Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger t      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 101
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
If a 30 year old hottie contacted me and I saw that she was claiming to be 20 in her profile ?

Hmmm........................
 cooldog65
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?
Posted: 11/27/2017 9:15:15 AM
^^^ She would be outside the 14 year age restriction...

Perhaps if she claimed to be 40...
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 103
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?
Posted: 11/27/2017 9:17:02 AM
Let's negotiate Cooldog - how about a 45 claming to be 35 ?

At this stage of the game , that would still be a lottery win for me , haha
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 11:12:02 AM

If a 30 year old hottie contacted me and I saw that she was claiming to be 20 in her profile ?

Outside of POF (as noted, age restrictions) -- the only problem would be not old enough to go to a bar. Still delicious if she's nice looking. 21? Yeah.

But what about this, with people flipping their hair over one's Virtual stat-sheet to strangers on a site: What if she puts 41, but she's really 31?
 Dinno76
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/27/2017 5:39:14 PM
How would you know their true age before you even met them ?
 Cynderella
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 3:53:19 AM

What if she puts 41, but she's really 31?

I use to do that....why?
Just for the "really?"
It was a great conversation starter.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 4:39:42 PM

I use to do that....why?
Just for the "really?"
It was a great conversation starter.

Yeah, for a hot chick, they can do that and still get their influx of opportunities. Especially if they like older guys, although 10 yrs is a big gap.

I once met a gal years ago who said she was 32 but she was 28 (something to that affect). She was really good looking, had a lot going for herself, and wanted to be more in that "market" so to speak, as she felt she was more fit there (but didn't want to go hog wild on the age). She said it was initially playing around with her age now and again, but after a while, her age "locked" in @32, and she found it better.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/4/2017 7:43:48 AM
In 2000 I was 44 years old, when I met a "53" year old woman on another dating site. We were together for 4 years. After dating her for about a year, she disclosed she was 10 years older. Didn't bother me in the least, she actually looked much younger. Her reasoning was that she had a hard time dating because lots of men don't search for women older than 60.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/4/2017 7:50:15 AM
That's just stupid. I don't see how keeping it a secret from YOU for a year is connected to other men not searching for women her age.

Someone bullshits me like that for a year, they can hit the f*cking road.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:00:46 AM

That's just stupid. I don't see how keeping it a secret from YOU for a year is connected to other men not searching for women her age.

Someone bullshits me like that for a year, they can hit the f*cking road.

Really? Maybe that explains why you are still single.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:14:13 AM

What does my being single have to do with any of this? I am single because that's exactly what I want to be.

Why don't you try actually explaining the logic behind this stupid shit? Why was keeping her age a secret from YOU for a YEAR necessary? You said she kept it under wraps due to men not searching for women her age. How the hell is there a connection here?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:16:51 AM
I’m calling in Moraima to deal with this
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 113
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:37:13 AM

Msg: 112
Why don't you try actually explaining the logic behind this stupid shit?

Who are you to demand people to explain anything?

You said she kept it under wraps due to men not searching for women her age.

Who am I to argue with her when she disclosed her age? We got along great, lots of chemistry, sexual attraction and intellectual compatibility.

Who are you to judge her beliefs, to say it's bulsh*t and stupid? The rules of dating does not revolve around your opinion.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:46:22 AM

Who are you to demand people to explain anything?

Who are you to question what I demand?

Who are you to judge her beliefs, to say it's bulsh*t and stupid? The rules of dating does not revolve around your opinion.

This is a matter of logic, and if you don't want the logic of your stories questioned, perhaps you shouldn't post them on a PUBLIC forum, Al Roker.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:49:57 AM

This is a matter of logic, and if you don't want the logic of your stories questioned, perhaps you shouldn't post them on a PUBLIC forum

Like I said, the rules of dating does not revolve around your opinion.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/4/2017 10:51:01 AM
My dad has bigger balls then your dad
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/4/2017 12:04:32 PM

Her reasoning was that she had a hard time dating because lots of men don't search for women older than 60.

But why did she wait a whole year before telling you her real age? Once you two agreed to date only each other, there was no logical reason for her to keep up the charade.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/4/2017 12:13:15 PM
When I was 32 and trying to form a band, it seemed all the musicians considered 32 almost dead. So, since I was often told I looked much younger than my age I started saying I was 27 in musicians wanted ads .

Once I found a drummer and bassist to play with I kept up the charade because it felt good that they thought I was 5 years younger ( they were 7 years my junior ).

I laughed to myself when I turned 30 and they razzed me about being in my 30's when I had actually just turned 35.

But, you can't compare bandmates with a SO. Completely different scenario, as in, they had no reason to worry about me getting all wrinkly and saggy one day.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/4/2017 12:13:37 PM

Like I said, the rules of dating does not revolve around your opinion.

Remove the "opinion" aspect from this. I asked a question. You are obviously dodging it because you know there was no logic behind the year long lie. The lie was obviously for the ones searching and potentially visiting her profile. The two of you were WELL beyond that stage, yes???
 NewYorker58
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2017 12:30:24 PM
It looks like the OP lied also. Really, they deserved each other.

I don't find it to be acceptable to lie. I see men say in their profiles that for some strange reason, LOL, their age got listed as being younger than what they are. I would suspect that they had been called out on it enough times that they felt they needed to say something. Many men are trying to date younger as it is and then they want to make their age younger on top of that? How would that guy feel if I then lied about my age? No, he wouldn't like it and he would be upset. Men say that they feel younger than their age but that is bullshit! They just want someone younger. Since when did starting out a relationship based upon lies ever turn out to be a good thing? If that lie is acceptable for a person to get what they want, then why can't other lies also be acceptable?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/4/2017 5:29:23 PM

Msg: 119
But why did she wait a whole year before telling you her real age? Once you two agreed to date only each other, there was no logical reason for her to keep up the charade.

Not sure how the topic about our ages came up during a casual conversation, this happened a long time ago. Even if she had told me her real age a couple of weeks later after we started dating, it wouldn't matter. Like I said, from the start we got along great, there was lots of chemistry, sexual attraction and intellectual compatibility. We were together for 4 great years. The fact that she was fibbing about her age didn't make a difference to me, it's just that simple.

Msg: 121
Remove the "opinion" aspect from this. I asked a question. You are obviously dodging it because you know there was no logic behind the year long lie. The lie was obviously for the ones searching and potentially visiting her profile. The two of you were WELL beyond that stage, yes???

I am dodging it? You didn't asked a question, you call it "some stupid bullshit"because it doesn't fit your "logic."

In Msg 109, I clearly stated the age difference "didn't bother me in the least" after she decided to share her real age. Why is so difficult for you to understand that everyone's online dating experience is different from yours? This is not rocket science, everyone's online dating experience is different.

Whatever reasons she had to lie about her age, it didn't matter to me. She said that "she had a hard time dating because lots of men don't search for women older than 60". There was no need for me to call her explanation "stupid", or ask her to take "the f*cking road".

I took her justification at face value, to me it was not a big deal. It is extremely difficult to find a match in a relationship, why would I let something so trivial bother me?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/4/2017 6:15:11 PM
Sadly, it appears some folks will dismiss someone over petty things.
 Kj521
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/4/2017 6:49:25 PM
^^^^Probably why there are so many single people. :)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/4/2017 7:02:18 PM

I am dodging it? You didn't asked a question, you call it "some stupid bullshit"because it doesn't fit your "logic."

Why was keeping her age a secret from YOU for a YEAR necessary? You said she kept it under wraps due to men not searching for women her age. How the hell is there a connection here?

Funny, this looks an awful lot like a question to me. I hope someone puts a gift certificate to Lenscrafters in your stocking for Christmas.

I took her justification at face value

The "justification" had NOTHING to do with you. It pertained to OTHER MEN searching. Are you really this f*cking dense?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?