Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 77
The feel good threadPage 4 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Have a super Christmas Jack
Also everyone else <3
I’m so fvckin excited about Christmas and I’m not even sure why.
I’m to pick family up from the airport around 3.
Then not getting in the car till next week.
Let the drinking begin.
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 78
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/24/2017 2:29:07 AM
lovely thread hostess.....

i had an unexpected visitor last night... my daughters boyfriend... oooh im all excited.. but its not news yet so i really shouldn't prempt it.. but im sure she will say "yes"

three days without a laptop - hopefully give my eyeballs a chance to recover. today is a day to relax, wrap pressies and prep the veg.

fook... already spent (wasted?) an hour reading the forums... the day is disappearing.... i dont know where you lot find the time to post so much... i have posting envy..

happy christmas everybody
wishing you all peace and harmony for the new year
and a new bloke with a big willy for me
xx
 Squareslice
Msg: 79
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/24/2017 3:44:37 AM
This wee choon aye makes me feel good (I think Springsteen was on summat stronger than coffee when he wrote it(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWVL4B-4pI
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 80
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/26/2017 1:58:10 AM
thanks pauline... i didnt get a bloke with a big willy but i did get a hot water bottle cover with a little willy.... my children are so inappropriate sometimes...

my daughter got engaged :-)

what a lovely christmas :-)
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 81
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/31/2017 2:28:41 AM
Congratulations heaven! That’s a real feel good moment.

My niece who has been staying with me confided she is having a nipper. May be that she’s still here with me when the little bundle of pure bliss is born.
Excited doesn’t cover it.

Everyone have a great night!

Ps......nice to have this thread to keep coming back to....hats off to Hostess :)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 82
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 1/17/2018 10:12:29 AM
Aaaaah - does anyone rememebr me telling you about my mate who met a woman in a pub? No? Well - he was standing at the bar having a drink with his mate when a young (30ish) girl on the way to the toilet did a double take, came back and asked them if they were single. They said yes and she asked them to join her Mum.

My mate thought this was bonkers and went to buy some more drinks. Luckily his oppo persuaded him to join the young ladies Mum. They got on well so much that with a few weeks were spending a lot of time together.

She likes the heat so they decided to spend the Xmas / New Year week in Lanzarotte. He proposed just after midnight on New Years Day and she said Yes.

All together - aaaahhhhhh!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 83
The feel good thread
Posted: 1/17/2018 11:56:07 PM
I simply love a good love story.
Right place, right time
George would say
‘Take me back in time, maybe I can forget
Turn a different corner and we never would have met
Would you care?’

Justanotherchap
Msg: 84
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 1/23/2018 4:29:50 AM
Went so see Paddington 2 again on Sunday. Still blooming funny second time around. I'll buy the DvD when it comes out as an emergency pick me up.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 85
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 1/23/2018 2:05:19 PM
My son said that Paddington 2 was funnier than the first. I didn't see it but I did see the first film. I'll go and see Coco this week.

Talking of Pixar, I rewatched Inside Out on Sunday. That gets my eyes wet every time.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 86
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 1/23/2018 10:35:31 PM
My dog's bed exploded in the washing machine after many washings, and I finally found the same one to replace it. Also got a great deal on cage free organic brown eggs, 12 for $2.50. Sometimes it's the little things that makes a person happy, and that's usually the way it is for me☺
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 87
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 1/24/2018 12:44:21 AM
i got an increase in salary whoop whoop

after being nice and professional for 6 months and getting nowhere i told them i wasn't being heard and was going to resign... a letter was received four days later confirming my new salary.

i hate the passive/aggressive approach but can understand why people use it.... it gets results!
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 88
The feel good thread
Posted: 1/24/2018 9:26:54 AM
I successfully appealed against a parking ticket, today I got the result.
Happy days if I’d failed to convince the tribunal it would have cost me £50
 Hostess68
Msg: 89
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/2/2018 1:16:33 PM
Today is the 2nd of February - Ground hog day. We are officially nearer spring than to Mid Winter... I feel good!
 Squareslice
Msg: 90
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/2/2018 10:51:06 PM
Dinner tonight with Bambi. She's my best pal
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 91
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 12:55:37 AM
my son came home from south sfrica... safe and sound..
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 93
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 3:55:25 AM
Not sure if this fits into the "feel good" but here goes.

Spoiler alert? I won't give away the ending but there are some of the films details below - turn away now if you're intending to go see...

I went to see 3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri last night. The film is about a woman seeking justice for her daughters rape and murder, taunting the police by putting their failings on 3 billboards near her home. This provokes all sort of reactions from the locals, some in support but mostly against. There are some hugely funny moments amidst some very disturbing violence and if you really don't like swearing, don't go. The story goes through quite a few twists and turns, relationships are inspected and dissected, broken and created. It's beautifully filmed, told and the end is quite unexpected.

Be prepared to laugh and cry. I'm not sure quite what everyone was thinking but unusually the audience sat through all the credits in perfect silence, gathering their thoughts I think.
 billybonds
Msg: 94
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 6:53:15 AM
I intend not to dodge things too much longer chap. .
But I'm out and about at the moment and I just had a
almond bakewell cake thing..warm and gooey from
pret a manger...oh phooey so nice...with hot tea. .
Life is so good ... any way what I really want to know is
Was the film par Paddington 2 or sub Paddington 2 ?

Paddington 2 is the best film ever made !
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 95
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 8:54:29 AM
There's the problem. It's a twisty turny tale well worth seeing but once you know the plot and all the changes of direction, would you see it again? Maybe ten years down the line. OTH - I have seen Paddington twice already and laughed as loudly second time around. I am still trying to persuade a friend to go see it as she needs cheering up a little and I would go with her. Friends have got in the queue to buy the DVD when it comes out as a sort of pck-me-up should they need it - great idea, I can't see anyone failing to laugh.

Best film ever? Don't know but certainly up there.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 96
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 11:35:26 AM
Jack, there isn't enough competition in the cable tv business. People in the states hate our major cable provider. I "cut the cord" with cable last year and got an indoor antenna. Probably outdoor is best, but I do get 47 channels, free. I get excellent reception, but it depends where you live. You could call cutting the cord my feel good moment☺

I didn't know Paddington was such a good movie. I'll have to look into it. I do see there is an issue with distribution, where they (Harvey Weinstein) screwed over a Canadian co. http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-weinstein-paddington2-story.html
 rekirked
Msg: 97
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 12:14:31 PM
Has anyone seen Logan Lucky? Great film, watched it last night. There was a a track playing about half way through called Down Man by a Dutch band called Brainbox, recorded in 1969 and i’d never heard it before or heard of the band, it’s been playing in my car on repeat all afternoon. Personally I think it’s one of the best tracks I’ve ever heard and they deserve to be up there with the likes of Moody Blues and Led zeppelin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJWLVYK9zk4
 Hostess68
Msg: 98
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 1:38:11 PM
Paddington 2 Billy????? Really?? You have just destroyed my fantasy of you!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 99
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 3:23:05 PM
Billy looks like Ewan McGregor
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 100
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/4/2018 1:43:35 AM
or does ewan m look like billy..?

i woke up in a good mood today... cancelled breakfast with a friend in favour of cleaning the house.. gotta srike when the iron is hot and the house needs it.. badly..
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread