Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ghostata
Msg: 801
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 33 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
[QUOTE] You can't mention anything on here without Ghostata thinking you're picking on Jews. And Jo Van stirs both pots and if you agree with one sentence he writes, suddenly you support him 100%. [/QUOTE]

Here we go again....it amazes me that some actually accuse you of groveling before me or of being intimidated by me when you insist on continuing to stir the pot. Do everyone of your posts now have to have something in it how you need to be careful because you might make me angry? I see what you are doing Seagull...... it is the opposite of "groveling" or keeping "quiet".

Look, I have objectively established from medical studies that circumcision is neither mutilation nor barbaric, anybody who would say differently has an agenda.... if that is you...wear your label proudly...you don't have to agree with the American Pediatric Society and all of those people who have actually studied circumcision and have a medical background..... and i have established that when Jovan accuses the religious of such "barbaric" practices, he is referring to the Jews...but you just keep on keeping on.... like the energizer bunny. You won't give it up will you? You are going to allow yourself to be manipulated by people like the Looney Guy and Whiskey aren't you. You should have the gumption to just be honest, admit you were wrong and leave it at that...but you won't...in your own way you will keep on doubling down. Now its my fault and not your fault.... let me say again....this is all on you...not me...not Jovan...not anybody else. If you want to give an offensive, non-supported medically opinion...have at it...don't claim you can no longer do so for fear of angering me..... you are actually making things worse from my point of view.

By the way KJ...thank you for your email...and YES. I AGREE WITH YOU ENTIRELY.

chameleonf
Msg: 802
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:30:00 AM

And Jo Van stirs both pots and if you agree with one sentence he writes, suddenly you support him 100%

So happens I agree with most of what he writes. That he stirs the pot is a good thing - it makes a person actually think - or at least it should. For instance, I agree with him regarding race in that there is none - there are varying colours of skin, customs and dialects - but we all come from Africa, like it or not. Eye colour is a mutation and skin pigment likely had to do with migration and the environmental differences requiring an adaptation. For instance, white skin is better at making Vitamin D which was required in the darkened environment.

It's thought that perhaps in Europe there was ancient interbreeding with the Neanderthals and that the Neanderthals may have been blonde or red-haired and it is their genes which the fairer population have inherited - however, that's just a theory (unproven). Although it would kind of make sense when you have so many white individuals who still act like a throwback to Neandethals when it comes to having pride in white skin and act dumber than a doorknob - genetics at play!

What? You don't have the ability to Email her back? How odd that.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 803
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:37:31 AM
Uh, for every article that is pro circumcision there is more that are against circumcision. Medical opinions have also disagreed with circumcision. Maybe you're only reading the data from Jewish doctors seeings you stated the other day that Jews are by far superior in intelligent and make better doctors. hahahahaha See, that's doubling down and taking a cheap shot. I found that whole post where you stated that to be arrogant and offensive. But I hadn't mentioned it until now. The data saying that only 1/3 of North America circumcises their children. Worldwide, the number are far lower. So suddenly this make you smarter than others? No. As for my opinion, it is just that - my opinion.

Jo Van accuses Jews of a barbaric practice. I say that circumcision is a barbaric practice and akin to genital mutilation for ALL. I mention nothing of Jews, I don't single them out at all. Don't put words in my mouth because you're having a little pissing contest with Jo Van. And, its my OPINION, so to me, its not "wrong".

And if I agree with something that Whiskey says or Jo Van or Viper or Looney or Chameleon or anyone - how the fck is this interpeted....solely by you....as being "manipulated". Just to add fuel to the fire, Blonde posted something yesterday that I agreed with. See - we can all say something where we all go "I agree with that" or "I disagree with that".

The comment regarding an email from KJ is laughable and is slightly juvenile. JMO

See Whiskey - like the weather in Canada - wait an hour and it changes.
 ghostata
Msg: 804
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:37:58 AM

What? You don't have the ability to Email her back? How odd that.

Why would you think that was Odd...we are friends and have each others email addresses....I like KJ. I always have....other than the time we got in it on the israel thread. she emailed me after reading what was going on in this thread...offering some perspectives about people and I agree with her. I always found her insightful and intelligent but I have said that before here. Suffice it to say, I reject your opinions and those of other female posters about her. Women are interesting.... women tend to hate other women far more than guys will hate women.......and women will hate other women whom they perceive more attractive than they are simply because they are more attractive than they are.
 chameleonf
Msg: 805
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:49:10 AM
^Only odd in that you felt it necessary to message her here, when you have each other's Email addresses, as though you felt the need to let others know that you had some kind of back up. I don't feel one way or the other about KJ other than I felt she had a great sense of humour but seldom offered anything more substantial than that when it came to debating an actual topic, which made it difficult to determine if she was intelligent or not regarding actual topics. Your reference to women hating women and attractiveness has nothing to do with anything, at least from my perspective. She has great hair but beyond that, meh.

P.S. My paternal grandmother's maiden name is Kurtz. Look up it's origins. Should give you a laugh.
 ghostata
Msg: 806
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:50:23 AM

Uh, for every article that is pro circumcision there is more that are against circumcision. Medical opinions have also disagreed with circumcision.

Really, have you counted them? It doesn't matter anyway... I am in a far better position than you are to understand medicine and the fact that even in the same specialties, doctors do not agree with each other. The point is that medicine supports circumcision...but you won't accept that because it destroys you assertions that circumcision is "barbaric and mutilates".

Maybe you're only reading the data from Jewish doctors seeings you stated the other day that Jews are by far superior in intelligent and make better doctors.
. That is a lie. I didn't say that...but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you are accusing me of the same.

hahahahaha See, that's doubling down and taking a cheap shot. I found that whole post where you stated that to be arrogant and offensive. But I hadn't mentioned it until now.

I don't really give a fuk anymore. You can offer any opinion you want.

The data saying that only 1/3 of North America circumcises their children. Worldwide, the number are far lower. So suddenly this make you smarter than others? No. As for my opinion, it is just that - my opinion.

Gobbledygook, nonsensical assertion and accusing me of saying things I never said.

Jo Van accuses Jews of a barbaric practice. I say that circumcision is a barbaric practice and akin to genital mutilation for ALL.

I don't give a fuk anymore. You can offer any opinion you want. Everybody has the right to offer nonsensical, non-rational opinions....heck those are endemic on this board.

I mention nothing of Jews, I don't single them out at all. Don't put words in my mouth because you're having a little pissing contest with Jo Van. And, its my OPINION, so to me, its not "wrong".

Like AJ said...it is absolutely clear, by adapting Jovan's words what you were saying...your denials fall on deaf ears. Besides, whether you were referring to Gypsies and not Jews or not...you are still unequivocally wrong based on the medical literature...but that doesn't seem to matter to you.

And if I agree with something that Whiskey says or Jo Van or Viper or Looney or Chameleon or anyone - how the fck is this interpeted....solely by you....as being "manipulated". Just to add fuel to the fire, Blonde posted something yesterday that I agreed with. See - we can all say something where we all go "I agree with that" or "I disagree with that".

My opinion...you don't have to agree with me.

The comment regarding an email from KJ is laughable and is slightly juvenile. JMO

Really.... I agree with her. Truth is, I never understood your opinions of her and put it off to typical women jealousy...if you want to know the truth.
 ghostata
Msg: 807
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:58:23 AM
Well Charm, truth is I never understood why she so often played the dumb blonde on this board either other than just like everybody else here, that is how she liked to entertain herself here. There were times though where her intelligence and perceptiveness was very apparent... if you were looking for it.

I had a reason for going public about our emails..... but it doesn't matter why to anybody.
 Jo van
Msg: 808
Posted: 5/29/2018 10:35:53 AM

I don't believe race plays that much a part of the Caste system in the US...not nearly as much as others think it plays.

Thanks for that, hilarious.
Well, you "believe" a lot of other shit too, so that shouldn't come as any surprise.

The funny thing about Obama is that he's (self?)-ascribed as "black", when in fact he's just as much "white". (If such "races" existed, which they don't )
-It seems the old "one drop" rule is still alive and well.
-But it illustrates nicely the folly of the almost "binary" fallacy of such "racial" categorisations.

I remember somebody telling me, on another forum, long ago, that in S Africa, during the "apartheid" years, at school, people were "assessed" on their "race" by whether their hair was curly enough for a pencil to stay in. If it was, then you had to go to the "black schools".

It will take many years for this sort of shit to "wash-out", it's been there for a while.

Diseases are determined by genes, genes are not restricted to alleged "races", and cant be seen, unless you test for them.
Increasingly, there is a move towards "personalised" medicine, because people have unique combinations of genes, which react in different ways to different drugs.

Are all "black people" strong? Are all "black" people fast?
If not, then it's not really a "race" thing, but it may be a genetic thing.

Haplogroups aren't "races", nor are "clades", "clines", "clusters", or "alleles".
It's all very complicated, but fascinating (IMO)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup

Cham'

it only serves to prove that those who crave a privileged status are those who are most lacking in self-esteem and the least deserving of esteem from others.

Spot on.
It always makes me laugh when I see "white supremacists", like the ones in Charlottesville, with those tattoos of swastikas on their heads and arms, as if that "proves it".
It's like Trump; the ones who claim to be "the best" the most, are usually the ones furthest from it.

I was using trump as an example of the "myth of meritocracy", - which we've all been "groomed" to accept, from an early age:
those who display the most decadent and wasteful exhibitions of excessive consumption are supposed to be proving their cleverness, by "wearing their status symbols."
They might just as well be burning wads of money, while others die from hunger.

We've evolved a strange society.
Funny how it's so diametrically opposed to the teachings of most religions, and yet the religious worship trump the most.
Like Frank used to say: it's "supply-side jesus".
Trump likes the "othering" of groups or "races", it plays to his "dog whistle racism".
It allows him to call them both "sons of b1tches", and "unpatriotic" at the same time.
And to say "maybe they shouldn't be in the country".

-And all the "racists" who voted for him "get the message".
He still thinks that Obama was a "muslim".
-It was probably the curly hair which "triggered" him.

It doesn't matter if football players stand, or kneel, or juggle copies of the bible, because there's an actual "racist" in the white-lies house.
He likes "racists", like former sheriff joe.
Any "racists" in law enforcement may feel that their bigotry has been vindicated.
That's a bleak prospect.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 809
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 10:55:33 AM

She even changed the title to "emails and benghazi", and is deflecting to immates.

If you're going to call someone out, at least get your facts, straight.

Uncle Fester changed the Title in msg 772.
NY58 replied to that post, in msg775, so the changed Title remained.

Most posters don't look at the Subject line when they reply.
 billybonds
Msg: 810
Posted: 5/29/2018 10:56:07 AM

those who display the most decadent and wasteful exhibitions of excessive consumption are supposed to be proving their cleverness, by "wearing their status symbols."
They might just as well be burning wads of money, while others die from hunger.

We've evolved a strange society.
Funny how it's so diametrically opposed to the teachings of most religions,

This may have a ring of truth big man but where's the fun in this...It's a house of cards
and you'll be a long time without the welfare state....the status quo is better than tomorrow.

Personally I think the players should kneel...
And Donald's got a perfect right to ask them to stand.
The team owners should butt out . The largely honkey saps.
It's all about putting an arm around shoulders and hugging each other .

This makes me stand it's very moving.....
 billybonds
Msg: 811
Posted: 5/29/2018 10:59:49 AM
https://youtu.be/N_lCmBvYMRs
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 812
change is good, change is our friend. hopefully you can find enough change to buy a soda
Posted: 5/29/2018 11:08:11 AM
"It sure makes one wonder, long after none of us are here to argue about race, what the prime reason for discrimination will be in that future"

>>>oh, economic status has always been popular. The boy who doesn't pay enough on a date, the girl who can't afford to bring the cool purse to school, the neighbor who can't afford a BMW. Immature humans feel more comfortable when they can categorize other humans. Is that one a threat to our status quo? Well, they may not be physically stronger, but they are cooler than us and thus get more social proof. Before America had African slaves, they had indentured servitude. Most countries/cultures have a North/South divide, or a rural versus urban value debate.

meanwhile, its wonderful that some people say nothing but keep track of me. My actions must be so important they are worth contributing. The next time I lose my glasses, they'll know exactly where I've been with them and what I did. :)
 Jo van
Msg: 813
change is good, change is our friend. hopefully you can find enough change to buy a soda
Posted: 5/29/2018 11:36:51 AM

....the status quo is better than tomorrow.

It never has been.
It's the conservative coming out in you. You romanticise the past, the monarchy, the empire....
You're living in the past.
Progress has always meant the betterment of the poorest to me.
ALL has been opposed by Conservatives .
You only love trump because he has every surface covered in gold!!!

Newsflash:
Today, Starbucks was closed for training, because they arrested someone for "stealing my air", or "wearing a loud shirt",
- or some other "trumped up charge".
Funnily enough, ALL those people were "at work" too, when they displayed their bigotry.
-So why shouldn't other people be allowed to object to such, while they're "at work" too?
(Actually, its before the "real work", which they're paid for, begins)

-And "Roseanne" has been cancelled, because of some quip on twitter, where she described a former Obama aide as a "cross between the muslim brotherhood" and planet of the apes".

-And all because "race" apparently doesn't play much of a part in America, -because they had a "black' president, so it can't do.
You couldn't make it up.
 billybonds
Msg: 814
Posted: 5/29/2018 11:51:53 AM
Without gainsaying you jo ...I mean the present status quo...stability....things not getting any worse...I want
to continue to live in a world where Italian bonds carry no risk premium...

As an aside it's torrential here .....

And thank you for sending Meghan....
 ghostata
Msg: 815
Posted: 5/29/2018 11:58:42 AM

The funny thing about Obama is that he's (self?)-ascribed as "black", when in fact he's just as much "white". (If such "races" existed, which they don't )

such an ignorant man you are Jovan...since a Black Man being elected president doesn't fit your narrative, he was elected only because he is as much "white" as "black". It couldn't be because White America saw an intelligent, well spoken, classy man when they voted for him and didn't even think about his race. In your puny mind....they saw a "white" man or at least a man who was half "white"..so it was okay to vote for him.

You are pathetic..... but your lapdogs will be agreeing with you of course...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 816
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 2:12:00 PM
Jo van, you're focussing on the US like there's no inequality where you live.
 chameleonf
Msg: 817
Posted: 5/29/2018 2:57:34 PM
^Ya, how dare he focus on inequality in the States in a thread about sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the locker room at States football games which has its roots in equality in the States. I'm sure he'd have plenty to say about inequality where he lives in a thread about same. Start one and see what happens - then again, according to you, you shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion in that thread, even if you authored it, because people can't have an opinion about anything unless they live in that country. It's kinda like saying you can't have an opinion on "the spectrum" unless you live within "the spectrum"... no wait...

Re Rosanne getting cancelled, couldn't happen to a better racist. Too bad it's affected her co-stars' and show associates' livelihoods though. In these types of cases, they should write in a kill off of the character, rather than screw up everyone else's livelihoods. Then again, I suppose it starts the ball rolling for people to speak out against inequality/racism when they see it happen and not associate with the racist just for the sake of money. Not sad to see the show go though - never was my cup o' tea.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 818
Posted: 5/29/2018 3:17:51 PM
Too bad it wasn't that easy to get rid of the racist President..
In Meryl Streeps words...
This instinct to humiliate when it's modeled by someone in the public ... by someone powerful, it filters down into everyone's life because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same."

Sad for some of her co-workers. I'm sure she has enough money but some were probably counting on the revival.
Another loud mouth racist that followed Trumps lead....thinking she was above it all.
It's not the first time I'm sure she was warned already.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 819
twitter takes out another one
Posted: 5/29/2018 3:36:12 PM
"too bad its affected her coworkers' ability to make a paycheck"

>>>the exact thing I thought when I heard it. You'd think when she grabbed her crotch after singing the National Anthem at a baseball game (speaking of disrespect), someone might have considered her a liability. ABC wanted to let the voice of Trump supporters on TV, they got I think 3rd best ratings, but then she thought it would be funny to compare a black person to an ape. "Good" for ABC to put aside advertising money to make a statement, better late than never. She had a chance to make her views known on TV, and she can't blame anyone for censoring herself but herself.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 820
Posted: 5/29/2018 5:22:06 PM

but I do want to make it clear here...although I believe Jews are overall "smart", I don't necessarily believe they are superior. For example, a Jew is much more likely to be a doctor than a plumber.....but neither my doctor nor my dentist are Jewish... and I don't believe Jewish Lawyers are in any way superior to non-Jewish Lawyers...but if they are Jewish, there is a better chance they will end up being a lawyer than if they are not Jewish.

Why do Jews always seem to strive to learn and educate themselves? Why do Ashkenazi Jews have on average some of the highest IQs in the world (although I remember reading the highest IQs in the world may be in a particular area of Singapore I believe)...is it the culture or something else.... I am waiting for you to explain it to me Jovan.

Do you not think this sounds a little arrogant? I make reference to this and you come back with -

That is a lie. I didn't say that...but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you are accusing me of the same.

Yup...you did.

1/3 of males are circumcised - you call that "gobbledygook". Even in one of your quotes it says 1/3 of males worldwide are circumcised. I did a simple google search and found the same information.

Like AJ said...it is absolutely clear, by adapting Jovan's words what you were saying...your denials fall on deaf ears. Besides, whether you were referring to Gypsies and not Jews or not...you are still unequivocally wrong based on the medical literature...but that doesn't seem to matter to you.

Bullshyt. Another simple google search. Besides, we both know that you can find whatever you want to back up any claims on the internet. Regarding circumcision - there are articles pro and con. 1/3 do, 2/3 don't. My thing has always been - don't do it to a child. Let them decide when they are of age. WTF is wrong with that?

And OMFG, you have this thing with Jo Van. That's on you, that's your issue, not mine.

As for KJ, I liked KJ as a person. As for her posting, she either cracked me up or she came across as a dumb blonde. Who wants to be known as the dumb blonde? And the dumb blonde posts were annoying. And childish, little girl shit that she did ...pathetic. She was/is no more insightful than Chameleon or Wooby or 2UF0 or Whiskey or a few other women on here. And really, you have this "thing" with Jo Van and have I or anyone accused you of being "jealous" of him because you don't get along with him? You being jealous of Jo Van is just as ridiculous as you saying me or Chameleon or Whiskey are jealous of KJ. Think about that.

My opinion...you don't have to agree with me.

Oh FFS - that's what I've been saying all along about circumcision.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 821
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:36:32 PM

If you're going to call someone out, at least get your facts, straight.

We'll, I did missed the title change by Mustang, so you are correct.

#VoteRepublicansOut2018
 ghostata
Msg: 822
Posted: 5/30/2018 5:19:48 AM
"""As for KJ, I liked KJ as a person"""

LOL

You know one important reason why I like kj? Because she is a very kind person. She is not cruel and does not say cruel things to hurt people. She does the opposite. She went out of her way to be nice to people, like hopeless, who didn't deserve her kindness

Compare that to somebody like Jovan, whom you so much respect and parrot, who is constantly and objectively a cruel person. Telling people they are "mutilating" their children with "barbaric" practices is but one little example of his cruelty. Being a cruel person..saying cruel things to people who don't deserve it may be allowed by free speech but does not excuse a person for what they say and who they are.

Charm....Kurtz...without looking, I recognize that surname as Jewish.
 ghostata
Msg: 823
Posted: 5/30/2018 6:16:37 AM
By the way seagull...this is where you lied...

""""Maybe you're only reading the data from Jewish doctors seeings you stated the other day that Jews are by far superior in intelligent and make better doctors.""""

I never said jews are better doctors. I said they are more likely to be doctors. But you know what I said....just like your cruel mentor, Jovan, you intentionally manipulate words....and that is what it comes down to seagull....because guy you respect (that is sad in itself) feels no qualms about malign ingredients people..you feel the same way. Next thing I would not be surprised to hear you say...is mocking God as a "sky wizard" and believers as mentally ill. That's what all the wonderful people these parts seem to say.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 824
Posted: 5/30/2018 8:19:18 AM

Why do Jews always seem to strive to learn and educate themselves? Why do Ashkenazi Jews have on average some of the highest IQs in the world (although I remember reading the highest IQs in the world may be in a particular area of Singapore I believe)...is it the culture or something else.... I am waiting for you to explain it to me Jovan.

Then why would you say this - its completely arrogant. In fact, I was surprised you stoop to such arrogance. That whole couple of paragraphs was arrogant and no different than the pissing contest of "who's penis is bigger" between Donald and Kim. You and Jo Van have a thing that brings out the worst in you and he just merey "plays" you at will. I don't think he plans to twist your boxers and at other times, he's doing it on purpose and knows what response it will get. Whatever you have between Jo Van....don't shove that on me.

I'm not going to argue/discuss KJ with her. You have some strange fixation where you bring her up often - whether I'm posting on here or not. And you know I've not been posting for a long, long time. Hell, crazy fake April thinks I'm Curiousdb. KJ could be kind, yes...so are many others on here. She still came across as a dim witted dumb blonde.

I am an atheist and at times I have referred to and used the words "sky wizard". There are still flat earthers out there and at times the debate gets heavy and hard. And really, faith is just that ....faith. So me or anyone saying "sky wizard" shouldn't much matter to those that believe in heaven and hell and everything in between. I don't think those with faith are mentally ill - nope, I don't think that at all. Its too bad some of the narrow minded bible thumpers didn't realize that the LGTBQ crowd are not mentally ill either, nor is a woman who has an abortion, nor is a man who marries a man. Do you know how many "gods" there are around the world? I know you somehow think the Jewish one is far superior but so does Gunga Minhas that bows to Ganesh. No, they aren't mentally ill. Faith, not facts, not science....and yes, I completely understand the use of the word "sky wizard"....the wizard of oz up in the sky making all your wishes come true. Thoughts and prayers. Its all bullshyt to me. But if you want to pray - pray. BTW, you're a none believer too.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 825
Posted: 5/30/2018 8:22:15 AM
Chameleon

^Ya, how dare he focus on inequality in the States in a thread about sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the locker room at States football games which has its roots in equality in the States. I'm sure he'd have plenty to say about inequality where he lives in a thread about same. Start one and see what happens - then again, according to you, you shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion in that thread, even if you authored it, because people can't have an opinion about anything unless they live in that country. It's kinda like saying you can't have an opinion on "the spectrum" unless you live within "the spectrum"... no wait...

Nailed it. I found the same with this one.

Rosanne should have been fired. Too bad they can't fire that SCOTUS as he has said far worse about people.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem