Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jacknher
Msg: 101
The feel good threadPage 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Yesterday I bit the bullet and cancelled Sky tv after apparently being a customer for 10 years and 8 months.
We got it originally because Mum and Dad were stuck at home a lot and Freeview was unavailable here at the time.......even now we still only get the half-arsed version of Freeview that is called "Freeview Light".

Anyway.....every year I have wheeled and dealed with Sky to get it cheaper. But this time it's definitely going. We have Amazon Prime.....and will swap between Netflix and NowTV dependent what I can score discount vouchers for at the time.
Internet on-demand TV and binge watching is the way to go.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 102
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 3:55:25 AM
Not sure if this fits into the "feel good" but here goes.

Spoiler alert? I won't give away the ending but there are some of the films details below - turn away now if you're intending to go see...

I went to see 3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri last night. The film is about a woman seeking justice for her daughters rape and murder, taunting the police by putting their failings on 3 billboards near her home. This provokes all sort of reactions from the locals, some in support but mostly against. There are some hugely funny moments amidst some very disturbing violence and if you really don't like swearing, don't go. The story goes through quite a few twists and turns, relationships are inspected and dissected, broken and created. It's beautifully filmed, told and the end is quite unexpected.

Be prepared to laugh and cry. I'm not sure quite what everyone was thinking but unusually the audience sat through all the credits in perfect silence, gathering their thoughts I think.
 billybonds
Msg: 103
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 6:53:15 AM
I intend not to dodge things too much longer chap. .
But I'm out and about at the moment and I just had a
almond bakewell cake thing..warm and gooey from
pret a manger...oh phooey so nice...with hot tea. .
Life is so good ... any way what I really want to know is
Was the film par Paddington 2 or sub Paddington 2 ?

Paddington 2 is the best film ever made !
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 104
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 8:54:29 AM
There's the problem. It's a twisty turny tale well worth seeing but once you know the plot and all the changes of direction, would you see it again? Maybe ten years down the line. OTH - I have seen Paddington twice already and laughed as loudly second time around. I am still trying to persuade a friend to go see it as she needs cheering up a little and I would go with her. Friends have got in the queue to buy the DVD when it comes out as a sort of pck-me-up should they need it - great idea, I can't see anyone failing to laugh.

Best film ever? Don't know but certainly up there.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 105
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 11:35:26 AM
Jack, there isn't enough competition in the cable tv business. People in the states hate our major cable provider. I "cut the cord" with cable last year and got an indoor antenna. Probably outdoor is best, but I do get 47 channels, free. I get excellent reception, but it depends where you live. You could call cutting the cord my feel good moment☺

I didn't know Paddington was such a good movie. I'll have to look into it. I do see there is an issue with distribution, where they (Harvey Weinstein) screwed over a Canadian co. http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-weinstein-paddington2-story.html
 rekirked
Msg: 106
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 12:14:31 PM
Has anyone seen Logan Lucky? Great film, watched it last night. There was a a track playing about half way through called Down Man by a Dutch band called Brainbox, recorded in 1969 and i’d never heard it before or heard of the band, it’s been playing in my car on repeat all afternoon. Personally I think it’s one of the best tracks I’ve ever heard and they deserve to be up there with the likes of Moody Blues and Led zeppelin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJWLVYK9zk4
 Hostess68
Msg: 107
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 1:38:11 PM
Paddington 2 Billy????? Really?? You have just destroyed my fantasy of you!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 108
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/3/2018 3:23:05 PM
Billy looks like Ewan McGregor
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 109
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/4/2018 1:43:35 AM
or does ewan m look like billy..?

i woke up in a good mood today... cancelled breakfast with a friend in favour of cleaning the house.. gotta srike when the iron is hot and the house needs it.. badly..
 rekirked
Msg: 110
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/4/2018 3:08:48 AM
Jet washing the drive today followed by a roast up the pub, I love Sunday’s.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 111
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/4/2018 7:05:19 AM
Kirk, that's what I need to do. I have some moss starting to grow. I have to get a pressure washer or I think I can buy an attachment for the end of my lawn hose that turns it into one.

It's a big day stateside for those that watch football. It's the Superbowl, so the final game of the season to see who will be victorious. I'll be bringing rum punch and a homemade pepperoni pizza (using smoked mozzarella and scamorza) to a superbowl party.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 112
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/6/2018 8:38:27 AM
Apparently the superbowl was a bit of a shock with the Eagles winning. Hope you enjoyed it.

Paddington 2 has hit some sort of record for being the film with the most positive reviews in succession and not a single negative review on Rottentomatoes. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paddington_2/

It's oscar season so I'm off to Darkest Hour this week and Post next. The Shape of Water sounds a little far fetched, sorry but I an't believe in Aliens and government cover ups.
 rekirked
Msg: 113
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/6/2018 9:25:52 AM
Newyorker, vinegar is good. Kills it to the roots but I didn’t have time, and I enjoy blasting it with the jet wash.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 114
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/6/2018 9:57:22 AM

I have some moss starting to grow.

Depending on where the moss is growing either get a goat or a man.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 115
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/6/2018 9:18:41 PM
Kirk, I use a powder that has zinc in it that I sprinkle on my roof's ridge and then let the rain bring it down slowly on the roof. It kills moss and inhibits it from growing. I never had moss growing on my driveway before or I would have used that as a preventative.

Rise, I need both☺ If my feminine charms are working, maybe the guy could take care of both issues☺
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 116
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/6/2018 11:39:44 PM
looks like im the only one who encourages the growth of moss... what's wrong with moss that you would want to kill it? i always thought moss was good, looks pretty, birds like it, bugs love it...
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 117
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 1:54:50 AM
My back lawn is mostly moss, the grass seems to have disappeared. I think it’s the damp.
Talking of euphemisms isn’t kirky’s ‘roast up the pub’ a bit suspect too :)
 rekirked
Msg: 118
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 2:40:14 AM
I like a bit of moss but not on the drive, it can make it a bit too slippy when wet. Besides I’ve discovered that keeping the front of my place immaculate inspires the neighbours to do the same and it raises the standard of the whole close. Apart from one stubborn, slovenly resident at No 12 with an old van on his drive and visible wheelie bins but he’ll cave in eventually.

Yours sincerely

Kirk Bucket
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 119
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 3:49:26 AM
Where are the wheelie bins supposed to go?
Not the back yard.....that’s my space
And my back passage isn’t big enough for wheelie bins.
 rekirked
Msg: 120
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 4:48:23 AM
Let’s leave your back passage out of this. My bins were in the garage but now I just put them in the back garden, it’s handy and close to the back kitchen door. I really can’t stand wheelie bins out the front of houses I think it looks awful. I realise some have no choice but you can get some fake Bush screen things now to put around them, even that makes a big difference.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 121
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 5:07:29 AM
Ma wee hoose is one of these on this site. Don't be fooled. The hooses are made of metal. It is too cold for moss. Big bit at the side though for my three different bins and constantly overflowing bottle bin.

But having lived in the scheme all my life it is sad that i hardly know anyone anymore. Saying that I'm on nodding terms with the folk over the road. The other hoose is dereks and i have a pint with him now and then.

It's quiet apart from the buses and when i get the vinyl blaring when pissed. I'm sure the neighbours know The Smiths well by now.

And the palm tree things are gone now. My back end is huge. And the garden as well. South facing. Gets the sun all day. And i hate sitting out in the sun.

I leave the back garden to its own devices. I have an apple tree and some other tree. The birds get well fed and i have seen a fox meander through on its ownsome. I like the wild garden though. Always feed the birds well. If they drunk beer they would get some of that as well.

Ah well time to second coat the ceiling. Toodle pip

Ma hoose.

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_STREET/0_street_views_-_craigour_avenue_031493.htm

Oooo and i forgot to mention. Do any of yous like horses? Every year the riding of the marches passes down my street and right past my door.

The riding of the marches

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2GgukdddzsU
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 122
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 6:28:26 AM
Have to say I`m really glad that this thread is still getting posts, its one of the very few happy feel threads on here.

Vlad - Its great to see you on here, hope your keeping well.
 rekirked
Msg: 123
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 8:59:52 AM
Vlad have you always enjoyed feeding the birds? I’m wondering if it’s an age thing because I’ve started feeding them and love watching them in the garden, I never used to even notice them. My garden is just a courtyard really but it’s surrounded by hedges and bustling with tits and finches.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 124
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 9:19:34 AM
Kirk
"Vlad have you always enjoyed feeding the birds? I’m wondering if it’s an age thing because I’ve started feeding them and love watching them in the garden, I never used to even notice them. My garden is just a courtyard really but it’s surrounded by hedges and bustling with tits and finches."

Aye mate. My da gave me a healthy respect for nature. I always used to throw bread out for them but no pay too much attention but as you say the aulder ive got the more i sit and watch them as they feed.

The wee squabbles they have and the teaming up to chase other birds to get to the food.

I also buy the half coco nut shells filled with whatever. They tell you to put them in places that make it a bit tougher for the birds to get at at but i feel sorry for them so wedge them in for easy eating.

Any cats in the garden get a wee chuckie stone thrown at them to chase them off.

They must love it when im on the drink though lol as eating bread gets sidelined. So they get the whole loaf. Ive no seen any hedgehogs for years though. The last time was around 15 years ago. The mother was hurt and the wee ones wandering about. We phoned the sspca and asked what to do. So me and my lassie put cardboard boxes over them to keep them safe and gave them water until the sspca arrived.

The birds can be most entertaining though.
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 125
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/7/2018 3:02:40 PM
my lawn is about 10% lawn, the rest is moss, dandelions, thistles, clover, and bluebells .The bluebells arrived about 5 years ago, just a couple, now they cover the front at the right time of year and a few have sneaked round the back. No idea where they came from. I've cursed the 'lawn' at times over the years , forgetting and walking on it bare foot and getting thistled. But I will be moving soon and I'll sorta miss it. Most of the houses I've been looking at have postage stamp gardens. I don't feed the birdies cos I have cats.One can't catch a bird to save his life but the other is a demon.

Today's feelgood factor. I had a great big fry up for dinner, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans and fried bread. Haven't done that for ages.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread