Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Transgendered Woman Appearing in Search Results      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 basilisk123
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Transgendered Woman Appearing in Search ResultsPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"As to telling me to expose myself to the LGBT community - i was a founding member in my city. I've been involved in LGB rights since I was a child - you really have no idea how heavily I have been involved and WHY that exposure actually led me to this position." -madameboisseau

So you support LGB rights, but not Transgender rights? That is where you are drawing the line, or did you just forget to put a T on the end? Are you saying that lesbians, gays, and bisexuals are acceptable, but the moment someone comes around that blurs the line between male and female, it is too much for you to handle?

I am all for women fighting to be equal to men. That is something to be proud of. I don't know about the women's suffrage movement or the women's liberation movements that well, so I will take your word for it. However, I don't think transgender women are out to attack little girls using the restroom, as you seem to be implying. For all intents and purposes, transgender females are female brains born into the bodies of men IMHO. That might be the difference between our opinions on this matter. Some people see gender as binary (male or female), while others see it as a spectrum.

How do you feel about transgender males? How do you feel about their rights? Do they have the right to use the male restroom when they want? Are they going to attack the little boys that go to the restroom?

From what I have been reading, gender identity starts being realized around age 4, before sexual orientation is realized at puberty. This gives credence of the fact that female brains can be born into the bodies of men, or male brains being born into the bodies of women IMO. I posted links about this earlier in this thread.

I also have a connection to the LGBT community. My brother is a transgender male, and I am extremely proud of him. He has fought for his entire life to be respected and accepted, even by his own family. It is through him that I understand what I do, and I had to work hard to do that.

Also please cite these studies that you are writing about. I would really like to read them.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 77
Transgendered Woman Appearing in Search Results
Posted: 4/9/2018 10:02:29 AM

I'd tell him to dress and present himself however he wants, but I'd also remind him that acting out stereotypes women fought against doesn't make him actually a woman - and that he has a social obligation to never put his desire to act out female stereotypes above the rights of real women.

Feminism shouldn’t be misunderstood as a male vs female war because some women are happy with those stereotypes and don’t want anything to do with feminism. On the other hand there are men who actually support feminism. These days a lot of women only want equality when it benefits them. They want to blame somebody for the lack of chivalry in men these days and men not paying for dates. If their looking for something to blame, they should blame the feminists who wanted women to be independent. Chivalry assumes women are weak and need to be protected by men. If you ask me, not everything is better about being a man. We get rejected more often than women, are portrayed as idiotic buffoons by the media, and seen as weak if we express our emotions.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/15/2018 1:02:53 PM

So you support LGB rights, but not Transgender rights? That is where you are drawing the line, or did you just forget to put a T on the end?

I support people's plight so long as their agenda doesn't harm others. The reality is: the transgender issue DOES harm others. It has caused extreme harm to women by trotting out old tropes that enforce sexism and attacks women's rights. It also harms the lesbian and gay community which is WHY there is so much infighting among the community. The "trans" community was primarily homosexuals playing with gender as a result of a living in a homophobic society. But autogynephilliac men into cross dressing hijacked many of the communities to use a battering room into female spaces and enforcing classic gender stereotypes.

Lets do a simple analysis of the transgender issue:
Its a common phenomena in the LGBT community where males who "become" women go to lesbians and tell them they MUST have sex with their "lady" penises. When the lesbian says no, she doesn't sleep with males, she is lambasted for refusing to acknowledge men can be women. Countless gay men and women have been forced by societal pressure to engage in heterosexual acts they did not want due to the trans community. This IS "gay conversion" therapy. Whats the difference between this and corrective rape grooming?

Many gay men and women are being told they aren't REALLY homosexual, they are just trans - so the solution to the gay male isn't to embrace his love for fellow males - he is goaded into transforming into a "female" so he can engage in "non shameful" hetero sex.

I lived in the middle east a LONG time - the transgender issue is used to make homosexuals "straight" and compliant with gender roles. Around the world and through many eras we find the more transgenderism is accepted, homosexual and women's rights actually decrease. And thats because transgenderism is ultimately based on a lie of a brain sex and the faith of gender roles. There is no brain sex, and gender is a societal creation. For the same reasons why I am an atheist and oppose allowing religious people to grab the levers of power because their ideology will ultimately harm more people than it hurts because its based on a falsehood, I also oppose transgenders grabbing levers of power because their ideology is false and harms people
 basilisk123
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2018 3:56:52 PM
"I support people's plight so long as their agenda doesn't harm others. The reality is: the transgender issue DOES harm others. It has caused extreme harm to women by trotting out old tropes that enforce sexism and attacks women's rights. It also harms the lesbian and gay community which is WHY there is so much infighting among the community. The "trans" community was primarily homosexuals playing with gender as a result of a living in a homophobic society. But autogynephilliac men into cross dressing hijacked many of the communities to use a battering room into female spaces and enforcing classic gender stereotypes." -madameboisseau

autogynephilliac? Well that is a $15 word if I ever heard one. I even had to look that one up. You still haven't answered me about transgender males? Do they deserve the same treatment? So far you are, men this and men that. Are you not devolving your own argument by only focusing on males doing wrong, and totally ignoring females that are part of the trans community? Is that your blind spot? The fact that a woman can do bad things and be wrong. This is reality. Woman can be wrong. They can do bad things, and they are not victims that need protecting from some evil villain. Women are strong, courageous, beautiful people, just as much as men are.

"Lets do a simple analysis of the transgender issue:
Its a common phenomena in the LGBT community where males who "become" women go to lesbians and tell them they MUST have sex with their "lady" penises. When the lesbian says no, she doesn't sleep with males, she is lambasted for refusing to acknowledge men can be women. Countless gay men and women have been forced by societal pressure to engage in heterosexual acts they did not want due to the trans community. This IS "gay conversion" therapy. Whats the difference between this and corrective rape grooming?"-madameboisseau

I seriously lol'ed. I don't know if you are joking, or if you seriously believe this garbage. That statement belongs more to bible thumpers in white sheets waving confederate flags. It is beneath you. I will put it were garbage goes, straight into the trash.

"Many gay men and women are being told they aren't REALLY homosexual, they are just trans - so the solution to the gay male isn't to embrace his love for fellow males - he is goaded into transforming into a "female" so he can engage in "non shameful" hetero sex. "-madameboisseau

I have heard of this too, in certain countries like Iran were homosexuality is outlawed. However, we are talking about transgenders in the context of western culture, not the middle east. That is a whole other can of worms.

"I lived in the middle east a LONG time - the transgender issue is used to make homosexuals "straight" and compliant with gender roles. Around the world and through many eras we find the more transgenderism is accepted, homosexual and women's rights actually decrease. And thats because transgenderism is ultimately based on a lie of a brain sex and the faith of gender roles. There is no brain sex, and gender is a societal creation. For the same reasons why I am an atheist and oppose allowing religious people to grab the levers of power because their ideology will ultimately harm more people than it hurts because its based on a falsehood, I also oppose transgenders grabbing levers of power because their ideology is false and harms people "- MadameBoisseau

Again, you are deviating from western culture. If gender is a societal creation as you say, why would all humans form their idea of gender at around age 4? I think you mean traditional gender norms, like "girls like dolls, boys like guns". How do you know that brain sex is a lie? To my knowledge it has never been proven or disproven. There are definite differences between the sexes when it comes to how the brain activates and the intensity of the activation, but scientists cannot say with any certainty that there are different structures in the brain where you can tell that this brain is definitely male/female. That is why I said, "IMO, or IMHO". It is just my theory, but researching how sexuality and gender identity forms in humans has given me a reasonable enough assurance that this could be the case.

In either case whether you are right about it or I am, it doesn't effect me whatsoever to call someone, "he" or "she", or where they use the restroom. I don't see the problem with it at all. I still think it would be helpful for you to step back and think in a non-judgmental manner about all this. You claim super religious people and transgenders hurt people, but the only one I see spouting hateful dogma around here is you.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/15/2018 6:21:54 PM
This is VERY simple: men and women are segregated BECAUSE males are apt to sexually assault women. Studies show that males who transition offend at the SAME rates as regular males.

This does NOT apply to women who transition because females statistically are less apt to be violent and they can not impregnate a mam with rape.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/15/2018 6:24:40 PM
What would you think of white people who paint their face black, begin living out the negative topes about black people, claiming this makes them really black, and then they begin suing black communities amd institutions for access to their resources? You would think they are at best misguided fetishists and at worst closeted racists looking to attack black communities. Why dont you afford women this same understanding?
 basilisk123
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2018 7:28:08 PM
Madameboisseau, I think we are finally making a break through.
For you, this has nothing to do with transgenders, or LGBT rights. This is your argument against men in general, isn't it?
Why else would your answers be so different between two equal groups. You are ok with a person who is a transgender male, but the moment that that person is a trans female, they become an automatic pervert in your eyes. Can you not see the illogical nature of this argument?

I am still waiting for you to post these studies of yours btw.

Race has nothing to do with this debate. Try to keep it to the subject at hand, transgenders.

Oh I am affording women understanding. I do not think women are some weak and delicate creatures that need to be coddled and sheltered. I know how intelligent, resilient and strong they can be. Which is why I love them so much. I don't think they need to be protected from being offended. If you are offended by someone quietly living their own life, then that speaks more about you than them.
 cw35
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:27:16 PM
It's obvious there are some really ignorant people that have ZERO idea what being transgender is at all judging by the above comments. I honestly didn't think people were unable to understand such a simple concept.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2018 3:30:51 AM
Yep read the body of their ads....most say that but in saying that POF needs to ad another category......because it's getting more prevalent...…..lol
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2018 8:20:07 AM

It's obvious there are some really ignorant people that have ZERO idea what being transgender is at all judging by the above comments. I honestly didn't think people were unable to understand such a simple concept.
being a man looking for women, and only women, I would rather not have them mixed in. it is similar to having mens profiles mixed in but goes one step farther. while I never clicked on the mens profiles, I have on transgender. while easy enough to simply exit, it still bothers me. ignorant to a simple concept? no, not really. more that I was tricked into opening it and a bigger fear is those not openly disclosing it. we filter out men/women, age, distance, kids and a few other things, filtering out/including transgender shouldn't be an issue.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2018 11:35:19 AM
I think they should extend the filters.
So we can filter out misogynists, misandrists,
racists, bigots, transphobics, and homophobics as well.
Lord knows I don't want to have to click past profiles I'm
not interested in without first being totally disgusted.
 basilisk123
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2018 1:54:50 PM
^^^^^^ This sooo much!!!! Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal if you click on a trans profile. It is not contagious. You won't all of a sudden feel like transitioning just because you saw a picture of one on your computer screen.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2018 10:11:06 AM

^^^^^^ This sooo much!!!! Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal if you click on a trans profile. It is not contagious. You won't all of a sudden feel like transitioning just because you saw a picture of one on your computer screen
no, not a big deal to click back. maybe just eliminate filters and pics altogether? by far, without any deviation, my number one filter is man seeking woman. is that too not politically correct? am I a homophobe because I only date women? nobody is going to guilt me into dating men or transgender any more than I would guilt them into dating my preference's.
 basilisk123
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 2:30:00 AM
Who is trying to guilt you? As far as I can tell, most if not all transsexual profiles on this site clearly state what they are, because they are in a lot more danger from dating than you or I am. They are careful, precisely because homophobia is rampant in today's culture. Should they have their own section? Maybe, but this website is pretty ancient, so I don't think that is going to happen. If it isn't going to happen. then people will just have to live with the fact that they are mixed into the male/female profiles.
 cw35
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2018 8:15:47 AM
John: My comment wasn't directed at you. I totally get not wanting them to show up in your matches. I don't really want them to either but it also doesn't bother me when they do. My comment was directed to the people who were "explaining" what being a transgendered person actually means. They obviously don't understand it or what it is.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2018 9:41:01 AM

John: My comment wasn't directed at you. I totally get not wanting them to show up in your matches. I don't really want them to either but it also doesn't bother me when they do. My comment was directed to the people who were "explaining" what being a transgendered person actually means.
thanks for clarifying that. i would fit "They obviously don't understand it or what it is" but do my best to not judge. while it is simple enough to click back like most other profiles, it is clearly outside my preference. just as mixing in profiles from far away or many years outside my age range. under the right/wrong circumstances, i might expand my limits but not that far. judging them? not really, just not my thing.
 morta1ez
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Ex Arlo lux
Posted: 12/8/2018 2:10:43 PM
actually I agree with the OP, I have had a few show up in searches that were obvious and I just moved on to the next profile. I have contacted a few(unknowingly) that were passing and lucky for me they were honest about it in the first reply, and while I appreciate their honesty telling me before anything can get started, it was annoying to get my hopes up at seeing a reply in my inbox only to have those hopes shattered.
And lastly the odd chance a passing transgendered person choosing not to be honest about their nature forming a relationship with some un-knowing person is reason enough for them to have their own section, plus there are people out there who are into that or don't care one way or the other and specifically seek them out or ad that category to their filter.
 centillini
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2018 11:28:28 AM
the search is weird like that, but hey if she attractive and nice why not.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Transgendered Woman Appearing in Search Results