Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1051
view profile
History
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthemPage 43 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
I remember there was a meme on facebook showing people hanging out on
their couches with hats on and beers and nachos on the table...while the
national anthem was playing before a game. I'm pretty sure that's how most
people behave inside their homes when they hear it.

No one is protesting the anthem or the flag. They are bringing attention to
injustice and blatant hypocrisy. Anyone who is familiar with the history of
the anthem and knows more than just the famous 3 verses knows it's basically
bullshit anyway.

Talk about being off your meds.
I'm not on meds myself, but I feel like there must be a cart someone near
the entrance to these threads and either people are not partaking or they
are over medicating.
 Rumours
Msg: 1052
Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 8/28/2018 12:13:28 PM

You know what?...Because of the language you all Canadian woman use here in American political's, you should be banned from AMERICAN politic thread....
You are NOT american citizen.. SHE IS.!!!
she can and must express her first amendment right.!
YOU have no right to use that low class language with her Who is an AMERICAN ...
You need to go take care Of your CANADIAN Politics where you belong to.!

Shuddup….another dingbat!

Just so you know....If I am removed/deleted or I might just go on my own... I could give a $hit.
 tatatatatlol
Msg: 1053
Posted: 8/28/2018 3:09:46 PM

Maybe you missed Kimmel crying, literally crying.

NY... maybe you never got this...but there are men who actually deeply care about what is going on. Not all of them are as sensitive as Kimmel...but he is a winner in all respects... Compare him to your mentally ill hero who has no capacity to feel anything for anyone because he is barely human.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 1054
Posted: 8/28/2018 4:58:38 PM

You Fox News watchers are utterly lost...and so easily manipulated. Sad.

I watch Fox?
That's news to me.
And by virtue of your assumption, you are a piece of everything that's wrong with the universe.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1055
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2018 6:12:56 PM
Several years back one of my co-workers had the conservative talk radio station blasting in the next room. I heard Sean Hannity spend his entire time slot - (2 hours?) ranting about Hilary Clinton not stopping for Pie at a traditional campaign stop - some rural restaurant in Iowa or Michigan somewhere that has a claim to fame for candidates stopping in. The whole damn show. Wailing and lamenting and lambasting Hilary for not stopping for Pie. Half the callers into the show were trying to ask why Pie was so important, and he interrupted, insulted, and hung up on them. Never mind that half the rest of the candidates out there skipped the stop as well. It was laughable.

If you want to categorize liberals as 'crybabies' over topics you don't consider important - I gotta ask - why the hell is 'Pie' so damned significant?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1056
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2018 1:41:55 PM
Thank you, April. If Canadians want to hate, there's certainly a lot going on in Canada and with their PM to not get concerned over our great president. I think they secretly wish they had someone like Trump to fight for their interests.

A bit O/T, but to follow up on using the media like Kimmel did, actually using his child, to communicate hate for Trump, senator Elizabeth Warren had the audacity to talk negatively about Trump's zero tolerance policy and make a comment while addressing Molly Tibbetts being stalked and viciously murdered by an "undocumented immigrant". What a cold-hearted statement:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) weighed in on Mollie Tibbetts, an Iowa girl murdered by an illegal immigrant, in an interview Wednesday. Warren gave her sympathies to the family but quickly changed the subject to the broader immigration reform. The Senator said she was "so sorry" for the family, but they "need" to "focus" on where the "real problems are" in the immigration system, such as the child separation policy at the border.
 mgotd
Msg: 1057
Posted: 8/29/2018 3:47:21 PM
^^^ you do know immigrants are less likely to commit crimes of violence than Americans on a percentage basis? If you want to stop crimes...stop people from having babies..than they can't grow up into criminals.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 1058
Posted: 8/29/2018 3:50:16 PM

^^^^^Ya know....You really are a stupid BI TCH!!

Lovely.
I saw the way Kimmel used his crocodile tears to bash Trump and elevate the miserably failing obamacare.
NYer is 100% correct.
I guess biach slapping by you pos is strictly personal and policy oriented and not rooted in anything resembling truth.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1059
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2018 4:13:39 PM
To address it not being scripted, it certainly was. Kimmel was given a certain amount of time to wail, and that's what it is when you use your sick child for your own agenda. When I first heard his soliloquy, even though I don't care for him, I thought poor guy, that's one very sick baby he has. Then when he brought in politics, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. But, that's the entertainment industry, full of people feeling self-important, thinking the world revolves around them, because they're well-practiced at crying on cue and being fake.
 Rumours
Msg: 1060
Posted: 8/29/2018 4:26:23 PM
Nope...You both are still missing the point.
^^Still a stupid B.

What did the unemployed man-child that's living in his parent's basement say? I know he had a lot of negative things to say about you. Are you one of his menopausal groupies now? If so, spread your legs and give men what they want, was his mantra, but don't worry, because he would never have sex with you.

Such a lady....I am beginning to think you may be a guy.
Who talks like that?? You and BA? Hhhmmmm
 trinity818
Msg: 1061
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2018 5:15:16 PM

If you want to categorize liberals as 'crybabies' over topics you don't consider important - I gotta ask - why the hell is 'Pie' so damned significant?

browneyesboo
Msg: 1062
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 11:03:47 AM

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) weighed in on Mollie Tibbetts, an Iowa girl murdered by an illegal immigrant, in an interview Wednesday. Warren gave her sympathies to the family but quickly changed the subject to the broader immigration reform. The Senator said she was "so sorry" for the family, but they "need" to "focus" on where the "real problems are" in the immigration system, such as the child separation policy at the border.

It's funny with all the mass shootings, it's never appropriate to bring up gun ownership or the need to strengthen the laws, it's
not the time, we must think of the families, thoughts and prayers, etc. We don't do anything when a white person goes apeshit
and kills a bunch of people.

But ONE incident involving an immigrant killing a woman because she said NO and now we need to talk about the wall.
Mollie's family is totally disgusted with how her death is being used...and has spoken out against it. Of course Warren wanted to
talk about what the real problems are...what about the children separated at the border? What about upholding the laws already in place regarding immigrants? Not your children, not your problem apparently.

It's picking and choosing political version.

More bullshit.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1063
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 11:56:40 AM
Gun ownership is a right. Illegally coming into this country is not a right. Why do democrats stand behind lawlessness? Why didn't they care when obama deported more people than any other president AND he separated families? So this is fake outrage now.

Yeah, Boo, not a big deal that this girl was killed by an illegal. She was permanently separated from her family, even though she was committing no crime. She isn't the only woman to be killed by illegals, but I have to wonder how many women have to be killed for it to count? What about rape and the drugs and guns that come in? No problem with guns that Mexicans bring in? Interesting.

Women are routinely raped by Mexicans as they try to illegally enter the US. Thankfully, those Mexicans are in Mexico.
 Rumours
Msg: 1064
Posted: 8/30/2018 12:06:02 PM
Even her family says...Shut up and quit politicizing their beloved daughters life/death.
So incredibly cruel.

Frack...You people are KooKoo!!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1065
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 1:26:35 PM
^^^^apparently since guns are legal...killing with them is also okei.
So rather than do something about guns...we need to talk about Mexicans
who rape people.

Guns legal...illegal immigration not legal.

*writes that down for future WTF's"
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1066
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 2:29:18 PM
With freedoms can sometimes come abuse.

Canadians can't have guns, yet they have gun violence, and it's increasing. Same goes for some European countries not allowing guns, yet have gun violence. Not everything is the cause of Mexicans, but illegals are contributors. Why allow that, like drug and gun smuggling?
 Forereels
Msg: 1067
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 4:59:47 PM

Canadians can't have guns

Yes we can, there are lots of guns in Canada...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1068
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 5:26:56 PM
I have a friend in B.C. that had said they can't have guns. Is it by province?

omgyaa
Msg: 1069
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 7:02:57 PM
No wonder you like Trump .. you both write your opinion as a statement of fact when clearly your ignorance of the topic is quite evident .
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 1070
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 7:38:32 PM
anonymoususer 2018 wrote:
If they still refuse to stand, fire their ass.
Not sure of the legalities of firing them, because they are all union, but I from what I know, which may not be much, the owners, I don't think, would just fire them. Simply because another team would probably pick them up. If teams will pick up a wife/GF beater because they're a good player that will improve their team - which happens - they will pick up a kneeler. So the owners will not fire them, even if they have the right. Kapernick's clearly being blackballed though, so it may be different because he's the main one - besides Trump - that caused them this headache.

If teams started firing or releasing kneelers, it would set up a spiral of teams appearing more and more "tolerant" in this issue, to sign these players and improve their team. Then we'd have the ridiculous possibility - admittedly a stretch - of a team improving so much this way that the NFL would have a team full of kneelers make the playoffs or the Super Bowl, under the brightest media spotlight out there. LOL......Again it is a stretch to imagine that, I think there are salary caps too, but releasing all these kneelers would trigger the "free market" for those players,....and of course "free markets" are what most billionaires remind us ad nauseum solves all problems...... when "the market" is in THEIR favor. But in this case the market would work AGAINST most of them (especially the most vocal like Jerry Jones), so they would like to abandon their hallowed free market and use force, edict, or use some type of intimidation in its place. Pretty typical of business elites.

We all remember when small-government conservatives in Missouri went to, yep, government they so hate, to try to get government edict to silence black U of Mizzou players' protest a few years ago. Boycotts are powerful and effective and they terrify not only the NFL owners, but ALL business elites...so they will move heaven and earth to assure they don't catch on.

otball I'll watch this season if I watch any football at all.
Even though I disagree with you, this is a position I can respect. You are a better man than I in this respect. I can't say I'm that strong, or that I am not a hypocrite on this matter. But I don't watch that many games anyways. Mainly an excuse to get out, sit on a barstool, look at women, and drink beer...but then again, this drives up beer sales, and thus the power of the NFL and the owners, so in effect I'm a hypocrite.
 Forereels
Msg: 1071
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 7:58:28 PM

I have a friend in B.C. that had said they can't have guns. Is it by province?

There are gun stores in every province. Our firearm codes , licensing and restrictions are pretty severe compared to the USA...
 BeckysNightmare
Msg: 1072
Posted: 9/2/2018 7:55:21 AM

Canadians can't have guns, yet they have gun violence, and it's increasing. Same goes for some European countries not allowing guns, yet have gun violence. Not everything is the cause of Mexicans, but illegals are contributors.

Serious question.

Are you really that stupid, or are you just a troll?
 POPPAPATAR
Msg: 1073
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:16:26 AM
Geezer frank....evening could fake it if I cared enough....but you can't help being you. Such a misfit....you and hopeless nutcase...two peas of a podseparated only by ideology.
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 1074
Posted: 9/4/2018 8:10:33 AM
Fans burn Nike apparel to protest Colin Kaepernick's new deal
The Sports Daily

Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick hasn’t played in a game since the 2016 season, but he just got paid in a big way. Kap was re-signed by Nike in the form of an endorsement deal, which turned out to be very lucrative. It’s reported to be a “star deal,” so he’ll be making millions of dollars, and will also get royalties on some of the apparel sales, just like current NFL stars get.

The news of the deal — which, interestingly enough, broke on the “news dump” known as Labor Day — shook up the Twitterverse. Some users showed support for Kap, while others proclaimed their disdain over the deal.
------------------
Is Trump going to have another meltdown in public or on Twitter, and go totally berserk when he hears about it, like he did when talking about football players kneeling? No doubt, he'll be sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, and will publicly vilify Nike, and probably call on his disciples to boycott their products.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 1075
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2018 8:50:35 AM
Ahem.

NY58 wrote;
Try jobless like Krapernick.

I replied:
Kaepernick is jobless as a football player. I imagine he could get a job pretty quickly somewhere else in the world of football, or activism.
See below.

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick will earn millions from his endorsement deal with Nike and have his own apparel line with the company, Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reported Monday.

The new Nike ad reads:
“Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”
Looks like they agree with SS4544Spd.

I wrote, awhile back:
I happen to think it's a pretty d*mn noble thing for some of these players, particularly Kaepernick, to sacrifice their cushy lifestyles and futures to help those in need of help, back in their neighborhoods.
Maybe I can send the Nike ad department a bill.

Guess the plantation owners are scrambling to figure out what to do next lol...

Yup, can't believe a U.S. multinational did something right for a change, and took the side of a left wing populist. Daymn. Just dayum. Still think it's risky and not sure it will ultimately work for them, considering I believe conventional corporate wisdom is to steer clear of ultra polarizing issues to maximize sales revenue.

Ya, I'm sure the right wingers will have their Nike version of "Disco Demolition Day," outside NFL stadiums...lol...

Trump will probably threaten to stick a tariff on their products.....Too bad I don't like Nike shoes, lol..
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem