Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 278
The feel good threadPage 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Well that's the top five -
- tired now...........
night night.......

vlad dracul
Msg: 279
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 4/21/2018 7:46:21 AM
What a nice week it has been in Prefab Dracul.

Picked up a nice job for next week. Got a call yesterday saying the dorset job kicks off on the 7th may.

Not content with paying me back £3,318.08p the royal bank of Scotland have sent ANOTHER letter telling me they are due me an additional £345.46p.

Just back from the football where we spoiled the party the great unwashed plastic paddies were going to have.
We played rather well and the 2-1 score flatters them.

Neil Lennons green and white army.

And tomorrow is a day on the drink and listening to some sports speakers. My mate is having his companies (belated) crimbo day out. Full meal as well as a good guzzle.

Then up town at night.

So happy days for me.

Toodle pip
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 280
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 4/23/2018 3:25:08 AM
Short but enjoyable weekend. I organised a party for our group in a recording studio on Saturday night. The studio is on the industrial site I've been at for the last 12 years but only recently found it was there. It has a few practice rooms, a small bar and a full setup of stage and lights in the recording studio itself. All the partitions move to create an intimate space. Just like the clubs of my youth it is not at its best in
daylight but looks great a night. we even had a lightening show through the patio doors to help the lighting effects. great band and food provided by the guests.

Sunday was a too early start. Change of pace with a canal trip in the Brecons skirting the edge of the hills.

Back to work today. Can't be bothered.
 Jacknher
Msg: 281
The feel good thread
Posted: 4/23/2018 4:49:09 AM
And this bought a smile to my face this morning.

Australian headline...... 12 YEAR OLD FLIES TO BALI ALONE AFTER ARGUMENT WITH HIS MUM.

Gotta admire the little darling's ingenuity. Apparently he "borrowed" his parents credit card, tricked his gran into giving him his passport......and did the rest on his smartphone and by avoiding airline staff and going through self service check-ins.
Garuda wouldn't let him fly unaccompanied so he got a refund and tried Qantas. Qantas wouldn't let him fly alone so he tried Jetstar and bingo they let anyone 12 years and over fly International unaccompanied. he also got an early check-in at the hotel in Bali by telling them his older sister was joining him.

His Gran says he is too brainy for his own good and his Mum saying he doesn't like being said "No" too. But both say he is normally a great kid with a good heart. Apparently he has always been "a runner" though and first packed his bags when he was 2.......but obviously managed to get a bit further this time.
Sydney to Perth.......Perth to Bali......and then had himself a 4 day adventure in Bali......before they and the authorities tracked him down and his Mum was able to hop a plane and go get him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boy-12-stole-mums-credit-12404689

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/australia-boy-family-credit-card-fly-bali-mother-argument-travel-alone-missing-a8317531.html
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 282
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:46:58 AM
Feeling good? I organised a skittles event with one of the other groups in Worcester, we met halfway. It was a great evening and one which perked me up a bit. Afterwards though I read a couple of comments on the other groups site suggesting that we hadn't done enough to help sticking the skittles back up. I did ask our lot to have a go and as far as I'm concerned we did. Butthe chap who did the most of it is in both groups ad so these people reckoned it was one sided. I'm not going to let it get me down and I did point out that there's more to it than just sticking the pins up. We organised the whole thing, bought the prizes, produced the entry list, marked up the board, did the scoring throughout, took the money from everyone and paid the pub.

I'm not going to let it get me down but I do wonder at people having such a blinkered outlook.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 283
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 4/30/2018 7:01:12 AM
Anyway, we will do it again.

Life is tough in the kitchen business this year. I've even gotten to applying for few jobs, I don't need this hassle for bugger all anymore. But today, finally, a customer has come in to confirm an order which ith the other small jobs will take me through the enxt 3 months financially. Phew. But if someone offers me a decent job............................
 Jacknher
Msg: 284
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/8/2018 11:45:53 AM
Well off on my hols tomorrow so waiting outside the dentist to pick my son up so we could head over into Durham to buy enough of the heavier and bulkier type of groceries (2 litre soft drink bottles frozen pizzas etc etc) to keep him from wasting away while I am gone.
He is quite capable of getting groceries but as he doesn't drive I thought I'd make life easier for him by stocking up on the heavy stuff.

Anyway.....sitting there and it's quite a nnarrow stretch of road.....and my car gets clipped by another car and the drivers side mirror ended up broken and dangling by its wires.
It was raining and by the time I regained my wits and started the engine and the windscreen wipers....the other car was too far away to read it's number plate.

I reached out the window and clipped it all back into place. And a few minutes later the red car turns up again. Bloke gets out and asks if he had clipped my car....and he looks at the mirror and asks if he had broken it.

Turns out he is a mechanic and is going to order a new mirror and put it in for me. So that is today's happy outcome.
 Hostess68
Msg: 285
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/8/2018 4:52:26 PM
That is a very lovely outcome! I hate all things motorised as many of you know so good for him!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 286
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/9/2018 1:54:56 AM
What an unexpected result. Enjoy your holiday.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 287
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/9/2018 6:51:14 AM
My next door neighbour has just shown me a Robin`s nest with 4 very lively youngsters in chirping away..

That was quite a good feeling...
 squareslice
Msg: 288
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/13/2018 5:07:35 AM
Here's a wee downer. Ah'm back after some taunt got me forcibly evicted.
Beautiful sunny day in Belfast but, alas, heading home soon
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 289
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/13/2018 2:19:23 PM
Just wanted to say that it does feel good to see young squareslice back with us again after his un expected departure...

Welcome back young man :-)

Bryan
 NewYorker58
Msg: 290
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/13/2018 3:59:59 PM
80°f, finally nice weather, while I'm sitting in my yard with my dog and my parrot, watching crows chase bald eagles away from their crow nests.
 squareslice
Msg: 291
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/13/2018 4:02:09 PM
Young? Ah'm decrepit!
Ach well... no long til season is in full swing... nae daein rain dances you lot!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 292
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 5/31/2018 10:29:38 AM
Well pishing down with rain most of the day but this gadgie here got a good shift in. Dorset is nearly done and a nice wedge waiting on me when done.

Then off to essex where i shall get enough cash for a new passport.

Passport i hear you cry? Why would you need a passport?

Why yes. The famous Edinburgh Hibees have qualified for europe so a passport is a must.

Got the first wedge from the plevin ruling but that nearly be gone. But i shall buy a nice Ardbeg when i get hame and drink a toast to chapster.

Nice job to price when i get hame.

ANOTHER plevin ruling cheque should be in the hoose when i get yam.

And tonight?

I'm just getting ready to go to Napoleans for a few beers.

Catch VD in Lymington Road tonight.
 squareslice
Msg: 293
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/2/2018 3:57:29 AM
Home to my own cot for a few days.
Bliss.
Just did 3 weeks straight of 12 hour shifts in the grounds of Scone Palace. Download at Donnington next week... god help my feet!

Hope yer all behavin yersels
 10ky
Msg: 294
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/2/2018 7:08:46 AM
Hi square. Long time. Ps: you're better off putting on your usual pictures than this one. This is 'too revealing'.
 Hostess68
Msg: 295
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/3/2018 3:09:48 PM
On Tuesday I will be celebrating my 50th. Lots of friends and family around me for a nice meal at my fav restaurant. Time after with a good friend I haven't seen in ages since she moved far away years ago but has taken the time and money to enjoy my birthday with me. Happy
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 296
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/4/2018 2:19:52 AM
50! Bloody youngster!

Have a great one.

RoxyMoronic
Msg: 297
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/4/2018 4:41:58 AM
Happy Birthday Hostess....it’s all downhill from here.
 squareslice
Msg: 298
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/4/2018 10:12:34 AM
Happy birthday for tomorrow young lady. Wishing it early cos will be be going to deepest, darkest Leicestershire for a wee quiet few days at Donington.

Will, no doubt, get loads o practise again at putting fuktards into recovery position... happy days...
 Jacknher
Msg: 299
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/4/2018 12:14:33 PM
Happy Birthday for tomorrow Hostess.....you are still a bairn compared to some of us (me mainly). Hope you enjoy your meal out with friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywbc-HztBgs
 hey_suze
Msg: 300
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/4/2018 1:12:58 PM
Happy birthday, have fun 😊
 Hostess68
Msg: 301
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/4/2018 1:40:39 PM
Thank you for my birthday wishes xxxxx
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 302
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/5/2018 12:56:38 AM
Hi there Hostess,

Just a short note to wish you a very Happy 50th Birthday.

Hope you have the best time ever on your special day :-)

Bryan
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread