Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lynxiegrl
Msg: 119
OK< a challenge on the weight thing....Page 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Alonenow and Ace, both of you sound like great guys to date. If you lived in Michigan, I would definately go out with ethier of you! Alonenow, your list wasn't offensive to me at all and sounds well thought out. Ace, I know it is extremely frustrating finding suitible people on these sites,( I belong to all of the free ones I could find.) But you just got to try to have faith that you will find someone. Good Luck to you both! Sarina
 andy1961
Msg: 122
view profile
History
OK< a challenge on the weight thing....
Posted: 9/14/2006 8:43:18 PM
Aye aye capn', I am with you all the way on your "a few extra pounds" no picture usually

means it'a a lie theory.

Dont care what all you gorgeous, ugly, fat, thin, grotesque, (or what ever the hell you look like) people with NO pictures say you look like!!! Just give us a picture and WE wiil decide what you look like!!

Hats off to Ace, he has a picture up, so best of luck to him !!!

The capn's rules "no pic no reply" dem the rules !!!
 Ron9
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/24/2006 12:53:06 PM
Ok - now ...............

Lets talk about all the hot chicks that won’t date us old farts lol
 Ron9
Msg: 126
Posted: 11/24/2006 4:54:03 PM
Any nice looking female that is under about 45 is just eye candy to me. I don’t have any interest in them in any other terms.

So ........ a hot chick (to me) would be a gal over about 45 that is in shape.

We get use to certain types - my ex wife just turned 47 - we were married 17 years. She is the oldest female I’ve ever been around. I got “dumped” into the single’s scene three years ago (right out of the blue) and found a good sized percent of the females I could be interested in are “these days” (45-55) are looking for guys much younger than they are. So ........ they are now just like me lol. Once I see that - it drops them off my radar screen.

I (like your daughter) don’t get older guys making fools out of themselves sniffing around real young gals - it is almost comical lol. I have two step daughters (25 and 27) even that age group (their friends) are about 20 years too young lol.
 Ron9
Msg: 127
OK a challenge on the weight thing....
Posted: 11/24/2006 4:54:46 PM
Oops
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/24/2006 5:05:11 PM
I am not so sure that you should be upset that many women won't
date you because you are supersize, and not just overweight by
50lbs or so.
People do have preferences, and one of them is probably not a
person who is so heavy that they cannot even go on hikes or
they get winded going up a flight of steps.
What is it you don't get?
 Ron9
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/26/2006 12:28:19 PM
Read up atouchoftink - message 186
 mcbobly
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2007 6:43:23 PM
You totally nailed that one Ace, great thread. I have 'many' female friends that tell me as well as the many dates I have been on that I have a great personality, but friends is as far as it can go. I tend to hear, after the date and see the "Dear John" email, "you're a great guy and it's me, not you-really, but I just don't see it working" and so I'm like, whatever, I figured it might come to this. But yeah, a dude packing some weight -strictly taboo, a woman packing some extra, "seems" a lot more acceptable.
 wisdomboobs
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/25/2008 7:51:13 PM
Ok, to me any woman can be hot or not. Its not much about the weight. U can b skinny or 100 lbs overweinght and still b beautiful. I tend to like average to curvy best but I have seen plenty of hot skinny women. Must we all be sooo selective, put our standards so high we will never find anyone? Not me. I wont settle for just anyone but everyone has their faults and if u find someone u can deal with then be thankful. Life is short. Thanks for listening.
 dollface2_25
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 11:03:20 AM
actually..my friends and i prefer larger men...maybe its the protecter thing...i am no twiggy...i want a solid guy with meet on his bones..something i can really hold on to..i dont want no stick man..who will blow away in a puff of wind...but large or small..there has to be an initial attraction there...and we all know when we look at someone..if there is some kind of attraction..where you want to know this person better..i also prefer tall men....not because i have anything against short men..but because i am almost 5' 7"..and want a guy who is taller than my self happy fishing..
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 11:14:55 AM
I love a bigger guy.
I have dated both a Gym rat body builder and a tall thin lanky guy and all things in between. I prefer a big guy but I am not going to exclude the rest.
Attitude is what is important and speaks volumes about a mans character.
And yours is screaming at us, and it ain't too pretty.
Your parameters are way too tight.
A certain color of eyes, c'mon Dude. Be for real.
Basically if your search is so restricted you wouldn't date yourself, you need to step out of the box a bit.
You are doing the exact same thing you are blaming the tall thin women of doing to you, by excluding based on the color of someones eyes and hair.
You need to practice what you preach.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 11:23:30 AM
Brother, come on. You list several preferences that you like tall, hirstute, Brunette... You seem to understand when it comes to what you want and are attracted to. Why can you not understand when they want what they want.
That said, I'll tell you, I ain't skinny. I carry a belly. But what is far far more attractive to most women is how you carry your self. Your profile set up tells alot about you. If you came across as more confident and with more to offer than your physical issues then you would be more succsessful.
There will always be women (and men) that are not interested in someone that is not athletic. Cool, then I am not for them. Ther will be women that are not into tall guys or black guys. Cool, I am not for them. You can't be everything to everyone. But you should try to play up your strengths instead of lament your weaknesses.
 TitusBreast
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/27/2008 12:21:40 PM
I've always found 'Heavy D's' to be fine as hell. Most (definitely not ALL, by the way), represent comfort, adequate food, and hot sex. I'm in love with a much older and portly gentleman with amazing eyes, teeth, etc.; an overall extremely handsome fellow.
He's got a great bod I'd love to be with naked in his palace. I'm willing to bet he's got a gigantic c0ck, and just hasn't had the pleasure of me...YET!! Oh God, I hope I run into him real SOON!! He's so fine! Love, Titus
 drummerguy99
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 10:40:29 PM
I feel the same way. A lot of girls turn down bigger guys, it dosn't make sense . Ive always gone for whats inside not out some women just need to wake up and realize that.
 meekaxoxo
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 2:48:39 PM
I find this thread interesting since i'm 5 feet 6 inches and 120lbs with big breast and small waist... I LOVE LOVE LOVE a few extra pounds on my man... and Infact I had some of the best sex with my ex who was a very big/tall guy weeewwww wee, I get ta shaking just thinking about him wow!

anyway, I'm on this website looking for a great guy just as well as a woman who is heavy and feel insecure. It all comes down to personality and connection... I don't care what you look like you can be a GQ model if your conversation is blah, blah, blah and your colonge is too strong than I'm not attracted.

That's my two cents!

:o)
 DragonBits
Msg: 165
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:39:47 AM

I find this thread interesting since i'm 5 feet 6 inches and 120lbs with big breast and small waist... I LOVE LOVE LOVE a few extra pounds on my man... and Infact I had some of the best sex with my ex who was a very big/tall guy weeewwww wee, I get ta shaking just thinking about him wow!

My first GF was 5.7 and 160 lbs., which is 2 inches taller and 20 lbs. heavier than I am. We were together for 10 years, and it was some of the best sex of my life until I got married recently. My next long term GF was 5.2 and 105 and 9 years older than me, it was a very passionate relationship. My wife is 5.1 and 120lbs. In many physical ways they are quite different, but in personality and character they are similar, and that is what is important to me.

IMO people think just because person A is BBW or thin, tall or short, that means person B must be just like person A only because they have similar body types.

One of the biggest problem in relationships is many people assume everyone is the same as their last best or worst relationship, few seem capable of being able to accept people as unique individuals and not anything like other person they knew previously.

But you have a great figure and I used to work in Reston, VA and live in McLean, very upscale area and many desirable men / women live there, I expect you have plenty of choices.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/30/2012 4:45:31 PM
I'm not saying this to hurt yur feelings, but, if you need to drop 100lbs like you say, a thin woman isn't going to want to date you. Good luck finding a hairy woman, many Europeans don't shave, but here in the US, that's unusual. I fall off the excercise wheel sometimes, but I always get back on. I have a 5lb weight limit, & as soon as I hit that, I'm back to working out before it gets out of control. I wake up an hour earlier than I have to, at 4:30 am to walk my a$$ off on the treadmill. When a person works hard to look good, they expect their partner to do the same or at least not be grossly over weight.
You have a specific woman in mind, good luck, I hope you find her, maybe there's a website that has thin hairy ladies who like over weight guys...
 jaromeo024
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2012 1:57:32 AM
Truth is women have lists of what they are looking for. Just look at the profiles on this site. We would like to believe that people that are compatible with us fit into some kind of superficial box. Physical first impression is usually the way will will gauge potential mates. As much as I would like to believe people are looking for desireable personality traits. ie. Respect, loyalty, honesty, empathy, etc. The first thing we base potential out of i usually superficial. This is what we are taught from very young. To focus on the physical qualities first. Take it from a male that is 5'6" 135lbs. I get written off just as fast as someone that is overweight. Not may women consider a male shorter or that weigh less than them desirable. We live in a very superficial world where the external means more to most than the character.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/2/2012 5:10:27 AM
I can't stand the hypocrisy. I have been chatting with a woman in Florida who I bond with on an emotional level, but sadly I am just not physically attracted to. I started to tell this to my sister, and she got mad at me for not looking past it. Well sis, just how many of the men you married weren't physically attractive? That's right, zero!
 DragonBits
Msg: 172
Posted: 10/2/2012 8:13:52 AM
^^^
Well sis, just how many of the men you married weren't physically attractive?

Just how many men has your sister married?
 JoeBnD
Msg: 173
Posted: 10/2/2012 8:24:07 AM
3 - the first was an ass, the second was great but died from cancer, and she is with the 3rd now.
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2012 1:01:25 PM
This is one of those topics that will go on and on with no set answer that will satisfy everyone. Every person has their own limitations as to what they will consider attractive. Personally my preference lies somewhere between althetic and BBW, but not quite either. I like a woman who has a figure, but not so large as to be unhealthy. That's pretty much where I fall also in the body style category. I'm a chubby fella but I keep a fair bit of muscle beneath the padding by going to the gym off and on. To me that's what matters more than anything. I can be attracted to a woman who is overweight as long as she isn't morbidly obese and can carry her weight comfortably. A pretty face and a nice smile can go a long ways toward making up for a few extra pounds! Now, if I could just find a nice lady of similar mind......
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 175
Posted: 10/3/2012 3:27:38 PM
Once you try dating different body types your preference might change. Mine did.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >