Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger t      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 126
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Who are you to demand people to explain anything?

(TPoYD) Who are you to question what I demand?

I am in awe of the sheer arrogance, here. My hat is off to you, Sir!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:09:10 PM

I was 44 years old, when I met a "53" year old woman on another dating site. We were together for 4 years. After dating her for about a year, she disclosed she was 10 years older. Didn't bother me in the least, she actually looked much younger.

Dude -- that's Not cool -- unless after a handful of dates she said the likes of "Once a lady's middle aged, she doesn't have to tell her real age (wink)," and you shortly picked up on the fact that she was more like 60-something, not 50-something. In THAT sense, I could understand if this was a Great catch, you wouldn't mind dating a 63 year old @44 anyway, etc etc. Because she literally told you that she wasn't necessarily 53 and you didn't believe she was, in that case. It'd take something like that Very Early In, for it to be a year later that a confession should/would become acceptable for some. Even then, one certainly can't blame one to balk on being serious and continuing it on any serious level for 3 more years. Especially since she'd become a senior citizen at that point - lol.

Now, assuming it didn't unfold like that where she said that a lady doesn't have to give her true age out there (more than a hint-hint) + you could put 2 & 2 together that she was older but were in a don't-ask-don't-tell -- it's Objectively a situation to Question Trust. If you Really thought she was 54 a Year later when she was 64 -- not only would that question how you put things together without big ?? (we're not talking about a 3 year difference here), but that would also give it Much more weight to be WTF when she told you she's 64 and not 54. It'd be like a year later a GF telling me "Remember when we started dating and I said I was from Chicago, and I never had kids? I never lived in Chicago. My sister has lived there much of her life and still does. And I did have 1 kid, but gave it to my sister under her name. It's not mine! It's just biologically mine." Hey, you're already wrapped up in it for a year -- I could see some guy accepting it, but most are going to Wisely step away. Personally, it'd kill any chances of going from BF/GF to living together or something, and only immediately push it back to Dating-Lite or less.

Probably why there are so many single people. :)

You say that like that's a bad thing. That is SO Weird. Being non-single isn't an accomplishment. Just turn it on to Jerry Springer for validation. :) Going steady with someone (or more obviously) doesn't in any way hold any Value. The only reason one should say that, is to a specific person who's Trying Not to be single... which is pretty weird. I'd only say "Maybe that's why you're still here and not living in California," if they were Trying forever To move to Cali but haven't been Able yet. Otherwise, it holds no water. :)

The "justification" had NOTHING to do with you. It pertained to OTHER MEN searching.

Yeah, there's a BIG difference between putting a significantly younger age in a profile, getting bites, but letting them know your actual age when talking 1-on-1.... and never telling them your actual age, until after being BF/GF for a year. Yuge Yuge difference.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 128
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:13:10 PM

Msg: 112
Why don't you try actually explaining the logic behind this stupid shit? Why was keeping her age a secret from YOU for a YEAR necessary? You said she kept it under wraps due to men not searching for women her age

Msg: 126
The "justification" had NOTHING to do with you. It pertained to OTHER MEN searching. Are you really this f*cking dense?

U Mad?

"Internet arguments: driving people round the bend and achieving very little since the 80's. "

Read my previous comments, if they are not to your satisfaction, tough sh*t. Just because you don't agree with how people handle their relationships, does not mean they have to explain anything to you.

I simply cannot believe that you are having a hard time understanding, and yet continue making demands, when she said that lots of men don't search for women older than 60. This is not the first time I heard someone say something like this, and it won't be the last.

You think you are a relationship expert. You appear to be a bitter man who likes to try to antagonize people here in the forums. Who are you to demand anything around these parts?

Just because you don't agreed with it.....and you think "it's a stupid sh*t".....does not make it true.

And talking about dense, this is the reason I have steered clear commenting in some of these threads. You are the most arrogant, bitter person I have seen around these parts.

I am done responding to you. As a gesture of goodwill, I will ask Santa to bring you a blow-up doll this Christmas so you can get that bitterness and resentment out of your system. Having a lot of pent-up anger is not good for your health.
 9Pluto
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2017 8:32:23 PM
Laugh:
Who are you to demand people to explain anything?

Pig:
Who are you to question what I demand?

Arlo:
I am in awe of the sheer arrogance, here. My hat is off to you, Sir!

Keep your sheer hat on. We may end up miles from here!

Polonius
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/5/2017 3:54:32 AM

when she said that lots of men don't search for women older than 60.

Holy shit. If you were with her, her feeling of having to lie to get you to respond to/contact her no longer existed. She already had you, yet continued lying for a year. You still won't even attempt to explain this idiotic logic, but that's okay. It's because you can't.

You are the most arrogant, bitter person I have seen around these parts.

Bitter because I won't accept bullshit? Ok. Arrogant? It sure beats being a low self-esteem schlub who has to settle for deceitful grandmas.

I am done responding to you.

That's a good idea because you're well on your way to making Moraima look like a Rhodes scholar with every doltish post you make. Speaking of which, have the two of you met? My matchmaker alarm is absolutely blaring right now. But wait, you like them 20 years older and you're 61 now, not 44. She's 66. Is that too young for you today? I hear Betty White is still single.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 131
There are known knowns
Posted: 12/5/2017 6:12:09 AM
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/5/2017 11:22:27 AM

Msg: 119
But why did she wait a whole year before telling you her real age? Once you two agreed to date only each other, there was no logical reason for her to keep up the charade.

Not sure how the topic about our ages came up during a casual conversation, this happened a long time ago. Even if she had told me her real age a couple of weeks later after we started dating, it wouldn't matter. Like I said, from the start we got along great, there was lots of chemistry, sexual attraction and intellectual compatibility. We were together for 4 great years. The fact that she was fibbing about her age didn't make a difference to me, it's just that simple.

I didn't ask you why her fibbing about her age didn't make a difference to *YOU*. I asked you why *SHE* felt it necessary to lie to you about her age for an entire year after the two of you were already in an exclusive relationship?

Didn't she trust you enough to accept the truth?
 trinity818
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2017 12:51:06 PM

I didn't ask you why her fibbing about her age didn't make a difference to *YOU*. I asked you why *SHE* felt it necessary to lie to you about her age for an entire year after the two of you were already in an exclusive relationship?

Well... if he could read her friggin' mind, he would have already known her true age.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/5/2017 1:37:53 PM

Well... if he could read her friggin' mind, he would have already known her true age.

And if Grandma had balls, she'd be Grandpa. None of us can read minds---we all have to rely on honest communication between one another to make a relationship work. If the communication between them was that piss poor, it wasn't anything for him to brag about in the forums as an example of a relationship that worked out, despite her lying to him.
 gtomustang
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/5/2017 4:34:05 PM
some people are willing to let something go, in order to get the other things they want. Other people won't get relationships b/c they can't let anything go. and some love to play "gotcha". Everyone should learn to be happy with the results they strive for :)

I'd be worried about lies about STDs and violent ex's.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/5/2017 5:54:05 PM

(halcyon_skies) And if Grandma had balls, she'd be Grandpa.

Post that in the transgendered thread. I can see NYCKOSI having a stroke...

(halcyon_skies) None of us can read minds---we all have to rely on honest communication between one another to make a relationship work. If the communication between them was that piss poor, it wasn't anything for him to brag about in the forums as an example of a relationship that worked out, despite her lying to him.

(*sigh*) When will people like you ever learn? Not *EVERYONE* gets all bent out of shape over someone fibbing about their age. Sure, it's a "lie", but not everyone has the same Freak-Out-Point... and, that's a *GOOD* thing -- it ensures that uptight prigs (not naming any names here; but, the initials "TPoYD" comes to mind, as do the initials "HS"... ) have people they can relate to.

Me? Lying about age is no biggie. Lying about having a propensity to amputating her partner's genitals? Much more an area of concern...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/5/2017 6:34:54 PM

(*sigh*) When will people like you ever learn? Not *EVERYONE* gets all bent out of shape over someone fibbing about their age. Sure, it's a "lie", but not everyone has the same Freak-Out-Point... and, that's a *GOOD* thing -- it ensures that uptight prigs (not naming any names here;

Arlo, I don't know about others, but I'm neither bent out of shape, nor am I uptight. I've been in a healthy relationship since 2011, with a man who doesn't misrepresent himself.

That's more than I can say for some other posters who start threads whining about people sending them "mixed signals".
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/5/2017 6:48:35 PM

(AT) (*sigh*) When will people like you ever learn? Not *EVERYONE* gets all bent out of shape over someone fibbing about their age. Sure, it's a "lie", but nott everyone has the same Freak-Out-Point... and, that's a *GOOD* thing -- it ensures that uptight prigs (not naming any names here;

(halcyon_skies) Arlo, I don't know about others, but I'm neither bent out of shape, nor am I uptight. I've been in a healthy relationship since 2011, with a man who doesn't misrepresent himself.

(*shrug*) And, Laughing-Guy told you and REM-sleep Porcine that his previous GF hiding her real age from him fell well below the thresh-hold of Things He Gives a Flying Fcuk About. Repeatedly. Heck, he was starting to get frustrated trying to get that point across to DreamPig...

(halcyon_skies) That's more than I can say for some other posters who start threads whining about people sending them "mixed signals"..

Geeze, whoever that was, he sounds like a complete *LOSER*. I hope you roasted the wienie, but *GOOD*...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Liar, liar, pants on fire
Posted: 12/5/2017 7:40:23 PM
One lie begets another.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2017 7:49:00 PM

At a certain point. Her waiting a year means it is a big deal -- or if she wasn't waiting but it was something like "Yeah, I put 39 on my profile, and I'm 40," that she just shrugged about. Obviously being 63 and not 53 doesn't fit the latter -- so it's obvious that She Knew it was a big deal. The only exception would be she was just a gal someone in his position would only casually see, it was whimsical, no strings attached -- where age Actually doesn't matter -- but Then after a year things start become real dating and she swiftly confesses it.

People are much more willing to deal with some flaws/drawbacks/"catches" when they're already knee-deep in with ya. But at the same time, there's certainly no guarantee they will deal with it. Better chance they will (more trust in success); bigger hurt if they walk. Her method isn't wise, though. Hit it off on a date taking the casual route, and if it went Well, and the 2nd's going well -- confess. I think YMMV on when to do it (upon initial contact, which I see nothing wrong with it like in OP's situation; after fruitful convo b4/during 1st date; or after a 1st date goes well and 2nd date's going good). Waiting until you've solidified a relationship 6mo+? HUGE chance they'll catch on before that if there's a 5-10 year difference. Not a good idea. :) That's why I wonder if OP pretty much knew she Was older early on, and got the hint "a lady doesn't like to talk about her age," etc.

Well given enough time, if you're more than just casually going out occasionally -- you'll come across a discrepancy. Not exact true age, but knowing that she's notably older. No mind reading required! I've played the "I'm younger" game before many times -- with girls at bars who I end up being around further (and thru friends of friends too) -- can be tough when you're not just going for a 1-time roll in the hey-hey-hey, but actually hanging out/dating! :) Always get the year you (allegedly) graduated high school down pat, as well as other years that are key markers that others relate with! That's rule #1! :)

I'd be worried about lies about STDs and violent ex's.

Well, if you made it a year and their ex hasn't gotten in the picture, I would say that'd be less to worry about. "GTO, I do have to say something. I referred to an ex who was a real a-hole before in the past. Well, he was actually really violent and stuff." "Oh no! Is he coming for me?!" "No, it's been a year. He hasn't. But I don't like going on about my baggage, and just summing it up he was an a-hole." STDs tho, yeah. Many of them don't move to California. ;)

Not *EVERYONE* gets all bent out of shape over someone fibbing about their age.

True, but I think LL2L's scenario is Conceptually different than OP's. A perfect example that it's not all the same. Sure, some people won't get Too bent out of shape, and won't even think of leaving their BF/GF when they find out they cheated on them either (and not for the 1st time). Sure, some people won't get bent out of shape if they find out after a year, their GF has had 3 kids but gave them up for adoption. Or that they used to be gay but are "converted" and only go to the gay bar because they didn't want to break good friendships and it has great karaoke.

I think the point is, it really scratches one's head why Some things (including those examples) wouldn't at least make one balk and think twice, instead of being like "Oh, hey, ain't no thing." LL2L has every right to feel how he wants, even in my comparative examples right there, but is there any "line" where it is kosher to say "Whoah dude, wth?" Like if she said she was 53, and he believed a story about surgery gone wrong making her look older, and was told 1 year later dating that she made that up and she's 83? Where's the line? To me: It's when you more than "fibbed" about your age and that age is a very big gap -- and went on about it before, during, and after becoming an Item. A vast majority of people do care about that to go "WTF?" (although I think a lot of people pick up on it when forming an actual Relationship initially).
 9Pluto
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2017 8:47:54 PM

(*sigh*) When will people like you ever learn? Not *EVERYONE* gets all bent out of shape over someone fibbing about their age.

Maybe because not everyone is teetering on the edge of the very slippery slope of deception. Who knows, maybe the FTC will have expanded coverage over OLD marketing fact checking one of these days, to include profile indiscretions.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/5/2017 9:46:30 PM

but, the initials "TPoYD

You're hallucinating. Show me precisely where I expressed giving one flying shit about whether lying is a big deal to him or not. That's his own funeral. I simply called out this woman's logic and wondered if she bothered to explain it to Loves2BangOldBats or if he could even take a stab at it himself. From there, he threw a hissy fit and responded with emotion rather than simply answer my question.

Furthermore, in a year's time, this woman shared no information about her family and past that would reveal some sort of discrepancies proving she couldn't have been 53?? That's quite a stretch.
 9Pluto
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2017 10:36:22 PM

Furthermore, in a year's time, this woman shared no information about her family and past that would reveal some sort of discrepancies proving she couldn't have been 53?? That's quite a stretch.

That was nothing. Ten years after he met her and when the affair was long over, he learned she was actually a he, a talented Chinese opera singer who could retract his testicles and make them look like the vulva. But seriously Pig, that didn't bother him either ...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/6/2017 3:46:57 AM

(AT) ... but, the initials "TPoYD...

(TPoYD <== why, what a coincidence!) You're hallucinating.

I thought that cheese smelled funny...

(TPoYD) I simply called out this woman's logic (sic)...

There's your problem. She told him why she did it, and he told us what she had told him. Clearly, her course of action was dictated by *FEAR* (of loneliness, being overlooked -- whatever), and *NOT* logic, Spock. Then, she *OBVIOUSLY* kept it up for a year because she felt that she was in too deep in the lie, and it took her a year to work up the gumption to come clean. One does not have to be a Rhodes scholar to see this.

(TPoYD) ... and wondered if she bothered to explain it to Loves2BangOldBats or if he could even take a stab at it himself.

Horse-hockey. You were spoiling for a fight. Nothing wrong with that, but call it what it is. Don't try and pour perfume on a pig (*snicker*).

(TPoYD) Furthermore, in a year's time, this woman shared no information about her family and past that would reveal some sort of discrepancies proving she couldn't have been 53?? That's quite a stretch.

Sadly, I get this. In the age of Kardashian/Duck Dynasty/celebrity gossip worship, the simple-minded masses (that'd be you and your ilk ), have a ghoulish, unhealthy obsession with the inner-workings of everyone else's relationships, and seem to think that you're entitled to know *EVERYTHING* and *ANYTHING*, at *ANY TIME*.

Listen, Mac: there's only room for *ONE* arrogant prick here, and I got that covered...
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 145
Posted: 12/6/2017 5:53:34 AM

here's your problem. She told him why she did it, and he told us what she had told him.

Yes, and here it is below. Read it veeeeeery sloooooowly and actually absorb it this time around.

Her reasoning was that she had a hard time dating because lots of men don't search for women older than 60.

They had already met and hooked up. The search phase was over. There was no longer a need for the lie to continue for a year after the fact. It's beyond reasonable for one to question why she did. How the f*ck are you and the GilfHunter the only two not getting this??

have a ghoulish, unhealthy obsession with the inner-workings of everyone else's relationships, and seem to think that you're entitled to know *EVERYTHING* and *ANYTHING*, at *ANY TIME*.

Yes, how about we just not respond to or question anything that's posted anymore. That should keep things flowing here. Novel idea of the day - if you don't want your stories questioned, don't f*cking post them.

there's only room for *ONE* arrogant prick here, and I got that covered

Hilarious. You've got it covered about as well as the U.S. government does with the drug epidemic, strawweight.

But seriously Pig, that didn't bother him either ..

Right. He probably just "laughed" it off. He loves2 to do that sort of thing.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 146
Posted: 12/6/2017 7:59:37 AM
But he’s in a relationship

While others are still single

That’s da moral of this thread

Acceptance
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/6/2017 2:46:07 PM

(AT) have a ghoulish, unhealthy obsession with the inner-workings of everyone else's relationships, and seem to think that you're entitled to know *EVERYTHING* and *ANYTHING*, at *ANY TIME*.

(TPoYD) Yes, how about we just not respond to or question anything that's posted anymore. That should keep things flowing here. Novel idea of the day - if you don't want your stories questioned, don't f*cking post them.

In the spirit of building upon your excellent idea, let's develop it further: when someone gives you a f*cking answer, even if you're feeling cranky, and spoiling for a fight, recognize it as such. Even if you don't agree with it. Question it, but don't be an obnoxious little feeb...

(AT) there's only room for *ONE* arrogant prick here, and I got that covered.

(TPoYD) Hilarious. You've got it covered about as well as the U.S. government does with the drug epidemic, strawweight.

"Strawweight"... that's just so adorable.

Listen, chump, just because I expressed approval of *ONE* of your burns on Laughing-Guy, don't go getting delusions of adequacy. A stopped clock is right twice a day; and, you pull off a good burn about as often as I trip over Bigfoot turds.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2017 4:35:49 PM

Where's Mustang to say "angry sex"☺
 CrazyCatLadyLookin
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/6/2017 5:22:34 PM
Wait....you're here complaining because a guy lied about his age...is STILL younger than you and you LIED about your age in your profile?!?!?!?!

Yeah. I would meet someone who lied about their age by 10yrs if they still kinda seemed "youthful", but then again....my profile isn't too accurate, either.
 gtomustang
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/6/2017 7:46:26 PM
"Well, if you made it a year and their ex hasn't gotten in the picture, I would say that'd be less to worry about."

>>>unless he's so violent he's been in jail during that time. Then again, after a year, I've probably figured she's the type to prefer the axe murderers. NY is correct, to quote ObiWan, "these are not the angry sex i'm looking for." Heck, I don't even do angry birds.

Meanwhile, at my age, most broads are wearing a bra that lies about the location of their b00bs :) I mean, anyone interested in me is going to make a sales pitch. exaggerate the facts a little. I havta kind of pick my battles. Like the English say, buggers can't be choosers. oh, it would be nice to find someone who doesn't lie, but...that's also one of the reasons I've been single so long :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?