Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 51
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 3 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

The right to give political opinions on an open forum such as this one should not be abridged.... PERIOD

Ummm... no such right exists... and... therefore... cannot be abridged...

We know it when we see it.

And when you can't "see it"... you make it up...
 benartflick
Msg: 52
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 9/26/2017 2:47:50 PM

Hundred to one you are once again totally full of shit. Do cops beat up and abuse white people? Of course they do. Do they do so under the circumstances you claim? Highly unlikely. Three times? Virtually impossible.

You gotta have the record for most IDs ever on POF.

You're not American - right? For once, be honest.

Do the Canadian cops hit people? I'm guessing you live in the northeast corner of Canada.

By chance, did you run to Canada to avoid the draft? (Perhaps I know who you are.)

I've noticed in the past you have a problem understanding a simple sentence. Most trolls have that dilemma. Obviously you're a troll. I'm confident most members on this forum are aware of that.

Take a few minutes to watch the video I posted. Ya think anything I ever posted is less believable than any incident depicted in that video. If so, please share your thoughts.
 Kj521
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/26/2017 3:09:53 PM
Hey Mr. Pig?

Since you and I have achieved a new....special "level of awareness".....

Are you particularly ...."aware"....that this thread is still exists? ;) ;)

Yeah....so....I'm not really into "protesting". I think I will just "celebrate" and do a little dance, instead. :D

Down there
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

In the "End Zone"....Let's Get This Party Started!

https://youtu.be/mW1dbiD_zDk
 poppata
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/26/2017 3:11:52 PM
^^^ Good defense...like always Artflick, despite your "protest"...you are still completely full of sh^t. Cops don't beat up teenagers to find out where a party serving beer is. You ALWAYS lie... because you like to try to make others look bad at the same time you try to make yourself look Good...and you still haven't explained how politicians are responsible for this outrage that occurred against you, at least three times... before you were 19 (in a pigs eye..unless of course you are an obviously despicable person...cops do tend to have it out for those types of folks).

Truth is Artflick, I recognized you were a pathological liar long ago. I don't pick on you for no reason. I pick on you because it is so obvious to me that you are pathological.
 Kj521
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/26/2017 3:20:47 PM
"are whites too scared to do anything about their abuse by the police?"

Ms. Dee?

Anyone can be a victim of an abuse of power and for a variety of reasons be "too scared" to do anything about it.
 backcreek7
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2017 4:54:33 PM
question ~ why are approximately 70 % of African American households ( with children ) single parent only ?
answer ~ welfare
steps to correct problem ~ do away with welfare & put people to work
kneel over that, col ...

turn it up, way up ^
INNERCITY BLUES ~ MARVIN GAYE
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2017 5:35:01 PM
Dee wrote:

affirmative actions benefits white women more than any other grouo, so . . .they can let that go.
Not so sure about that. Then why does it seem the major recent Scotus cases attacking AA are brought on by white people, particularly white women?

Actually, what I really was thinking about was attacks on the VRA, per the recent Scotus decision, and the statewide attacks on blacks' voting rights that have been going on, coordinated by right wing groups. ID laws, etc. I maintain that police brutality issues garner the most media attention because it serves a purpose to divide the populace....but it's the VRA and AA attacks - quietly and systematically being dismantled - are the REAL damage being done while we're paying attention to the police brutality issues. That is my issue with the National Anthem and athletes issue. I'm not paying attention that closely, so if these athletes are specifically trying to bring attention to the AA and VRA attacks, my bad. But it seems like they're more focused on police brutality. And police brutality is trumpeted in the press a lot, because it's an effective wedge to divide society along the bogus R/L or Dem/GOP division which is the most effective division for the rich elites to rule and control..... After all 1800's industrialist and general dirtbag Jay Gould once said "I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half." That hasn't changed, and the media is the tool.

I realize my previous statement about blacks and the police was a bit coarse, but it's what I believe. I believe that when you run from, or otherwise resist the police, nothing good can happen. And that's whether you're black or white. The times I've been accosted by the police turned out better than I deserved, because I complied totally. If they'd askef for a BJ, I would have given it. Of course, probably helped that I was white, but I will maintain my opinion that NOTHING good can happen when you resist or run from the police. I still believe the continued right wing attacks on AA and the voting rights is more insidious and dangerous than the police beating up black people, sorry.
 deetristate
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/26/2017 5:39:10 PM
benartflick ( and, now I see, kj)

You have to read it in context and in response to what was posted by LGL

It was all half tongue in cheek. And cheaky.
LGL got that.

But, you know me.

------------------------

Has the subject changed to AA court cases as opposed to the application and benefits of AA?

If I believe that the police will kill me no matter what I do, I would run as well.
 Kj521
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/26/2017 5:48:39 PM
"I believe that when you run from, or otherwise resist the police, nothing good can happen. And that's whether you're black or white."

And.... if pulled over.....don't try to get out of the car to show the Officer that your headlight isn't really out....you just got to bang on it. They don't like that. :/

And...I advise all individuals....esp. females....that if being pulled over in a dark...secluded place? Drive slowly....to a well lit and more populated location. Use your cellphone to report what you are doing and your reason. :)

vvvv Is sexual assault by police officers not "brutal" enough to be considered police "brutality"? It is not dependent on hair color.
 deetristate
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/26/2017 5:49:20 PM
As far as police brutality, the question is not what the person abused by the police was doing.

The question is,

HOW LIKELY IS IT THAT THIS POLICE BRUTALITY (or murder by copy) WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO A BLONDE under the same circumstances?
( no offense, kj

And yes, it happens to EVERY people, eventually. Which is why the question about "why aren't you doing anything" was only half tongue in cheek).

If I believe that the police will kill me no matter what I do, I would run as well.

There are many examples of people doing nothing and still getting beaten or killed.

My plan is to drive to the nearest police station and hope that "good cop" takes over from "bad cop."

What people who enjoy or don't care about the beating of "some people" by the police don't realize is that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

That means power sees no color.

When a cop can announce that is going to kill you before he reaches your car, plants a gun, with his fingerprints on it, kills you for a weapon that he planted and still walk away Scot free..... something is wrong and everyone should be wary. Even if in the heat of the moment, at least give him manslaughter.
Cops are not James Bonds.

Kj521
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/26/2017 6:17:31 PM
"What people who enjoy or don't care about the beating of "some people" by the police don't realize is that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

I quite agree with this statement, Ms. Dee. And what I have found....there will always be "bad apples" in every group. It is human nature....we all have the potential to be both good and evil. Sometimes....both at the same time. But we can all do better and be proactive in weeding the "bad" ones out. :)
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/26/2017 6:52:55 PM

question ~ why are approximately 70 % of African American households ( with children ) single parent only ?

You may want to check your stats... because the Census Bureau's American Community Survey gives a rather different number... and yours isn't even "approximate" with rounding to the nearest 5... or even 10...

Care to restate that... or provide the demographic data in support of your number...?
 Kj521
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/26/2017 7:12:08 PM
"CNN's Don Lemon says more than 72 percent of African-American births are out of wedlock"

"http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/jul/29/don-lemon/cnns-don-lemon-says-more-72-percent-african-americ/"

"Lemon said that "more than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock." Federal data confirms that 73 percent of African-American births in 2010 were out of wedlock. Estimates for the percentage of African-American children growing up in single-parent households are slightly lower, at 67 percent. Finally, black children counted in these statistics may have contact outside the household with their biological father. But Lemon's statistic was accurate, and we rate his statement True."

Fake news??? *****shrugs shoulders
 backcreek7
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2017 7:21:14 PM
I do retract that, I just heard the number on a random news broadcast. I still do believe, there are too many people on assistance / welfare ~ that could / maybe should ~ be working.
in my op .... this would be constructive for, both the parents well being ...
thank you sir ~ I stand corrected

backcreek
 cotter
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2017 9:11:21 PM
Message 4 ...
Chaeleonf ...
For him, it's just a platform for an agenda like it is for those taking the knee. He's the least patriotic president to date.

He's fund-raising on the whole thing.

We have only had a national anthem (officially) since 1931 so it really is not a "symbol" for the military. We sent plenty of military off to fight without a national anthem and many of them came back in a casket without the national anthem.

We find the American flag on military uniforms ... but the national anthem is not emblazoned on their uniforms.

They are peacefully protesting at a venue that millions of people watch ... in order to draw attention to the plight of many others who would not normally have such a popular venue in order to get anyone's attention.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/26/2017 11:29:45 PM

Because to be honest... I'm getting that whole... "How dare you tell me my opinion is wrong when I have a right to free speech" vibe from you...

The only thing you're "getting" is high from your bong, Tommy Chong. Your piss-poor argument has been flattened and the only thing you've pulled off successfully is putting words in mouths.

Hey Mr. Pig?

Since you and I have achieved a new....special "level of awareness".....

Are you particularly ...."aware"....that this thread is still exists? ;) ;)

Yes, because we saved it. Just out of curiosity, Dumbojoe, are you one of the shitheads who voted to delete the thread?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/27/2017 4:39:02 AM

The only thing you're "getting" is high from your bong, Tommy Chong. Your piss-poor argument has been flattened and the only thing you've pulled off successfully is putting words in mouths.

I guess that would explain why... you've been reduced to such pathetic "stupid fvckery"... to defend a delusional position...

When logic fails... act like Trump... How utterly pathetic you are...

Yes, because we saved it. Just out of curiosity, Dumbojoe, are you one of the shitheads who voted to delete the thread?

I suggest you use your "keen and discerning intellect" to "figure it out"...

I can't see how you could come up with anything more clownish than you already have...
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 5:24:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
 benartflick
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/27/2017 5:39:57 AM

Truth is Artflick, I recognized you were a pathological liar long ago. I don't pick on you for no reason. I pick on you because it is so obvious to me that you are pathological.

I have no idea if you actually believe most (or any) of the BS you post.

I have many flaws, but I'm NOT a liar. In the past I provided you ample proof to back up my statements after you accused me of lying. Either you have a severe mental problem (incapable of understanding simple stuff) or you're just being a troll.

What happened to me over 50 years ago is minor compared to what happened to many Americans, black and white, over the years and still happening today. We have a serious problem with public servants: cops and politicians.

ALL criminals should be prosecuted! No person or group of people should be above the law.

Numerous cops have been assaulting and occasionally murdering people since the 1920's that we know of. For over a decade many murders and assaults were captured on video. Instead of prosecuting all of those criminals, mindless attempts were made to justify loads of those wrongdoings.

Most Americans aren't like you appear to be (extremely ignorant and dishonest). I'll give you a simple example that you're probably incapable of understanding. A judge gave a child rapist probation and said to a reporter that the two victims (7 & 9 year old girls) were asking for it by walking around the house in their underwear. After the article relating to those rapes were published there was a major protest and that judge was brought before a judicial review board.

Of course you don't believe any of what I just wrote. A judge would never give probation to a child rapist - right? I'm lying - right? I still believe you live in Canada and perhaps inside a cave. Do ya get out much? Do ya live in a bubble?
 poppata
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/27/2017 6:15:49 AM
^^^^problem you have is you are not smart enough to pull off your lies. That's why your lies were so easy to see long ago..because they were obviously nonsensical and in many cases absurd. You obviously have an issue with certain groups of people, including law enforcement, politicians, doctors, lawyers, judges, well paid administrators. In the end, you are one angry guy..angry at people more successful than yourself, angry at people you feel have controlled your life. Too me you are pretty transparent. Very sad.
 poppata
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/27/2017 6:21:02 AM
Pig, I would be shocked if Joe tried to delete your post. He's not the type. Instead he's the type who tries to prove how clever he is, sometimes by saying things that are nonsensical and meaningless and than calling a person a fuktard for not understanding what he says. Sometimes simply by taking stupid positions than arguing he is right and you are stupid for not getting it. It's a game he's been playing here forever.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 8:53:07 AM
Dee wrote:

If people of color really believe that, then there's no hope. That's just like a white person believing that a black male approaching them on the sidewalk will rob them, so they cross the street instead. Yup, there are plenty of reasons to hate/not trust each other, many blown out of proportion by the MSM - whose raison d-etre is to sew division for the elites to divide and conquer - but people have to look deeper to find a way above the distrust/animosity to see who the real enemies are.

Industrialist Jay Gould, back in the 1880s: "I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half."

Modern day Mega-billionaires don't have to hire anybody.....they just outsource that job to the MSM.
 chameleonf
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/27/2017 9:08:34 AM

That's just like a white person believing that a black male approaching them on the sidewalk will rob them, so they cross the street instead.

That would make more sense if the white person had previously been robbed by one or more black males previously - it would have a psychological effect. Otherwise, it's a fear as unfounded as being afraid of clowns. One would have to live the life of an African American (or other people who are non-white), who have been consistently racially profiled and abused throughout their lives, particularly in certain areas, before making the claim that their experiences are blown out of proportion by the MSM, rather than being a reality they live with.
 gtomustang
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/27/2017 9:13:30 AM
I'm gonna quote D:

"When a cop can announce that he is going to kill you before he reaches your car
When a cop plants a gun with his fingerprints on it
When he still walks away free"

and when this isn't the first time you hear about cases like this, like a black man lying in the road with his hands up and still gets shot and the cop can't explain why he did it or a black man in a car shows his gun license and is still shot...it makes sense that some people will believe its open season upon them, and run for their lives.

Officer Friendly really does have an image problem

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/8-white-people-who-pointed-guns-police-officers-and-managed-not-get-killed

http://madamenoire.com/458516/10-armed-white-men-die-police/

its been going on for decades, as police departments did what they had to, to keep the peace in the neighborhoods where people owned their property and thus worried about the property's value. We hear about the egregious examples, what else goes on under the radar? I suspect some athlete who grew up around it, might have a strong opinion on whether or not it happens.

"Industrialist Jay Gould, back in the 1880s: "I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half." "

>>>He wasn't wrong at all. If the working class stopped worrying about skin color and figured out the man signing the paycheck was the real problem, racism wouldn't work anymore. He didn't have to pay one half, just spread rumor and innuendo, and they'll deny rights and kill the other half for free...and they might even label it, nationalism like they do in other countries. Patriotism is saved for when you send the working class to war in a foreign country to slaughter the working class there of a different color and a different religion.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 9:30:38 AM
chameleonf (that "f" at the end really bugs me) wrote:

That would make more sense if the white person had previously been robbed by one or more black males previously - it would have a psychological effect.
Sure, I agree. But with the way young black males are generally portrayed in popular media....and in the news.....I don't believe one has to have been actually mugged by one to cross the street rather than take the chance. I've been mugged more than once by YBMs.........but won't cross the street generally. ALthough I don't get out much these days out of lilly white/hispanic suburbia so don't have the chance to test my words here.

Otherwise, it's a fear as unfounded as being afraid of clowns.
Precisely. But what has caused the unfounded fear of clowns? Media...i.e. scary movies...News.....Gacy, etc..The media has brainwashed us to fear clowns. Clowns!! Now, I guess a young black male clown? CROSS THE STREET!!!!!! Just kidding ;);)

One would have to live the life of an African American (or other people who are non-white), who have been consistently racially profiled and abused throughout their lives, particularly in certain areas, before making the claim that their experiences are blown out of proportion by the media, rather than being a reality they live with.
I disagree somewhat. I think their experiences, while being reality, are blown out of proportion simply because it serves the media's purpose to divide, and these tragic cases generally provide good ratings, especially on the ideological cable news shows. And it's just something else to distract us while big business offshores more, employs more immigrants, and sends income offshore to evade taxes. All this doesn't make these cases less tragic or unfair, and the U.S. does deserve plenty of it due to the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow.

I know this opinion won't be popular, but c'est la vie.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem