Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 342
view profile
History
The feel good threadPage 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Today I feel good because I`ve managed to get the house next door to me for my son to rent..we`ll have the same landlord and we`ll get to see more of each other and I`ll get to see my daughter more too so its win win all ways round..

Oh and I do agree with Square and Aggers with regards to young Hostess`s picture..it sure is awesome..
 SquareSlice
Msg: 343
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/27/2018 2:08:21 PM
Good on ye Bryan.
I'm off to Reading tomorrow for 6 weeks. The Reading festival is a good one.
Noel Fielding was my best meet last year

This year I earned full build n break, hence 6 weeks... then over to Ireland for Electric Picnic.

I get paid for this!!!!!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 344
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/30/2018 11:03:32 AM
It’s a boy!!!
Not mine...no no...not mine
Got my niece and the brand new baby staying at mine.
I’m just so in lurve....that’s right Jackie.....read it and weep.....you had your chance!
 billybonds
Msg: 345
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/30/2018 12:20:27 PM
I was just thinking today whether it was ever going to happen....in July!! You could do worse than billy...:)
Congratulations Roxy xx!!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 346
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/30/2018 12:35:41 PM
Roxy dont listen to bondsy. James is a name with distinction. Now it was a billy who was responsible for the troubles 'over the water' in Norn Ireland.

James was just being a good king.

Anyway can the new born no join the forums? It's like there has been a mass of nothing interesting to post about so everyone has found other things to do.

Anyway congrats to all concerned.

On a more serious note my team the Edinburgh Hibernian Football Club travel to greece for the second leg of our europa league game against astrix tripolis or something on thursday evening. The game is live on premier sports channel.

Which if you have virgin media you are getting for free just now. Tune in and shout the lads on.

We played them at Easter Road last thursday and beat them 3-2.

It ended up a session with myself and my mates black scott and pikey drinking in my hoose after the game and the iona bar had shut.

5 in the morning black scott left and 10.15 when pikey left.

60 years auld and still guzzlin like i did when i was a young laddie.

Anyway I'm a bit lost in my train of thought.

So woo hoo new bairns AND the Hibees.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 347
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/31/2018 7:43:46 AM
Conveniently forgetting that Robert the Bruce invaded Ireland, funny how that always gets brushed over.

Anyway, enjoy Roxy, enjoy.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 348
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 7/31/2018 10:11:33 AM
Ah but WE were invited.

Funny how THAT bit got left out................

"The Bruce campaign was a three-year military campaign by Edward Bruce, brother of the Scottish king Robert the Bruce, in Ireland. It lasted from his landing at Larne in 1315 to his defeat and death in 1318 at the Battle of Faughart in County Louth.

After his victory at the Battle of Bannockburn, Robert decided to expand his war against the English by sending an army under his younger brother Edward to invade Ireland.

Another reason for the expedition was that supporters of the exiled House of Balliol had fled to Ireland after fighting at Bannockburn and remained a dangerous threat.

These men were led by John MacDougall of Lorn, who was the cousin of John III Comyn, Lord of Badenoch, nephew of King John Balliol. The murder of Comyn in 1306 had set off a bloody civil war for the throne of Scotland which King Robert had all but won at Bannockburn and was now attempting to finish by capturing their last remaining stronghold.

Robert was also invited by some of the native Irish to send an army to drive out the Norman settlers and in return they would crown his brother High King of Ireland.

This campaign to revive the High Kingship effectively ended with Edward's defeat and death in the Battle of Faughart in 1318."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_campaign_in_Ireland
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 349
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/1/2018 1:16:07 AM
Lol - "After sacking and burning Kells, Bruce proceeded to do the same to Granard, Finnea, the Cistercian monastery of Abbeylara and raided Angaile (Annaly), the lordship of Gaelic lord O Hanely. Bruce spent Christmas at de Verdon's manor of Loughsewdy, consuming its supplies entirely and before leaving, razing it to the ground. " Nice house guest to have invited around for dinner.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 350
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/1/2018 2:14:58 AM
Chapster

"Lol - "After sacking and burning Kells, Bruce proceeded to do the same to Granard, Finnea, the Cistercian monastery of Abbeylara and raided Angaile (Annaly), the lordship of Gaelic lord O Hanely. Bruce spent Christmas at de Verdon's manor of Loughsewdy, consuming its supplies entirely and before leaving, razing it to the ground. " Nice house guest to have invited around for dinner",

Do you think oliver Cromwell was copying Brucie when he went over the water?

Ollie though did stop his troops from destroying Rosslyn Chapel. Apparently because of the masonic connection.

And who can forget the massacre of Glencoe. When 'king Billy' sent the cam*be**s carried out his orders against the MacDonalds.

The original written order to do so is still around.

And the expression 'never trust a cam*be** is still used to this very day.

So I stand my ground chapster and say James' are more people friendly than 'billys'

Mind and watch the Hibees the morns night.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 351
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/1/2018 2:33:41 AM
As an ex-Brit and now English, I enjoy pointing out that we aren't responsible for everything.

Thread now completely derailed - apologies. What good things have happened to m this week? Well, a few really f****** awkward customers whose expectations outwieigh their listening ability. We're getting there though.

Am pushing on with my driving instructor training but way more slowly than I expected. There have been a few surprises along the way and some of the stuff most of us were taught is no longer spot on.

Got my first exam next Tuesday. Theory and hazard perception.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 352
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/1/2018 8:54:13 AM
Chapster

"As an ex-Brit and now English, I enjoy pointing out that we aren't responsible for everything.

Thread now completely derailed - apologies. What good things have happened to m this week? Well, a few really f****** awkward customers whose expectations outwieigh their listening ability. We're getting there though."

TECHNICALLY it's bondsy wot done it. He mentions billy being a boss name. Alas up here in Jockoland billy has religious/football connotations.

Hence my reply. Yes it was a VERY dubious linkage. But hey ho.

Good days? Well August or should i say the first 10 days in August cost a wee fortune for me. The twins are 7 the morn (one wants a Hibees strip and the other wants a merricks from the other side of town strip). The wee yin is 1 on the 5th. And rat bairn is 30 on the 10th.*

Anyway got a load of work in. The main two jobs are away on holiday so i get a free reign. So i got the materials for 1 job monday afternoon. Done the usual deal. I buy the material, give the customer the receipt then they square me up.

Loaded the job monday night and gave the customer the receipt. She went away on holiday yesterday morning. I arrive. Expecting the materials money to be left.

She left the lot. A nice 4 figure sum. Oh the joy.

All birthdays covered now and shekels to spare.

Bet you could do with a few customers like that chapster eh?

*Rat bairn is getting a few hundred £ cash for her birthday. Her and her merrick supporting boyfriend have hired a camper van and heading to the isle of skye. They managed to get a table at this place. £68 per head for the meal. But hey she's my only bairn so anything i can bung her cash wise is money well spent.

"UK Restaurant of the Year 2018 - The Good Food Guide

BOOK A TABLE BOOK A ROOM

SERVING THE BEST OF SKYE, LAND AND SEA

Welcome to The Three Chimneys, a world-renowned Scottish Restaurant with 5-star Rooms, located on the sea shore of Loch Dunvegan on the Isle of Skye."

https://www.threechimneys.co.uk

Ps I'll no make the twins birthday the morn as i need to push this job on. But the bairn told me that the twins said you do not get a year older unless you have blown the candles out on your birthday cake.

Pps good luck with the exams as well geezer
 Jacknher
Msg: 353
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/1/2018 10:41:06 AM
Your daughter is lucky to have you as a father Vlad.
One of the nicest things about having kids is being able to spoil them occasionally no matter how old they are.
Mine was virtually living in one particular pair of black jeans and they had a hole in the knee. I was out with him one day and found the same black jeans in the same shop.......and he looked worried when I handed him a grey pair and a blue denim pair in his size too. Said he didn't think his bank balance would cover it. I said it was my shout and then hauled him into Sports Direct and got him a decent pair of shoes too.

The feel good bit of this is I have an induction day for my new job tomorrow. It's only part time in the local branch of a well known supermarket....but after being made redundant at the end of June it was nice to get the first job I interviewed for and feel like I wasn't quite ready for the scrap heap after all.

Oh and I'm off to Norn Iron on Sunday for a couple of days away before I rejoin the daily grind.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 354
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/1/2018 12:10:12 PM
"then hauled him into Sports Direct and got him a decent pair of shoes too."

Must have been the only decent pair in the place.............

:) :) :)

RoxyMoronic
Msg: 355
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/1/2018 3:06:39 PM
I like the names William and James
But you know what these youngsters are like.
Thanks for all the good wishes guys :)

Hope the exams went well Chap
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 356
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/9/2018 6:55:21 AM
A bit belated, but I went to the Isle of Wight music festival in June to see Depeche Mode, saw Liam G as well. Only went for the Saturday, probably going to do the whole weekend next year.

Im not really into festivals, have worked more than Ive ever been to but it was impressive, it was well organised, you could buy a bus ticket that got you around the island for 30 quid for the duration. I didn't camp (really not into the whole camping thing either). Stayed in a very cheap and very nice hotel.

Absolutely no blips and people were lovely to me. I was on a bus in Southampton and the driver told me she heard me on the phone and wanted to keep talking as she liked my accent so much (well one blip, I stupidly went with Scottish money and the Southampton taxi driver refused to take it).

Apart from that, Ive just finished a 16 week bootcamp, twice a week, outdoors, which has been much fun given the fact Scotland has seen some sun this year. I started off probably at my most unfit and I feel a lot better for it. It was actually meant to be 12 weeks but they offered us a 4 week extension.

Ten day break and it starts again, the guy who takes it is lovely, but he works you until you squeak. I do Pt with him once a week as well, that block is also almost done. I actually ran 1200m last night as a warm up. (I hate running and I am crap at it). But I would never have been able to do that in week one.

Or pretty much anything else :)
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 357
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/9/2018 5:28:34 PM
I live in a bit of a hick town, and this might sound odd, but I still don't know if Ive actually tried the new Irn Bru or not, the sugar free stuff.

Because the local NISA shop has stuff in well after it gets pulled from sale.

If I have the bottled stuff is rank and the cans are actually ok.

Ive been drinking a lot of irn bru lately, no idea why as I really went off the stuff about 10 years back and was for some time making an attempt to drink water instead.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 358
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/10/2018 6:52:49 AM
My mum knows someone who won a million on the lottery (well they are actually a couple), he won it in a syndicate at work (and he's not given up his job)

I've met them, but she knows them better than me, I actually thought she was winding me up when she phoned me and told me

Actually the same week someone else in the area, a syndicate won on the euro millions

I don't do the lottery but hey ho

I did session 9 of a 10 block of PT. He's actually a really nice guy, he's my bootcamp instructor, but he works you until you squeak.

Im actually ashamed, given that Im a qualified PT myself, that I've turned into a greeting faced idiot. Lots of swearing, lots of saying, Im not doing that, its payback for every single person I have ever trained

But I feel better for it, much better.
 Lorri55
Msg: 359
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/18/2018 5:06:28 AM
Fore !! Golf makes me feel good. The wide open green space, the river that runs through, offering that extra challenge of fishing your ball out again, the sand...memories of building sand castles as a kid...and belting my ball as hard as I can . ...great stress release !
 NellyPhantasist
Msg: 360
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:19:40 PM
Oh noooooo....when people mention golf I get the guilts for letting my golf obsessed mother down by hitting fresh airs during a mother daughter competition at ladies day.

She was furious with me. I'm still really annoyed with my mother, she traumatised me so she did!

How could she be so cruel?????
 Spectrallight
Msg: 361
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/25/2018 6:28:26 AM
My son was here Thursday to Friday. It was good just to chill, catch up, and eat loads of rubbish :)
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 362
The feel good thread
Posted: 8/25/2018 6:50:23 AM
Ive just booked another block of PT, not sure if thats good or not

Last time I got 10 for the price of 8 as there was an offer on but he said he will give me some extra this time if I booked another block in

Ive been training twice a week since April, 3 times for the last 10 weeks and now Im going to up it to 4, which is enough if you train the right way. And I start my next 12 week bootcamp on Monday night.

Hes very good at what he does, there is not one single session I would ever want to repeat, put it that way

Yesterday I sweated so much it ended up on the gym floor and that is not like me
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread