Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger t      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I think this happens a lot and I kind of get why someone would reduce their age so as to get more interest and then when you meet up and you click then you may say what your true age is. If there is interest it should not matter so much, especially at a later stage in life. 10 years is not always a big deal.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 152
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?
Posted: 12/6/2017 10:48:15 PM

Msg: 133
I didn't ask you why her fibbing about her age didn't make a difference to *YOU*. I asked you why *SHE* felt it necessary to lie to you about her age for an entire year after the two of you were already in an exclusive relationship?
Didn't she trust you enough to accept the truth?

I wasn't aware I am so important, that you and Mr. Know-It-all FABIO Wannabe are letting me rent space in your head for free.

Wow, two pages of obsessing, overthinking and over-analyzing my Msg: 109 comment, I am flattered that irrelevant people find me so relevant.

Msg: 135
..... it wasn't anything for him to brag about in the forums as an example of a relationship that worked out, despite her lying to him.

Who would've thought that mentioning we had great chemistry, and intellectual compatibility would be interpreted as bragging.

Am I expected to say I had an awful relationship? If me being in a loving relationship rubbed you the wrong way, not my problem. Get real, it is obvious that you and Mr. Know-It-all FABIO Wannabe spend your time in the forums looking for pointless things to argue about,

Msg: 136
some people are willing to let something go, in order to get the other things they want. Other people won't get relationships b/c they can't let anything go. and some love to play "gotcha". Everyone should learn to be happy with the results they strive for :)

Msg: 137
Not *EVERYONE* gets all bent out of shape over someone fibbing about their age. Sure, it's a "lie", but not everyone has the same Freak-Out-Point... and, that's a *GOOD* thing -- it ensures that uptight prigs (not naming any names here; but, the initials "TPoYD" comes to mind, as do the initials "HS"... ) have people they can relate to.

Me? Lying about age is no biggie. Lying about having a propensity to amputating her partner's genitals? Much more an area of concern.

Msg: 139
And, Laughing-Guy told you and REM-sleep Porcine that his previous GF hiding her real age from him fell well below the thresh-hold of Things He Gives a Flying Fcuk About. Repeatedly. Heck, he was starting to get frustrated trying to get that point across to DreamPig...

Very well said, thank you. You guys just saved me having to repeat myself , again. Those highlighted quotes could not be more clearer. And yet, the "forum relationship experts" continue to argue what have already being explained ad-nauseam.

Msg: 138
I've been in a healthy relationship since 2011....

See, now you are bragging......see how that works?

Msg: 147
But he’s in a relationship
While others are still single
That’s da moral of this thread
Acceptance

Msg: 152
I think this happens a lot and I kind of get why someone would reduce their age so as to get more interest and then when you meet up and you click then you may say what your true age is. If there is interest it should not matter so much, especially at a later stage in life. 10 years is not always a big deal.

Isn't that the truth!

Oh well, this comment should elicit a couple of more pages of over-analyzing by the forum relationship experts. That should keep them busy for a couple of days.....carry on.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 153
Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?
Posted: 12/7/2017 3:07:45 AM

(Ilove2laughtoo) I wasn't aware I am so important, that you and Mr. Know-It-all FABIO Wannabe...

Sweet burn! Do me next!

You've played halcyon_skies and Wilbur quite masterfully, having them chase their tails over and over again. It was a delight to watch!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 154
Posted: 12/7/2017 11:19:20 AM

when someone gives you a f*cking answer, even if you're feeling cranky, and spoiling for a fight, recognize it as such.

I recognize it as stating an opinion and following it with a question. I couldn't care less whether it was worded gently enough for you and the senior slayer's delicate senses.

but don't be an obnoxious little feeb...

Coming from someone who vandalizes nearly all of his posts with his usual goof troop of emojis and self-aggrandizing babble with absolutely nothing to back it up? hahaha. That's rich.

Oh well, this comment should elicit a couple of more pages of over-analyzing by the forum relationship experts.

Overanalyzing? Exaggerate much? I asked you ONE question that you still haven't answered, which was why did the lie continue for a year after meeting. Her excuse pertained to the before. I think you and your newly acquired nuthugger are just playing dumb to avoid admitting it makes no sense.

Mr. Know-It-all FABIO Wannabe..

This would have been hilarious if I had not heard it before from a thousand other schmucks who would probably get the "not tonight, I have a headache" excuse if they accosted a hooker. Nice try, though. 1.5 out of 10.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 155
Posted: 12/7/2017 11:21:41 AM

Who would've thought that mentioning we had great chemistry, and intellectual compatibility would be interpreted as bragging.

Am I expected to say I had an awful relationship? If me being in a loving relationship rubbed you the wrong way, not my problem.

If your "loving" relationship with this age liar was so great, why are you not still with her?

Get real, it is obvious that you and Mr. Know-It-all FABIO Wannabe spend your time in the forums looking for pointless things to argue about

The purpose of the thread is to discuss whether or not one would date someone who lied about their age by 10 years---and if the subject were pointless, the thread wouldn't have gone on for so long. Age lying is something many people find to be distasteful---their arguments are no less valid than your argument that age lying is A-Okay.
 cooldog65
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2017 11:36:29 AM

If your "loving" relationship with this age liar was so great, why are you not still with her?

Because she's either 80 now or she's taking a dirt nap...
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/7/2017 11:49:57 AM
I guess Skies is back to eating pork again
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/7/2017 3:08:52 PM

(AT) when someone gives you a f*cking answer, even if you're feeling cranky, and spoiling for a fight, recognize it as such.

(TPoYD) I recognize it as stating an opinion and following it with a question.

Given the whiny, sucky, childish insistence you've displayed in this thread, you wouldn't recognize an answer if it kicked you in the groin, Porky.

(TPoYD) I couldn't care less whether it was worded gently enough for you and the senior slayer's delicate senses.

You adore me, and you live for my attention.

(AT) but don't be an obnoxious little feeb...

(TPoYD) Coming from someone who vandalizes nearly all of his posts with his usual goof troop of emojis and self-aggrandizing babble with absolutely nothing to back it up? hahaha. That's rich.

Thing is, Wilbur, I know that I'm an obnoxious, over-bearing ass; but, I *OWN* that, and I *SELL* it with every post. You're coming across as a colichy, fussy little baby, griping because Laughing-Guy won't kow-tow to *YOUR* amateurish, wanna-be arrogant, demands. You've got a *LOOONG* way to go, before you're a fixture, here.

Oh, BTW:
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/7/2017 3:22:47 PM

(Laughing-Guy) Get real, it is obvious that you and Mr. Know-It-all FABIO Wannabe spend your time in the forums looking for pointless things to argue about.

(halcyon_skies) The purpose of the thread is to discuss whether or not one would date someone who lied about their age by 10 years---and if the subject were pointless, the thread wouldn't have gone on for so long.

C'mon, HS: not even *YOU* can be so clueless. The original intent of this thread may, indeed, have been a legit question about age-lying, even though OP hasn't been back to field any follow-up questions (such as *WHY* she was tryin' to rob the cradle), but it's long since developed into a four-way flame-war between me, Laughing-Guy, and the clownishly inept tag-team represented by you and Petunia Pig...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/7/2017 8:42:48 PM

C'mon, HS: not even *YOU* can be so clueless. The original intent of this thread may, indeed, have been a legit question about age-lying, even though OP hasn't been back to field any follow-up questions (such as *WHY* she was tryin' to rob the cradle)

Wait, Arlo... if you think the OP was trying to "rob the cradle", why haven't you questioned Laughing-Guy about allowing his former girlfriend to "rob the cradle" in respect to her relationship with him?

As usual, you're trying to muddle the issue of the debate, which is about age lying---not May-December relationships.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/8/2017 3:44:57 AM

(AT) C'mon, HS: not even *YOU* can be so clueless. The original intent of this thread may, indeed, have been a legit question about age-lying, even though OP hasn't been back to field any follow-up questions (such as *WHY* she was tryin' to rob the cradle)

(halcyon_skies) Wait, Arlo... if you think the OP was trying to "rob the cradle", why haven't you questioned Laughing-Guy about allowing his former girlfriend to "rob the cradle" in respect to her relationship with him.

I stand corrected on my assessment of your cluelessness: clearly, you are able to plumb new depths of "D'uh!", and you do so with each post you make. It's refreshing to encounter someone who's so dense that she doesn't even realize just how dense she is.

Because OP slunk off in a most craven fashion once she posed her question, once she realized that people could, and would, observe the glaringly obvious age difference, of which she became aware promptly. Laughing-Guy, by contrast, was misled for a year; further, he says her appearance easily substantiated her claim, and I believe him.

In short, OP thinks she did something wrong, and is unwilling to face it (that she was a "dirty old cougar"), while Laughing-Guy fiercely defends that he and she enjoyed each other's company, and her Big Revel garnered a "meh" response from him. OP (Mrs. Robinson) deserves the full-bore Arlo mockery.

(FWIW, I don't think that arwen52 did anything wrong -- I'm just cruel, and like to see stuffed-shirts squirming uncomfortably, when confronted with what they think is immoral behaviour...)

Get it yet? Or am I gonna have to haul out the Speak-n-Spell for you?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/8/2017 5:23:26 AM

Thing is, Wilbur, I know that I'm an obnoxious, over-bearing ass; but, I *OWN* that, and I *SELL* it with every post..

Sell it? I believe you mean desperately overselling it, in hopes someone will be impressed. It's too bad you and the ever evasive hyena don't live a bit closer to each other. The two of you could hit up some bingo halls in search of a few borderline senile golden girls who might actually give you the time of day. But hey, if they try to tell you they're in their 50's, be smart enough (as gargantuan a task it might be for you) to ask for some ID, ok?

he says her appearance easily substantiated her claim, and I believe him.

baaaaahahahaha, yeah. Because we've seen just how much honesty means to him! Do yourself a favor and retire the "look at me, I'm so smart!" schtick. You do nothing but shit all over it repeatedly.
 gtomustang
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/8/2017 7:42:00 AM
"I asked you ONE question that you still haven't answered, which was why did the lie continue for a year after meeting. Her excuse pertained to the before. I think you and your newly acquired nuthugger are just playing dumb to avoid admitting it makes no sense. "
"why haven't you questioned Laughing Guy about allowing his former gf to rob his cradle?"

>>>I don't know if L2L ever said, "age is just a number", but i'll hazard a guess that if someone thinks age is just a number...they don't worry about age enough to think about age?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/8/2017 8:18:14 AM

Because we don't practice ancient burial practices, when they buried companions in their grave sites as well, you fool.

Not that is any of your business, she died of breast cancer in 2004.

You and Mr. Know-It-all FABIO Wannabe keep beating that dead horse. Don't let us down, keep the thread going, I'll check back with you two clowns after the holidays.We all need a good laugh.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/8/2017 9:28:46 AM

Because we don't practice ancient burial practices, when they buried companions in their grave sites as well, you fool.

How convenient. If that's none of our business, then your story was none of our business, either. If you were still with her "'til death do us part", you would have mentioned that tidbit in the very beginning as a way to strengthen your argument. Since you seem to think "fibbing" is no big deal, I'd lay odds this new information is a prevarication, as well.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/8/2017 10:33:19 AM
No ring yet, eh?

Them salmon sure do get worn down swimming up all those rivers
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/8/2017 10:39:23 AM
Msg 166^^^^........proving you can’t argue with stubborn and/or foolish :)
I don’t read the US forums much now, much less partake but I really hope L2L doesn’t feel the need to press this issue any further in the thread. He’s explained his ‘side’ in a rational mature way (minus the mild name-calling, but I’m guessing that’s born out of frustration)

We have an expression when roughly translated referring to people on high horses having further to fall and more likely to crack their skull open :)

It’s great we all deal with our relationships differently.
I’m quite garrison about guarding my boundaries but a lie about age after I’d come to know an amazing person wouldn’t be fatal to the relationship.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/8/2017 10:47:17 AM
As to WHY L2L's woman felt the need to keep up the charade once it was clear they were going well together ?

I would bet it was similar to msg 120, as in, it probably simply felt good to have someone believe she was younger than her actual age.

Simple vanity.

Sometimes our ego is hard to ignore, eh ? ( said in a Bob and/or Doug Mackenzie voice )
 NewYorker58
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2017 11:02:50 AM
Posting the wrong age is meant to FOOL people. Accepting the lie will indicate that you're okay with lying and being made a fool of. This is not Halloween. No tricking should be involved; no one should be tricked into dating someone.

Fool
verb
trick or deceive (someone); dupe.
 9Pluto
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2017 4:14:31 PM

it probably simply felt good to have someone believe she was younger than her actual age.
Simple vanity.

Disagree. The way Laugh planted the situation, she did not want to give up control of the narrative, and she did not trust him for a year into whatever sort of arrangement or relationship they had. She has zero credibility and fabricated a universe to live in of alternate fact. However, Laugh claims that the lie was unimportant to him, which is subjective - not open for debate - since we can't force him to feel angry if he doesn't feel that way.

If he chooses empathy and indifference, that's his right. But, we can have an opinion of people creating alternate facts and their enablers. Trouble is, everyone creates alternate facts to some extent. The case also exhibits a double standard which may be disturbing to people who have been the victim of liars and see Laugh contributing innocently to the problems in society. She reminds me a lot of Brian Williams, the liar news anchor who kept the war deception going. Or Charlie Sheen, who kept the AIDS deception going.

The good news about the woman was that she was able to admit her lie, take responsibility for it, and tell him why she did it: so she could deceitfully date other men besides him, before, and seemingly, during their relationship. The admission is more than can be said for most liars.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/8/2017 4:27:46 PM
"she did not want to give up control of the narrative, and she did not trust him for a year into whatever sort of arrangement or relationship they had"

Speculation, you don't know for sure.

As the author of msg 120 I can only go by personal experience. I could've fessed up to my bandmates once I trusted that it wouldn't matter. But I didn't because I liked the idea that they believed I was 5 years younger than I was.

Bandmates may not be the same as an SO but ego is ego
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/8/2017 5:04:08 PM

(AT) Thing is, Wilbur, I know that I'm an obnoxious, over-bearing ass; but, I *OWN* that, and I *SELL* it with every post..

(TPoYD) Sell it? I believe you mean desperately overselling it, in hopes someone will be impressed.

Nope. Meant what I said, said what I meant, Wilbur. Some people find me a delight; others find me an ass (often, the same person feels both simultaneously...). Couldn't care less. Nice try, but an epic fail. I get the distinct impression that you've heard that before, and often...

(AT) he says her appearance easily substantiated her claim, and I believe him.

(TPoYD) baaaaahahahaha, yeah. Because we've seen just how much honesty means to him!

When did he deceive?

(TPoYD) Do yourself a favor and retire the "look at me, I'm so smart!" schtick.

It's not a "schtick". I'm not the least bit sorry that you find wit and intelligence in others to be intimidating. But, I suppose I *DO* feel a little guilty for showing you to be the dolt you are in front of your "We love our little Piggy-Wiggy!" fan club. But then again, if you didn't want to be shown to be a dim-witted ass, you wouldn't have tried engaging me in a battle of wits less than half-armed, Wilbur...

(halcyon_skies) If your "loving" relationship with this age liar was so great, why are you not still with her?

(Laughing-Guy) Because we don't practice ancient burial practices, when they buried companions in their grave sites as well, you fool.

(halcyon_skies) Since you seem to think "fibbing" is no big deal, I'd lay odds this new information is a prevarication, as well.

Given your extensive (*sknerk*) knowledge of gambling, I would advise against that...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/9/2017 2:57:07 AM

Given your extensive (*sknerk*) knowledge of gambling, I would advise against that...

You actually think I'd follow your advice???

You'd better get those fillings replaced ASAP. All that mercury has started to damage your brain.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/9/2017 3:58:34 AM

(AT) Given your extensive (*sknerk*) knowledge of gambling, I would advise against that...

(halcyon_skies) You actually think I'd follow your advice???

You should. I don't often grant others the boon of profiting from my vast intelligence gratis, so if you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd stow that fresh mouth of yours, and just do it...

You're welcome, BTW.

(halcyon_skies) You'd better get those fillings replaced ASAP. All that mercury has started to damage your brain.

Altered states of consciousness get no respect...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2017 3:47:38 PM

She told him why she did it, and he told us what she had told him. Clearly, her course of action was dictated by *FEAR* (of loneliness, being overlooked -- whatever), and *NOT* logic, Spock.

She was trying to make a logical connection about it, that's the point (emotively driven). She did the trick of giving an explanation that fits Another situation, not the one you're in. She said it was because less guys would write her online; she couldn't get the chance to meat them. Well, that's more understandable, but it was a A Year in an Established Relationship. That's fine if she said that on Date #1/#2/#3... but a year being BF/GF? No, that doesn't apply. So she actually Didn't tell him why she didn't tell him after they met. Only why that was her 10yrs-lower-age on her Profile.

Wait....you're here complaining because a guy lied about his age...is STILL younger than you and you LIED about your age in your profile?!?!?!?!

Wait, did she (OP)? I understand when the guy's Still younger than you even though he put an even younger profile age, that the OP shouldn't get riled up at all -- especially when he said that in his *1st* message to her. But where did she say she fibbed about her age in the profile?

unless he's so violent he's been in jail during that time. Then again, after a year, I've probably figured she's the type to prefer the axe murderers.

Yeah. 1 year later, "Oh, btw, my ex is getting out of jail next week. He was in for domestic abuse," would alarm me. But I wouldn't last 1 year with a gal if she desired axe murderers, in the end. If she preferred annoying guys with a big porn collection? Yeah, I'd be in like Flynn.

Meanwhile, at my age, most broads are wearing a bra that lies about the location of their b00bs :)

Or wearing jeans that gives the misconception about the size of their waist. Gals have more leeway about changing the #s when it comes to stuff in relation to attraction. Guys are Hissed at when anything like that is applied by them. :)

to be fair, he was with her for several years. That enough takes away any default assumption that it was an age-thing. Not to say that it couldn't have played an underlying role... but several years is enough to say that the age-thing, especially when he just shrugged off that she's been lying about her age for a year, was a sticking point in a breakup. Plenty of other reasons why just about anyone breaks up after years together. But hey, maybe it was more of a fruitful but casual relationship and it hit the "super serious or bust" point.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you meet someone whose profile says they are 10 years younger than they actually are?