Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > POF is bottom of the barrel      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 73
POF is bottom of the barrelPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I can't imagine under what circumstance it's okei to tell anyone they are unattractive or plain and should lower their standards. No woman or man for that matter "needs" to hear it.

Nothing like being judged by average people and found wanting.

Agree w/ Boo, Siissa & Coco

I do think OP is a pretty gal & can be on the cover of any high fashion mag in 10 minutes.

I almost suspect she will come back & show us her portfolio shot & have a good chuckle at some of the comments in here.
 siisaa
Msg: 74
POF is bottom of the barrel
Posted: 2/6/2018 7:11:42 PM

I can't imagine under what circumstance it's okei to tell anyone they are unattractive or plain and should lower their standards. No woman or man for that matter "needs" to hear it.

Some folks could use a swift reality check, especially ones who bemoan the entire gender they're attracted to are "bottom of the barrel", "undesirables", "degenerates", etc., etc.....it's like, "have YOU done any self-reflecting lately? Inside AND out!?!"

OP does have some nice features but appears to put forth no effort with her appearance & profile. Then, has the nerve to generalize the entire site as trash.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/7/2018 6:30:33 AM
Siisaa: "bemoan the entire gender they're attracted to"
AGREED!

I am noticing in many threads both males & females sounding VERY hateful towards the opposite sex.

Why even TRY to date if they are so filled w/ venom?

If a person met a good match, that anger/hate/bitterness would turn the potential match off.

Doesn't matter what the person's height or income is either!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/7/2018 1:35:38 PM

Doesn't matter what the person's height or income is either!

LOL Now wait a sec here, PBA. How could you forget................."Who pays"
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/7/2018 1:41:35 PM

How could you forget................."Who pays"

A 5ft 7 man on a 50K a year income buying lunch at Fridays who is a nice guy is JUST AS GOOD as the 150K a year 6ft 3 nice guy buying surf & turf at some upscale place.

It's just economics ;0D

There are good people where ever we go, but if we keep the focus on those who are not a match,things won't go well :0(
 ohenryx
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2018 2:14:44 PM

Blonde_Angel
A 5ft 7 man on a 50K a year income buying lunch at Fridays who is a nice guy is JUST AS GOOD as the 150K a year 6ft 3 nice guy buying surf & turf at some upscale place.

Says who? In the real world, this is simply not true, and you know it isn’t true.

The former man might be “good enough”, but there is simply no way that he is “JUST AS GOOD”. Life doesn’t work that way.

Next you’re going to tell me that the woman who is rail thin and has mousy hair as short as mine is JUST AS GOOD as the woman with a 36-24-36 figure and blonde hair down to her butt. You can go peddle that somewhere else, it isn’t going to fly here.

Or, as Jack Nicholson so famously said, “Sell crazy somewhere else. We’re all stocked up here.”
 Dinno76
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/7/2018 5:08:40 PM
Most women would prefer the man that is 6ft 3 making over 150k a year than the shorter poorer man.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/7/2018 7:28:30 PM

In the real world

Your world is yours & yours alone.

How has it been working for you?

Most women would prefer the man that is 6ft 3 making over 150k a year than the shorter poorer man

If all things were equal & she was given the choice, but the average man isn't making 150K & the average woman is not being pursued by him.

And how is your love life? Your posts generally sound defeatist, Dinno, & while you may be a real nice man I wouldn't take advice from you any more than I'd want to take advice from OHenry, bec. he has been on here how long w/ no long term relationships....he may get plenty of action, but it doesn't seem to last (sorry)

BuT I do respect your opinions & the fact that you post them here etc.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2018 8:02:15 PM

I am noticing in many threads both males & females sounding VERY hateful towards the opposite sex.

It's kill or be killed -- the POF Forum way. ;)

Why even TRY to date if they are so filled w/ venom?

Well, if people are trying to actually Date via the forums -- that'd be barking up the wrong tree. Even in big-big cities, as it's not 2007 anymore -- there's so very few folks around.

How could you forget................."Who pays"

Uh oh!

Just as good for being A FRIEND? :) It doesn't sound economically even, so I don't know where economic equality factors into this. Unless of course, said gal blows them out of the water (financially), so it didn't matter if he made little or a lot, as long as he was an independent guy. Obviously that wasn't the implication - lol.

To say he's on the same level of being a friend -- or to having the same personality qualities, I 100% agree. There's nothing implicating otherwise. But unless the gal is notably short -- looks (via height in your example), money, and experience (via choice of places) -- raise dating stock... if said test-subject of a gal is juggling both in the same time-frame. That's just a fact, of course. Doesn't mean other factors couldn't make either guy better or worse, but considering all other things being equal -- doing-well 6'3" guy going to loving-entertaining places is going to easily have a leg up on the dating circuit over girls.

Says who? In the real world, this is simply not true, and you know it isn’t true.

I agree. And not just in the real world in-general, but also amongst many who purport it... whether it be a big brother or an aunt. We'd all Like to believe that, sure, but it's simply not true at all. Much like many will love to say "Oh, I wouldn't date Brad Pitt. He's not attractive to me," when in reality -- a massive drop would actually follow-thru on that IRL.

Your world is yours & yours alone.

How has it been working for you?

We're all observing the same world, more or less... when it comes to super-basics like that. Our perceptions can be different, sure. So I guess the challenge is: Is one's perception off, in various common places here in US/CAN, that both guys are on equal footing in the dating scene?

If all things were equal & she was given the choice, but the average man isn't making 150K & the average woman is not being pursued by him.

Okay, we're not Too too far off then, but I totally disagree with your "exception". The average looking woman certainly can and is pursued by men making $150k. It's not super-rich, nor even rich, where a guy who's not-grand in looks making $150k will not just sometimes but almost-Always "step past" an average looking gal who's a school teacher. Come awn. :)
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/7/2018 9:14:11 PM

raise dating stock

PUA talk

Most people (that I know) don't roll that way.

The average looking woman certainly can and is pursued by men making $150k.

Are you drinking drano?
 julystorm7
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/19/2018 5:39:30 PM
I think the problem is that peoples' pics don't often do them justice, especially if they are overweight and we tend to judge a person by a bad pic. I try to give many the benefit of the doubt though and if they message me I will give them a chance.

I am overweight (216 lbs) and a single mom with 3 kids so I usually don't message guys first but if they message me I tend to give them a chance even if their pics aren't great. That being said, I have gone on a lot of first dates or meet-ups, hoping they have great personalities or I feel a connection and have been always disappointed. I'm actually going to take a break for a few months I think because I'm getting to that point of getting fed up. I live in a rural area with less nearby prospects and generally what I've found is that anyone worthwhile gets snapped up quick and what's left are guys only on pof for hookups or guys who are trying to get girls way above their league. The last several times I've gone on pof I've had it open for a few hours and almost no guys other than hookup guys message me or guys that I'm not interested in whatsoever.

This really feels like high school and university all over again. I was actually okay-looking then, athletic and fun but I was constantly friend-zoned. I was always a tomboy, never wore makeup and girly clothes, which may have had something to do with it. I was always getting guys that I wasn't interested in pursuing me while the guys I liked always got with my friends. I just hope that one day, I'll finally find someone on here, There's plenty of fish in the sea and maybe eventually one that I like will bite my hook.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/19/2018 7:03:38 PM
^^^

go to profile review
 RedPandaRadar
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/28/2018 12:25:03 PM
Edit Profile>Upload Images>hit the pencil next to the image>rotate right
 Tech30
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2018 8:19:49 PM
I find the same. I dont find many women on POF interesting. Most cant hold a conversation . Too many single mothers with high school educations.

Most of my dates come from other sites. I was on a great date last night with a woman from another site who has a good job, well travelled, non materialistic, no kids, no ex husbands, and talks about interesting things, not what the kardashians are up to.
 Belleatrix
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2018 8:28:09 PM

Most women would prefer the man that is 6ft 3 making over 150k a year than the shorter poorer man.

My two longest relationships were with individuals you described, lol.

What do you get with someone who is tall (in comparison to me), and make a good salary? No f*cking financial struggle, no wondering if you can afford to do whatever you want to do. They were not concerned with the fact that I don't cook, cleaning is not one of favorite activities.....they were more interested in other things: my level of education, my earning potential (as I am very marketable), child-free, intelligence, character, integrity, etc.

What else? well, they were with me because they wanted to, not because they needed to. They could essentially be with whomever they want, they were both handsome, charming, generous, could cook for themselves and on occasion cooking for me, and would either maintain their home or pay someone to do it for them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > POF is bottom of the barrel