Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 926
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 38 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
The majority of the players of the Superbowl Champions Philadelphia Eagles refused to attend tomorrow's White House Super Bowl "celebration".

What does Cadet Bone Spurs does?

He throws a Toddler-In-Chief tantrum and revokes the invitation to save himself the humiliation of people seeing how few players would have shown up to the White House.

#VoteRepublicansOut2018
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 927
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 6/4/2018 6:55:34 PM
he shoulda just lied about the numbers, like he did at the inauguration and....
 Sandbyday
Msg: 928
Posted: 6/4/2018 9:38:12 PM
Poor babies. Won't be kneeling any more.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 929
Posted: 6/4/2018 10:58:28 PM
You fail to realize that none of the Eagles players knelt during the anthem over the course of the season. Toddler-In-Chief cancelled because less than 10 players were planning to go to the White House. Sad.

As Philly Mayor said, "disinviting them from the White House only proves that our President is not a true patriot, but a fragile egomaniac obsessed with crowd size and afraid of the embarrassment of throwing a party to which no one wants to attend."

btw, Comrade Trump called these Eagles players “UnAmerican”. A five-time draft dodger Cadet Bone Spurs, the guy who called getting an std his personal Vietnam.

Cadet Bone Spurs alleged "support" for the military and the flag is as bogus as he is.

#VoteRepublicansOut2018
 Viper1j
Msg: 930
Posted: 6/5/2018 4:37:28 AM

Poor babies. Won't be kneeling any more.

Nah, just hangin' out in the locker room.
 from site to sight
Msg: 931
Posted: 6/5/2018 6:19:01 AM
If football players were to kneel before a game to protest the epidemic of gunmen going to schools and killing children, would Trump still call them SOB's and say they should all be fired for protesting school shootings? I have a feeling Trump wouldn't be that harsh to them, since it's mostly white kids who are being slaughtered. If Trump is following the NRA's solution to gun violence is by arming more people in the schools, why not tell people in the black community that the solution to random killing by the police is to have more black people with guns to fight back with?

Next time there's an incident of a gunmen randomly killing people in a building, what the government should do is immediately get Trump to the site, and tell him "Go get the gunman"-since Trump boasted, that if he was in an area where there was a mass killing going on by a crazed gunman, he would rush into the building alone, even if he was unarmed, to confront the gunman.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 932
Posted: 6/5/2018 6:45:06 AM

If football players were to kneel before a game to protest the epidemic of gunmen going to schools and killing children, would Trump still call them SOB's and say they should all be fired for protesting school shootings? I have a feeling Trump wouldn't be that harsh to them, since it's mostly white kids who are being slaughtered. If Trump is following the NRA's solution to gun violence is by arming more people in the schools, why not tell people in the black community that the solution to random killing by the police is to have more black people with guns to fight back with?

Uh, Trump doesn't give a shit about kids slaughtered in schools so I doubt he would give a damn whether anyone took a knee for fallen students..... Trump is a feckless cvnt.

I'm glad the football team took a stand, those men are the true patriots. Meanwhile, that Feckless Toddler in Chief has another temper tantrum...feckless cvnt.
 Looney_TTT
Msg: 933
Posted: 6/5/2018 8:00:56 AM
^^^^I'm still laughing about the comment that he is "a 350-lb walking fetus in full dementia".

Nobody wants to go to his "baby" party and now he's whining like a baby. Quick - someone send out for some cheeseburgers and coke so he'll settle down. (Or does he eat happy meals?)

The Eagles are too smart to share their accomplishments with that piece of scum who has turned our White House into an daycare center.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 934
Posted: 6/5/2018 7:13:04 PM

Msg: 932
Meanwhile, that Feckless Toddler in Chief has another temper tantrum

Who woulda' thunk it? FauxNews misleading their viewers showing unrelated images of Eagles players praying before games, representing those photos as something they were not. The fact is no Eagles player knelt for the anthem during the season.

Can't wait to hear Toddler-In-Chief throwing a tantrum calling out FauxNews "FAKE NEWS".

#VoteRepublicansOut2018
 from site to sight
Msg: 935
Posted: 6/6/2018 5:30:44 AM
How ironic-that Trump turned the day that was to celebrate the Super Bowl champs into a day of celebrating patriotism and the military. The same guy who was a draft dodger, insulted the military, said POW's are not war heroes, and insulted a gold star family. And the same guy who is being investigated for an act of treason.

Why wasn't the rest of his family there with him? Aren't they suppose to be patriotic and show their patriotism-especially since they were all given cushy White House jobs and being paid by the tax payer?
 47Seagulls
Msg: 936
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:24:03 AM
That feckless cvnt SCROTUS didn't even know the words to God Bless America....hell, even we Canadians know the words to that .

I'm thinking his wife is still nursing that recurrence of that STD given to her by her cheating husband. Some have speculated that he hit her. Who knows, but she's been hiding out. Maybe the Trump kids don't want to be seen with Daddy either, other than to pick up a cheque.

It was cool to see the picture of a guy in the crowd taking a knee. He had more balls at the time to do that than the Toddler in Chief....who needs a 21 gun salute and have a wayward bullet.

I also read that the SWAT team were called to David Hogg's home for a "hostage situation". Its a good think that this vocal (hero) from the Parkland slaughter and his family were away. So some fecklesd cvnt republican deporable azzwipe decides to call in the cops for a little "death by SWAT". How juvenile, ignorant and nasty. Geezus, WTF has happened down south? This POS has given voice to the crazies, the bigots, racists, homophobes and inbred.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 937
Posted: 6/6/2018 5:19:49 PM

Msg: 936
That feckless cvnt SCROTUS didn't even know the words to God Bless America

If standing for the national anthem is so important, shouldn't knowing the words to the song be paramount to patriotism? How can this moron demand respect for the national anthem, when he doesn't know the lyrics?

#VoteRepublicansOut2018
 NewYorker58
Msg: 938
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 2:55:39 AM
I bet this football player makes Kaepernack feel proud, just kill cops as the solution. When I first saw the pic, I thought that's awful for someone to post that and attribute it falsely to this Brown's football player, only to find out it is true: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/isaiah-crowell-police/
 Viper1j
Msg: 939
Posted: 6/7/2018 3:47:51 AM

I bet this football player makes Kaepernack feel proud, just kill cops as the solution. When I first saw the pic, I thought that's awful for someone to post that and attribute it falsely to this Brown's football player, only to find out it is true: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/isaiah-crowell-police/

In light of THIS MORNINGS HEADLINES, I'll have to work really, really hard to work up anything resembling sympathy for today's cops.

I'll try, but don't hold your breath expecting any results.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/06/us/sterling-brown-milwaukee-bodycam-police-footage/index.html
A Milwaukee police officer stepped on NBA player Sterling Brown's ankle during his arrest and others mocked any potential civil rights complaint he might make, according to bodycam footage reviewed by CNN. Brown's lawyer, Mark Thomsen, intends to file a lawsuit against the Milwaukee Police Department this week, he told CNN. Demanding transparency and accountability, 10 of the 15 aldermen on the Milwaukee Common Council expressed concern Tuesday that the new footage was not included among video shared with the council two months ago.

The footage was obtained approximately two weeks after the department released another video showing how quickly the situation escalated when an officer confronted the Milwaukee Bucks rookie and Maywood, Illinois, native for parking across two handicapped spots at a drugstore. In the original footage from January 26, Brown, who was 22 at the time, and an officer approach each other simultaneously. While asking for Brown's driver's license, the policeman tells Brown to back up and lightly shoves him immediately upon issuing the command. After Brown tells the officer repeatedly not to touch him, the officer calls for backup, prompting at least three more squad cars and several more police to rush to the scene.

The initial police report described Brown as aggressive, but when the first batch of footage was released last month, Chief Alfonso Morales apologized for the officers' behavior, saying they behaved "inappropriately." Mayor Tom Barrett said, "No citizen should be treated this way." Two sergeants were suspended without pay -- for 10 and 15 days, respectively -- for "failing to be a role model for professional police service," while another officer was suspended for two days for "failing to treat a member of the public with courtesy and professionalism." Eight others will receive remedial training in professional communications.

The department has not identified the officers involved, despite local media reporting their names.
The Milwaukee Police Association did not return a phone call or email seeking comment but has previously defended the officers. After the first footage was released, the union called use of force a "necessary component of policing" and said anyone taking issue with a stop should cooperate with police and file a complaint later.

'Y'all surrounding me for what?'
The new footage shows the incident from multiple bodycams, perched on the shoulders of officers who arrived on the scene after the first officer called for backup around 2 a.m. The officer calls for backup after an exchange that lasts a few seconds, during which Brown asks, "What's the issue?" and twice tells the officer not to touch him. As the scream of a police SUV's siren gets louder, Brown questions what they're waiting on. "We're going to figure out what we're going to do -- whether you're going to get tickets, whatever," the officer responds. "You can't do that by yourself?" Brown replies.
Soon, there are three more police vehicles in the drugstore parking lot. The officer on the scene tells at least one car arriving in the parking lot that he needed only one backup officer, but the officer exits the car anyway.

At least six officers surround Brown. While the new footage shows multiple angles of the encounter, it's difficult to determine which officers are speaking at times. Some officers' voices are more audible on certain bodycams.

The scene grows testy. One officer asks rhetorically, "Where's your handicapped sticker?" Another threatens to have Brown's Mercedes towed. Through it all, Brown asks repeatedly, "Y'all surrounding me for what?"
One of the officers tells Brown to take his hands out of his pockets. When he doesn't do it immediately, several officers frantically repeat the command and Brown says, "Relax. Hold on. I got stuff in my hands. You want me to drop ... "
He doesn't finish his question. Several of the officers begin wrestling him to the ground.
"On the ground! Get down!" an officer yells.

Brown's passenger tells him, "Baby, just get down! Just get down! Just get down!"

The commotion isn't clear from any of the bodycam angles. Brown tells an officer, "Get your hands ... Get your hands off my neck." An officer yells, "Tase him! Tase him! Taser! Taser! Taser!" The zap of the Taser can be heard, and Brown groans. Officers begin searching him. Brown's legs lie listlessly on the ground. A wire connects the prongs in Brown's back to the Taser that remains in one of the officer's hands. Clearly subdued, Brown asks several times, "All this for what?"

Stepping on his ankle

The bodycams show one of the officers stepping on Brown's ankle for an extended period, despite his legs remaining motionless after the Taser is deployed. "S**t is crazy," Brown says. "C'mon, man. You're stepping on my ankle for what?"
"So you don't kick us," the officer replies. "I ain't got no reason to kick y'all, man," Brown says.

Only then does one of the officers realize who Brown is. He tells Brown he remembers his name, and Brown responds that he wants every one of the officers' names on the incident report. One of them assures him they will be.

Brown remains composed throughout the encounter, never raising his voice. His tone is calm even as he questions the level of force officers employed.

"I know exactly which one of y'all motherf*****s kicked me for no reason. Kneed me in my s**t for no reason. All y'all. The initial police officer pushed me for no reason," he says.

"I asked you to step back," the officer says.

"Naw, I ain't trying to hear that s**t," Brown retorts. "You right. It'll be all on camera. The bald-headed motherf***** who kneed me in my s**t. Y'all all some bad guys without..." The end of his sentence is inaudible. Someone belches off-camera.
Paramedics arrive, and officers inform Brown he must go to the hospital because he's been tased. As they prepare to put him in the ambulance, someone -- it's not clear if it's a policeman or paramedic -- tells Brown, "I hope you guys make the playoffs. I like the Bucks."

Brown replies, "I hope you come to a game."

'It's going to be a ... media firestorm'
Officers help him off the ground. Some seem to take a friendlier tone with him, but one tells him, "I don't follow the Bucks, so I didn't recognize you. I didn't recognize your famous name." It's one of many times officers appear to mock Brown. At one point, away from the incident, an officer tells another policeman sitting in his car that "the bureau" is responding to the scene. It's not clear which bureau he means, but he says, "We're trying to protect our town."
"Because he plays for the Bucks, if he makes a f***ing complaint it's going to be a f***ing media firestorm," he says.
"Oh yeah," another officer replies.

"And then any little f***ing thing that goes wrong is going to be," the officer switches to a high-pitched voice, "Oh, the police department is all racist (inaudible) blah, blah, blah."

Well after the altercation is over and Brown is in custody, the officer who initiated the stop continues his back-and-forth with Brown over whose actions exacerbated the situation.

"I asked you to move back. You didn't," he says.

"You didn't have to touch. You initially touched me," Brown replies.

"You're right. I did, because you were right in my grill."

"Nah. Because I walked out to my car and you walked up on me."

City leaders question initial police report

Away from Brown, the same officer paints himself as innocent, claiming to fellow officers that Brown became aggressive.
"I was standing by his door. I was like, 'Hey, where's he at?' He comes out and he's right up on me. I'm like, 'Hey, step back,' and he wouldn't do it. So I gave him a little push and then s**t got elevated. I'm like, 'All right, get me another squad here.' It could've been simple."

In an exchange with another officer, he says, "If the guy hadn't been such a d**k, it would've just been, 'Bye, have a nice day.' But then I thought, 'OK, he's being an ass; he's hiding something.'"

According to a police report obtained by CNN affiliate WISN, the officer described Brown as "very aggressive," an assertion that didn't seem to jibe with the findings of an investigation into the matter. Milwaukee police were so concerned about the initial release of bodycam footage last month that, before its release, Assistant Police Chief Michael Brunson told parishioners of a Milwaukee church that the department was bracing for backlash.

"There's going to be a video that's going to come out soon, in the next couple of weeks, involving the department," he said, according to CNN affiliate WITI. "I'm going to be honest with you, we're going to need your support during the challenges."
Brown, who sports reporters said had a bruise and a scab on his face before a game that night against the Brooklyn Nets, was issued a parking ticket but was not criminally charged. In a statement last month, he decried "racism towards the minority community, the abuse of power and the lack of accountability for officers involved." Milwaukee police conducted an internal affairs investigation after Brown's arrest, while the police union defended the officers.

"Inevitably every Use of Force will be scrutinized and often opinion gets in the way of fact," the Milwaukee Police Association statement said. "Unfortunately, society and local leaders only take issue when the situation is sensational, or the individual is of prominence. Our officers are routinely injured during Use of Force applications; rarely is there an outcry of support from civic leadership."

In their Tuesday letter demanding accountability, the 10 aldermen called for an "audit of all activity associated with the incident," the results of which should be presented in an open session of the Common Council. "It is our continued commitment that there be complete transparency around this issue along with swift and appropriate action to all those involved who violated MPD policies and procedures," the letter said.

And if THAT wasn't enough.. (Warning: The video will make you want to puke.)
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/06/us/mesa-arizona-police-punch-man-video/index.html

Arizona officers on administrative leave after punching unarmed man

The police chief in Mesa, Arizona, says he was "disappointed" by a video that shows officers punching and kneeing an unarmed man. A police sergeant and three officers have been placed on administrative leave after the May 23 incident at an apartment complex. While an attorney for Robert Johnson, 33, said he provided no reason for officers to strike him, the Mesa Police Association said Johnson "was not compliant and physically resisted what we feel was a lawful detention."
Police Chief Ramon Batista acted after a community member showed him a surveillance video of the beating a week after the incident, said Detective Nik Rasheta.

The officers are the subject of an internal investigation.

'He was unarmed and then they just attacked'

Johnson was with a friend who police say was trying to enter an ex-girlfriend's apartment, prompting a 911 call, Batista told CNN affiliate KNXV. The responding officer was told of a possible weapon at the apartment. Johnson lives in the building and was not trespassing, according to his attorney, Benjamin Taylor. Officers approached Johnson and his friend, searched Johnson, found he had no weapons and asked him to sit by the wall, police said.

In the video, Johnson is seen leaning against the wall and looking at his cell phone before being surrounded by officers and punched multiple times in the head and struck with a knee. He slumps to the ground. Three officers landed blows, police said. "He wasn't resisting," Taylor told CNN. "He was unarmed and then they just attacked."

Batista said the department will put out a special directive that says officers will not strike anyone in the head who isn't trying to harm them. CNN was unable Wednesday to speak with the police chief. Authorities were expected to release an incident report and bodycam footage.

Union: Released video doesn't tell the whole story

The chief told CNN affiliates KPHO and KTVK that Johnson's leaning against the wall and what he said to them made the officers feel as though they needed to have him sit down. He did not elaborate on what might have been said. Taylor said Johnson was being cooperative. "I am disappointed in what I saw," he said of the video, which police released to media on Tuesday. It did not appear to have audio.

The Mesa Police Association, which represents several of the officers involved in the incident, said in a statement that officers were sent to a dangerous domestic situation, and that officers acted to end the confrontation quickly and prevent anyone from falling over a short guardrail. "We feel it was grossly inappropriate to release a portion of video with no audio that does not include the full context of the encounter. Furthermore, we do not understand why video is being released when an internal investigation has not been completed."

Taylor said Wednesday that his client, who was charged with disorderly conduct, was knocked out and is still in pain two weeks later. "This is going to affect him for the rest of his life." Taylor said he will ask for charges to be dismissed, given the video. "For them to exert that force on him is unconscionable," said Taylor. "No matter what age, race and gender you are, police should not be attacking and hurting people when they're there to serve and protect."

And know you know why some people threw parties after the Dallas shooting.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 940
Posted: 6/7/2018 6:30:39 AM

I bet this football player makes Kaepernack (sic) feel proud, just kill cops as the solution. When I first saw the pic, I thought that's awful for someone to post that and attribute it falsely to this Brown's football player, only to find out it is true: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/isaiah-crowell-police/

did you see the video of the Mesa, AZ police beating an unarmed black man? It was all over the news yesterday.

This is why Kaepernick and his fellow players took a respectful knee.

BTW, football players and other sports figures are not angels and have committed nasty crimes. Just like other folks out there committing crimes that look just like you and your brothers. When you go looking for black crime and cherry pick your posts, really have a look and post white nasty shyt too.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 941
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 8:50:08 AM
All I can say is that some democrats, that are hypocrites, won't get the significance or correlate that labeling all cops as bad isn't right, similar to labeling all black folks in any way. How is one okay and one not okay when it comes to labeling a group?

Do bad cops wipe out what good cops do every day with putting their lives on the line, helping people and saving lives? It can be a thankless job sometimes, risking one's life every day, but I know for good cops, people they help thank them. I know if I dial 911, someone in a blue suit is going to show up to help me, regardless of who I am, my skin color, nationality, religion or political belief.

When people are hired as cops, there's no way to get around hiring people that aren't good at their job. It's unfortunate for everyone that it may not be determined until the person is on the job to see if they hate people of any particular color, nationality, religion, or sex or that they're on the take. I think because of their bond with each other with possibly getting killed every day, they have that blue wall that keeps bad apples from being weeded out more easily. The blue wall is a big problem.
 chameleonf
Msg: 942
Posted: 6/7/2018 9:36:00 AM
I don't think anyone said that the preponderance of cops aren't "good". The fact is that there is pervasive racial targeting and abuse that isn't found to be the case with "white" individuals. I'm sure, also, that those who are perceived to be a great cop to those white individuals who need them, or even a perpetrator, aren't treated the same as non-whites who need them. On top of it, the judicial system doesn't sentence the same way. You'd have to be either a racist, downright fvcking stupid, or both, not to see it, no matter what party you affiliate with. Instead, let's take issue with those protesting the fact that it's a distinct, pervasive problem, and deflect it into something about being unpatriotic. What's unpatriotic is not treating all citizens the same as per that wonderful constitution and twisting the issue in order to bury it in yet another racist way. Pathetic.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 943
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 9:59:20 AM
I don't see having an issue with cops as being unpatriotic. You're mistaken to believe that all cops treat situations with non-whites differently. That's a blanket statement. I am in no way sticking up for bad cops. I think they should all be wearing cameras. It's not fool proof, but I think it's a good starting point.

Misogyny is a problem too, but when you hire a cop, you're hiring their personality. There are multiple problems in the police dept that encompasses everyone.
 happata
Msg: 944
Posted: 6/7/2018 10:00:05 AM
^^^^^ You know I do remember one incident clearly in my mind from a very long time ago.. I was in an urban city courtroom.....at the magistrate level, which meant the people there, all shackled together, were having their first appearances after being arrested for a crime, where bail would be set, etc. Most of the people shackled together were young black men. Shackled with them were two young white females...who looked very preppy, even in their prison garb. They were charged purportedly with some sort of burglary. They were possibly of good stock and got mixed up with the wrong crowd....or so it seemed. The Judge let them out on their own recognizance, i.e., they did not have to put up any sort of bail. The young black men.....either had a bail set ...meaning they had to come up with 10% to get a bonding company, or in some cases no bail for more serious crime. It was just a fact of life that you were far more likely to see black people chained up than white people, especially two young, pretty, white females. So the question arises...is that because the police were not arresting white people for crimes, or was there simply far more black crime in this particular city?
 from site to sight
Msg: 945
Posted: 6/7/2018 10:04:22 AM
How often does a cop get charged with murder when he/she shoots and kills an unarmed black man? You can bet it would be a different story if a black man was to kill a cop-even if the black man shot in self defense because he thought he was going to get shot by the cop. And you could also bet Trump would stick his nose into it and have a Twitter tantrum if police were being murdered by black people. Why is one murder acceptable and the other isn't? There should be one law for all people-no matter what race.
 chameleonf
Msg: 946
Posted: 6/7/2018 10:22:26 AM

I don't see having an issue with cops as being unpatriotic.

No, people take issue with a quiet, peaceful protest taking place during a national anthem. I guess they prefer this to riots in the streets each time a black individual is shot in the back while not posing an immediate threat or a number of times all over their body by two cops while in the backyard of their relative's backyard, or being black while driving a car deemed to be "too expensive for a black man".

You're mistaken to believe that all cops treat situations with non-whites differently.

You're mistaken to believe that's what was stated. Where was the word "all" used?

Misogyny is a problem too, but when you hire a cop, you're hiring their personality.

Well start a thread on misogyny by cop.

Perhaps better screening should take place both before and during employment, on top of proper justice being served to those particular cops who commit the racial crimes while on the job...as a good starting point.
 Viper1j
Msg: 947
Posted: 6/7/2018 11:10:49 AM

I don't see having an issue with cops as being unpatriotic. You're mistaken to believe that all cops treat situations with non-whites differently. That's a blanket statement. I am in no way sticking up for bad cops. I think they should all be wearing cameras. It's not fool proof, but I think it's a good starting point.

Misogyny is a problem too, but when you hire a cop, you're hiring their personality. There are multiple problems in the police dept that encompasses everyone.

Maybe this is the issue. And I'm posting this, as a retired Deputy Sheriff from the Orange County, California Sheriff's Office.

I was a cop, my mother was a cop, she served 27 years and retired as a Lieut. from the California Department of Corrections. My kid brother just retired after 30 years with California State Parole.

When I went through the Academy, it was a different culture. I remember growing up, and having adults tell me that "if you're ever lost, or get scared, find a policeman". These days, most parents with any brains, (at least parents of color) tell their kids to run away or hide from the police.

The days of Officer Friendly, are way back in the mist. I asked my little brother if he was a rookie today, would he stay in the department? His answer? Was an emphatic Hell To The No!

In some ways, it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. Did the culture change because of the cops? Or did the cops change the culture? It's rhetorical, because it doesn't really matter. Today, the United States is no different than Israel, we have soldiers policing our streets. It really is us versus them, and it's a coin flip to see who might win.

I'm not going to deny that there are some awesome police left, that really care about people. I'm very good friends with more than a few of them, (most of them are pilots like me), but that's beside the point.

The point is, they are still very much in the minority, but I remember a time when they were the majority. I know Police (mostly through my mother's friends) that went their entire careers, without so much as even drawing their weapon, let alone shooting anyone.

Does anyone ever ask themselves, if they were Jewish, and in Nazi Germany, would they walk meekly into the ovens? Or would they fight for their lives?

How many people here think a normal citizen could shoot a cop, and use as their defense," I fired because I was in fear of my life, and the life of my family"? Think that would fly?

"It ain't no fun, when the rabbit gets the gun.." -- Bugs Bunny

Which side will get a clue first?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 948
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 11:24:35 AM
I think there's some type of psychological testing, not sure exactly what that is. All crimes committed by cops should be punishable. And poor treatment, because a lot falls under poor treatment. Black people have power, but it's about how they use it. I'm more about being proactive about what I want, and think a silent protest isn't really doing anything. Changing psychological testing may help. I think cameras are pivotal. That's what I see as something that would be most beneficial.

The people that fair the best after being arrested are those with representation.

Viper, with your background, what do you see that should be done differently? Is there something that can be tweaked in the hiring process? I always had a healthy fear of cops, because of their power and the blue wall. I don't think black people understand that non-blacks fear them too.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 949
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 1:57:11 PM
Viper wrote:
In some ways, it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. Did the culture change because of the cops? Or did the cops change the culture?
I think the culture changed, and the cops were forced to adapt. What changed over the last sefveral decades? More guns + more violence in media. You have one side (more guns) that has staunch, immovable conservative/GOP support, and the other side (violence in movies and video games) which has staunch, immovable liberal/Dem support. Both sides claim the Constitution is on their side. Nobody wants to move an inch, because the corporations funneling money to their respective side wants profits to go down. And neither side wants to be labelled a "RINO" or "DINO" by their own side, so they cower under the shower of blood money flowing to them. Just the way Wall Street wants it...a bloody stalemate while the billions of profits flow while children are slaughtered.

The real answer is both sides giving something up. What that is, I'm not smart enough to know....but it would start with less guns and less violence in media.

Sorry for the debbiedowner post.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 950
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 2:15:53 PM
NY58:
Black people have power, but it's about how they use it. I'm more about being proactive about what I want, and think a silent protest isn't really doing anything.
Kaepernick's silent protest movement has been devastatingly effective. It's on the news every week. The fact that we're here, discussing it, two years later, shows that it's effective. The NFL owners, one of the most powerful forces in sports, were forced to react. They're scared sh*tless, in my opinion. So it's been effective in shining a light on the issue. Whether anything will be done about it on the street level, remains to be seen. But the pressure is there.

I'm not sure what a more "proactive" approach would be. Protests, riots and terror are the historical tools of the powerless and the oppressed. I think a silent protest is the best tool, of those three, whether one agrees with the point of the protest or not.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem