Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > POF is bottom of the barrel      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 saintclara
Msg: 51
POF is bottom of the barrelPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The best way forward is to arm yourself in dating with STD kit ,detergent ,DNA sample kit, criminal background checks and so on ! Also lie detector equipment ,better to be safe than sorry:~)
 spot4username
Msg: 52
view profile
History
POF is bottom of the barrel
Posted: 12/18/2017 5:24:44 PM

Newsflash - Look in the mirror. The hypocrisy abounds.

I am convinced that some people must have special mirrors. It is more than hypocrisy that is abundance.
 alpha__waves
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/19/2017 9:22:48 AM
Have you thought about taking the ten seconds it takes to rotate your picture 90 degrees? Maybe write SOMETHING about yourself.

The British are getting as lazy as us Americans. Good job.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2017 12:28:51 PM

I am convinced that some people must have special mirrors. It is more than hypocrisy that is abundance.

Oh, yes. There's mirrors that people really like that makes one taller & skinner than IRL. :) For some reason, my (non-bathroom) mirrors do kind of the opposite. Wait -- THAT's why there's anorexic people! Bingo! Their mirror's giving them the wrong impression! Found the reason! (patting self on back)
 saintclara
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/22/2017 6:44:59 PM
Bottom of the barrel isn't describing it in the true definition it's more like waking up and finding yourself surrounded by criminally insane but with no security to fend off the jailbait:) Im washing my hair if I get asked out! I think dudes using dating sites are violent criminal thugs that want to take their aggression out on nice sweet women whose only crime would be to turn up and entertain such deranged sociopaths:)Its true when they say all the normal dudes are taken :)The only comfort is dudes complaining they never get replies so they lose out on their evil plans:)we are wise up to this violent dysfunctional sex:)
 alpha__waves
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/23/2017 9:13:14 PM
OP who combs her hair with a book still can't figure out how to rotate her pic, ha ha.
 NCsc85
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2018 7:05:32 PM
If you think the pool of men on here is bad then feel free to do a search of the women on here. Most of the profiles are fake and or scammers. POF could easily solve this issue by requiring email verification and/or linking a social media site like Bumble does.
 Cynderella
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2018 3:38:30 PM
^^^Damn my plot has been discovered.

Mirror Mirror on the wall

^^^Damn you lying mirror....I'm still 29
 forumslady
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/4/2018 7:23:06 PM
Cynderella- "I believe location can be a factor...
I know here in Canada winter
is a bad time to date....too cold.
*I think I'm moving south! "

Don't, not right now. I'm about as far South as you can get. It's freezing here right now. Bitterly cold, with steady winds.

It actually snowed here a few weeks ago and there is talk it might snow again soon, snow is VERY rare here, we are not only in the deep south, but on the water.

I swear, you would get a kick out of how people down here act when it snows. Schools close, a lot of businesses do too. The stores sell out of TP, milk and bread. The roads only have people on them that have NO choice about getting out.

People freakin' loose their minds, it pretty hilarious. :D
 cooldog65
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2018 7:27:15 PM

OP who combs her hair with a book still can't figure out how to rotate her pic, ha ha.

Cynderella...Stay on the West Coast if you want to move south.
 Nestaron
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/5/2018 12:56:36 AM
Well if it makes you feel any better went for a coffee meet tonight it's minus 26 degrees out.
 Cynderella
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2018 3:19:36 AM

Cynderella- "I believe location can be a factor...
I know here in Canada winter
is a bad time to date....too cold.
*I think I'm moving south! "

Don't, not right now. I'm about as far South as you can get. It's freezing here right now. Bitterly cold, with steady winds.

It actually snowed here a few weeks ago and there is talk it might snow again soon, snow is VERY rare here, we are not only in the deep south, but on the water.

I swear, you would get a kick out of how people down here act when it snows. Schools close, a lot of businesses do too. The stores sell out of TP, milk and bread. The roads only have people on them that have NO choice about getting out.

People freakin' loose their minds, it pretty hilarious. :D

I know how crazy it is....
When I moved from Vancouver to Revelstoke, the first snow fall I call everyone "it's a snow day"
I got WTF are you talking about? School only shuts down after 20 feet have fell.
When I moved to Penticton I call everyone, "I bought my first snow shovel, it's a broom.
Well be damned it has snowed about a foot and my broom flew south without me!
My plan is to go south!

Cynderella...Stay on the West Coast if you want to move south.

I kinda wish Florida but California is up there too :)

Well if it makes you feel any better went for a coffee meet tonight it's minus 26 degrees out.

We are getting close to that with the wind chill factor.

I need to grow wings.
 9Pluto
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2018 7:38:31 PM

I kinda wish Florida but California is up there too :)

Every night this week has been at or below 0°C (~32°F) here on the Sunshine State's northern coast, a couple of days had a high about 2-3°C (~37°F), and in the warm parts of Southern Florida frozen iguanas are falling out of trees and people are told not to assume they are dead, but they might be ...

This is not my Florida

And to think I was swimming in the ocean in Miami last week (water temperature 25°C air temp 28°C)

THEMFNMAN
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 1:56:26 PM
Leanne, you may be a good person, a nice person, but I have to be candidly honest with you and tell you what 99% of women today really need to be told but nobody has the honesty level to say it anymore:

Looks-wise you are a total plain jane, I'd say about a low 4 on a 10 scale. You are not ugly, but you are not going to turn any heads. So your only hope is to lower your standards more (I know you say they're low, but I bet they're not as low as you think). I'd start with guys under 6 feet as that level is pretty much cut off to you besides a guy on that level using you for a pump and dump and you don't want that. I'd also look for guys 40-50 and over as guys your age and above your attractiveness level are going to go after hotter women.

Finally, If I were you I'd give some of these guys messaging you a chance. Since you're a low 4 I have to believe that most of the guys messaging you are at least a low 4 or better. I know women always want to date up (hypergamy), but at some point realism has to set in if you don't desire to die alone.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the best advice you'll probably ever get.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 2:57:09 PM

Due to not having a social life

Can't imagine why the hot guys haven't called...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 3:43:54 PM
Jaysus, I thought THEMFNMAN was talking to me.
I'm still having heart palpitations.

I appreciate the honesty, but gads.
That was harsh.

Nothing wrong with being a "plain jane."
Most of the population is plain and or ordinary.
It's what we do with what we've got that makes
us shine.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 4:12:07 PM

I agree. He was harsh, but he placed her where she's at. Her profile pic almost is almost revealing that she Wants to be Plain Jane, as that's it's motif. His concept was -- know where you stand on attractiveness, and don't aim too high. Otherwise, you'll get frustrated.
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/6/2018 4:13:58 PM
With only one face pic and not seeing Leanne in person, it's really hard to access her attractiveness. However, with no make-up, the majority of women would appear to be a plain Jane. She's attractive to me. I bet, if you put some great make-up artist and hairstylists on her, THEMFNMAN probably wouldn't even be able to speak to her. Who knows what's going on below the neck?
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/6/2018 4:27:45 PM
Have you ever watched America's next top model?

The girls start out pretty much like OP, good bone structure, skin, eyes & OP has lovely full lips. She has beautiful hair too, just unstyled.

Tyra would put 3 Cover Girl Products on her, thread her brows, & have her hair set maybe w/ a little faux stuff added in for volume.

In 10 mins or less OP could easily be on the cover of Vogue or Elle she has all the right raw material. .

"THERE ARE NO UGLY WOMEN IN THE WORLD, JUST LAZY ONES' ~ COCO CHANEL

edit to add:
"That was harsh.

us shine." ~ Boo

you basically said what Coco said as well!

edit to add #2

Nyeahsers:

"With only one face pic and not seeing Leanne in person, it's really hard to access her attractiveness."

With no pic at all, & not seeing you in person hard to access your attractiveness!
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/6/2018 4:50:18 PM
"With no pic at all, & not seeing you in person hard to access your attractiveness!"

Are you flirting with me?
 siisaa
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/6/2018 5:04:04 PM

us shine.

Agreed, but don't keep looking like a Plain Jane and expect Prince Charming to fall at your feet. I know that if I want to meet someone, I'm going to put my best foot forward i.e. contacts, minimal makeup and a cute outfit. That's all it takes for the majority of us.

know where you stand on attractiveness, and don't aim too high. Otherwise, you'll get frustrated.

Yup. If I wanted to look like Plain Jane, I can easily do that with glasses, no makeup and sweats but I'm not going to portray the latter if I want to get a date with someone I find attractive.

msg. 72: That's one of my favorite quotes! Funny what a little bit of effort will do. I also agree with msg. 67, although it's what the majority of women DON'T want to hear.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 5:40:20 PM
I can't imagine under what circumstance it's okei to tell anyone they are unattractive or plain and should lower their standards. No woman or man for that matter "needs" to hear it.

Nothing like being judged by average people and found wanting.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/6/2018 6:14:10 PM

I can't imagine under what circumstance it's okei to tell anyone they are unattractive or plain and should lower their standards. No woman or man for that matter "needs" to hear it.

Nothing like being judged by average people and found wanting.

Agree w/ Boo, Siissa & Coco

I do think OP is a pretty gal & can be on the cover of any high fashion mag in 10 minutes.

I almost suspect she will come back & show us her portfolio shot & have a good chuckle at some of the comments in here.
 siisaa
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/6/2018 7:11:42 PM

Some folks could use a swift reality check, especially ones who bemoan the entire gender they're attracted to are "bottom of the barrel", "undesirables", "degenerates", etc., etc.....it's like, "have YOU done any self-reflecting lately? Inside AND out!?!"

OP does have some nice features but appears to put forth no effort with her appearance & profile. Then, has the nerve to generalize the entire site as trash.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/7/2018 6:30:33 AM
Siisaa: "bemoan the entire gender they're attracted to"
AGREED!

I am noticing in many threads both males & females sounding VERY hateful towards the opposite sex.

Why even TRY to date if they are so filled w/ venom?

If a person met a good match, that anger/hate/bitterness would turn the potential match off.

Doesn't matter what the person's height or income is either!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > POF is bottom of the barrel