Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dragoninrain
Msg: 77
OK< a challenge on the weight thing....Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
What a load of codswallop!

As in anything in life.. it is now the size of the person. It's the personality.

On this site, there is a lovely man I was lived with for 3 years and almost 10 years later am STILL a very good friend. (As matter of fact, he unhid his profile so I could link this posting to his profile http://www.plentyoffish.com/member1593020.htm )... Hmmmmm.. VaderO.. sorry, dear (won't use your real name here.. It's more than "a few pounds".. love you dearly.)

When I met him.. online.. we exchanged emails, spoke on the phone every day (sometimes several times a day) for quite a while before we met. I'd never seen a picture of him.. I don't recall if I asked. The first time I laid eyes on him.. there came to be a response, in my mind, about his size and demeanour (that same word became and still is a word used to express my loving thoughts of him). The shell that encloses him doesn't do credit to the wonderful, beautiful, loving, honest, caring, extremely intelligent man that he IS (dang.. brought tears to my eyes attempting to find the words to express how wonderful he is.. to me and all those whose life he touches)

If you want "thin, attractive women" then you may as well accept that if that is your defining need of what may make a lovely companion.. in all probability, they will be looking for the same shallow definition of what makes for a "good" prospect. That does seem to be how life works.

As for lying being gender specific... Not bloody likely. It is a human condition to attempt to put ourselves in the best light -- especially when the other person isn't there to speak of their side or POV (point of view). There are people who will lie rather than be truthful (even if it is only from their perspective, their need to be 'liked' by everyone.. or to never be disliked (even for a moment) by anyone.... their loss.. as, IMO, they are not being real and in the moment in their own life) as they have found it easier then speaking their mind.
 10buck2
Msg: 79
OK< a challenge on the weight thing....
Posted: 8/5/2006 11:22:34 AM
ok, so What man would want a big fat woman. If you decide to have sex with her, he would have to roll her in flour and then find the wet spot to know where to enter her with his tool-not matter how big his tool is----
 Dragoninrain
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/6/2006 3:47:04 AM

kame wrote:
Wow~ good post Dragoninrain sort of makes a person view things a bit diffrent .

Not likely to change anyone's POV, kame (as I note so many bent on justifying their choices --- what.. "taking care of their health" (weight can/does change up and down.. up and down.. for many people --- I know of many whose battle against cancer leaves them taking medication which has weight steadily increase.. wtf is anyone to state that is "wrong")
 billrock
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 11:56:14 AM
I agree 100%. My ex would alway say things about what she wanted was on the 'inside' of man. Now she is 45 years old and though we broke up more than a year ago, we still talk, and I still keep getting my hopes up that we might reconcile. I always end up getting hurt though.

Last week she told me she went out to dinner with a hard bodied, 23 year old who just got out of the Marines. Yeah, she's looking on the 'inside' all right - the inside of his underwear!
 lickul8tr
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/13/2006 8:05:05 PM
Sorry, obese men sicken me. HUGE turn off.

U wanted honest, and I will always tell the truth
 andy1961
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 5:51:18 AM
I'll tell you what lickul8tr, at least he has the balls to put a picture of HIMSELF on his profile!

With that stupid angel pic - I'm laughing at the "no pic no reply" on your profile !!!

Your case dismissed !!

Next.
 Funme40
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/14/2006 6:22:40 AM
I read all the replies to this post. What puzzle me is that most women will claim that they don’t mind the extra weight ect. Yet, I’m 99% sure that the OP is still single and looking to this date! Sadly, I can only come to one conclusion. Hypocrites! That’s all most who posted on here are. Liars as well! Let’s face it for God’s sake. Unless you’re a 9 on the look scale, you’re doomed to be alone. That’s where it stops! I’ve never encounter so many shallow people in my entire life as I did since I first joined this site years ago. I wish I could see a site only dedicated to overweight people. Wouldn’t that be nice? They would all be equal and wouldn’t have to go trough so much rejection. Remember that I can call people on here hypocrites. The last person I was with was a size 22. She’s a wonderful person and not blinded by stupid prejudices unlike all the skinny idiots I dated before.
 Funme40
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/14/2006 6:34:03 AM
Sorry Capt, but here’s the situation. Women in their 30’s and 40’s who are still in decent physical shape represent a minority. It really seems to get to them to an extreme. They seem to believe that because they can still wear a bikini that they can afford to be so picky, only focus on physical appearance, well, combine with everything else such as personality and all. As a result they can’t find anyone. When they do, they come back and claim that they were played by ***holes. The thing they don’t get is that men who are very popular will also feel the same as they do and always look for better as well. As a result, they never gain anything but frustration. Their inability to think clear and use good judgement makes them idiots IMO.
 vhdc
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/14/2006 9:17:11 AM
Being healthy has nothing to do with ones attraction, or perceived attractions. I put a lot of effort into my health and want someone who does the same. We tend to surround ourselves with "like-minded" people. Why would I be attracted to a man who is unable to keep up with activity level? or, who is not interested in his own well being?
 Funme40
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/14/2006 9:49:48 AM
Again, I hear all these “good reasons” for justifying being so focused on the weight issue. I maintain that this is plain hypocrisy. Obese people are plan repulsive and ugly? So be it! At least admit it instead of finding all kind of stupid excuses that no one but yourselves believe. I’m a healthcare professional but still not shallow with the weight thing. I’m not obese and still not shallow about it. I met overweight people who could follow me in most activities. I have an extreme dislike for hypocrites, but even worse, shallow hypocrites, sorry.
 Funme40
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/14/2006 9:50:11 AM
Again, I hear all these “good reasons” for justifying being so focused on the weight issue. I maintain that this is plain hypocrisy. Obese people are plan repulsive and ugly? So be it! At least admit it instead of finding all kind of stupid excuses that no one but yourselves believe. I’m a healthcare professional but still not shallow with the weight thing. I’m not obese and still not shallow about it. I met overweight people who could follow me in most activities. I have an extreme dislike for hypocrites, but even worse, shallow hypocrites, sorry. However, for those, it's their lost!
 vhdc
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/14/2006 1:57:38 PM
Far from hypocrisy. Attraction is an initial physiological reaction to another being (call it lust or, pheromones) from there you can find other attributes (usually starting in the brain). What I find attractive the next woman may not. With that being said, I want the person who lives with the brain (that I find attractive) to be interested in their own health and be able to hike out of a canyon.
 lickul8tr
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/14/2006 4:55:17 PM
My reply has nothing to do with my not having a pic. He wanted a truthful answer and I provided my personal opinion. Obesity, male or female is disgusting to me and is the biggest turn off. I am not talking a lil extra cushion but OBESE.

So he posted a pic. Even if he dint, my answer would not change, I would not date a huge person. I am not attracted to rolls of fat.
 andy1961
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 5:36:01 PM
lickul8tr, lets face it, he had the courage regardless of his size to put a picture up - you dont!

How many "a few pounds overweight" are you ? Because we cant see you - we know what you are looking for! - but we cant see you!

Why?

(Silly question eh?)
 lynxiegrl
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/14/2006 6:12:44 PM
Alonenow and Ace, both of you sound like great guys to date. If you lived in Michigan, I would definately go out with ethier of you! Alonenow, your list wasn't offensive to me at all and sounds well thought out. Ace, I know it is extremely frustrating finding suitible people on these sites,( I belong to all of the free ones I could find.) But you just got to try to have faith that you will find someone. Good Luck to you both! Sarina
 andy1961
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 8:43:18 PM
Aye aye capn', I am with you all the way on your "a few extra pounds" no picture usually

means it'a a lie theory.

Dont care what all you gorgeous, ugly, fat, thin, grotesque, (or what ever the hell you look like) people with NO pictures say you look like!!! Just give us a picture and WE wiil decide what you look like!!

Hats off to Ace, he has a picture up, so best of luck to him !!!

The capn's rules "no pic no reply" dem the rules !!!
 Ron9
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/24/2006 12:53:06 PM
Ok - now ...............

Lets talk about all the hot chicks that won’t date us old farts lol
 Ron9
Msg: 126
Posted: 11/24/2006 4:54:03 PM
Any nice looking female that is under about 45 is just eye candy to me. I don’t have any interest in them in any other terms.

So ........ a hot chick (to me) would be a gal over about 45 that is in shape.

We get use to certain types - my ex wife just turned 47 - we were married 17 years. She is the oldest female I’ve ever been around. I got “dumped” into the single’s scene three years ago (right out of the blue) and found a good sized percent of the females I could be interested in are “these days” (45-55) are looking for guys much younger than they are. So ........ they are now just like me lol. Once I see that - it drops them off my radar screen.

I (like your daughter) don’t get older guys making fools out of themselves sniffing around real young gals - it is almost comical lol. I have two step daughters (25 and 27) even that age group (their friends) are about 20 years too young lol.
 Ron9
Msg: 127
OK a challenge on the weight thing....
Posted: 11/24/2006 4:54:46 PM
Oops
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/24/2006 5:05:11 PM
I am not so sure that you should be upset that many women won't
date you because you are supersize, and not just overweight by
50lbs or so.
People do have preferences, and one of them is probably not a
person who is so heavy that they cannot even go on hikes or
they get winded going up a flight of steps.
What is it you don't get?
 Ron9
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/26/2006 12:28:19 PM
Read up atouchoftink - message 186
 mcbobly
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2007 6:43:23 PM
You totally nailed that one Ace, great thread. I have 'many' female friends that tell me as well as the many dates I have been on that I have a great personality, but friends is as far as it can go. I tend to hear, after the date and see the "Dear John" email, "you're a great guy and it's me, not you-really, but I just don't see it working" and so I'm like, whatever, I figured it might come to this. But yeah, a dude packing some weight -strictly taboo, a woman packing some extra, "seems" a lot more acceptable.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >