Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hostess68
Msg: 301
view profile
History
The feel good threadPage 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
REALLY good day! Did a new tour - think I got my facts right.
Got my annual pay rise better than expected.
Got my annual bonus, also better than expected.
Got my annual allowance of booze!
Happy days!
 Jacknher
Msg: 302
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/17/2018 1:18:03 AM
Congrats on your great day Hostess
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 303
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/26/2018 10:27:22 AM
Isn’t this weather lovely
 squareslice
Msg: 304
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/26/2018 4:00:32 PM
Looking forward to TRNSMT now

Isle of Wight was brilliant apart fae thon baw bag Liam Gallagher... he makes 10lube seem sane!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 305
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/27/2018 2:21:36 AM
festival's aren't my scene but I did watch some Liam on the Radio 2 festival the other week. I couldn't believe the nonsense he was singing and an awful lot of it was dirge

I need to be myself
I can't be no one else
I'm feeling supersonic
Give me gin and tonic
You can have it all but how much do you want it?
You make me laugh
Give me your autograph
Can I ride with you in your BMW?
You can sail with me in my yellow submarine
You need to find out
'Cause no one's gonna tell you what I'm on about
You need to find a way for what you want to say
But before tomorrow
'Cause my friend said he'd take you home
He sits in a corner all alone
He lives under a waterfall
Nobody can see him
Nobody can ever hear him call
Nobody can ever hear him call
You need to be yourself
You can't be no one else
I know a girl called Elsa
She's into Alka Seltzer
She sniffs it through a cane on a supersonic train
And she makes me laugh
I got her autograph
She done…

Really? The thing is, the crowd new all the words.
 squareslice
Msg: 306
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/27/2018 8:29:11 AM
yet claims not to be Beatle inspired.

I have pics of Dave Gahan on stage... where's Pauline cos took them for her!

IoW was a great gig. Restored my faith in humanity (a wee bit) See how it goes in my home town next... TRNSMT
 squareslice
Msg: 307
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/28/2018 3:34:54 AM
Here's summat for Pauline, should she ever resurface

https://s5.postimg.cc/v4i6mf1kn/20180623_222358_1.jpg

In order to avoid 10lube, no more than 2 shots a day at the wee prick are allowed.
Wish tae **** he would stop trying to be a total prick n be happy at just a normal prick
 NewYorker58
Msg: 308
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 6/28/2018 1:38:24 PM
It's cherry season, and it looks to be a good one! I love cherries! They happen to be grown in Washington state, where I live🍒
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 309
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/9/2018 8:09:29 AM
Apparently you lot up in scotlandshire had some cloud today - could we have some please?

We went on the "step back to the Forties" event on the Sevrn Valley Railway. I've been for the last 4 years, great fun. The SVR is a restored steam railway line from Bridgenorth through to Kidderminster. They put this on every year, There are loads of re-enacters at each station, lots of people dress up in WW2 uniforms and clothing, There are demonstrations and displays and of course the choo choo trains.

Afterwards I felt the need for a sundae. Asking google maps where the nearest one was it came up with one just half a mile away from the station car park. It is called Pudz. I don't think it is a chain but seems to be run by some youngsters giving it a reall good go. Prices seemed al ittle steep but when the choices came the servings were more than generous. I had Minty Melt which was Frys Mint Chocolate flavour ice cream with lumps of minty chocolate and honeycomb, caramel sauce, chocolate melt and crunchy bits of top. A great surprise to end the day.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 310
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/12/2018 11:15:08 PM
Good morning to all..

I`m hoping that I`ve put this post in the right thread and I`m sure if not you`ll all be queuing up to re educate me..

So today 13th of July 2018 is my 47th birthday and I feel not just good but fantastic..

I just thought I`d share that with the group...

Bryan
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 311
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/13/2018 12:27:45 AM
Aww Happy Birthday young pup!

Friday 13th......thank goodness it isn’t Tuesday
Have a super birthday Bryan :)
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 312
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/13/2018 12:32:54 AM
Hey there Roxy,

Thanks so much for your lovely post.

Turns out that my 50th in 3 years time will fall on a Tuesday due to me been actually born on a Tuesday back in July 1971...Time flies when your having fun :-)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 313
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/13/2018 1:05:24 AM
Happy Birthday to a very, very nice man. Enjoy.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you must post longer birthday greetings...............

very,very long greetings indeed
 Jacknher
Msg: 314
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/13/2018 4:39:59 AM
Happy Birthday Mr Bus-man.
Hope you have a lovely day and a chance to get out and celebrate this evening. It's almost sunny a wee bit north or you.....hope its a good one in Yorkshire too. :) :)
 Hostess68
Msg: 315
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/13/2018 6:32:04 AM
Happy Birthday dear man xx
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 316
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/14/2018 2:10:43 AM
Hello and good morning to you all from a very very hot and sunny Altofts ( West Yorkshire ),

Thanks so much for all the really nice birthday wishes that you sent, I had the best time ever yesterday.

So its good to report that I`ve still got the feel good factor...

Bryan
 billybonds
Msg: 317
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/14/2018 4:27:50 AM
Lovely Bryan, happy birthday and a merry Christmas if I forget . My birthday which I mentioned! was on the eleventh..the day eng.....no one wished me a merry Christmas thingy ...It's ok popularity is overrated . I'd rather be unpopular than popular because it leads to revisionism once one is dead.

Also Bryan probably gets more likes than me because he's not overly opinionated which is a serious black Mark as I see it with uk forum poster of the year coming up .

Latest positions

1 me
2 me
3 you guessed it...
4 Roxy
5 me
6 just me

1 millionth .. Bryan from bloody altofts!!! Which sounds elitist!!!! So much for forum popularity...
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 318
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/14/2018 4:48:38 AM
..........If you win, I shall demand a recount............
..so there..........

vlad dracul
Msg: 319
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/14/2018 9:00:52 AM
IF this latest poll of polls is correct i DEMAND the vote is held again because i lost. It all falls into place. WHO has been bigging up englandshire in the world cup? And WHERE is the world cup being held?

RUSSIA.

Not only did the russians make brexit happen they also got trump elected. THEN hosted the world cup which has given bondsy so much joy.

So us who want to REMAIN demand a new referendum because we lost .(shut up you auld drunk that was brexit)

"Latest positions

1 me
2 me
3 you guessed it...
4 Roxy
5 me
6 just me"

Right now i like my wee stories in the press now and then. And i have no shame saying i read this in the daily mail. Made me get a wee tear in my yak............

"How DID the elephants we adopted know my husband had suddenly died? Book sheds amazing new light on the profound relationship between man and beast

A year after the elephants arrived, we tried to rescue a fourth female. We’d been alerted to her plight by Dr Marion Garaï, a researcher who has studied elephants for more than 30 years.

This particular one was aged 12. She’d been part of a group of seven orphans, but her owner had got fed up with them and dumped them on various reserves. To Marion’s horror, she discovered that the young elephant had been alone for a whole year — which is comparable to abandoning a 12-year-old human child.

What happened next was shameful: before we could do anything, her owner had auctioned her to the highest bidder, an American hunter.

‘Apparently the hunter’s in a wheelchair, so I suppose a frightened young elephant without a herd to protect her is the only way he’s going to get his trophy,’ said Marion bitterly.

We were devastated.

Here was a young elephant who’d lost her family, not once but twice, who’d been shifted from one reserve to another and condemned to a solitary miserable life — and now her beautiful face was going to end up above some American’s fireplace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5952375/Book-sheds-amazing-new-light-profound-relationship-man-beast.html
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 320
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/14/2018 9:32:03 AM
I read to the end Vlad and had a lump in my throat. I wonder- could it be true?
 Jacknher
Msg: 321
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/14/2018 11:16:56 AM
^^^
I would think the story behind Vlad's link will be true. The husband she is on about in the article is Lawrence Anthony, who was a well respected conservationist and there are 3 books published which he wrote with another chap.

I have been meaning for ages to buy his book called Babylon's Ark. It's about when he went into Iraq during the war to try and save the surviving animals in Baghdad Zoo in the city centre. A lot of the animals had been killed but US soldiers had been trying to help the zoo staff keep the rest alive.
 Jacknher
Msg: 322
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/15/2018 6:46:46 AM
Recent 3-way conversation in our house......

Me to son: Can you come down here and look under the TV unit for me. The dog's determined one of his toys is under there and I can't see it.
Son: (after being face down on the floor to look under the TV unit) "There's nothing there".
Dog: Also looking under the unit, wimpers again "It's there I tell you".
Me to son "Are you sure there's nothing there? He's been driving me mad for two days. Looking under there, then staring at me and whingeing".
Son: looking over the top of the TV and down the back just to make sure "No. There's definitely nothing there".
Dog: paces back and forth and wimpers on again.
Son to dog: "There. Is. Nothing. There. Stop being a pain".
Me: "Maybe we need to pull everything out to make sure. He's melting my head with all the whingeing".
Son and I crab-walk the TV unit further out of the alcove and sure enough one of the dogs squeaky toys is down there

Dog: (5 minutes later, with his toy now safely beside him on the settee). "Dear God these bloody stupid humans take some training".
 kernowmade
Msg: 323
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/16/2018 10:56:35 AM
I had a sensible offer on my house, so hopefully if everything goes to plan I can return to my gorgeous home County, Cornwall
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 324
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/18/2018 12:45:14 AM
I have family in Cornwall, it is a beautiful part of the country.
Ive a video of myself stuck up a tree surrounded by cows, that was in Cornwall.
Thats not the only time I’ve been bullied by cows.
 SquareSlice
Msg: 325
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/21/2018 2:48:23 PM
Got home from Ireland at 4.30am then slept all day in bliss.

Aye, Ah;m back fae yet another deletion... someone needs tae get a grip
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread