Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 76
Things that bug youPage 4 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
"chameleonf (that "f" at the end really bugs me) "

What about the fact that she's been using the same pic since day one ?

ANYONE who never changes their pic for that matter !

Remember that pic Abelian used with the mickey mouse ears ? THAT used to bug me.

As you were
 chameleonf
Msg: 77
Things that bug you
Posted: 9/27/2017 10:04:10 AM
Well, being that I don't want you to live your life bugged on my account, the f was put at the end for female for no other reason than chameleon was already taken as well as a bunch of them with other suffixes..so I just went it that cuz I couldn't be bothered trying any other options at the time...and it was better than F.U. or F.O.

I don't bother changing my pic because I don't see the need - I'm not here looking for a date/relationship, so who cares?! Not only that but the next day I turned into a toad, so it would have been very confusing.

Speaking of Abelian, I wish the forums were as lively as back then.

Trust you are now debugged.

vvv Then it would bug you there was no pic.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 78
Things that bug you
Posted: 9/27/2017 10:13:39 AM
"I'm not here looking for a date/relationship, so who cares?! "

Well, why even have a pic at all then ?
 deetristate
Msg: 79
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 9/27/2017 10:34:43 AM
gto

as a reader, you may find interesting

"the origins of institutionalized racism -a system to control blacks . . .and whites"

in the ob rag.

(isn't l2l puerto rican. how are his relatives?)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 80
Things that bug you
Posted: 9/27/2017 10:38:33 AM
"Then it would bug you there was no pic."

No, because then no misrepresentation ( the reason it bugs me ) would be taking place

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 backcreek7
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 10:55:12 AM
..... Many people of the caucasian persuasion , feel there is significantly more racial prejudice towards them now ~ by the black race, then vice versa. This seems just as inane as, the reverse situation. How long must we pay for what our ancestors did or said ?
...... AND this thing about ripping up historical statues is just plain insanity, in my op. What are they wanting to do ?Completely erase history ~ because their ancestors were abused? As Ziggy says ~ " you don't know the past ~ you don't know the future "
...... Next will be ~ ALL books they don't agree with, when will it ever stop? Somebody here, has their heads up their asses & it isn't us.
...... When black men & women look into a mirror ~ and see just a man or just a women ( nothing more / nothing less ) .... & not a " black " man or " black " woman ~ we will have graduated to the next level. One where we all, are just human beings, working together for the common good.

...... lyrics > " if there is no love in your heart ~ so sorry, then there is no hope for you "
turn it up ^
TOMORROW PEOPLE ~ by ZIGGY MARLEY
 chameleonf
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/27/2017 11:23:52 AM

..... Many people of the caucasian persuasion , feel there is significantly more prejudice towards them now ~ by the black race, then vice versa. This seems just as inane as, the reverse situation. How long must we pay for what our ancestors did or said ?

You would have to describe how many more Caucasian individuals are experiencing prejudice, rather than the reverse before I could possibly believe or agree with any portion of that statement. Perhaps it's more a case of the white individual being taken to task for their actions, rather than prejudice. It's not a case of paying for what ancestors did or said in the past but present day treatment (unless you are talking about statues, which is not the subject of the "kneel").

With respect to the statues issue, I believe it's a recent symbolic issue, one which I disagree with when it comes to taking them down. Prior to the recent outcry, I doubt many considered them much else than park art and didn't even pay attention to who was being portrayed or their background. It depends on what they depict.

When black men & women look into a mirror ~ and see just a man or just a women ( nothing more / nothing less ) .... & not a " black " man or " black " woman ~ we will have graduated to the next level. One where we all, are just human beings, working together for the common good.

I suspect they won't "feel" their colour when they are treated as just a man or a woman when they are no longer made to feel devalued. THEN we will have graduated to the next level. Since you like songs "Walk A Mile In My Shoes".
 gtomustang
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/27/2017 11:31:43 AM
Shoot, I tried to search "the origins of institutionalized racism -a system to control blacks . . .and whites" (without the quotes) and I got gobblygook. Sounds like it might be interesting, for certain all societies run on some sort of system so that there is no anarchy. There are winners and losers, the problem is if the selection becomes institutionalized rather than occurs naturally.

"how long must we pay for what our ancestors did?"

>>>good question, it assumes we already have. I don't like the idea of reparations, b/c of the old saw about giving a person a fish for a day, rather than teaching them how to fish. a little help getting into college would be more my style, seeing as we white folk tend to get a bit more inheritance to build on than some other people, perhaps going back to when indentured servants at least had a chance at freedom and land.

http://www.newsreel.org/guides/race/whiteadv.htm

When there is a recession

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomitrovic/2013/02/05/the-worst-economic-crisis-since-when/#637b02a6076b

which socio-economic group gets it the worst? It used to be, blacks could enter the middle class via the military or jobs in local government. How has city budgets been doing lately?

I don't like the idea of a foreign policy that meddles in the governments of others who have oil under their feet. When their refugees come here for relief, do we pay for what we did?

As for the tearing down of historical statues, most went up during the rise of Jim Crow and the Civil Rights fight. Coincidence?

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a12015570/confederate-monuments/

ironically, the most certain time a white man doesn't see the color of the man next to him? on the preschool playground, or on the battlefield when the enemy is trying to kill them both.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/27/2017 11:34:19 AM
" When black men & women look into a mirror ~ and see just a man or just a women ( nothing more / nothing less ) .... & not a " black " man or " black " woman ~ we will have graduated to the next level "

Wow

You should change your name to BackWARDS Creek

Unbelievable

SMH
 backcreek7
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 11:40:20 AM
" white individual being taken to task " < I know this wasn't aimed towards me, but just for your info ...

~ I don't have a prejudiced bone in my body ...
my post was just ~ food for thought..
I respect your comments ~ thank you for replying chameleonf & bcc !

" are you ignoring that most statue & blm protests are made up of white liberals "
no, I should have maybe stated that differently, I'm aware of that. I ment by " they " ( not just black people )
 deetristate
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/27/2017 11:42:20 AM
looking in the mirror is not a problem

are you ignoring that most statue and blm protests are made up of white liberals?

gto

try obrag.org

i am not able to cut and paste the link on my phone for some reason.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 1:45:58 PM
Canadians want to make believe that everything is great up yonder, but black folks aren't happy there by being disproportionately imprisoned.

Trump is doubling down. He is saying standing for the anthem should be a rule. When we are attending sports games, an announcement is made that they are going to sing the national anthem and people should be prepared to stand, for anyone that does not watch sports. Everyone stands.

I don't know if black folks are all aware about how cops treat white people. They're abusive to them also, but this is not said to be dismissive of their cause. My gf just won a court case involving a cop doing a traffic stop on her, then sexually assaulting her. I've personally been subjected to their misogyny and then the blue wall when you speak up. I know a cop that was stalking women after he went to calls to help them. He did get fired. At the same time, I have huge respect for good cops that put their lives on the line for us every day, and show up when you call them. Bad cops are a national problem. I don't believe protesting during the Anthem will do anything. I also think most problems that anyone has being of any color may be more easily solved on the local level with your local politicians and police, but do think it would help nationally to get them all to wear cameras.

White liberals are looking for a cause, for a reason to name call. I am not believing they actually believe in what they're arguing about, because when they talk about racism they always seem to say something racist.
 poppata
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:26:43 PM
" Everyone stands."

Don't believe much in the concept of freedom or liberty do you?
 from site to sight
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:33:02 PM
None of these symbolic protests by pro athletes would take place if Trump would say there might be a problem with the police using excessive force against blacks in many cases, and he will look into it. But instead, Trump did the opposite-he pardons a racist sheriff who used excessive force against anyone he didn't like, said there are good people on both sides, and both sides are to blame for the Charlottesville catastrophe, where a white supremacist murdered a protestor and injured many more. Trump is afraid to say anything that might offend his core group of voters who are racist white supremacist block heads. Would Trump say there are good people on both sides and both sides are to blame if the opposite happened-a protestor murdering a racist white supremacist?
 chameleonf
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:37:25 PM

Canadians want to make believe that everything is great up yonder, but black folks aren't happy there by being disproportionately imprisoned.

I don't believe I read that anywhere in this thread, or other posts by Canadians - that everything is great up here. It's true that blacks here can be targeted, however, your black population is far greater and the problem far larger. Not only do we have a problem with bad treatment from bad cops regarding blacks, it also rear's its ugly head with our indigenous population. As well, this thread isn't about Canada, but if you wish you can start one.

I don't know if black folks are all aware about how cops treat white people.

I'm not sure what is intended by this comment. Whether it's being dismissive of the problem or stating that because white people have a problem as well that, therefore, black people should just take their knocks and not make a stink about it. Perhaps those white people experiencing problems with cops should make a stand - pick a venue, whether local or national. The squeaky wheel generally gets the oil, which the kneel is obviously doing again (thanks to Trump and his incessant big mouth more than anything).

As for Trump doubling down about making a rule where everyone should stand at a sports game, that's a rather dictatorial stance, especially for a country who values their democracy and free speech so much and "supposedly" that of other countries. One would think he would be more interested in making a rule about psychological profiling and training for police forces nation wide, rather than a rule about standing for a song that I can guarantee he doesn't even know all the words to himself.

White liberals are looking for a cause, for a reason to name call. I am not believing they actually believe in what they're arguing about, because when they talk about racism they always seem to say something racist.

I know, hey...difficult for you to believe that people actually have empathy for others and believe right is right and wrong is wrong. After all, the women's rights that you now enjoy and take for granted were won strictly by women and not others standing up with them as well...right?

vvv True, I accept you pointing that out.
 Kj521
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:45:24 PM
"As for Trump doubling down about making a rule where everyone should stand at a sports game, that's a rather dictatorial stance, especially for a country who values their democracy"

Trump said the NFL should make a rule.....big difference from what you stated.

Stating an opinion is not dictatorial.
 cobster11030
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/27/2017 3:00:35 PM
Well said, Newyorker.

If they would of known you were going to make such a sensible post, your thread would of been deleted in 24 hours.
Much like the NFL, they are exposing themselves for who they are.

As I heard last night on the radio, on Veteran's Day, we put out the American flag...on 4th of July we put out the flag, on Memorial Day we put out the flag.. When somebody who was in the military dies, the flag is draped over their caskett.
The way it used to be and still is in most wars,is when our soldiers take over and area, we put our flag down.
America is the greatest country this world has ever seen. There is no greater symbol of our country than the American flag. Black folks have prospered here more than any other country in this world. Thousands upon thousands of people have died to keep it free..

IT's not about President Trump. It's about having respect and pride in your country. It's about having respect and pride for a country that has given all of us such a good life.
Have some pride...have some respect. IF the leader of the United States can't talk about having pride in the country, what good is he??

You need to get off the racism crap. ITs as tiresome as your ugly picture.

2+2=4...that's racism.....
 N2U16
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/27/2017 3:36:04 PM
Liberals (Ptui Ptui), scourge of the earth, Politicize everything.

It’s like that Sci-fi flick set in the year 2050, Totalitarian Government, constant bombardment of Government Propaganda at every turn, yet we’re living it Today.

Interesting conversation about Systemic Racism and its only 8 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phPXTWJhnYM
 sun___flower
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Things that bug you
Posted: 9/27/2017 4:08:45 PM

Remember that pic Abelian used with the mickey mouse ears ? THAT used to bug me.

+1.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/27/2017 5:14:18 PM
#92 Cobster=Double ZERO

Much like the NFL, they are exposing themselves for who they are.

yeah, these are pple who have the constitutional RIGHT to express their views anyway they want!

As I heard last night on the radio, on Veteran's Day, we put out the American flag...on 4th of July we put out the flag, on Memorial Day we put out the flag.. When somebody who was in the military dies, the flag is draped over their caskett.

Your hero Trump is a 5 time draft evader !!!!
what respect did he have for the flag...when he dodged the draft at a time when they were sending men to Vietnam?
Do you know that there were 5 men (likely poor or middle class) who had to take his place in the draft?
how many of those men came back alive....we'll never know
and those that did not.... TRULY deserve to have a flag draped on their caskets

That Trump talks about "lack of respect" for the US...by taking the knee for the NA....is a Fkn JOKE !!!
when he himself has NO RESPECT for anything...except himself and his crooked family.

The only thing MORE pathetic than Trump's remarks....is that idiots LIKE YOU, stand behind him like a courageous leader...when he is in fact; nothing more than a sniveling coward...who should have been put in jail!

Black folks have prospered here more than any other country in this world.

sure, if you don't count 200 years of slavery...and another 100 years of Jim Crow (that ended in 1964...thanks to the Dems)...apart from that they did "just fine" all these centuries here in the USA!

Thousands upon thousands of people have died to keep it free

They didn't die...... so that crooks like him could enjoy the fruits of their sacrifice

It's about having respect and pride for a country that has given all of us such a good life.

so you think everybody living here has a "good life"?

IF the leader of the United States can't talk about having pride in the country, what good is he?

A real leader can talk the "talk"...but not a coward like Trump
As evil as Hitler turned out to be as a leader...at least he had the guts to put his ass on the line for his country as a young man!
 deetristate
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/27/2017 5:55:11 PM
While "snowflake" is the correct term for the "waa! waa! waa! Hillary didn't win and Trump can't breathe without complaint" crowd.
Now it also seems the appropriate term for others as well--

Grown people who are upset about people not standing for the national anthem to the point where they throw away season tickets for which they paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Really?

Not engaging in an activity they enjoy.
Punishing themselves.
(and encouragement by the original football haters, i.e., people who never like football anyway, to do so.)

I find it sad.

At the same time, I think that if Kaepernick had done it once, it would have made a statement and that would be that.

To continue is working against them.

It is as useful as the tweets about the missing girls continuing beyond getting in the news.

I still find that people punishing themselves and boycotting games and so, so, so upset because someone is kneeling is sort of .... feeble.
And sad.

And all coaches should say "No comment."

As we are stretching things here by blaming Trump for action that began long ago combined with "what ifs," and other fantasies about what would end this,
I imagine that had a team hired Kaepernick, none of this would be occurring now, eh?
As we are into creative writing. . .,
 cobster11030
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/27/2017 6:44:57 PM
Yes, America is the greatest country this world has ever seen.

I don't know how the United States is going to be able to survive though.
No matter what is talked about, it comes back to...yeah, but what about diversity....that's racism...
We are $20 trillion in debt...and all people want to talk about is racism, diversity, and making sure abortion is legal and receives public funding. WE have states that have been reduced to junk bond status, and all you hear is...but what about diversity??? We have to get those statues down, that's racism. What's wrong with islam in western civilization. You are a hypocritical Christian and backstabbing racist....

That's not going to save a country. \

The guys in the NFL have become millionaires playing a sport. They get into schools other people don't because they play a sport...they have had everything given to them...and they are still crying racism. Why don't they stop the black on black murders. THat would make a much bigger difference than the few bad apples who happen to kill black people people while at work. White people are victims too.
What about black on white crime??
The NFL just needs to go away., IT's nauseating even to think about. Looking at their ratings, apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way.

The American flag is a symbol of pride. It's a symbol of respect. It is the sign for the greatest country this world has ever seen.
 deetristate
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/27/2017 7:16:55 PM
While I don't agree with this:

"""I don't know how the United States is going to be able to survive though."""

(We have three branches of government and the power to vote. And the right to bear arms (I have lived in a few countries that did not and it makes a huge difference.)

BUT

I DO agree with this:

""""""No matter what is talked about, it comes back to...yeah, but what about diversity....that's racism...
We are $20 trillion in debt...and all people want to talk about is racism, diversity, and making sure abortion is legal and receives public funding. WE have states that have been reduced to junk bond status, and all you hear is...but what about diversity??? We have to get those statues down, that's racism. What's wrong with islam in western civilization. You are a hypocritical Christian and backstabbing racist....

That's not going to save a country. """""

We do need to get beyond this.
You know that quotation about "First, kill all the lawyers?"

It seems the the media, in all of its forms, are the problem now.
Lawyers puppies by comparison.

Do people really run their lives and opinions (and "hurt feelings") by Twitter and Facebook?
Really?

If so, wait. I have to rethink the first sentence here. . .

Yule_liquor
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/27/2017 8:32:05 PM
^

It seems the the media, in all of its forms, are the problem now.

yah...lets get rid of the free media...they are the problem...not the crooked politicians they are exposing!

who is next on the chopping block...the "liberals"...the "socialists"....then who?
ahhh the boogie man of the 21st century...........the Muslims....or is it the Mexicans
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/28/2017 12:28:40 AM

Pig, I would be shocked if Joe tried to delete your post.

I was referring to voting to have a thread deleted, not my post. I have no idea how one would even go about having a single post deleted, actually. I've never been enough of a tattle-tale to care enough to find out.

Instead he's the type who tries to prove how clever he is

And fails miserably.

sometimes by saying things that are nonsensical and meaningless and than calling a person a fuktard for not understanding what he says.

Lonely, bored, crotchety f*cks tend to do this. What else are they going to do with themselves?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem