted: 5/16/2018 7:09:49 AM
"So if .85 trillion dollars isn't enough for you libtards, how much is enough? LMFAO "

"President Obama finally got a Republican-controlled Congress to fund his domestic budget. All it took was Donald Trump in the White House to get it done."
"Across much of the government, Republican leaders agreed to spending levels that matched or even exceeded what Obama asked Congress to appropriate in his final budget request in 2016—and many of which lawmakers ignored while he was in office"
"And the victories for a president who has been out of office for a year were not lost on conservatives. “This could have been written by President Obama and liberal Democrats,” Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky said Thursday night on Fox News, hours before he consented to a vote on a 2,200-page bill most of his colleagues hadn’t had time to read. Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska accused his party of hypocrisy. “Every Republican would vote against this disgusting pork bill if a Democrat were president,” he said in a statement."

"The domestic spending increases were set in motion a month ago, when Trump signed a budget agreement Congress approved so that he could get the dramatic spike in military spending he had prioritized all along. Lawmakers on the House and Senate appropriations committees—in negotiations with party leaders and the White House—decided exactly how the money would be spent. But the details of the domestic spending sparked a new round of complaints among conservatives who lamented the return of a big-spending Republican governance they once campaigned against."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/03/trump-obama-omnibus-spending-budget/556436/

Golly, the GOP can find money for the military, but not for the working class Trumpanzee? How do they feel about that?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem